"Are moths the goth version of butterflies?"Ceres Fauna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
After saying "chocobo" in a multitude of different ways, Calli landed on "chocolate bros". Without missing a beat, she reads "Based BBC enjoyer" from chat, likely ignorant to its meaning. :Vesper-UNHINGED:
KAREN NO

How do you not know how to pronounce Chocobo? Seriously.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

More Hawk Quest III with best birb hag.

Negzana

More Hawk Quest III with best birb hag.

I wonder if she is gonna get to Zoma tonight, do one big finale. Even if she does she has the Shenron superboss to do so I won't be missing too much going to bed/

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
It still amuses me to no end that despite being the cutest and daintiest member of Niji EN she's the one who mostly sings metal songs in her karaoke plus her 3D oshi is this Hagrid looking motherfucker

View attachment 35923
"Somebody shoot that guy"

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Rio is learning Mephisto on his guitar stream. First Holo I've heard attempting it. Unfortunately no clips and he might make the VOD members-only.

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
After saying "chocobo" in a multitude of different ways, Calli landed on "chocolate bros". Without missing a beat, she reads "Based BBC enjoyer" from chat, likely ignorant to its meaning. :Vesper-UNHINGED:
That was "based CCB enjoyer," thank you very much.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I know which is her favorite thread on here :smugrys:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If that were the reason (that they just don’t think it would be good content) I would once again say “I get it, but I wish they’d reconsider”. They could frame their reason as something simple like, “you can’t throw Goku into K-on and expect the show to be good, even if you like both of those things separately.”
But then for my counterpoint; I hadn’t even thought about Vesper and Fauna, but they could go in depth on cursed memes. IRyS and Vesper could talk about manga and anime, both have talked about Gundam and Diamond no Ace on multiple occasions and you’d probably get a similar interaction that IRyS had with Ina where they misinterpreted ‘ships’ in Gundam, which is humorous content. Mumei, Fauna, Magni, and Vesper could do a 4-way furry-drawing competition.
But all that said, the ‘quality of content’ excuse is far more subjective and even with my above argument they could just say, “nah, I disagree with your disagreement”, where-as my ‘kill all unicorns’ argument is just objectively correct
That doesn't take into account the type of people the girls are and that all takes into account the assumption that the talents would actually hit it off with each other. "They might share similar interests, maybe" only go so far. I don't think the content generated would be different enough from what we already get from the girls that do collab with the guys that people should be frothing at the mouth at the mere thought of them collabing together wondering how they couldn't be collabing already.

Calli, Bae, and some of the ID girls are extremely personable, easy to get along with, and generally do well in collabs. Kronii is just a dude-bro and completely unhinged, which works well with them. They genuinely interacted with and got to know the boys before even collabing with them, though, which let them have genuinely interesting. Ame doesn't pull it off at all, but she is just bad with collabs, in general, most of the time.

There has to be some level of rapport for it to actually be interesting. While Kiara could likely pull it off well enough, Mumei, IRyS, and, to a far lesser extent, Fauna would likely just be awful with it. Mumei would 100% wallflower, like she did during the JP Stars Garctic collab with Ollie and Bae, and with pretty much any collab with someone she doesn't really know. IRyS is barely capable of collabing with people she doesn't know, as well. Remember what happened when she was suddenly alone with Kobo when Calli's shit exploded during their Minecraft inpromptu collab? That was one of the most awkward streams I have seen. She barely collabs, in general, anyway. Though, she has had a lot more, lately.

I also think you misinterpret why Fauna doesn't collab with them. Fauna has made it clear on multiple occasions that she has no interest in seeking collabs outside of the EN, JP, and ID girls, like not even just talking about boys, anyone outside Hololive, as well, be it male or female. I don't think anything interesting would come of it. It is not because of unicorns. Unlike Kiara, who is likely a mixture of the whole cute girls doing cute things and not wanting drama, she genuinely just wants to do the cute girls doing cute things with her favorite Hololive girls thing because she is a huge Hololive fan.

I genuinely think the whole "unicorns are the cause of all bad things" has been overblown, nowadays. The people stirring shit are antis and trolls, not unicorns. There is no expelling people from the community like that because they aren't going to leave. Just go back to the whole "we're not friends" drama. That video has a ton of comments, but the ratio of likes to dislikes is like 100 to 1. It is the same hundred or so retards from 4chan trying to stirr shit.

I also just generally think they would have a collab once, then the novelty of it would wear off and they would lose interest and never do it again. So if they just don't want to do it, it's not a big deal.

Tl;dr -- I don't think we are really missing anything if they don't want to collab.

Now that the retarded shit is out of the way, what the fuck, Ollie.

Last edited:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Negzana

I really want to see Lui beat Zoma but it's almost 1 here gotta call quits, someone tell me the timestamp when she fights him so I can see.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I feel like this should be a bigger deal then it is in the community. Four talents banding together, saying "Fuck you, and fuck this, we're out!" - now doing whatever they want. Maybe once they get their "real" models they'll have a bigger impact; or their story will be told more.
They were extremely professional about it and just left. From what I had heard it all basically boiled down to getting 0 support from management while at the same time they were getting a pay cut like what has happened with most smaller JP corpos. Apparently, management had been focusing on Gen 1&2 3D models and prep work for the concert. I think there really isn't much hype about it because there really wasn't any fighting or passive aggressiveness other than the Blue hair girl saying "Dont Join if you are just going to Quit" or some shit.

Requesting new rule to not spam the thread with Nolan-related bullshit until he becomes a Vtuber.

Sleepy + Pippa Clip tax from yesterday.

mismatch

Everybody ready for the show? My 3080 is running at like 75% and it's just the empty concert area...

1689399760603.png

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
That doesn't take into account the type of people the girls are and that all takes into account the assumption that the talents would actually hit it off with each other. "They might share similar interests, maybe" only go so far. I don't think the content generated would be different enough from what we already get from the girls that do collab with the guys that people should be frothing at the mouth at the mere thought of them collabing together wondering how they couldn't be collabing already.

Calli, Bae, and some of the ID girls are extremely personable, easy to get along with, and generally do well in collabs. Kronii is just a dude-bro and completely unhinged, which works well with them. They genuinely interacted with and got to know the boys before even collabing with them, though, which let them have genuinely interesting. Ame doesn't pull it off at all, but she is just bad with collabs, in general, most of the time.

There has to be some level of rapport for it to actually be interesting. While Kiara could likely pull it off well enough, Mumei, IRyS, and, to a far lesser extent, Fauna would likely just be awful with it. Mumei would 100% wallflower, like she did during the JP Stars Garctic collab with Ollie and Bae, and with pretty much any collab with someone she doesn't really know. IRyS is barely capable of collabing with people she doesn't know, as well. Remember what happened when she was suddenly alone with Kobo when Calli's shit exploded during their Minecraft inpromptu collab? That was one of the most awkward streams I have seen. She barely collabs, in general, anyway. Though, she has had a lot more, lately.

I also think you misinterpret why Fauna doesn't collab with them. Fauna has made it clear on multiple occasions that she has no interest in seeking collabs outside of the EN, JP, and ID girls, like not even just talking about boys, anyone outside Hololive, as well, be it male or female. I don't think anything interesting would come of it. It is not because of unicorns. Unlike Kiara, who is likely a mixture of the whole cute girls doing cute things and not wanting drama, she genuinely just wants to do the cute girls doing cute things with her favorite Hololive girls thing because she is a huge Hololive fan.

I genuinely think the whole "unicorns are the cause of all bad things" has been overblown, nowadays. The people stirring shit are antis and trolls, not unicorns. There is no expelling people from the community like that because they aren't going to leave. Just go back to the whole "we're not friends" drama. That video has a ton of comments, but the ratio of likes to dislikes is like 100 to 1. It is the same hundred or so retards from 4chan trying to stirr shit.

I also just generally think they would have a collab once, then the novelty of it would wear off and they would lose interest and never do it again. So if they just don't want to do it, it's not a big deal.

Tl;dr -- I don't think we are really missing anything if they don't want to collab.
The point isn’t that it will work, it’s that it can work. Whether it turns out ‘oh hey, this common interest we have kicked things off’ or ‘eh, we don’t even like this common interest for the same reasons and couldn’t really get into a conversation’ doesn’t matter that much, it just determines whether they’d continue for future collabs, the potential is there to be worth a try. Like, Boomer vs. Zoomer was a hit, but afaik Bae has done almost nothing with stars since then (collab-wise, I know she’s been in chats and done voice work for some videos), so for whatever reason maybe she decided that she’s just not that into collab streams with them, but she still tried a couple times.

And besides, it’s not about superchats,
1689399590699.gif
I probably could have ended the post after the first sentence, but I wanted to make more of an argument and I just had to shoehorn that reference in somehow

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
this nana girl who pippa raided is pretty good at the voice noises

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

Now that the retarded shit is out of the way, what the fuck, Ollie.

I basically agrees with everything you said in that long reply, besides the Ame being bad at collab part. I think she meshed well with Axel, and was also good at picking on Magni (just like Kronii).

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom