"Hey, Kim! Hey, Kim! lol We met the final boss of racism! (breaks down in awkward laughter)"Juniper Actias

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Pomu as a maid, fine. I can see that.

Selen as a maid...? The kind of maid who tells her boss to fuck off and let her handle the problems, he'd just fuck it up, anyway, I guess...

stassy

Interesting, 4 NijiJP livers that potentially going to France, along with two other JP that would go to Canada's Otakuthon (Sister Claire and Sara Hoshikawa). Is this a sign for NijiFR? honhonhonhon. Still interesting to hear about it, though. Especially if you consider that those like Masaru, Eli Conifer, and Mikoto aren't as known globally than say, Kei Nagao (who has tried to collab with EN in particular in order to learn english to much success).
Another tidbit from the official JapanExpo reveal stream, they bargained first for 5 NijiEn, then Niji asked them if they could handle simultraduction JP-FR and then shipped the 5 others but they are still negotiating for their q&a appearance day, so that probably mean they will not be flying there (and that their schedule is still a mess on niji side, several livers misunderstood the availability date)

kestraline

Early Adopter

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔

Horo7618

No one in particular
Pomu as a maid, fine. I can see that.

Selen as a maid...? The kind of maid who tells her boss to fuck off and let her handle the problems, he'd just fuck it up, anyway, I guess...
If Aqua can be a gaming maid, why not Selen?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
If Aqua can be a gaming maid, why not Selen?
I was about to write something about how Aqua is introverted, shy, submissive, altogether maidlike...

Then I remembered it's all an act and everytime there's any sort of competition or task, or she's just in charge of a team for some reason, her true nature as the girlboss who drove Rushia into corporate suicide comes out.

So fair point.

Selen's still going to laugh at her aristocrat's tiny dick if he tries to romance her, though.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Proctor hasn't posted anything yet today, despite it being past 7pm GMT.

The Phase Connect crisis meeting must be taking a while.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
How much money has to be at stake before a vtuber is willing to put their real name on a lawsuit and dox themselves? IANAL but I'm pretty sure "Bao" and "Saruei" aren't going to be able to sue anyone as anime girls. Maybe that was part of his calculation in all of this.
And this is why vTubers who are indie need to set up an independent shell corporation to funnel all of their large scale major purchases through for just such an occassion. That way you can sue them using the shell corporation, and leave your own personal details out of it.
Nah panko already knows the bit since she read it here first.
L take. Knowing Panko's attitude, she'd feign ignorance and lean into it much harder for the lulz.

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer

Oh hey the studio that ripped off Bao and other talents has responded, tldr he tried to meet God soon but failed, sent to the hospital, and that's why he was silent on the whole matter.

Edit: the link to the doc.

Decided to reach out to someone who is familiar with the animation industry and still has contacts with some of the large studios to see what he thought of this whole thing. He had a good laugh on a lot of it and had some interesting insights on how things should work and how things shouldn't work. For those of your interested I'll post his comments in the spoilers below but to summarize he basically thinks this guy at the nicest was someone who thought he could totally run his own studio and handle things realized how hard it was and panic'd hardcore when he found out the job wasn't as easy as he expected. But more likely yeah a grift.
Edit: with his permission and ignore the game stream in one image plz.
1685469764160.png

1685469857691.png

1685469920973.png

1685470014908.png

1685470080750.png

1685470180844.png

1685470211404.png

1685470242731.png

1685470269998.png

1685470294362.png

1685470330885.png

1685470383381.png

1685470411315.png

The rest of the conversation can be summarized as "communicate with people you hirer, do not use fucking discord for primary contact at the very least use email summaries so you have a record of things."
Again I'm just some random accountant on the internet so feel free to believe me or not but I don't really think anything he said is really crazy or out there

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
How much money has to be at stake before a vtuber is willing to put their real name on a lawsuit and dox themselves? IANAL but I'm pretty sure "Bao" and "Saruei" aren't going to be able to sue anyone as anime girls. Maybe that was part of his calculation in all of this.
From the invoices, Bao had an LLC she was operating through (it's listed as "converted out" on the relevant secretary of state's database, can't check further atm). That should limit her exposure for filing purposes. She might have to give her name to the court on the stand, but her lawyers should be able to get confidentiality orders governing discovery information.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

At least in the States, I believe there's a couple of ways of being party to a case and filing without disclosing your name directly. Especially if you're incorporated for the content. That said, I don't know about other jurisdictions.

im assuming Saurei would stand to lose less on more parts of her private life being on a lawsuit than others considering she has shown her face before, same with Bao's case, but i could be very mistaken, names could still be very important to hide, i still remember Bao's drama where she went apeshit at a literal autist who implied she had a bf in a private discord, even with Twitch's talent freedom, BF yabs are still a thing apparently

Either way, sounds like a decent shitshow and im still suprised he got away with ghosting like 10 people at once and nobody thought to say anything

Saurei also lives in France, right? Cross-border stuff would likely not even be wort the money.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Rats on idol being scammed by the same dude who scammed Bao?
If they scam idol the dude is gonna end up tied up in a palestinian home thats about to be hit by a rocket strike

themanimthehills

Edit:
Literary right after I post this and open twitter I see this, reveal moved to june 7
View attachment 28005

I'm surprised that more people haven't been posting theories about the sudden delay of Idol gen 2. Come on guys, I wanna read your theories!

Maybe one of talents suddenly died at the hands of Nolan Crush.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
L take. Knowing Panko's attitude, she'd feign ignorance and lean into it much harder for the lulz.
new rrat, mike honey is panko

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Rats on idol being scammed by the same dude who scammed Bao?
Considering the guys listed everyone and their mothers he had business with, I doubt he wouldn't had mentioned Idol if they where one of them.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Decided to reach out to someone who is familiar with the animation industry and still has contacts with some of the large studios to see what he thought of this whole thing. He had a good laugh on a lot of it and had some interesting insights on how things should work and how things shouldn't work. For those of your interested I'll post his comments in the spoilers below but to summarize he basically thinks this guy at the nicest was someone who thought he could totally run his own studio and handle things realized how hard it was and panic'd hardcore when he found out the job wasn't as easy as he expected. But more likely yeah a grift.
Edit: with his permission and ignore the game stream in one image plz.
View attachment 28007
View attachment 28009
View attachment 28010
View attachment 28011
View attachment 28013
View attachment 28014
View attachment 28015
View attachment 28016
View attachment 28017
View attachment 28018
View attachment 28019
View attachment 28020
View attachment 28021
The rest of the conversation can be summarized as "communicate with people you hirer, do not use fucking discord for primary contact at the very least use email summaries so you have a record of things."
Again I'm just some random accountant on the internet so feel free to believe me or not but I don't really think anything he said is really crazy or out there
Congrats on the upcoming video @The Nousagi. Not every day you get competitive background research done for free.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Proctor hasn't posted anything yet today, despite it being past 7pm GMT.

The Phase Connect crisis meeting must be taking a while.
Interpol is now looking for the organizer of notorious Phase Connect fan forum "TVA" as a money laundering front for those and I quote "goddamn Chinese Canadians". May God have mercy on his soul

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I'm surprised that more people haven't been posting theories about the sudden delay of Idol gen 2

[Rrat] They changed the date to match the PC gen 3 1st teaser to because they want to overshadow them, they got this info by catfishing PC talents (again, or something similar) and/or contacting them via their personal accounts in poaching attempts [/Rrat]

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha is once again showing her supreme taste by playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom