"If I'm gonna let Samsung fuck me, I'm not gonna add Ronald McDonald and make it a menage a trois"Noir Vesper

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
FUCK, I missed that part. I was looking for a free version while they were talking about it.

Idk if free VPNs have Japan on list though, so might've had to be spend anyway.

edit : "it's only banned in US and one other country, you dont need Japan on VPN, just any country would do"- someone on Pekocord

edit 2: I found a Free VPN with Japan on the list, fuck I wasted over over 30 min of my time and $5

:painpeko:
The Japs have put together the word to go fuck over the Foreigner from Ohio, it seems. That's one less $5 superchat he can send saying "LMAAAAAOOOOOO".
Good shit, jp bros.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Oh hey, Gura got nominated for the streamer awards alongside filian and ironmouse. There's also Jaiden and Shxtou. Neat

Guys, we got a ton of shit for not nominating a SINGLE Vtuber from Youtube. Fuck it, just throw that blue girl in there, that will shut everybody up.

"I want you guys to understand...!"
"Chat, you have to understand...!"

Nousagi talks to his chat with a sense of urgency and pompous self-import as if he's relaying some top-secret information that the government is after him for and "they could be here any second and how dare you have the audacity to be this stupid to not realize the self-evident ramifications of these things I'm revealing to you!?"
He has nearly 100k subs. I would assume that 90-95% of them dont know shit about past lives, or back-end drama. He is talking to the normie that watches him and knows nothing of these characters. The Twitch-only viewers.

I'd rather Gura win it anyways. Would be good to have an acknowledgement of the market leaders and culture that produced vtubing in a western award show. It's either her or Mouse, and Mouse has already won enough accolades that it wouldn't mean much.

Mouse ended up top female streamer on Twitch again with her month long subathon, and her & Connor have done some massive charity events together.
Mouse is winning this.

I mean, cool, I guess. But it isn't like she, or anyone else, is really doing anything new in the field, except Neuro and Vedal. Also, the "HoLO En GiRLs doN't dO AnYThiNG" bit is getting really old and not true.
This is not an innovation award. This is a popularity contest.

Dying look Mouse is obviously a good talent but she got big because of her disease and i refuse to believe at least 20% of her current active viewers are not just there because of that.
I somewhat agree. A good part of Ironmouse is that she is an amazing inspiration story. People eat that shit up because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside. That said she has used her illness to do a few charity drives and honestly im all for it.

EN3 looks like generic B-tier 2023 Isekai filler, these are way below standard compared to Hololive norms.

Hopefully they sound better than they look. I noticed nobody here picked up that Homura-Alter is covered in music notation, so maybe she's gonna be the singer of the gen? Disappointed they felt they needed another loli, and I'm gonna have a laugh if the twins end up being another Elira/Selen situation where it's hardly acknowledged and they're complete opposites who almost never interact. I just hope the two mature looking ones don't end up with voices that don't match. That would be the biggest downer. So so tired of age regression, key ups, and voice changers in modern woman.

That's all I'll say about EN3 until they actually debut. I've become super jaded these days I guess. But maybe low expectations will lead to a pleasant surprise, who knows... Fingers crossed. 🤞
People noticed in the other thread. Design-wise they seem very similar to HoloX. Maybe Holo is taking a page from Nijisanji and having full gen reveals that are somewhat losely tied to themes with other gens.

I'm not over-impressed by the EN3 characters, I guess the princess girl looks cute and the sisters matching is a nice touch, but they all look over-designed in one way or another and I hope the models make them look better than the trailer. That being said I remember absolutely despising the original Tempus designs for the same reason yet I ended up not caring much once I'd come to associate them with the lads' personalities, so it's not something I'm too worried about long-term.
A good design will bring people over. Their personalities will make people stay.

Edit: Speaking of notRiifu's thing.

View attachment 37441

Going to assume it has to do with a possible sponsor. If she can get 3Dio sponsors for the girls shes getting that would be pretty nice.

You have to be a particular breed of retard to join the corpo of the e-whore who didn't read her contract and got fired from her past corpo. She could prove me wrong and actually pull it off but statistics say that whores are braindead. That's why they never stop being whore because they piss away all their money.
She's fairly upfront at what she wants to do. She does want to manage and dip into content creation at the same time. I feel like she might be taking on way too much upon herself (there is a reason why talents retire when they dip into management). Honestly im all for it. If it works it will be glorious. If it goes up in flames it will also be glorious.

Obligatory "THE DESIGNS SUCK!" posts that are made after every. fucking. reveal. But you will still cry your eyes out like a bitch when they graduate.
If hanging around this community for years has taught me anything it's that the designs only affect wider/mainstream appeal, your chuuba could be fucking ugly and there will still be a group of diehard fans behind them, doubly so with the Holo name behind them.
Before debut: "HOLY FUCK, THESE MODELS ARE AWFUL! MAGNI AND VESPER LOOK ATROCIOUS! THEY'RE GOING TO BOMB! NO ONE IS GOING TO WATCH THEM!"
After debut: "Wow guys, I can't believe Cover suspended the two most beloved members of Tempus, Magni and Vesper. If they actually terminate them, they will kill the StarsEN branch outright."
The designs look fine. As long as they don't have rhombus faces it should be fine. Loli has a ton of jewels so I expect all of them to have their own reflection and whatnot.

Final Fantasy 14 Coomer Tuber Lucy Pyre puts out a video about discoverability and algorithms.

Posting because I'm petty and a cartoon woman agrees with what I said ages ago -- actual discoverability doesn't exist on Twitch.
Penumbral does streams on youtube and he gets about 200 CCV. His Twitch gaming streams get about 20-30. Not sure if he is just not marketing himself properly but he already has a somewhat sizeable YT following but that doesnt seem to translate that well into Twitch streaming.

Phase dragon time
E: link again in case people need it
Nasa trying to say people's names is adorable, heads up, she said archive members only
View attachment 37467

Fuck me shes so good.

Also Pippa clip tax:

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
So, the Loch Ness One Eyed Monster, then?
Aye, I still remember that day when me an' tha lads hunted the accursed Moby Pink. With his elongated neck spitting salty milk whoever gets near him, it was a memory I'll never forget. Drenched in that salty goo, I tried to stab his hole to no avail while me mates were slowly dragged down to the abyss. I can still hear their cries: "Oh my God, this is so salty and creamy."

Arr, tis a tragedy. So you better stay away from ol' Moby Pink lest you suffer the same salty fate.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
This is not an innovation award. This is a popularity contest.
Not even. This isn't an event that gets voted on. They have judges.

Winner Selection: After the Official Nominees for each Award have been determined at the end of the Review Period, the Academy will select the winner from among the Official Nominees for each Award (each, an “Award Winner”). For each Eligible Subject selected as an Award Winner, the manner and details of announcing its designation as an Official Nominee and Award Winner shall be strictly confidential and shall be determined by Company in its sole discretion. Not all Awards will be publicized in the same manner, and while some Awards might be presented in a public ceremony, other Awards may be given by private notification. The Academy’s decisions regarding the Award Winners will be final. Company reserves the right to withdraw any Award from an Award Winner at a later date if Company subsequently learns, discovers, or finds that the Award Winner failed to comply in any way with any of the Project Agreements or has committed or does commit any act or has engaged or does engage in any conduct which is an offense under federal, state or local laws, including moral turpitude, or which brings Award Winner into public disrepute, scandal, or ridicule or which tends, in Company’s opinion, to reflect unfavorably upon Company and/or the Streamy Awards.

Another section of-note:
To submit an Eligible Subject as a Submission, you must be the Creator, and you must properly register/log-in, complete, and submit the individual Submission Form available at https://www.streamys.org/submissions/ (individually and collectively, “Submission Form”) during the Submission Period.

So either Cover submitted Gura as a possible nominee (possible), the company took it upon themselves to add her in (likely), or Gura submitted herself (lmao no fucking way).

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Sorry for everyone who dont understand JP but this is something i wanted to see.Lapu chan with this Nijisanji vtuber:Kanae

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I respect the Ina hustle. Streaming seven days in a row for her bingo space, and then playing minesweeper to get the retro-game space.

Kalion

:)
Edit: I say "Ex-Tsunderia" as that should make sense, but she still has it in both her channel name and this video title.

1690262783638.png

Well I guess that answers that. :SelenHAHAhere:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
New Calli song!

Not exactly my taste but it's nice to see a holoEN release songs with actual melodies and not just noise the composer thinks sound good. I'll keep saying it, for the love of god cover give these girls actual composers not retards that got famous with shitty beats on bandcamp. There's a myriad of genres and you have girls willing to try something different get motherfuckers to work with you, your biggest talent likes city pop and she has released 0 city pop songs :Juna-WHY:
I was not expecting a fucking Judas Priest-esque drum breakdown near the end there, holy shit.

Good song, the music video's a bit too... out there... for my tastes though.

Looks like Uruka's in trouble for the circumcision Xs. Not sure why that in particular is where the line is.

Archive

I think fishman draws the line with explicit sexual content at least on twitter. They also seem to have gag on internet drama. A year ago I would've called him a fag but nowadays I trust the man. The girls praise him a lot and pippa also called him a good man, I hope for his species he doesn't pull any shit though :guraimwatchingyou:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
So i'm not exactly sure whether this has been posted before (with search being fucked and all), but ANYCOLOR's vtuber academy thingie that they make to train aspiring people to be vtubers (either in Niji or outside of it) yesterday dropped this tweet

a.jpg note the hidden replies button
b.jpgb 2.jpeg
Something along the line of suspending any posts that was done by the talent currently studying there. According to niji fans who followed them, this is some sort of extended break and while there's other examples of break before, they usually has some sort of return date (this tweet doesn't). Maybe someone like @Scuddle can explain if there's anything interesting about this?

I mostly asked this because according to this funny moron, they actually hid a reply with the fact of a woman in there. Not sure the whole context was but it's something.

c.jpg

Last edited:

Short

God Damn the Sun
Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
So i'm not exactly sure whether this has been posted before (with search being fucked and all), but ANYCOLOR's vtuber academy thingie that they make to train aspiring people to be vtubers (either in Niji or outside of it) yesterday dropped this tweet

(will archive later)
Something along the line of suspending any posts that was done by the talent currently studying there. According to niji fans who followed them, this is some sort of extended break and while there's other examples of break before, they usually has some sort of return date (this tweet doesn't). Maybe someone like @Scuddle can explain if there's anything interesting about this?

I mostly asked this because according to this funny moron, they actually hid a reply with the fact of a woman in there. Not sure the whole context was but it's something.

It all returns to nothing
it just keeps tumbling down
tumbling down
tumbling doooown

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grimmis playing the new remnant game. She's really getting into it

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
This is from yesterday, the amazing dancing spidor:

I DANCED TILL I DROPPED!! (not really don't worry)
Oyasumiya❤️
amidance.png

AmpleChip

Crossposting from the EN3 thread, Kobo's IRL got found out.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Crossposting from the EN3 thread, Kobo's IRL got found out.

Welp, Calli and Kiara weren't kidding about her being a tiny thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom