Not open for further replies.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

I fucking hate with burning passion all these channels that put EN subtitles with such FUCKING obvious errors! I understand if clipper is ESL, but stuff like "Pick On" vs "Pick Up" is a fucking deal breaker - those are really far apart in meaning. And earlier "I am just ripped to shreds" vs "I am just ripped shreds", fucking gets on my nervs, even more than overused memes.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I fucking hate with burning passion all these channels that put EN subtitles with such FUCKING obvious errors! I understand if clipper is ESL, but stuff like "Pick On" vs "Pick Up" is a fucking deal breaker - those are really far apart in meaning. And earlier "I am just ripped to shreds" vs "I am just ripped shreds", fucking gets on my nervs, even more than overused memes.
They know it's wrong, it's meant to filter out the sane

Empty_Inbox

Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
They know it's wrong, it's meant to filter out the sane
What is the endgoal here? Slow decrease of the effort while catering to specific core audience, in hope to finally being able to post meaningless mess and still have it be monetized? Genius at work...

News from Selen, she was in Japan with Pomu!

Last edited:

Just A Plant

Lurkin
Early Adopter
Vesper members stream 10/16/2022:

Brief selected highlights:
  • Is there anyone in JP hololive/holostars that Vesper wants to be able to interact with? - Vesper can interact with anyone. He just doesn't because he's an introvert. "Our company is full of introverts. It's like 90% introvert."
  • Management is pretty hands off except regarding permissions and physical health.
  • Chat asks about A-chan. Vesper relents and will talk about A-chan just this one time. TLDR: He thinks A-chan and Sora's friendship is cool and wholesome, and he thought it was funny to hype up A-chan in a conversation where Axel was gushing about Nodoka.
  • Vesper talks about Tempus not wanting to get into any drama.
  • Vesper talks about preparing to apply for jobs while in college. TLDR: make friends with older students so they can help you get a job later.
  • Vesper talks about not sticking around in unfulfilling jobs.
  • Vesper talks about people deriving satisfaction from creating things.

Bolded highlights are mostly related to information about the workings of Hololive/Holostars or Vesper's mindset about his content.
  • Vesper audibly opens a can. "I'm sure you guys know what's coming next. First off, crack open the red bull...I'm just kidding, its a LaCroix."
    • Vesper thinks the fizz is 40% of the addictiveness of soda
  • A superchat mentions upgrading their PC with a 1070 and some RAM - "the 1070 is a workhorse card". If your monitor is only 1080, you don't need something more powerful. "It's like the combat shotgun in Doom."
  • Vesper's favorite part of twitch takeover was hanging out with Axel. Tempus doesn't do internal collabs with only 2 very often.
  • Is Vesper going to watch the holostars 2nd act concert? - He'll definitely watch it. He'll only stream a watchalong if he can find someone else to do it with. If he did it alone he wouldn't talk.
  • Vesper has been wondering what would happen if he gave up on having a sleep schedule like the rest of tempus.
  • What's vesper's solution to the trolley problem? Chat changes it to Axel vs 5 vesties - Vesper will save Axel.
  • What if it's 5 vesties vs Axel tied up while talking about his high-school love life? - Vesper talks about something being "just a bit" when he was on stream with RPR. [I assume during the stream with Vesper, Axel, and RPR they got onto the topic of Axel's past relationships and were making fun of him. I'll catch up on that stream eventually and edit in the context here.] Vesper talks about how it's not surprising for Axel to be popular because he's a positive and happy guy, and people like to be around people like that.
  • What's the next endurance stream? - Birthday xcom stream. Vesper thought about doing karaoke but he doesn't think he'll be ready in time.
  • Chat mentions that the original trolley problem is about action vs. inaction. - Vesper says he's "a big agency guy", and "not doing anything doesn't sit right". He'd take the action and own the decision.
  • Is there anyone in JP hololive/holostars that Vesper wants to be able to interact with? - Vesper can interact with anyone. He just doesn't because he's an introvert. "Our company is full of introverts. It's like 90% introvert."
    • Chat clarifies it as "want to as in you would like to" - "No, in fact the more I like someone the less I want to interact with them."
  • Vesper contemplates tallying up all the chats from his birthday stream on Feb 13th, using it to buy chocolate the next day on Valentines day, and then eating it on stream - "No, that's insane." "I would die" "I would probably vomit"
  • Management is pretty hands off except regarding permissions and physical health.They would probably shoot down a chocolate-eating stream.
    • They lightly tried to discourage Vesper's 24h stream. He told them he'd stop if started to feel really bad. Same with the hot sauce stream. "But that's my secret, Captain. I never back out.[...] They didn't know that was an empty promise."
      • "That's the secret, you just have to lie. [...] You offer them a sweet and beautiful lie that makes them think they have control but they don't.[...] Their only control over me is that I don't like making trouble for other people."
  • What's Vesper's favorite type of chocolate? - "American chocolate is ass." Vesper doesn't have an actual answer
    • Chat tells Vesper that swiss chocolate is the best. Vesper asks chat for brand suggestions.
  • Is Vesper the kinoko gang or takenoko gang? - Vesper likes the mushroom cookie
  • Is white chocolate real chocolate? - "white chocolate is chocolate in the same way that herbal tea is tea." You can call it chocolate or tea, but it's not actually chocolate/tea.
  • Vesper reveals that he didn't actually need the lacroix. He has a drink from the place he got food at. He just brought it to troll the viewers into thinking it was a redbull.
  • If you're doing cardio, 50% sports drink + 50% sparkling mineral water is good. Vesper thinks default gatorade is too sweet but if it's watered down with the sparkling water it's 10/10.
  • A chat mentions doing the same with beer. Vesper asks if the viewers know what a "radler" is.
    • Vesper muses about how to pronounce "radler". Chat suggests asking Kiara. Vesper says no.
    • Radler is 50% beer, 50% lemonade or some sort of fruit juice. Vesper likes it.
  • Did Vesper play MUDs besides Gemstone III? - No
  • What's Vesper's favorite dinosaur? - Ankylosaurus is up there.
    • Chat mentions velociraptor. - Vesper talks about how velociraptors were actually dog sized. Jurassic park made people think they were bigger. Chat calls it "Altare-sized".
  • Vesper wonders if his "ban that guy" jokes are a little too negative. He started them because Magni made a joke about telling MAGNATION to track down people who stopped watching the stream and kill them. Vesper didn't want to go that far, so he makes ban jokes instead.
  • Vesper talks about having to memorize names for every single hole in a dinosaur skull for a class.
    • Vesper took a single lower division class in paleontology because he likes dinosaurs
    • what's vesper's favorite and least favorite holes? - favorite = sub-orbital fenestrae. least favorite = Vesper forgot the name but he knows where it is on the skull.
  • Vesper asks the chat if he's still unhinged. "I'm trying not to curse anymore because I'm back on youtube."
    • Vesper thinks he has a style that people like. His normal style is more similar to his actual personality than the way he acted on twitch is, and he thinks he should keep his twitch style as an occasional thing because it's not what his fans have come to expect from him.
  • What's Vesper's favorite bird? - harpy eagle. "the Uchiha Sasuke of birds"
  • Chat asks about Vesper's crushes after Carmen Sandiego.
    • Vesper doesn't get lonely. "I can't remember a single time that I've ever been lonely."
    • Chat responds "that's depression, my dude". - Vesper: "I recently learned children can become depressed, so maybe"
  • Chat asks about A-chan [following from the carmen sandiego question]. Vesper relents and will talk about A-chan just this one time.
    • 1. Vesper likes the hard-working supporter type
      • Vesper thinks Hololive is the best vtuber company in the world. As a fan of holo who knows about its history, he knows that Sora and A-chan are friends.
      • Vesper likes the trope of the hardworking supporter type and thinks they deserve to be recognized and appreciated.
      • Vesper thinks the friendship between Sora and A-chan is cool and heartwarming because Sora appreciates A-chan
    • 2. Vesper thought it was funny to hype up A-chan in a conversation he was having with Axel where Axel was talking about Nodoka working hard to support everyone.
    • "It doesn't go any deeper than that."
  • "you should separate your work from your private life". Chances are things will end poorly and be very awkward or even worse
    • Chat: "AO3 in shambles" - Vesper: "That's fiction. Fiction is a great place where you can explore things you would never do in real life"
      • What's AO3? - Acronym for Archive of Our Own. "where upwards of 1 trillion weeb hours have been lost". Vesper has never been there. Never read a single fanfiction in his entire life. Certainly doesn't have an account there.
  • Vesper is a risk averse guy. Workplace relationships are not worth the risk.
  • "relationships are mid". They take so much time and energy and money.
    • Odds of being in a good relationship are low. Most are not great.
      • It's like AO3. Vesper has definitely never been on there, but he's heard the ratio of good to bad fanfics not good. (He'd put it at 0.1%).
      • Vesper will stick to his 2D world. "success rate in the 2D world is like 80%"
        • "Sometimes it's good and the writer turns it to shit." But even then you can turn to the fanfiction world (which vesper knows nothing about)
  • Vesper doesn't care about people shipping vtubers in their imaginations. It's wrong to try to force the vtuber to actually act out your ships though.
  • Vesper gets back to the crushes after Carmen Sandiego question. - Can't think of anything
  • How many hours did Vesper spend on AO3? - Zero.
    • Many Xs in chat.
  • Does Vesper have a favorite sport? - baseball, basketball, golf. Vesper isn't sure.
  • Does Vesper have advice for someone about to graduate college on applying to jobs? - Vesper can empathize with the stress. It's weird changing up your routine from studying to trying to find a job. It's tough to give advice because the advice Vesper has involves starting 2-3 years before graduation.
    • when you start taking upper division classes, you'll be in class with some people who are about to graduate. Make friends with them. When you're about to graduate, they'll probably be working in your field and you can ask them if they like their employer and if they have any job openings
    • the vast majority of new hires are referrals. it's rare to get in just by applying cold.
      • it's like nepotism. It's not a good situation because it gradually turns the workforce of every company to shit. Because eventually you let in a shitty person who will refer their shitty friends. The referral system relies on the assumption that all your employees are good and can evaluate who would be good hires.
      • Vesper thinks it takes talent to be a good recruiter/headhunter and effectively judge who will be good to hire.
      • HR gets a bad rap because it's typically bloated and not great, but you need good HR people if you want to consistently hire good people.
      • Nothing vesper says here is about hololive. It's about his past job experiences.
        • Vesper thinks he's talked to maybe 10 holo employees [presumably he's talking about the non-vtuber employees] total out of something like 500-600.
        • Has Vesper talked to Yagoo? - No. Vesper has met Yagoo on a group voice call but hasn't talked to him.
  • Vesper is happy with his current numbers and rate of growth.
    • growing too fast is scary. Vesper likes the current fanbase. If somehow tempus went viral and got a bunch more fans, the fanbase would change in unpredictable ways. The people who make the fanbase great might get turned off and leave.
    • it's better to grow slowly and curate the growth over time. like a bonsai tree.
    • gatekeeping is the opposite end of the continuum. It's also a problem.
    • example of okay type of gatekeeping: vesper is wary of asmr content. he doesn't want to do too much of it, partly because it could pull in a different type of fan than he currently has and potentially change his fanbase in unpredictable ways.
    • bad gatekeeping is trying to control an entertainer to only do the things you think are good. You should trust them to entertain you.
  • Who is the best girl in Yu Yu Hakusho and why is it Botan? - Vesper agrees.
  • Vesper and the other tempus guys don't want to get into any drama. Vesper thinks drama is unentertaining and trashy. "No drama. No bullshit. None of that, like, politics r-. [he was probably about to say "politics related"] None of that shit. It's just, we're here to entertain people" Vesper thinks tempus is just here to be funny. A bunch of little guys here to make the tempura laugh/cry/rage. Not here to teach anything or tell the audience how to live their lives.
  • a chat mentions "lick members streams". another chat clarifies that lick is slang for steal according to urban dictionary - In vesper's time "biting" or being a "biter" was slang for stealing content
  • A JP vestie sends a JP chat saying they're listening to Vesper at work and ask him if he can say something to help motivate them when they don't feel like doing their job. [Vesper runs it through a translator program to figure out what they're asking]
    • Vesper has a lot of experience with jobs he didn't like
    • if you don't like your job, your employer is probably not treating your right. You don't need to be loyal to them. Channel your dissatisfaction into finding new places to work. It's easier to find a job when you already have one. Other companies will see that as evidence you're good enough to do the work.
    • Vesper wishes he could convey his job talk in JP so the vestie could understand it.
  • is life counted as a job? - "your life is more than just what you do for a living"
    • "a human is an idea generating machine" If you make art you've created something new out of the ether. Vesper thinks creating new things is important. e.g. painting, writing, woodworking, etc. It's satisfying to look at something you made and say to yourself "I made that."
    • Vesper thinks the base reason most jobs are unfulfilling is because you aren't making something.
      • "oh no, I sound like an old man". Vesper doesn't like people who go on about how "this country use to make things", but there is a little bit of truth in it
      • the secret to finding a job that's fulfilling is finding a job where you make things. It's unsatisfying if you can't see the end result of your work.
      • vesper thinks being a chef is cool
      • a chat says they get no satisfaction from filing peoples taxes - Vesper talks about how you could think of it as helping people stay out of prison
      • a chat says they're an animator so they create things but it's so corporate it's miserable - Vesper: "companies do artists dirty"
      • some chats talk about the things they find enjoyment in or how their creative hobbies give them fulfillment
  • a game designer chat mentions how it's sad when their projects get canceled but it's great when people appreciate the work - Vesper agrees that cancelled things are heartbreaking
  • Does vesper value a physical creation above or below an abstract creation? - Vesper doesn't think there's a difference. He thinks it's a grass is greener situation.
  • A chat tells vesper to remember to talk to his accountant about writing off job-related purchases. - Vesper usually does his own taxes but starting from this coming year, he doesn't think he'll be able to file his own taxes. Even a generic accountant probably won't be able to. He needs to find someone with experience in entertainment.
  • one of Vespers dreams is to work and live in Japan for a few years.

Nice to see that Vesper doesn't want anything to do with telling his fans to EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Man, the guy has really been one of the best additions to the Hololive roster. Love that Boomer

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
What is the endgoal here? Slow decrease of the effort while catering to specific core audience, in hope to finally being able to post meaningless mess and still have it be monetized? Genius at work...
We are in the endgoal. The destruction of language and any meaning to words is part of paving the way for Newspeak. Double plus bellygood.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
We are in the endgoal. The destruction of language and any meaning to words is part of paving the way for Newspeak. Double plus bellygood.
why thee are correct, gentleman! it would be of utmost convinience for men to start conversing in more formal, right, and most importantly BRIISH way!

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

News from Selen, she was in Japan with Pomu!

Interesting, I wonder what where hey in Japan for? Scuttle back did mention he through they were in Japan but he believed it was for 3D stuff but they didn't do/announce anything in the end, I'm doubt all tree of them were there for a vacation and nothing else, specially since Selen just came back from NijiFest and then went back there almost immediately.

agility_

Early Adopter
why thee are correct, gentleman! it would be of utmost convinience for men to start conversing in more formal, right, and most importantly BRIISH way!
Although you may laugh, several countries throughout the world are taught English in the RP way. Complete with intonation and pitch, so you have ESL folks running around trying to sound like the fucking bbc announcers. Why isn't there an american countermovement to this is beyond me.

Empty_Inbox

Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Although you may laugh, several countries throughout the world are taught English in the RP way. Complete with intonation and pitch, so you have ESL folks running around trying to sound like the fucking bbc announcers. Why isn't there an american countermovement to this is beyond me.
Because it is English, not American :smugpipi:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I don't think it's several, it's most countries outside of the American continent and like Japan that teach the Bri*ish accent/spelling from what I've seen. All of the countries in my region definitely do, so you end up with dudes who sound like British Borat all over the place, and everyone who actually speaks English does so with an American accent because they taught themselves through exposure to burger media rather than learned it in school.

Just A Plant

Lurkin
Early Adopter
Not really related to anything but Kronii went on a little rant about her manager (maybe managers?) a while ago on an unarchived members stream and I thought it would be interesting to share.

agility_

Early Adopter
Just make Kaela her manager. That woman can multitask.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Not really related to anything but Kronii went on a little rant about her manager (maybe managers?) a while ago on an unarchived members stream and I thought it would be interesting to share.

This was from the stream after the Tempus collab incident and to be fair calling this a rant seems a little of a stretch she is throwing some shade at them but seems more like Kronii style of humor rather that genuine complaint.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Interesting, I wonder what where hey in Japan for? Scuttle back did mention he through they were in Japan but he believed it was for 3D stuff but they didn't do/announce anything in the end, I'm doubt all tree of them were there for a vacation and nothing else, specially since Selen just came back from NijiFest and then went back there almost immediately.
Who knows? Maybe it really was for prep of 3D stuff that we don't know until some time after, maybe it really was just vacations and we over-thinking things.

Just A Plant

Lurkin
Early Adopter
This was from the stream after the Tempus collab incident and to be fair calling this a rant seems a little of a stretch she is throwing some shade at them but seems more like Kronii style of humor rather that genuine complaint.
Oh I agree with you, just didn't know what else to call it, honestly.

Just make Kaela her manager. That woman can multitask.
She managed to stream for ~230h last month, she can take up a bit more work

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

I mean, Tempus cracks jokes like that all the time. Vesper especially likes to bully management. His whole schitck with wanting to stream at 10 AM is because he knew management wouldn't be awake. She didn't say anything scandalous here at all lol.

Also, someone needs to protect these boys. ID girls are too dangerous.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I've finally become a real clipper! You like meme's right? Then, check out these classic YabaiRyS moments from her first ASMR stream!
I'd never lead you guys astray.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I've finally become a real clipper! You like meme's right? Then, check out these classic YabaiRyS moments from her first ASMR stream!
Higher effort than 99% of the EN clippers out there, even if it is a shitpost.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I only have myself to blame for watching all of that and thinking something more would be coming after the On The Run sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom