"I'm a wizard, but without the transphobia"Nym

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Watching the current Kirschey stream, and she's talking about the Paypal shitstorm that came out an hour ago.
Apparently Paypal is planning to freeze assets, and penalize people $2500 per offense, if you don't agree with their political opinions.

We're reaching levels of Cyberpunk that Pondsmith couldn't even think up in his wildest nightmares.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Watching the current Kirschey stream, and she's talking about the Paypal shitstorm that came out an hour ago.
Apparently Paypal is planning to freeze assets, and penalize people $2500 per offense, if you don't agree with their political opinions.

We're reaching levels of Cyberpunk that Pondsmith couldn't even think up in his wildest nightmares.
I'm glad I never had a Paypal account, but that is extremely fucked. Looks like they backtracked though? I see articles saying it was an "error". I don't ever want to use Paypal, but it sucks that Streamelements uses them. Don't let up on this shit though, because it's obvious they would've went through with it if there wasn't backlash. But Paypal is a public company, so I don't see how there wouldn't have been a shit ton of lawsuits.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter

That shit seems highly illegal.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I don't know Kiara's guest, is she an indie?

vestars20

Early Adopter
Gamma and Pochi have a drawing collab together in a few minutes. Pochi really increased her streaming output since her new model reveal. I hope she will collab with other members too.

Pochi is on a mini vacation and will be streaming less after

I was gonna crack a joke about her chickening out of the intro, but damn that was a good cover.

Luinglish is blessed

Also, I love that this collab is three "cool nee-san" types... and IRyS.
Really good, think she could have adjusted it to be more emo/grunge but the MV and her soft voice really meshed.

She may have asthma or small lungs or something, cause she runs out of breath so easily but can recover super quick.

Luna being a weak princess just as kayfabe would be funny. I think she is just that weak.
I really want Subaru to stream in 3D, she freezes her model a good amount of time so I am super curious what she is doing!

A lot of music coming out today it seems.

Robo Angel from PRISM had an original song come out...not my cup of tea but she sings nicely.

Rie from PC also had a cover come out, her cover of the song is good I like hers more than the original.

Oh yeah and Shiki from PRISM had an original song come out. I like her singing voice a good bit so here's the song.

Glad Rita is sticking to what she likes, better then singing the same thing as everyone else. She also doesn't stand out voice wise so might as well. Maybe you'll like the original Korean version better.
Also, Rita did her charity drive and raised $4k for NAMI.

Rie had an interesting choice, the original singer isn't that big.
Shiki has a great voice, not digging the song. I like her clean singing

This vtuber has been singing a lot and I really like her style. If you like karaoke she delivers

She has a lowerish register, talks in a pretty normal voice and her model is a bit silly with it's huge eyes that stare you down.

Also, this whole stream is a fever dream...

AI blah blah
Ok maybe I'm just not knowledgeable enough about this, but how else is an AI supposed to learn besides using references? I don't think you can just program an AI and not have something for it learn from. It's not like a chat AI where it learns from users talking to it. What do the other AI programs use to learn art? I can get being wary about all this as an artist but I'm not grasping some of their arguments.

Yeah I'm lost on what she meant by that, other than people using the AI images to show to artists and poke fun at them that a program is better than them.
Yeah if that's the case and the AI is profiting off of having users pay to generate images, I can see why artists may be upset.
My undestanding is that the main drama right now is about the AI using databases like danboroo and the like, instead of database that exist of only public domain or copyright free works (my understanding that some AI before NovelAI came used this databases), they argument whatever an AI should be allow to "learn" from copyright art.
It's generic art that can't get the number of fingers/toes right half the time.
In general, people complaining about AI think it will take something away from them/the medium while most of the time it adds richness, look at Go/Chess.
NotSana is a bit of a silly willy. AI art can help "real" artists just like any other digital tool. Pippa had a good point that you can give the artist a reference photo for the commission. I imagine that would cut down on back and forth dialogue.
People are paying for the program and not the database so artists mad they are making money are also being silly. Personally, I am more ready to commission art then I was before that Pippa stream.
See? AI can be useful.

Next she will use it for therapy.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
>twitch rivals
>never played apex before

About to get fucking destroyed by autists with 9000 hours.
Who is even on her team?
edit: literally who-tier twitch thots
Hey, I think Raeyei is pretty cool. I think she had some dream of becoming a japanese idol a long time ago and made this absolute atrocity:

Nowadays she mostly plays Dota with some of the big dota streamers.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

The news has been going around for about a week now and it's absurd how vague the terms are that just let them penalize people who use their services with the new fines. Then again people like Young Rippa got fucked by Paypal and lately we've seen all kinds of entities just trying to seize cash for insane reasons. Go Fund Me tried to seize all the cash going to Canadian honkers before people complained enough for them to return it to the senders. The gym that ended up in a legal battle with the government over covid one day just woke up to their bank account being empty because the government seized all of their money during the lawsuit.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Mumei's members only asmr test run delayed for awhile, scheduled to start in 10 minutes.
1665272280480.png
I feel like this might get privated if she's not happy with it, and it's going to overlap Gura's karaoke but I think the karaoke archive will be a lot easier to find.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Iori celebrating twitch partnership. Is twitch that better then youtube for her?

Amiya watching Nightmare on elm street. Bae should have joined her. It's a shame and a disgrace not to know about this movie.^_^

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Gura is psyching herself out on her karaoke stream. Has her heart rate monitor on and it's staying in the 120-130 range the whole time lol

She's really been on a jazz kick. Lots of alternate cover versions today.

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Dr. Pipkin Pippa showing off her knowledge of birds.

The stream tonight might get a little spicy.

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Pippa made a common mistake:
They are not Laridae, but in fact are called
GODDAMN RATS WITH WINGS

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
It seems Gura’s heart rate hit 150. Jesus. Seems the music isn’t the only thing Gura is slaying today.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Gura's 3D has such a different vibe to me than her rhombus 2D. Part of me wishes that Cover would fully commit to one style and hyperfocus on improving that one. And as much I love their 2Ds, I feel like 3D has a lot more longevity and flexibility. Especially if they ironed out better mouth tracking and fix the unnatural fingers.

Last edited:

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter

The stream tonight might get a little spicy.

She also linked this in her community tab this morning:

I think she's trying to tell us something, maybe Papakin really is a weed kingpin who talks to plants?

Spergatory

Early Adopter
This jazz version of Creep Gura is singing is fucking weird lol. It reminds me of car commercials slowing down old rock/pop songs and adding a basic indie girl voice to make their cars seem super fancy.

Gura's 3D has such a different vibe to me than her rhombus 2D. Part of me wishes that Cover would fully commit to one style and hyperfocus on improving that one. And as much I love their 2Ds, I feel like 3D has a lot more longevity and flexibility. Especially if ironed out better mouth tracking and fix the unnatural fingers.
I don't watch Gura much, but from what I've seen she seems to use the 3D model more than her 2D one recently. Does cover have any guidelines on how often they can use certain models?

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Special Guest incoming... and it's Gura again!

Edit: This is amazing.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
GOD NO GURA. Fucking Christmas songs... In October....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom