"'Kir, remember to breathe' - NO! I'm gonna have to subsidize BREATHING for these fucking mongoloids who don't know how to ration their breathing correctly!"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Please give actual context for the numbskulls not actually watching and just taking everything said here as gospel.
she literally says she gets the percentage off the supas and thats it, no bonuses and no stable pay

TIMESTAMP 4:27:30

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I can understand no stable pay if he's hiring them as contractors, much like youtube does with any content creator, but there should be a structure for when things reach a certain point to introduce bonuses and the like. As well as things like saying if the company reaches a certain point they will have some kind of stable income.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
she literally says she gets the percentage off the supas and thats it, no bonuses and no stable pay

Please educate me if I'm completely ignorant, but I was under the impression that was pretty standard for most corporate vtubers. The corporation mostly handles stuff like models (a huge expense for high-end, prompt-delivery stuff), merch, legal stuff, etc. I'm not aware of even Hololive or Nijisanji actually paying talents a living wage.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Seems Uto is getting a new model/outfit for her birthday

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It sounds like Pippa doesn't get a paycheck but she does get a cut of merch.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I couldn't find the clip, so I made it myself:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Please educate me if I'm completely ignorant, but I was under the impression that was pretty standard for most corporate vtubers. The corporation mostly handles stuff like models (a huge expense for high-end, prompt-delivery stuff), merch, legal stuff, etc. I'm not aware of even Hololive or Nijisanji actually paying talents a living wage.
They do pay wages, actually. Not much, but enough to get you started before the Supas start coming in. I believe Coco mentioned it when she was getting screwed over in monetization.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Though I wonder if this all means Zax is in the picture anymore as it sounds like she's solo, as she can't even go for a walk without being afraid.
I think he's semi-active in the owl Discord, though I haven't seen any screencaps passed around lately so I doubt he's saying anything interesting.
official, the fucking fishman doesnt pay wages
I'm not surprised since living off donations/superchats etc. is the norm for streamers so a corpo just doing a revenue share makes sense; the problem is the fish asking for so much extra work at unsociable hours. The odd meeting to check in or plan for an event makes sense but this seems excessive, and the extra man-hours for projects like the AI thing should be paid work, recording audio samples for the voice synthesisation is basically a second job at this point.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I distinctly remember when I first started watching her she was living with an absolute psycho cunt of a roommate.
Zax jokes aside, she talked about it a bit back then. Pips used to actively avoid leaving her room meant she would have to deal with the roomie, who would hassle her over dumb shit. It's of course been a while but she was a major bitch who used to get snippy and be an asshole even when Pippa would try to meet halfway or offer to help if the rent was behind etc. UNLESS I've remembered wrong, but the woman was an actual cunt. One of those people who would follow her around the house and stuff.

She was, and she was trying to get money to build a van to live in with Zax. Then she ended up in a new place as she started earning money, which is an individual house just for her, her animals, and maybe Zax but it's unconfirmed.

He should at least offer bonuses or something for meetings if they are pseudo mandatory but it sounds like he doesn't.
Autism kicking in, but it was a school bus pretty sure.
I know he's apparently a rich asshat but this shit's sounding kind of suspect.

Even if it's by contract, what exactly is being contracted then? Outside of the shit like the AI and trying to Merch, it's not like they do anything that I imagine is a big money draw unless I'm 50 kinds of retarded. My ignorance is probably showing here though and maybe I'm unaware of what exactly is counted as "contracted" work.

I thought they did get a salary, but it was super minimal. Someone can come correct me as well, however I swore that someone in Holo was broke as fuck and barely managed for a while only because they had that minor ass check coming until monetization happened.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Dunno about the nijiniggas but holo does, even then im not sure why everyone is making such a big stink about it, phaseconnect isn't that formal of a corporation (yet).

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Sounds like the Fishman Joker-arc has started. I don't watch them, but I hope for the best for Pippa and the others, cus it sounds like they are getting a shit deal.

Unrelated, do we know anything about the GGN girls' roommates? Would suck for them to end up disappearing completely.

Also, to cheer people up in these trying times, Bae has got a fun unarchived karaoke going on:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Please educate me if I'm completely ignorant, but I was under the impression that was pretty standard for most corporate vtubers.
They do pay wages, actually. Not much, but enough to get you started before the Supas start coming in. I believe Coco mentioned it when she was getting screwed over in monetization.
plus i found a reddit thread with people discussing this shit. Its on me if fake and gay

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Oh no she's clowning on Henri's clown money.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The holo wages are basically enough to cover rent + internet and a beansprout-based diet. Aki had some rough times when she had all those setbacks starting out.

Edit: Bae has a very nice voice when she isn't doing her character voice.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Michael from WonderAI comes to save the Pipkin!

Pippa must read this site, she's bringing up Henry's potential bankruptcy by means of super chat.

It sounds like Pippa doesn't get a paycheck but she does get a cut of merch.
That should be expected in most companies of this kind. The only one I think didn't do that was Miao but he offered 100% of the supers and channel monetization to his talent, though that was probably because he knew the net income off of merch and more would be way higher if it was successful.

I think he's semi-active in the owl Discord, though I haven't seen any screencaps passed around lately so I doubt he's saying anything interesting.
Being active in a Discord and being a roommate aren't exactly the same.

Autism kicking in, but it was a school bus pretty sure.
I know he's apparently a rich asshat but this shit's sounding kind of suspect.
I can't imagine someone being rich and living in those conditions.

Even if it's by contract, what exactly is being contracted then? Outside of the shit like the AI and trying to Merch, it's not like they do anything that I imagine is a big money draw unless I'm 50 kinds of retarded. My ignorance is probably showing here though and maybe I'm unaware of what exactly is counted as "contracted" work.
Merch can be very lucrative, as usually the cost of production is tiny and the expense is marketing. When you buy any product, you're not paying for the item usually, you're paying for all the work behind the scenes and the time it took to build a following.

There's also a ton of stuff a company can do behind the scenes but they don't always do those things which is the issue. People have really weird understanding of products, as most of it's all the bullshit you have to deal with to get the product to market, and not the actual product itself.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Pippa must read this site, she's bringing up Henry's potential bankruptcy by means of super chat.
I was about to say, between one of her AI art points being the "blue collar workers should just learn to code, but artists get mad when you tell them the same thing" and now this. I mean, it's tenuous as fuck, but I want to believe.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

guerilla karaoke with rat and wtf is she wearing

Hff201

Early Adopter
Being active in a Discord and being a roommate aren't exactly the same.
Oh my bad I am retard, I misread it as whether he was still around in general. I'm pretty sure they're not living together any more, iirc it was the dog that was living with Zax that died that time when she was going on break.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Oh my bad I am retard, I misread it as whether he was still around in general. I'm pretty sure they're not living together any more, iirc it was the dog that was living with Zax that died that time when she was going on break.
Wasn't it her Mom's dog?

Hff201

Early Adopter
Wasn't it her Mom's dog?
Found the post.
1665640034723.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom