"Sakana hates my tongue. Sakana HATE!"Kaminari Clara

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

No one cares about numbers until you have management breathing down your neck during performance reviews.

No one in Holo really acts like anything, regardless if something bothers them or not or is important to them or not unless it's related specifically to something holo and content related on the surface, you usually have to go to roommate accounts to get any actual insight. The most you'll get is someone touching on a subject that finally hits a final straw, e.g someone going on a break.

Hololive members definitely have had meetings over analytics, though they don't talk about them for a very different reason. Over there, realistically, it seems what Cover is more concerned about is positive RoI and channels not being sent to the shadowrealm by Youtube. Though Hololive also, very clearly, does 2nd year and on contracts that are on the terms the member is generally very comfortable with.

Cover is one to keep an eye on as a company in general. With how hard they stamp down on the "Japanese Business Culture" problems, I'm still regularly impressed with how much actual loyalty they've built with their members. Their biggest issues are still random Woman Moments, more than anything else. Though the one thing I think Cover needs to be a bit more mindful of is the backside workloads. They're getting fairly significant for almost everyone, and it's actually one of the reasons Coco quit. (The other was how bad of a singer she was; she really didn't want to be the "worst singer that shows up all the time" type.)

Browsing some /r/hololive (don't blame me, most of the rest of reddit I use is down due to the blackout) and was reading the thread about Ina's rant. While reading, some were talking about similar issues with Kronii and her fans horniposting/chatting.

From here. [sic]
"Interestingly Kronii has said stuff.on her membership that contradicts that will change the way that people threat kronies here, but i still find it weird why she hasn't it publicly."
"The only thing i will say is that whatever your conception of how you believe Kronii sees her fans and how you belive she interacts with them and wants the fants to interact within themselves is probably wrong, i'm not gonna give details because it's still a member only stream."
"Yes i undertandf that but what she said on that stream was so importnat that i stil findit weird nothing of what was said has become public, i can undertand some of what was said to keep it between the memebers, but on think in partircular that she said believe that will change stuff for the better if it became public, but it's her decision to keep it private si lets keep it that way."

Never really liked Kronii - the character design/massive boobs, deep voice, and narcissistic personality (mostly acted I'm sure but still annoying) always turned me off, and the fanbase being down bad for said attributes kind of sealed it for me. I always assumed she put up with the fanbase because that's kind of her job and they dump money into her bank account, but this made me wonder what this means. She actually secretly loves the attention, sexual or otherwise, or just has such menhara problems that she has a reverse-parasocial relationship with chat? Any Kronies here that can comment on this "super secret" member only stream?

Kronii seems to stamp down on Unicorns pretty hard, but she also swings back & forth about the attention. She's got some pretty hefty parasocial action going in both directions, but it's infused with her own melancholy issues. Parasocial ennui?

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Kilia live with karaoke.

edit: Kilia raided Elia after I only did the prologue last time? NOW we play the real game【 The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe】:sanasmile:

Here's a copy of Bae's Unarchived Karaoke Stream
≪Unarchived Karaoke≫ Summer-themed Karaoke!-cn1_Y1v5EKc.jpg
Mega Link - Hakos Baelz - ≪Unarchived Karaoke≫ Summer-themed Karaoke!
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Oh good, watching a retard try to understand something as obtuse as AD&D2 without reading anything. I find it fucking weird though I was thinking of launching BG1E earlier out of nostalgia with no idea this stream was going to happen. Never watched Lumi before since I think Phase Connect is largely too retarded for me to enjoy.
Girls the Cutest.jpg

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Browsing some /r/hololive (don't blame me, most of the rest of reddit I use is down due to the blackout) and was reading the thread about Ina's rant. While reading, some were talking about similar issues with Kronii and her fans horniposting/chatting.

From here. [sic]
"Interestingly Kronii has said stuff.on her membership that contradicts that will change the way that people threat kronies here, but i still find it weird why she hasn't it publicly."
"The only thing i will say is that whatever your conception of how you believe Kronii sees her fans and how you belive she interacts with them and wants the fants to interact within themselves is probably wrong, i'm not gonna give details because it's still a member only stream."
"Yes i undertandf that but what she said on that stream was so importnat that i stil findit weird nothing of what was said has become public, i can undertand some of what was said to keep it between the memebers, but on think in partircular that she said believe that will change stuff for the better if it became public, but it's her decision to keep it private si lets keep it that way."

Never really liked Kronii - the character design/massive boobs, deep voice, and narcissistic personality (mostly acted I'm sure but still annoying) always turned me off, and the fanbase being down bad for said attributes kind of sealed it for me. I always assumed she put up with the fanbase because that's kind of her job and they dump money into her bank account, but this made me wonder what this means. She actually secretly loves the attention, sexual or otherwise, or just has such menhara problems that she has a reverse-parasocial relationship with chat? Any Kronies here that can comment on this "super secret" member only stream?
I can't remember if she did, but it wouldn't surprise me. Kronii in members is a completely different vibe. She drops the character far more in her members steams and is more "herself" so to speak. She talk a lot more about what's on her mind or her day to day life there.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Lisa tooth update.

I like lisa and what im gonna say will be ruthless but I think is necessary.
Learn to pick better friends you fucking retard

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Bugtimehellyeah.PNG

Looks like bugs are back on the menu :menhera:She's was gonna do a bug eating review stream at 30K

WeTawks

Why am I fucking cursed to find killer singers that stick to their cutesy voice!!!
They know that we know that they're voice acting so why bother gimping themselves when actually singing which is something many vTuber fans enjoy. I wanna hear good singing without the restraints and I assume it's straining keeping up that voice for hours on end and add singing on top it's probably what's happening to poor Uruka who has been beglared by her vocal cords giving out seemingly since debut with her lasting coughing fit. But it's probably not to reveal their real selves as if they're fucking super heroes so some dumb shit but I find it retarded.

shes annoying and not funny, like amy schumer.
Are vTubers ever truly funny? It seems mostly just saying or experiencing the outlandish or general naivete from a cute, female voiced anime character. An example would be Bae's disappointing excursion into that penis game. The humor mostly revolved around her seeing "Oh my god she's disgusted by seeing penises! Hilarious!" That's it? What was the controversy again? Granted, I didn't watched the stream but that was from the clips I've seen so it could just on the clippers who just want to only present that part of the stream without the actual the humor. A person with an actual sense of humor would have had a thousand penis jokes lined up like "way to stick it to that guy" or "wow, what a dick!" or a throwback reference to the twenty year old Dave Chappelle show skit involving Lil Jon or something I don't know how to be funny but I know what I find funny and maybe that isn't compatible with vTuber humor.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Around the time of Anime Expo in LA or whatever it's called. Last Summer when Kronii went there and posted beach pictures on her alt. There were member streams around that time or just after where she did express frustration with hornyposting and that kinda stuff.

She hasn't really brought it up since. I think she gave up. Now she just kinda makes fun of chat and looks down on us lol. As seen here from her recent playthrough of the CouncilRyS RPG.

It's also been pointed out plenty how often she hides her boobers or at least the boob window, by placing her model at a certain height so her stream layout cuts off her chest and below. And her alt outfits cover a lot more too.

Idk. She probably does think the horny lads are disgusting and disappointing humans. Can't really blame her either. People are fucking stupid and lack decency. I always thought people who can't just shut the fuck up and enjoy something were weird. You don't have to let everyone know your little pp is hard you know?

But it feels like she's just largely given up on trying to police it lately. Probably for the best. The unfolding "plap plap" bullshit with Ina right now is what happens when you try...

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Are Tubers ever truly funny? It seems mostly just saying or experiencing the outlandish or general naivete from a cute, female voiced anime character. An example would be Bae's disappointing excursion into that penis game. The humor mostly revolved around her seeing "Oh my god she's disgusted by seeing penises! Hilarious!" That's it? What was the controversy? Granted, I didn't actually watched the stream but that was from the clips I've seen so it could just on the clippers who just want to only present that part of the stream without the actual the humor. A person with an actual sense of humor would have had a thousand penis jokes lined up like "way to stick it to that guy" or "wow, what a dick!" or a throwback reference to the twenty year old Dave Chappelle show skit involving Lil Jon or something I don't know how to be funny but I know what I find funny and maybe that isn't compatible with vTuber humor.
Have you ever considered that maybe you might not belong here? And I'm not just referring to this forum...

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Are vTubers ever truly funny? It seems mostly just saying or experiencing the outlandish or general naivete from a cute, female voiced anime character. An example would be Bae's disappointing excursion into that penis game. The humor mostly revolved around her seeing "Oh my god she's disgusted by seeing penises! Hilarious!" That's it? What was the controversy again? Granted, I didn't watched the stream but that was from the clips I've seen so it could just on the clippers who just want to only present that part of the stream without the actual the humor. A person with an actual sense of humor would have had a thousand penis jokes lined up like "way to stick it to that guy" or "wow, what a dick!" or a throwback reference to the twenty year old Dave Chappelle show skit involving Lil Jon or something I don't know how to be funny but I know what I find funny and maybe that isn't compatible with vTuber humor.
I think Gura is genuinely good at being funny, which is a big reason for her standout success. She can make silence itself into a joke.

Grandmaster Robin

Any idea why she is rebranding? Any past drama or does she just want a fresh start
She's mentioned on stream that she never wanted the Cherry Pie name but her friends pushed her to just keep it as her Vtuber name. Now that her new model is coming she wants to use the name she originally wanted.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I just found this gem wtf im speechless she is fucking great. Png tuber looks like

She's mentioned on stream that she never wanted the Cherry Pie name but her friends pushed her to just keep it as her Vtuber name. Now that her new model is coming she wants to use the name she originally wanted.
Well thanks she is streaming on youtube which is a big + so im gonna do my best to not forget and watch her debut

Speech To Text

I'd say in general they aren't. Most people probably aren't watching vtubers to laugh and I'd say most vtubers won't make funny jokes because theres no need to. For the Bae example, why put effort into thinking up something funny when you can just act surprised at lewd things and your chat will eat it up? The same goes for the ones that just act surprised at lewd things, argue with chat over every little thing, or go "oh my god" and sit there with a shocked expression on their model for like 5+ seconds. 90% of the time its not funny and it feels like most people laughing at it in chat are just doing it because they have a crush on the streamer.

tldr:
women aren't funny

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
If I make nijisanji funny videos, and by some action of miracle my channel reaches 99,999 subscribers, are they also going to withhold my silver play button?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Not vtuber related. But it has happened a lot in the last few months within the vtuber sphere. The doc has 52 pages so get ready for a good read if you wanna go thru it.

Here is the direct link https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4359608

Im still at the beginning so i dont have much input on it atm.

Edit : @The Proctor i didnt really know where to post it so feel free to move it if you feel like it belongs on another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom