"You guys think I'm just a useless, single, 30-year-old woman, right? Just a tired, unmarried, thirtyish office lady who can't keep her room clean huh?"Houshou Marine

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Holy fuck, Nick is such a clown it's just embarrassing.
It's as if he perceives there are words there but the brain isn't actually reading them.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
It looks like the Nick Rekeita thread on the homeland's mostly gone back to the usual "vtuber fans are paedos listening to little girl voices" programming so I'm probably gonna tune out unless something else happens, but I just want to say I appreciate @AO Cody's attempt to reason with Nick about the ongoing Pippa/Camelot drama (archive). Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be receptive to it.
:Juna-WHY:
It hurts to read the level of bad faith and willful ignorance coming from Nick that post. It's a pretty well reasoned post and he's just going full dramashitter path. Goddammit.

No one's coping, I barely even watch Gura (or watched, I guess), calm down. I'm just guessing based on what seems more likely; that their #1 talent just isn't doing any work or that their #1 talent is being heavily involved in outside projects at the expense of her actual streams.

Or the 3rd option she is indeed doing project but also chooses not to stream whenever she is not working on projects even tho she could, like I don't wanna come across as a Gura hater but it's really weird she is the only one that doesn't seem to manage to balance project time with streaming time.

It seems like Cover are just using her as a mascot for Hololive rather than a streamer these days, and I guess it works since she's almost definitely helping sell a ton of concert tickets etc., but the longer this non-committal "new normal" shit goes on the more it's gonna rub people the wrong way. It feels like they're not really sure what to do about whatever her current situation is.
:Ame-SMELLTHEBULLSHIT:
If the Mascot case has some teeth, it's going to end poorly for them if they don't let her stream regularly sometime soon. People would rather their mascots actually DO something that appeals to the audience. Nobody wants a poster child for a franchise that doesn't actually do anything useful/entertaining. Either way, they need to fucking communicate first and foremost.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So I have completely gone for over a week do to a combination of health and family issues,.
NO, you’re not SICK or BUSY, you’re LAZY!

Wait, I think I missed the boat on that discussion already…
Edit:
I hope Vesper raids your oshi
Me too, I’d love a unicorn purge. My greatest fear is that IRyS’s first real male collab will be with a tranny in EN3.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

NO, you’re not SICK or BUSY, you’re LAZY!

Wait, I think I missed the boat on that discussion already…

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Calli's being very cagey about an upcoming announcement about a collaboration with something "everyone knows" and she's taking a break for a bit and doesn't want to be online when it gets announced. Said a tweet hinting about it will go out today, and the actual announcement the day after.

Why wouldn't she want to see the reaction? that's weird
Unless of course she is talking about the Twitter freaks then yeah that tracks

Pam and Machi had a Collab

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
It actually would be incredibly funny for any of the boys to raid someone like Gura. It’s such an innocuous thing to sane people but it would basically be 9/11 to the most parasocial Gura fans.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
RE Froot, eh she looks alright for a goth chick, I'd have to see her in person as those types either look way better or way worse as the camera don't do em justice.

Related hot boy action

Does this help you? Froot is obviously attractive, anyone who argues that is dumb, blind, or gay. If only she wasn't a a cheating cunt.
1688096291537.png
1688096392271.png
1688096447221.png

there is a reason why korean suicide rates are so high. They really tend to prioritize work over health.

I'm pretty sure multiple studies have show that cultural acceptance of suicide corelates to a much higher rate of suicide more than things like mental health, over work, wealth, or overall happiness. If your culture accepts suicide as okay thing, something that gets you sympathy or even respect, the you are much more likely to take your own life when given a reason to. If however your culture shames suicides, or even more powerful your religion says you will be punished for it, then people are far less likely to kill themselves when their life goes to crap. That's not to say things like stress, over work, and other factors don't contribute to it. Two countries with an acceptance of suicide but one has a culture that stresses everybody out guess which is gonna have a higher suicide rate.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
It actually would be incredibly funny for any of the boys to raid someone like Gura. It’s such an innocuous thing to sane people but it would basically be 9/11 to the most parasocial Gura fans.
Considering they wont even mention Gura's name out loud Raiding her might actually get them fired.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
If the Mascot case has some teeth, it's going to end poorly for them if they don't let her stream regularly sometime soon. People would rather their mascots actually DO something that appeals to the audience. Nobody wants a poster child for a franchise that doesn't actually do anything useful/entertaining. Either way, they need to fucking communicate first and foremost.
Why can't the combined autism-maximus of her fan base dox her or cover's info for the real answers by now?:guradumbl:

@superduper why is hime's 3d so fantastic and everyone else ranges from "okay I guess" to "Catastrophic event", is it just a different set up all together? It's really good.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
This will probably be my last comment on this topic as I don't want to derail this topic any further.

Food for thought, if being lazy is really the main reason why Gura hasn't been doing shit lately, do you think:
  1. her coworkers can still get along with her? Especially Kiara, who is probably one of the most hardworking talents, and yet still not half as popular as her.
  2. the top management (or investor) will be fine with it? I know some of you push the "she can make enough money for Cover even by doing nothing", but I don't think we have any data to prove that, and also as someone above has claimed, this will not last. Her birthday stream SC earning is actually much lower than I thought, it was even lower than Ame's birthday stream, and you know Ame has one of the lowest SC earnings in HoloEN. I have good reason to believe that her recent inactivity has lose her significant amount of gachi fans.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Considering they wont even mention Gura's name out loud Raiding her might actually get them fired.
Yeah, I think it was last Holofes when the boys were doing commentary over a tour of the venue that it came out that they weren't even allowed to say Gura's name.
I know someone of you pushes the "she can make enough money for Cover even by doing nothing", but I don't think we have any data to prove that
We quite literally have recent data to prove that with her birthday stream and how fast her merch sold.

Mehk

Sleepy dragon has started her stream:

Silly dragon has also started her stream:

Also boat girl has a drawing collab going on as well:

Last edited:

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
This will be my last comment on this topic as I don't want to derail this topic any further.

Food for thought, if being lazy is really the main reason why Gura hasn't been doing shit lately, do you think:
  1. her coworkers can still get along with her? Especially Kiara, who is probably one of the most hardworking talents, and yet still not half as popular as her.
  2. the top management (or investor) will be fine with it? I know someone of you pushes the "she can make enough money for Cover even by doing nothing", but I don't think we have any data to prove that, and also as someone above has claimed, this will not last. Her birthday stream SC earning is actually much lower than I thought, it was even lower than Ame's birthday stream, and you know Ame has one of the lowest SC earnings in HoloEN. I have good reason to believe that her recent inactivity has lose her significant amount gachi fans.
Lmao I was typing this exact message. fuck, clocked

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Vesper threatened to raid Gura a few months ago and she's been scared to go live since then.

We finally have our answer.

Does this help you? Froot is obviously attractive, anyone who argues that is dumb, blind, or gay. If only she wasn't a a cheating cunt.
View attachment 33397View attachment 33398View attachment 33399
Yeah, we're going into this knowing she's a bitch and that affects your perception, but most dudes who see her without that tainting their view would wanna hit. And it seems like a lot of them already have.

I'm sure I've seen Axel(iirc) acknowledge her when a video he was watching had a Gura cosplayer in it, but I don't have it to hand. It does feel like there's a very intentional divide between her and the Tempus crew otherwise though.

Why can't the combined autism-maximus of her fan base dox her or cover's info for the real answers by now?:guradumbl:

@superduper why is hime's 3d so fantastic and everyone else ranges from "okay I guess" to "Catastrophic event", is it just a different set up all together? It's really good.
The stylised look is probably what helps the movement not look too uncanny, but I'm really not a fan of the chibi look her and Lia's 3D models have. It's odd that the Phase girls' don't have reasonably consistent designs for their 3D, the radically different proportions will make the eventual 3D collabs look awkward.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
This is honestly the most annoying thing. By keeping her so busy with projects and such, they are removing her from connecting with and maintaining her fanbase in a simple and effective way - actually streaming with simple lets plays, zatsus, karaokes, etc like a proper vtuber and what made her famous. (Also, bringing in the $$$.) And her lack of willingness to communicate what is going on and keeping her from streaming, even if basic generic "health break" messages, is just making it worse.
The distance just keeps widening. How do you even keep her in mind if you don't even see hide nor hair of her on any kind of social media? All you have left is regurgitated clips and stuff like karaoke.
The other fucking day I just got that AI Gura cover of Cupid on my recommended and listening to it just made me realize how much I miss her karaokes where she's just having a blast singing what she wants and belting Disney out the ass.
It's not even her, Jesus fucking Christ.

Like..come on, we know you're in Japan, you're hanging out with all the girls and having a good time. It was great to hear you on Kiara's twitter space...but other than that, it's all just secondhand accounts of what's going on.

This shit just makes me really respect all the Haatons that're enduring their oshi's absence, but at least they know that she's on a long break for school and shit.

Man, I don't know. This entire post makes me feel like some a parasocial bundle of sticks. Probably best to treat her as if she doesn't exist until she decides on what she actually wants to do with her Hololive career.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Daily reminder that kindred are broken

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Yeah, I think it was last Holofes when the boys were doing commentary over a tour of the venue that it came out that they weren't even allowed to say Gura's name.
It's the opposite. He mentioned her name.

We quite literally have recent data to prove that with her birthday stream and how fast her merch sold.
Refer to my next sentence. Her birthday SCs is much lower than expected. Also, limited merch always sold out in seconds regardless of talent, this isn't a Gura-specific trait.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Wow, look at that, Gura being a lazy fuck talk brought Ayame back to life.

PekoWick

her coworkers can still get along with her? Especially Kiara, who is probably one of the most hardworking talents, and yet still not half as popular as her
Yes. Why not? Have you seen members shitting on aqua, ayame and shion for not streaming? No right?
the top management (or investor) will be fine with it? I know some of you push the "she can make enough money for Cover even by doing nothing", but I don't think we have any data to prove that, and also as someone above has claimed, this will not last. Her birthday stream SC earning is actually much lower than I thought, it was even lower than Ame's birthday stream, and you know Ame has one of the lowest SC earnings in HoloEN. I have good reason to believe that her recent inactivity has lose her significant amount gachi fans.
Yes. Look at aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom