"Hey Moona!!!"Usada Pekora

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
It's like the fact that Pomutori is actually happening has unleashed all of the autism limiters on online entertainers. Amouranth and Rooster Teeth imploding within hours of each other, in the most entertaining of ways.
Is pomutori our own version of The Merge?

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
It's like the fact that Pomutori is actually happening has unleashed all of the autism limiters on online entertainers. Amouranth and Rooster Teeth imploding within hours of each other, in the most entertaining of ways.

edit: As I write this, Comcast has pulled the plug on G4TV
Don't forget all of the CNN propaganda ministers being laid off daily at this point. Truly the world is healing.

Yes I know, do I need to put a smug Pippa everytime I'm joking? :smugpipi:
There are never enough Smugkins. :smugpipi:

But I just want to have a:
1665969112877.png

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
except he aint even that, as soon as pippa does something he doesnt like, hes discarding her while pissing and shitting himself for the universe has betrayed him again and his oshi turned out to be a whore, again. Happened to him with kson and almost happened with pippa at some point. While i did say people like henri like to yell about how pippa "saved" them, i didnt say they are actually changing at all, because they aint and never will.
Sounds like a proper Stan. I mean the character of "Stan" that created the term killed himself and his pregnant wife because his oshi didn't respond to his letter by driving off a bridge into the water during pouring ran, that kind of fragile obsession is still a proper descriptor. The only thing off is that Stan had a wife he killed, Henri does not. So really Stan is the better Henri in a way.
Life sucks
Just eat good food hee hee haa haa.
I think the best way to tackle this whole conundrum about finding your own meaning is to always be the best version of yourself. You see this kind of talk crop up a lot in eastern stories where the internal battle is about overcoming the self as opposed to fighting the external world at large. While I don't necessarily think I can follow those philosophies fully, because they're extremely idealized and are really hard to honestly achieve due to human emotions, they I do think have given me a nice perspective on how to look at yourself and they are nice ideals to think about.

We have inherent limitations in how much of a mark we can make, especially in this life we live where so many voices drown each other out so individual impact is so hard to make visible. I believe the best way to leave behind a legacy is to always be the best version of yourself and ask yourself what that means. Maybe I will not be as materially successful as my parents due to the changes in the world making such things harder, maybe I will not be immortalized like many famous people and icons in media/history/etc, and maybe my feeble mark on the world will fade like nothing after I die. But I like to believe the people I've met have lived better because of me overall. In some small way I choose to believe my life was an overall positive, and sometimes accepting that is enough for me.

To me if you can help one person improve in life, then your impact on the world at large matters. It is very humble and lacks glamour, but frankly if fame and success involves the type of autistic obsession and other shitshows that get brought out with e-celabs, actually celabs, politicians, or even our own chuubas where people dissect my every word and action to make rrats be it on here, the farms, twitter, or some tabloid garbage, then I'm not sure I want fame anyway. Who cares about 5 minutes of fame if you have to watch your back every single day for clout chasing fuckers trying to get something out of you, the sperg detectives to not take what you say wrong? It just feels like you paint a target on your back for the general public to find a way to tear you down. That type of shit just turns you into someone who isn't you out of necessity, which goes against the idea of being the best version of you, and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that for material gain.

I like to imagine that I followed my own life and I can say to myself that I lived my life my way, and with that I have lived good enough. Sometimes you have to just accept that good enough is good enough as long as you're being truly honest with yourself. So beyond the question of the what's in the afterlife, then I am content in that outcome. I am me, and that is all I feel I can ask of myself.

Not that I'm trying to dismiss you or tell you that you're wrong for feeling the way you feel. I just think that sometimes you need to look at what you are, what you have, and find contentment in that before you can improve yourself. Constantly making comparisons is just a drag and tends to muddy who you can be, you become a chimera of expectations that you put on yourself. You are not your father, you are you. If you're not doing something horribly wrong, then you should be able to on some level be okay with who you are and what you have.

Here is a song in return.

I hope whatever outcome you come to about your legacy and your life will make you content.

Welp that was a load of deep feels autism, let's see what Dingo Brian is doing.

Nice, very cool Dingo aniki.

Also someone turned some of the legendary talk about Axel's romcom high school life into a google form for some reason.

thirteenorphans

Do people act like this is going to open the floodgates and force all HoloEN to collab with NijiEN or something?
Same thing happened when Kiara collabed with Nyanners - people we're clamoring that "WE WON MR. STARK" and that it'll tear down the walls between Holo and VShojo and make all the Holofans and VShojofans buddy buddy
It's been 2 years since and they haven't even collabed recently, save for the occasional Mori talking about IronMouse.
Wake me up when this collab makes Vox and Gura collab with each other. Now THAT will break down the walls.
It's not that much more but Bae and Ironmouse and Magni and Ironmouse did happen. And some would argue Kson and Haachama but that's not an actual collab.

There'd probably be more collabs if the vast majority of the HLEN girls weren't so autistic about reaching out or even planning anything. Minecraft ID portal when?

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It takes on average 8 months for a collab between in-gen and in-house vchuubas, and you are worried about "floodgates" ?

lvl8

Rev has a video on Pippa

Also new Pippa short

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Currently watching Vesper's tweet-deciphering stream.
"Oh, say less. I love trains."
-Vesper Noir, Oct 13, 2022

1665971043089.png
1665971043931.png
1665971045498.png

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Rev has a video on Pippa

The tweet (a):
1665970950149.png Oh boy.
1665970966999.png
I can't be bothered to sift through a bunch of replies and QRTs but yeah, there are some people unreasonably pissed off over this.
1665971124660.png1665971059800.png1665971152298.png1665971162899.png1665971178558.png1665971200949.png
1665971263379.png1665971278206.png1665971291280.png
1665971944229.png
You guys get the gist.
I will concede, her spreading a headline without factchecking whatsoever is pretty dumb, but the people actually unironically pissed over this are even dumber.

Edit: lol (1) (2)
1665972766313.png1665973150010.png

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Do people act like this is going to open the floodgates and force all HoloEN to collab with NijiEN or something?
Same thing happened when Kiara collabed with Nyanners - people we're clamoring that "WE WON MR. STARK" and that it'll tear down the walls between Holo and VShojo and make all the Holofans and VShojofans buddy buddy
It's been 2 years since and they haven't even collabed recently, save for the occasional Mori talking about IronMouse.
Wake me up when this collab makes Vox and Gura collab with each other. Now THAT will break down the walls.
This reads like someone in denial.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Here's the vid that she responded to in case someone doesn't know context, it's a couple months old.

I fucking suck at Civ so she's doing much better than I could. I really need to get into it one day.

Civ 5 is pretty fucking easy on anything below prince difficulty, you literally just spam wonders and kill everything and the AI is so retarded it doesn't even try to stop you, after prince the AI just fucking cheats and gets bonuses to improve its chances. Even then you can still go uber aggressive and destroy them before they build every single wonder and place down 500 cities.
@Depressed Nousagi

based

Tear down that wall

Bunnyman gonna cum himself dry!
Honestly im glad that it's happening for chimkin's and fairy's sake and also to stop people fucking complaining and crying about it, but i do not think this is gonna destroy tribalism and make everyone dance around the cumjar and smoke from the peace pipe, there will probably be some of them who collab when they want and some others (GURA) will act like nijiYamanbas don't exist. Then some retards will collab beg so much and start rrats and fingerpointing about why (insert talent here) hates the other corpo and then cause drama and shit, so business as usual in the vtuberverse...

TL;DR: Happy for the lesbians but this isn't gonna change the world m8

RiverBear

This reads like someone in denial.
I'm a person who really doesn't care. I don't watch Kiara, so who ever she collabs with has no concern to me.
This has been in the works for years now, so it's been expected that they will collab at one point or one company will outright say that "No, we don't want to collab with the other company"
What I don't get is people from either side acting as if they won a proxy war, and that comparing this to the breaking of the Berlin Wall. Both companies HAVE been able to collab with each other, but somehow this "will be the start of Holo kneeling to Niji" or vice versa

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
The tweet (a):
View attachment 2815 Oh boy.
View attachment 2816
I can't be bothered to sift through a bunch of replies and QRTs but yeah, there are some people unreasonably pissed off over this.
You guys get the gist.
I will concede, her spreading a headline without factchecking whatsoever is pretty dumb, but the people actually unironically pissed over this are even dumber.

I agree with Tenma

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Kirschey is talking about the Amouranth situation on stream and she started crying because she thinks it's real and has experienced very similar situations with controlling relationships. She understands why people won't be sympathetic with Amouranth because she's done shitty things before and her content is bad, but still feels bad for her.
I'm not going to believe anything about this situation without some proof. It's rather easy for one person to be throwing around heinous accusations after a relationship breakup if they think they'll get something out of it, especially if we don't get to hear the other side of the story.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Well we got a waiting room for Pippas stream now.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
These decisions, have been ongoing FOR MONTHS. Not just with Selen and Alban but "many other livers. So keep your eyes open."
- Wanted Ollie to be her first Holo collab for a long time. (Likely to honor the canceled one from a year ago)
- Selen stresses Ollie WILL NOT be her last Holo collab, but offers no time frame either.
- She is choosing her words very carefully right now to avoid trouble.
- "Trying to think of my words very carefully right now but my brain is so fucked right now" (Laughing fit) "I'm streaming up in bed, like not even on a table, I'm literally like lying on my stomach in bed... I'm too tired I just want to be comfy." (laughing fit)
- "I can be scuffed in a member stream, so that's cool."
- "Look forward to... remember when I said in the past, 'look forward to more apex collabs with members I never played before' I'll say that again cuz it doesn't stop with Ollie. I just can't say anymore after that."
- Many things more are "in the works. Both parties agreed, but we're waiting for things to be '''official.''' "
- She's been keeping these things inside "for a while now."
From selens member zatsu above it seems like this is way more a damn breaking situation than Vshojo Selen says multiple livers pushed for this and hinted she plans on inviting multiple holos to apex collabs

edit: As I write this, Comcast has pulled the plug on G4TV
I didn't even know G4 was on TV again I thought it was strictly YouTube now

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
What I don't get is people from either side acting as if they won a proxy war, and that comparing this to the breaking of the Berlin Wall. Both companies HAVE been able to collab with each other, but somehow this "will be the start of Holo kneeling to Niji" or vice versa
I mean, yeah, that shit is stupid lol

I think, in general, there is way more interest in collabs between Niji and Holo than there ever was or would be with VShojo. Their fanbases would overlap far more and the talents actually interact on Twitter (especially ILUNA and Tempus) unlike with VShojo (save IronMouse).

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
I mean, yeah, that shit is stupid lol

I think, in general, there is way more interest in collabs between Niji and Holo than there ever was or would be with VShojo. Their fanbases would overlap far more and the talents actually interact on Twitter (especially ILUNA and Tempus) unlike with VShojo (save IronMouse).
That's the thing. People actually want Holo/Niji collabs. No one wants VS collabs. That's why this matters and why people are hyping it up.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

It's the fact that Pomu and Kiara wanted to collab for so long but some nebulous blockade was interfering. Whatever it was keeping it from going through has apparently been dealt with and swept aside, it's not about the idea of non-stop constant intercompany collaborations, but the fact that now they can if they want to.

That said, even though I'm kind of lukewarm on Alban from what I've seen of him to date, Regis and his collab was some top shelf shit and makes me look forward to the potential this could bring.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Huh, unless they joking then Pippers and Sleepy Project met up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom