"♫ But if you close your eyes; Does it almost feel like, nothing's changed dayoo! ♫ and if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like, we've been here dayooOOO! ♫"Pikamee fans watching Henya

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
:cursedbae:Hololive could not find any unpouched talents and so asked Magni and Vesper to join EN Gen 3. I look forward to their new idol models. :cursedbae:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
:cursedbae:Hololive could not find any unpouched talents and so asked Magni and Vesper to join EN Gen 3. I look forward to their new idol models. :cursedbae:
No wonder Magni's PL did all those videos about femboys (literal), and Ves did promise to chop his penis off after losing at monopoly....

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
The announcement is Omega's back and he was Vesper all along.
Meds? What meds? :menhera:

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
@White Stone That's fair. After AO's dumb trivia about who is and isn't Hololive/Holostars/HoloPro I've kinda tuned out of the differences in logos.

Still, postponing a Tempus anniversary, not listing merch, and leaving two of the biggest branch members out in the aether somewhere while EN3 or some other project gets announced for the girls isn't much better imo. Whatever this announcement is probably should've waited until the situation has concluded.

There's a lot I want to say based off how I experienced how Niji (mis)handled similar situations but at this point I don't think people want to hear my autistic ramblings and I also don't think we'll have to wait long to hear from the horse's mouth anyway.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
AmeTori is a special one. Probably next to PomuTori my least favorite Kiara ship. (Romantic) Ships dont really work overall with Ame, she never engages in them. AmeSame is cute in art but that stuff is mostly carried by fans with delusions from back in 2020. Ame is cool to ship and explore non-romantic dynamics with, especially in a lore sense, thats why I am a huge supporter of TimeDuo (AmeTori lore version is pretty cool as well ngl, with Ame going back and meeting different past lives of Kiara and getting to know her better that way to help her solve a current-day conflict with Kiara).

Anyways, AmeTori falls flat because Kiara admires Ame and her technological abilities. Kiara knows about computers about as much as the average white woman, so she considers Ame a God. Also she is absolutely clueless as to what a Gosling actually is, and proudly claims herself as the #1 Gosling and #1 Teamate and has even said so in front of Ame during the offcollab. Kiara seems to believe that a Gosling is just another name for "Fan of Amelia Watson". When Kiara gets like that, Ame just goes back into her shell, doesn't acknowledge what Kiara just said and ignores it. For the best, but Kiaras german lack of takt just makes her repeat it again to get some kind of response from Ame.

TL;DR: Kiara puts Ame on a pedestal and whorships her and lowers herself in front of Ame. That makes Ame really uncomfortable, but Kiara doesn't care, she thinks too highly of Ame to consider that. Also a false assumption about the meaning of what a Gosling is makes makes Ame cringe, a lot.
Well, I'm actually a huge Amesame enjoyer, if some of my past comments haven't made it clear by now. This is also why, of all the rrats being peddled here, the "Ame and Gura hates each other" rrat is one that I will never play along with.
Anyway, I don't even treat their ship as a romantic one in the first place, I just enjoy their dynamics, their chemistry, and their banter on-stream. In contrast with how Kiara put Ame on the pedestal like what you have said, Ame and Gura treats each other as their equal and just casually vibes along with each other.
Other Ame ships I like include AMei and Time Duo (they are much more comfortable with each other in their last 1-1 collab). I also think Fauname has potential (as of this comment they haven't collab 1-1 yet), I have a feeling she is also a closet teamate, though not as much as she is a chumbud.

Last edited:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Wadamama is horny for krofau. :shiinastare: archive
View attachment 37224

ouro-kronii-murder-eyes.gif

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Right as I'm about to sleep Mysta announces he's graduating on Aug 27

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Having caught up some rambles:

I don't think a mixed gen KILLS Holo, but I do think it causes a fair number of issues since it somewhat implies forced interactions. If I was Cover and absolutely felt like I HAD to debut some men and women, the best way would be to split it so that it's vaguely related but still entirely different. 3/3 split from the teaser based on doors or whatever, 3 "awaken" and meet/interact with whichever team they're with then the other 3 a few weeks later or whatever. You get new blood in both sides, you have a few talents for each, and go from there. If they want to interact then that's up to them. Holo still has people who have no interest in hanging out with others. Let's not forget that weird ass Kanata moment when she inadvertantly ended up near MEN in that minecraft collab. Iirc that was the issue anyway. Big weird ass menhara unicron moment. And several others are pretty open about not wanting to be involved.

I think it's just much smarter and easier to keep doing the seperation thing and allowing whoever wants to interact interact. Has had only minor issues for the most part and most people don't take the rabble rousers seriously. Otherwise like someone said it fucks with the expectations of their big collabs like sportsfes. I absolutely believe there would be a huge shit storm with men in HoloFes though.

Sort of popped what I kind of expect if they ever DID do a "mixed" but I'm not really betting on it. I think it's just one project or wave. As far as how necessary is it? Well not particularly but it HAS been around 2 years. At some point you're going to have to claw at some talent or your options are going to keep disappearing. Several small corpos just grabbed up some damn good singers that probably would have KILLED it with big corpo support. Well, i guess Nana did end up under.. sony music? So she's got potential backing. Chapipi would have been a damn good singer pick up for example.

Though I still think Cover has had some black magic for who they've picked for the most part being solid to amazing, with only a few maybe being meh at worst. They all offer something and you're almost never stuck seeing someone mention a Holo member and go "Who?" (In part because Niji has so many to be fair.) Personally I'm happy with who they have but "business wise" a few newbies to fill up time slots and get new merch options probably wouldn't hurt. NEED EN HAG PLS KTHX. Also honestly Kiara's doing well now what with her adventure in Japan but getting her a homie or two in her time zone if possible probably wouldn't hurt when she's back home.

Cover. Cover please. I miss my boys. They were my homies. My people. Either heal my soul or rip off the band-aid. :urtearingmeapart:
I'm still holding out some hope though because delaying everything for dead men walking seems weird. Rushia's upcoming merch flat out offered refunds I'm pretty sure, and I think if they were potentially gone you wouldn't stall everything over it. If you announce graduation before the merch then your sales will suffer and people will be mad and not order. If you announce after the merch then your rep is getting fucked alongside your sales because that looks even worse and people will potentially cancel payments in ways that cost you money instead of just not buying in the first place.
Or I dunno shit about business and people which is definitely also possible. I just think delaying info, the graduation if it's indeed a thing, and the anniversary all at once is a damn awful look.

Towa banger voice. As always.

Since I type slow as fuck while rambling:

And another one gone and another one gone. RESET THE CLOCK

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
RightQuerulousGalago-max-1mb.gif

Anyone got the leak on hand? I vaguely recall Mysta being amongst the future graduations listed on it.

akaaoi

I've never watched this guy so when I checked his stream just now I thought for a few seconds that his viewers were being super salty and sending him "Thanks for selling your soul!" chats to him for graduating as that message popped up next to his head until I realised that was his generic membership join/renewal pop up blurb.

Edit: Somebody should set up a suicide watch for his chat though, there's a hell of a lot of "please tell us you're joking"s in there.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Towa's 1st album is releasing as well, about 2 weeks before the live
17514.jpg

The new outfit, multiple covers/originals, her 1st album and her 1st solo live. This is her year bros. I'm so fucking happy for her :sanasmile:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

USS IOWA

Man, What I learn today is the only way that Cover would lose talents is if they fired them.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
And another one gone and another one gone. RESET THE CLOCK
Just want to say this is one worth watching Mysta is usually super open about behind the scene stuff hes currently talking about how long graduation takes due to needing to fulfill obligations before leaving

Which implies Selen and other talents with full up schedules might still be leaving

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Just want to say this is one worth watching Mysta is usually super open about behind the scene stuff hes currently talking about how long graduation takes due to needing to fulfill obligations before leaving

Which implies Selen and other talents with full up schedules might still be leaving
If Shu graduates, then the leaks are true.

Stunned But Dumb

There's a lot I want to say based off how I experienced how Niji (mis)handled similar situations but at this point I don't think people want to hear my autistic ramblings and I also don't think we'll have to wait long to hear from the horse's mouth anyway.
If it means anything I always appreciate your input

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
@White Stone That's fair. After AO's dumb trivia about who is and isn't Hololive/Holostars/HoloPro I've kinda tuned out of the differences in logos.

Still, postponing a Tempus anniversary, not listing merch, and leaving two of the biggest branch members out in the aether somewhere while EN3 or some other project gets announced for the girls isn't much better imo. Whatever this announcement is probably should've waited until the situation has concluded.

With Mysta announcing graduation, it might be a pretty interesting take to read anyway. (Personally I always rather liked having someone who actually could drop some Niji info dumps on and off. Even if I'm not primarily a Niji person or simp. I just like a few of the EN girls.)

Funnily enough I don't watch him much but have it on. Never hated him or anything but just wasn't a Nijidude watcher.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
View attachment 37240

Anyone got the leak on hand? I vaguely recall Mysta being amongst the future graduations listed on it.
Past leaks mention Shu and Selen as the likely candidate to graduate next, though it is still being rrat at most I would rather wait until it's official
Mysta graduating isn't the most surprising seeing he had several menhera moments sometimes, with the one being apparent was during Millie's gc stream drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom