General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I dunno man, stuff like Shadow of Mordor/War, War For The Ring, or the Third Age lmao are absolute, 100% pants-on-head retarded, lore rape of the highest order, but people (including me) still like those games because they're fun games. There's nothing redeemable about RoP, it's generally just badly written, acted and even badly shot, which you can notice even if you don't give a shit about Tolkien's work. I just can't figure out what there is to like.
Huh, now that i backread my comment did come off as very "lore purist" which im not, i consider the original trilogy some of the best film adaptations to date, i have never played the shadow games but i have heard that they are very good so i don't hate them either. As you said, a lot of lotr adaptations are really shitty in the sticking-to-the-lore department, but i think what makes it different from ROP is that they at least seem to care, or just to want to make something good because they love the source.
ROP is a soul-less cash grab in the same vein as wheel of time and the witcher show, some suits in a boardroom wanted more money so they just purchased a beloved property so they could milk it for all its worth and they have tried to insert themselves into the canon of one of the greatest fictional worlds of all time like some sort of parasite.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Confirmed fat irl?

Edit: Seriously though: was she talking in the context of vtubers, or of the site as a whole? I think there’s a huge difference between doxing someone like The Horned Rat vs. doxing pippa. And even then there are vastly different levels of ‘doxing’.

As far as vtubers are concerned, just knowing past life/alternate accounts and general region where they live (like which state, not like home address) is plenty, and in most cases a good thing because it allows you to find more of their content and keep up with them if they graduate or anything. Sure antis will use the info for their bad purposes, but I’m willing to bet that Yuni gained way more fans than antis because of Pippa, so the positives outweigh the negatives.

Heck, look at those twincest sisters who are graduating; without that dox, no one would be able to find them again, but because of it they have a head start in whatever they decide to do next, assuming they want to keep making content.

So: degenerate freaks doing illegal things to children, heavy dox good, for the benefit of society as a whole and protection of those around them and legal action (haha yeah right). Vtubers, light dox good, to keep up with their content.
I didn't completely agree with her, but she said to not be hypocritical and stick to her principles, she doesn't support doxxing even if it's a bad person like some pedo. Other people in chat were mentioning this and how info is mostly taken from shit like social media posts, but she said if someone post personal stuff on their twitter account, sharing that doesn't count as doxxing, just shit opsec.

I think she is saying that if you have to do some work to look it up, it's doxxing. And if it's personal info like address, phone number etc., it shouldn't be shared and is considered doxxing.

I don't entirely agree with her on this but I still really like her. She can have a discussion like this with chat without her or chat getting too hostile. She still has "based" opinions on things as well.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Lia doesn't know about Tweety and Shiina is losing her mind over it.

The funniest part is it's very anime with how the boomer's model looks younger than the zoomer's.

And now I feel Shiina's pain with how little Lia knows about stuff, as well as how zoomer culture makes no sense.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Tardbud-exif-remove.jpeg
Retard spotted in the wild of Gura's supas.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
And now Lia and Shiina are talking about kids making Napalm and Mustard Gas, and all II can think of is this moment where Tim Pool got buck broken live on air:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Moonjelly is graduating.

I actually really like her music and arrangements. Seems like she'll keep doing that, I hope she gets more and more known for it, because on quality alone there's something there.

thirteenorphans

Why the fuck can't Hololive talents collab whenever they want? Pretty sure the Nijibros can do it whenever, or at minimum have far more relaxed rules about it. I'm trying to fathom the retarded autistic logic behind these restrictions, but my eyes are just not slanted enough to see this realm of reality.
They can collab whenever they want, it's just a matter of availability. Azki I'm fairly sure is an OL in some capacity despite her success as her roommate and in HL. She probably has a strict schedule to follow so she can juggle parts of her life. Irys has no noticeable life outside of weeb shit and Irys-related activities so can ignore her impact on scheduling.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So Kirsche ended up just tangenting the entire stream but we got to know her stances on doxxing and religion. Hopefully this stays up long enough for someone to archive.

Edit: Tomorrow she's talking about sex cults.
Oh geez, do I even want to know? Is it ‘Reddit r/atheism’ tier hot takes? All y’all girls need Jesus unironically.

Also depending on how deep into ‘sex cult talking’ she gets, she may end up committing suicide by hanging with 3 bullets to the back of the head…interesting subject though cuz that stuff gets crazy.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Oh geez, do I even want to know? Is it ‘Reddit r/atheism’ tier hot takes? All y’all girls need Jesus unironically.
Qrd, she grew up catholic and got confirmed by the church but now is agnostic but would still get a catholic wedding as she believes certain traditions should be upheld.

Mehk

Not-a-Fox Nia of PRISM and Robot Angel song for the continuation of the Bleach OP.

This one sounded pretty good.

Moonjelly is graduating.
Kind of sucks she isn't going to be streaming, but the fact she's leaving the VODS up while still going to be attempting to make music is good to hear. I really enjoyed listening to her sing.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Fishman feeling guilty, or just afraid for his shekels, for how he treated Pippa bought her an apology gift of a microphone with an animated bird prisoner in it:
1665796221144.png

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Fishman feeling guilty, or just afraid for his shekels, for how he treated Pippa bought her an apology gift of a microphone with an animated bird prisoner in it:
View attachment 2695
He's just afraid and using this as a paltry incentive. He doesn't want his golden goose to leave. Chinks don't feel, anyway.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
View attachment 2695
Cute microphone, he's still getting the frying pan.

lvl8

View attachment 2695
It's nice to hear her laughing again. She seems down and just forcing herself during the chess stream.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
It's just so laughably transparent what Amazon is trying to do with RoP. They want a Game of Thrones. Problem is lord of the rings has decades of writing from Tolkien and some seriously hardcore fans. The writers they hired I think in one interview admitted they know very little about Tolkien's work.

So when they insert modern political nonsense into the show it's extremely jarring. Amazon is just bad at creating entertainment products as they probably make them by committee, for the lowest common denominator to make them mass marketable.

Maybe less by committee and more just straight up incompetence and having no sense for the production of the media they're trying to create. I'm sure it can be found with a quick google, but in the process of putting together the developer team for New World they put a man in the project lead position, i.e. the one who is responsible for directing and organizing the development process, whose previous work experience is summarized as 'sold books online' and had absolutely no idea about game design. Amazon dumps piles of shekels into hiring actual game dev professionals only to put them under the control of someone who reportedly, when shown a visual tech demo, said "Looks good, when will it be playable?"

Whoever they have in charge of making hiring decisions for their creative endeavors, be it an individual or a group, should be put to the sword. They have no idea how to actually structure their creative companies, what experience they need to ensure success. They shoot for the lowest common denominator broad-platform social issues as central concepts to explore in the hopes that they can earn acclaim and applause solely on the basis of representation because some absolute retard somewhere in the chain spent millions of dollars on the author's footnotes that weren't good enough to canonize.

Nebula Slasher

View attachment 2695
IIRC Shiina designed some microphones for Gen 2's karaokes (and possibly Ina?), so it looks like it was a gift from her. I'm not watching the stream, did Pippa explicitly say it was from Sakana?

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru's baking stream is getting dangerous, it's more than just camera on the hands.
View attachment 2684
View attachment 2683
The rrats of her being a landwhale are debunked. You wouldn't say no to Nyaru would you?

The best part being here. You gotta watch this stream. Hopefully Nyaru does more.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
They shoot for the lowest common denominator broad-platform social issues as central concepts to explore in the hopes that they can earn acclaim and applause solely on the basis of representation because some absolute retard somewhere in the chain spent millions of dollars on the author's footnotes that weren't good enough to canonize.
The most interesting theory to come out of RoP is that it was actually supposed to be a Dragon Age show that Amazon has been working on, but then they got rights to Tolkien's trash bin, and Dragon Age's popularity went into the trash bin, so they just re-used the storylines they had for the Dragon Age show. Generic racism towards elves is really big in RoP even though it was never really given more than a sentence by Tolkien, if even that, but is one of the major plot points of Dragon Age.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
did Pippa explicitly say it was from Sakana?
Yes, she specifically said he surprised her with a commission for it and she told him she wanted a toy mic with bird prisoner if it wasn't too much to ask for. The animation of bird prisoner was unexpected by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom