"Hey, Kim! Hey, Kim! lol We met the final boss of racism! (breaks down in awkward laughter)"Juniper Actias

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunned But Dumb

It's good to be prepared for all situations. Just in case.
Just a matter of time before Proctor has us scanning his code for Raid Shadow Legends in the top bar

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

hylic

I really want to know why he would reject not just her but really any JP audition. Is it because they're hard to market? Even just one extra JP would be good it doesn't have to be almost half the gen like origins. I really want to see Nasa, Michiru, and Iori succeed thats all. I also hope she tries again.

Edit: typos and an additional thought
English fluency is a must have now because there's a limit to how many talents the JP manager (papa gorira) can manage at once. There is no point in adding a JP only vtuber to the roster because the numbers are inherently smaller. Chuubas who can speak Japanese and English are pretty common anyways. There are more overseas weebs that understand japanese or enjoy watching JP vtubers than there are actual Japanese people who are aware of Phase Connect.

Sakana is lucky that the two exclusively Japanese talents he hired are good at streaming, have cross-cultural appeal and are basically fine with having a mostly overseas audience. He is also lucky to already have bilingual staff that can do more than just prop up a less productive branch so it doesn't cost him a lot to keep them around.

As a JP watcher I don't feel that the narrative that they're being neglected is true at all. They are probably disproportionately supported compared to the rest of phase, considering that they get high quality merch, in-house art assets, the occasional outside collab opportunity and a dedicated manager which is a situation at least comparable to other JP corpos. They also have very high membership and donation revenue compared to your average JP corpo 2view.

From how they've described it, the concept of "Phase JP" isn't a thing anymore. Iori, Nasa and Michiru are in the same discord as everyone else, sit in the same meetings and talk to EN talent every day.

The only thing I think they need to grow is just more exposure via clips and collabs, but the collab part is all up to them.

The clip part is up to (you).

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Just a matter of time before Proctor has us scanning his code for Raid Shadow Legends in the top bar
Seeing as all of Jewba Corp got sponsored and we know they're *here*, it wouldn't surprise me to see them sponsor us next.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
With the Invaders debut and all this animation drama I had completely forgotten that IdolEN2 reveal is tomorrow
1685464007573.png

Edit:
Literary right after I post this and open twitter I see this, reveal moved to june 7
1685466321622.png

Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Stunned But Dumb

English fluency is a must have now because there's a limit to how many talents the JP manager (papa gorira) can manage at once. There is no point in adding a JP only vtuber to the roster because the numbers are inherently smaller. Chuubas who can speak Japanese and English are pretty common anyways. There are more overseas weebs that understand japanese or enjoy watching JP vtubers than there are actual Japanese people who are aware of Phase Connect.

Sakana is lucky that the two exclusively Japanese talents he hired are good at streaming, have cross-cultural appeal and are basically fine with having a mostly overseas audience. He is also lucky to already have bilingual staff that can do more than just prop up a less productive branch so it doesn't cost him a lot to keep them around.

As a JP watcher I don't feel that the narrative that they're being neglected is true at all. They are probably disproportionately supported compared to the rest of phase, considering that they get high quality merch, in-house art assets, the occasional outside collab opportunity and a dedicated manager which is a situation at least comparable to other JP corpos. They also have very high membership and donation revenue compared to your average JP corpo 2view.

From how they've described it, the concept of "Phase JP" isn't a thing anymore. Iori, Nasa and Michiru are in the same discord as everyone else, sit in the same meetings and talk to EN talent every day.

The only thing I think they need to grow is just more exposure via clips and collabs, but the collab part is all up to them.

The clip part is up to (you).
Sincerely appreciate your input.

hylic

Sincerely appreciate your input.
Also, Iori mentioned that there is a gen 3 member that is fluent in JP and wants to collab with her and Michiru. Some of the new invaders are also interacting behind the scenes with the JP members.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Kalion

:)
I click on Remi's return zatsu to hear her talking about sitting on the toilet with her laptop for 12 hours so she can play MMOs without interruptions.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Just wait for Aviel's master plan.

The EN market is small. Large enough to be worth pursuing, but still comparatively small.

Idol JP. It's only a matter of time.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozucraft going live soon, GET IN

Based???
1685466172113.png

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Jelly has just read out a donation from Mike Honey. And said it again when asked to check the name again.
Lmao Remilla just fell for the same thing.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
My real question is, where the fuck did the money go? Did he blow it all on hookers and blackjack? Buy a shitload of property? Are people even going to be able to get anything out of him when the inevitable lawsuits happen?

How much money has to be at stake before a vtuber is willing to put their real name on a lawsuit and dox themselves? IANAL but I'm pretty sure "Bao" and "Saruei" aren't going to be able to sue anyone as anime girls. Maybe that was part of his calculation in all of this.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Even though she got done dirty by being given the role of Sakura, IRyS is going to start Getting Over It.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
How much money has to be at stake before a vtuber is willing to put their real name on a lawsuit and dox themselves? IANAL but I'm pretty sure "Bao" and "Saruei" aren't going to be able to sue anyone as anime girls. Maybe that was part of his calculation in all of this.
im assuming Saurei would stand to lose less on more parts of her private life being on a lawsuit than others considering she has shown her face before, same with Bao's case, but i could be very mistaken, names could still be very important to hide, i still remember Bao's drama where she went apeshit at a literal autist who implied she had a bf in a private discord, even with Twitch's talent freedom, BF yabs are still a thing apparently

Either way, sounds like a decent shitshow and im still suprised he got away with ghosting like 10 people at once and nobody thought to say anything

Last edited:

Ensok

Early Adopter
Even though she got done dirty by being given the role of Sakura, IRyS is going to start Getting Over It.

Not as bad as Kronii being Orochimaru.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Merch seems to be about the same thing as usual, but I can't remember, is this the first time they're having ENs do the voice dramas too, or have they done it before?

Limkin

Merch seems to be about the same thing as usual, but I can't remember, is this the first time they're having ENs do the voice dramas too, or have they done it before?
Elira tweeted it's the first time and I am not even remotely familiar to doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom