"If you want to be safe all the time, the internet is probably not the best place for you"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrp

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Might be late to this, but after watching Mumei's hologra..

These fuckers were in it for the long con, weren't they? Jesus fuck, I kneel.
2yncmvwcunpa1.png

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
BaeRyS fans have to make a final choice tonight.....

I think Bae's brain has broken after 44 songs. She just keeps saying Summer over and over again

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Reddit's API changes coming on June 30th which will kill a lot of bots plus any third party apps (like Redditisfun and Apollo). A bunch of subs are going private for two whole days(!) to protest it.
Someone made a tracker which you can watch here: https://reddark.untone.uk

Personally, I think two days instead of indefinite is worthless. I'm banned from r/virtualyoutubers anyhow so whatever.
I'm curious to see if Reddit pulls a Fark.. or maybe it was Digg. I remember one or maybe both websites died cus of many reasons one of them was a disastrous redesign that drove all the users away.

Default Reddit is kinda the same.. it's only easily usable through third party apps, browser addons like RES, or "classic" mode by opting out of the redesign (old.reddit.com). My understanding is that the API changes should only affect third party apps, but based on the direction Reddit is going.. classic mode reddit will be going down next which might take down the addons. I.. can't stand the redesign.

edit:

Added fishing.. now Sims/Valley?

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
The ex-Tsunderia girls loved her. Hell, she even brought one (Ember) with her to Phase.
Meru commented during a Twitcast she was glad to see Dizzy back. Meru also got a DM from a "hidden viewer" right after she said that (possibly Dizzy?).
I'm pretty sure most of her burn out came from dealing with the CEO and other management. Dizzy (as Urara) said she'd often get contradicted on decisions (such as if the Tsunderia logo was required to be on screen for streams or not) and anything she tried to push forward would often get blocked in some way.
Its a shame.

Sayu is a bit of a hoarder. She's doing a member stream room tour of sorts. Its full of shit everywhere.

1686547505576.png

seenister

Pippa's gonna say they taste like shit.
This will just end up dudes lining up for Pippa-kaze just like her coffee. It's weird how reverse psychology marketing works nowadays.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I'm pretty sure most of her burn out came from dealing with the CEO and other management. Dizzy (as Urara) said she'd often get contradicted on decisions (such as if the Tsunderia logo was required to be on screen for streams or not) and anything she tried to push forward would often get blocked in some way.
The always-on-call 3-5 hrs/night of sleep schedule she described sounded miserable.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
edit:

Added fishing.. now Sims/Valley?

Oh boy, I wonder if I'll ever see my name on an NPC! ...I think I filled out that google form, but now I can't remember.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
they are apperently still in the design phase of the KFC gaming console which will apparently also cook your chicken while you play (yeah that sounds safe)
So a gaming laptop

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
@BunhongTokki decided to go completely overboard today and post 5 translated Korean clips, each being different members of Phase Connect. Shoutout to this man for he is dedicated!
Shiina talks about being Pekora's little sister + censored Pekora copypasta:

Dizzy shows chat how she can wiggle her bumps:

Pon Wolf calls herself a dog due to Freudian slip:

Uruka says she's "flat":

And last but certainly not least, best brat Wemi struggles to comprehend a trick question about weight:

Omega based! Make sure to like and sub!

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
She explained in the pinned tweet, she wants to go for a more traditional music show than a live:
View attachment 29944
View attachment 29945

The commercials and pre-performance interview segments all give off that feel too. Lui put a lot of thought into this for sure.
Just catching up after work, and your description reminds me of Marine's 3rd anniversary concert, done in a 80s/90s VHS style, and was absolute peak hagdom and one of my favourite streams. Looking forward to this one too.

[Edit[ Well worth the watch

Last edited:

Short

God Damn the Sun
Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Short

God Damn the Sun
Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Bare hands are winning.

amoriyazen.png
This korean zoomer has been fidgeting with her cake for hours now

She really has some great sound effects

Honestly she's a fucking gem. I wonder how Pippa found her.
Pippa thought she was a fucking rat and raided her.
@Short is too fucking fast.

Also, I don't know why but Choco got 10k + members on her "morning stream" that went for 10+ hours

I'm not complaining

I kind of get it, she ditched the first idol group she joined before their success, went to progressively worse idol groups, then in covid times had about 100 viewers as an irl streamer, moved to Kawaii when they were small and left before the small corpo scene grew, returned to half as many viewers as a vtuber indie, then half again in this JP corpo. But god damn is she the biggest waste of talent in the entire vtuber sphere. I've said she's big corpo level talent before, but these days I really wonder where her head is at.

Yes, Hana Flores, then Morino Peari, then Beryl LeRou
Yo, what? Girl is impatient at the very least. I kinda feel bad for the corpos now instead. She was a face streamer too?
View attachment 29604

Welcome fellow britpilled comrade
View attachment 29605
Watch out for Nolan, don't be too autustic and you'll be fine.

Omocat debut happening now. Great model, good rigging, immediately gives off chill and mature vines. I might have to start using twitch more.
View attachment 29606
View attachment 29607
View attachment 29608

I know it's not shibari but still kinky.
You are right that if someone would have talked about it, its Kiara. She didnt share any details, but from reading a bit between the lines, I think they do indeed splice together parts of the dance. Like they will dance Part 1 of a song repeatedly until they have the perfect shot, then go on to Part 2 and so on. But also Kiara, if possible and if she feels confident with the choreography (stamina wise, she is incredibly frail after all) she does Dances in a single take.
IIRC she did that with the dance part with Subaru in her 3D debut, Subaru, the allways popular, busy and diligent duck she is, only had a very litte time to do the recording with Kiara so they only did a few practice rounds and then recorded it in one go:kiarahalloween:

I

:youlittleshit: my streamers are lesbians who love each other very much and engage in kissy kissy activities

What clips were they? I didnt see any of these recently, I didnt know Gen 6 was on the back burner for that long

Kiara talked about this. She worries that Hololive wont be for long, even though I think she would be one of the last ones to quit it, its quite perfect as a career for her. I totally see her doing Hololive well into her Hag years, if Hololive itself is around for that long.
Anyways, she mentioned getting a few friends and her brothers help and basically did as they told her, but she did invest a bit into some stonks. Also into crypto lmao (well she has enough money, its alright). She also mentioned that once she is able to, she wants to become professional leech and harpy who prays on a basic human need to make a living (a Landlord), she wants to buy property in Austria and rent it out while she herself gets to retreat in a lakeside House with a bunch of Cats (thats her dream)

Sora will forever be 21 for me
Idk what the facts say, the story of a recently graduated highschooler walking up to yagoo with her friend A-chan and asking him to help her realize her dream of being an Idol is so much more compelling
Also, didnt A-chan have her first drinking stream (aka celebrating age 20) just a few months back?

Kiara is already trying her best

Kiara confirmed that it wasnt her dancing there. I would also just assume anytime Kiara shows up somewhere its her unless stated otherwise. She considers dancing her strongest skill, so she tries to show it off at as many opportunities as she gets

Why isn't Holotori an official group yet, like UmiSea? Cover is absolutely squandering a lot of potential there. Absolutely wasted to not support them more. Holotori is everything Umisea is but better. An actual cross-branch group that has a lot of chemistry and formed itself pretty much organically. None of the management mandated shit, just girls who realized they have a common motif, therefore had a reason to interact and became a group on their own.

They have two top tier dancers with Kiara and Subaru, two Idol-fags with Lui and Kiara and also 2 quite powerful singers with Reine and Mumei. This group is very well balanced in terms of dancing and singing power. Much better than Umisea as well.
It is quite the perfect Idol line-up.
Kiara and Lui even commented on that a while ago during a collab.

Also for collab purposes, they are some of the best around. Reine and Kiara speak practically fluent JP and Lui and Subaru are among the best in JP at Eigo, so they can do collabs both ways to accomodate both audiences. Mumei is a bit of the exception here, but thanks to the high skill of all the others, she should have no trouble following along because anyone can jump in and translate for her. Also she has some basic Nihongo skill, so as long as it isnt anything complicated, she can follow along.
For more Holotori shilling, here a reminder that their, sadly, so far only full collab, was great.

And if we Subtract Mumei and Lui from Holotori, you get Turducken, which I consider to be the core of the group really. And there too, we find some insanely good combinations.
To this day, this is one of my all-time favorite collabs:

Just to shill more Holotori:

So I got distracted writing the replies and in the meantime Holobirds on stage became real and comfirmed

Im looking forward to it

saw this and I just thought, thats kinda ironic and rich coming from the person who forcefully makes all of council gay for pure selfgratification

Came across this and thought its really cute
You have a cute oshi @La+ de Central Norte

look at them, thats why off-collabs are such peak content

HoloStars management keeps being based:whatastory:

Any Ollie members here? Did she go somewhere? Or what is the context of that art

Finally, there seems to have been a bit of ex-Sana drama

Subaru is fucking busy and Mumei + Reine have shit numbers. I want Holotori too but beyond Kiara and Reine they don't mesh although Lui gets along with everyone. I fucking love Lui.
If it ever happens we will have to wait because lead out time for these groups is large and unlike the JP groups they don't stream together.
Idol covers peaked with this. Sasuga AZKi.

I will endure this twink femboy's voice for Rin's sake :gunpeko:

All this group talk reminded me of an interesting clip I saw a while ago. AyaFubuMi was one of Holo's first "official" units and while they had a ton of activity, songs and concert appearances for most of early 2022, they basically had nothing after that. Mio and Fubuki got busy with other stuff while Ayame stopped streaming as usual. About a month ago, they got together to discuss what they can do to keep going as a group.

They talked about doing monthly streams, going on trips every so often and eventually doing their own concert. For the concert to happen though, they said they would need to start doing more stuff together and build up enough of a fanbase for management to consider it. I'd say that AyaFubuMi is a fairly popular group that has done a lot compared to Holo's other "official" groups:
  • Aqua, Subaru and Nene as NEGI U barely exist outside of random merch promotions
  • UMISEA is basically JP only now
  • I doubt anyone even remembers that Kanata and Towa formed ORIO over a year ago.

Funny enough about 2 weeks after that stream, Holo announced that AyaFubuMi would be doing Holoearth's 2nd ever concert, but with Miko added to the group. Going to assume Miko's addition was management's idea but who knows.

So in terms of what "official" groups get vs non-official, I think it's mainly just more chances for concerts, collab merch (like the sushi thing NEGI U was doing recently) and original songs. The groups I listed above all have at least 2 original songs, a collab with some food brand or company for merch and have appeared at minimum 1 live together. But it's still up to the members to actually get together and do stuff.

Shiraken feels like its own thing and is full of very proactive members. They obviously need Cover's approval to make it happen but the money for the merch and animations seems to be from the members themselves. Cover doesn't really advertise Shiraken stuff either which is why the group made its own twitter account. They also don't have any original songs as of yet but they did sing together at 4th fes. And at the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped one soon.

It's obvious when you think about it but ultimately I think all groups, official or not, just have to be more proactive in being together in order to get fans' eyes on them and thus management's approval for songs/merch/concerts. That's what AyaFubuMi discussed and what Shiraken and Bakatare are doing correctly. That's also why Holotori is always going to be a struggle, as much as I'd love for the group to do more. After Lui's concert tomorrow, I don't expect to see any Holotori activity until another member decides to get together for a birthday or anniversary.

Mio and Fubu are just busy. Mio is always setting up large collabs and I can't imagine the work behind the scenes to wrangle everyone and Fubuki has plenty of projects like her radio show and collabing with everyone. Shiraken is Flare's project and she almost never shows up outside of her lane. It's kinda like Watame's "Have a Nice Day" project and the "Legend of Polka" project. StartEnd and MiComet are outliers but with girls like Koyori and Lui along with the resurgence of the Gen 0-2 we might see new and interesting groups. For Ayame, Chaama and Shion I am just happy they aren't graduating.

Personally, Holo-blondes and Holo-gaki (Kobo, La+, Shion, and two others would be great) are groups that would sell well.
Meanwhile, the chad Nenechi is over here having no problem with someone having other oshis as long as she's the main.

:nenebased:

Seriously, I thought the "watching other girls"/cheating thing was supposed to be a joke...I guess any joke is bound to get some people to take it serious...

Nene is a little strange and also she is making plenty of money. I wonder how many talents overly rely on whales...
Found this in my recommendations a few minutes ago. Had to do a double take for obvious reasons.

Squatters rights because Gura doesn't stream.
Dizzy won a cosplay contest once, started saying what she cosplayed as and stopped part way realizing that its a prime base for finding her name.

Voice care should really be taught to not just vtubers but anyone doing near daily voice content in general.
Vocal cords are something very easy to damage and by the time symptoms show up the person is already at risk of cumulative permanent damage.
She should collab with some voice actors. I bet Ophelia would teach her how to warm up. Didn't she stop going to school? She should have more time to take care of herself.
The Westin Cleveland Downtown, 777 St Clair Ave NE, Cleveland, OH 44114
View attachment 29848
Hahah, calling lake Erie a lake is technically true but it's comically underselling it. Also, glad she lives far away but why Cleveland?
Now I'm trying to decide if her non-traditional model is a deterrent for weirdos or if it just concentrates and refines the level of weirdness she attracts.
Hmmm, you are pretty weird soo...

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
30032-34b6a72f0c92d44063dd3b4bf2c3e50f.jpg

Thought this was funny. :smugpipi:
Didn't have a line about doing a heel turn on the CEO and getting fired from the company, 6/10 comparison.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
At least she's not saying super duper. :smugpipi:
I haven't even touched the Jap PC streamers chats okay. Not that I'll ever be able to now...
View attachment 29983
Point and laugh at this femboy.
I wrote this.
hold up is ember's real name amber? come on she can't be that retarded, I do sometimes call her amber though :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Rie's name is Rielle so it's clearly not uncommon for vtubers to be this retarded when making a stage name.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I haven't even touched the Jap PC streamers chats okay. Not that I'll ever be able to now...

I wrote this.

Rie's name is Rielle so it's clearly not uncommon for vtubers to be this retarded when making a stage name.
Im so close to anti her out of principle.
WHY?!! RIE YOU STUPID BITCH :vesperfacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom