"Educate yourself"Finana Ryugu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
When people give excuses for gura not streaming, i always remember that someone streamed with a fucked up jaw for her birthday, and continued to stream while recovering from her jaw surgery.
View attachment 33388
there is a reason why korean suicide rates are so high. They really tend to prioritize work over health.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
When people give excuses for gura not streaming, i always remember that someone streamed with a fucked up jaw for her birthday, and continued to stream while recovering from her jaw surgery.
View attachment 33388
Or y'know, the one that streams more than she's technically supposed to as her third job.
Or the one that also has time to go to a bunch of cons and prepare cosplays for them while still streaming.
Or the one that's also an artist for multiple gacha games and some anime while also streaming.

I can also list off some PhaseConnect members if you'd like :^)

PekoWick

Honestly if I had to guess I'd say she doesn't stream much lately because Cover has her involved in 20 different projects because she's the big one and wants her to be all over anything they do. I wouldn't be surprised if she's spent most of her days in meetings and in studios
Holy mother of cope. Pekora this year will probably have more projects than gura's entire career, will appear in more 3D live, will appear in official channel more and she will still have time to stream. This whole "gura is too busy to stream" is such a huge insult to members that are actually busy.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
View attachment 33388

Yeah even whe she was still spitting blood. Kronii is the best. :kroheart:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Emma debuting in Prism

there is a reason why korean suicide rates are so high. They really tend to prioritize work over health.
It is at this moment I realized the similarities between Airi and Kronii

Are crippling self esteem issues also traits of Korea?

RiverBear

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Decided to join Momo after not watching a while. Given that she's the comfy girl I didn't expect her to say "Momolade" in reference to going to the bathroom

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Holy mother of cope. Pekora this year will probably have more projects than gura's entire career, will appear in more 3D live, will appear in official channel more and she will still have time to stream. This whole "gura is too busy to stream" is such a huge insult to members that are actually busy.
Come on now. Gotta blame someone because shark dont stream. Its obviously cover's fault for not letting her stream by having " too much projects "

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It looks like the Nick Rekeita thread on the homeland's mostly gone back to the usual "vtuber fans are paedos listening to little girl voices" programming so I'm probably gonna tune out unless something else happens, but I just want to say I appreciate @AO Cody's attempt to reason with Nick about the ongoing Pippa/Camelot drama (archive). Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be receptive to it.

This is honestly the most annoying thing. By keeping her so busy with projects and such, they are removing her from connecting with and maintaining her fanbase in a simple and effective way - actually streaming with simple lets plays, zatsus, karaokes, etc like a proper vtuber and what made her famous. (Also, bringing in the $$$.) And her lack of willingness to communicate what is going on and keeping her from streaming, even if basic generic "health break" messages, is just making it worse.
It seems like Cover are just using her as a mascot for Hololive rather than a streamer these days, and I guess it works since she's almost definitely helping sell a ton of concert tickets etc., but the longer this non-committal "new normal" shit goes on the more it's gonna rub people the wrong way. It feels like they're not really sure what to do about whatever her current situation is.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Can the chumps stop trying to craft excuses for Gura's lack of communication and streaming? We're getting near Nolan-levels of thread derailment whenever someone points out her constant absence. No one is convinced of the excuse that Cover has her running point on 78 different projects per week while we see no results for months on end. I use to enjoy making fun of you guys for this shit but it's just pathetic and not even funny anymore. I actually feel bad for you guys that you've been given Stockholm Syndrome by your oshi.

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
Who knows, maybe they had her hooked up to a machine 24/7 reading her brainwaves to create an immortal idol.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
No one's coping, I barely even watch Gura (or watched, I guess), calm down. I'm just guessing based on what seems more likely; that their #1 talent just isn't doing any work or that their #1 talent is being heavily involved in outside projects at the expense of her actual streams.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Who knows, maybe they had her hooked up to a machine 24/7 reading her brainwaves to create an immortal idol.
They are extracting her spinal fluid to inject into normal women and make them into chuubas, the HUMAN HOLOMENTALITY project is going well.
Maybe gura did go with kiara and okayu on a date, but she was in a wheelchair :smugrys:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Unarchived Coni Confetti stream where she watches a deep dive into the DOOM WAD she couldn't finish the other day, starting at the top of the hour:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Decided to join Momo after not watching a while. Given that she's the comfy girl I didn't expect her to say "Momolade" in reference to going to the bathroom

Her model seemed familiar so I checked a bit and she shares illustrator with Millie.
Looks and sounds cute enough, certainly a far cuter voice than Millie's

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
So I have completely gone for over a week do to a combination of health and family issues, I will also will be out of the country for this weeken so is my shitty AirBnB wi-fi cant handle it I might miss the EN concert too, so that sucks, havent really kept with the thread and Vtuber news outside the big one for a while either but wanted to drive by to leave some comment also not back reading 100+ pages:

- I'm so sad about Nina's graduation, she felt like a huge unity pillar for NijiEn and her absences in collabs will be heavily felt.
- Happy for Pako, really hope Vesper behaves I would hate for Pako to loose 2 Vtubers kids in a row, I love Vesper but he is kinda of a wild card.

Calli's being very cagey about an upcoming announcement about a collaboration with something "everyone knows" and she's taking a break for a bit and doesn't want to be online when it gets announced. Said a tweet hinting about it will go out today, and the actual announcement the day after.

Considering the wording I imagine is gotta be something relatively mainstream, Imagine this is the Fortnight collab announcement.

No one's coping, I barely even watch Gura (or watched, I guess), calm down. I'm just guessing based on what seems more likely; that their #1 talent just isn't doing any work or that their #1 talent is being heavily involved in outside projects at the expense of her actual streams.

Or the 3rd option she is indeed doing project but also chooses not to stream whenever she is not working on projects even tho she could, like I don't wanna come across as a Gura hater but it's really weird she is the only one that doesn't seem to manage to balance project time with streaming time.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
At risk of derailing the thread further I'm going to throw out my personal unsubstantiated rrat:
gura has the same "disease" as chuck from BCS and is now allergic to the computer

God's Strongest Dragoon

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

This is what is colloquially known as "Not being a bitch".

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Or the 3rd option she is indeed doing project but also chooses not to stream whenever she is not working on projects even tho she could, like I don't wanna come across as a Gura hater but it's really weird she is the only one that doesn't seem to manage to balance project time with streaming time.
Honestly I think you're right on the money. Yeah she's probably less involved in things than, say, Pekora, but she probably doesn't have the energy to do all that AND stream. Not sure if I can even fault her for it or not. I can say she's going to need to make a choice sooner rather than later if she wants to do less of this stuff and more streaming, or if she wants to shift away from streaming...

On another note, I know some folks here hate Rackets, I don't, that's whatever, but the twitter thing today did remind me of one thing I think we both can agree on: he's got some absolute, Grade-A retards in his audience. God damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom