"Sometimes love is a fish"Onolumi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Starting an hour late because overslept and taking a shower.

Watching the trailer intro, she sees Raiden and says "She's cute". I'm fucking dead.

Unsurprisingly, woman brain in effect as she has zero capacity to grasp the controls.
I will agree that she's quite entertaining in this stream despite accomplishing nothing so far, but I'll still not support a communist by watching any stream of hers in a way that will give her any engagement (i.e. not by grabbing the stream data URL via yt-dlp).

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I thought the general consensus was that up until high tier play puyopuyo has the advantage. At high tier, Tetris has the advantage. None of the Hololive girls are high tier by any means and even if they understand the strategy for beating puyopuyo, not many of them could execute it.

Note: has advantage does not mean always beats. White side in chess has a 5ish percent edge on Black but put an hobbyist player on white against a pro and see how far that 5% takes you. Assuming equal skill levels you're basically losing as often as you are winning so just because world #1 and #2 Tetris lost to puyopuyo at some point doesn't prove that Tetris is weak.
To add to the reasons why these are the general trends of players at different skill I'll add my sperging hat into the ring:

When you are a beginner/intermediate player in either puyo puyo or tetris you're mostly concerned with playing your game. In an isolated setting where a Puyo player vs Tetris player look at their own board only, puyo players will almost always win. A 5 puyo chain takes up half the board if there is no counter and if you're not looking at your opponent to read what they're doing you're almost guaranteed to lose unless the tetris player actually has high apm/pattern recognition to clear the trash.

Why tetris players are technically at a disadvantage isn't just because of the scoring rules it's also the wall that tetris players have to break to reach high skill level. Puyo players do not need incredibly fast apm due to the game not having an instant fall. The thing that they need the most is pattern recognition to create their chains as well as playing around enemy trash. Tetris players on the other hand require not only the mental processing wall of patterns to build up their t-spins or tetris clears but also require physical apm up to 5+ actions per piece. On top of that tetris has instant fall which means that per piece should take you less than a quarter second unless you're about to activate a t-spin double/triple. Once tetris players break the skill wall though they're usually equipped with a lot of options to counter and manuever around puyo players but this can lead to choice paralysis which is also really bad for a game about speed.

TL;DR Both game types have a high skill requirement but Tetris requires more out of the player vs. Puyo

Last edited:

No Name

So it sounds like they thought that the scrotum is a solid mass of flesh, like a boob maybe, rather than a sac with the organs separately suspended inside.
Even boobs aren't just massive fleshbits. But honestly I can't tell if they are hamming it all up for the "lol I'm dumb" jokes or if schools these days are that fucking bad. Any early late teens/early 20's folks around here able to confirm?
Coco, by way over 100k. People are gradually forgetting just how huge of a figure she was because Kson hasn't done anything notable except collect superchats.
It's probably important to note that Coco's graduation came at one of the peaks of the industry, and it was the first big graduation that a lot of fresh vtuber fans experienced.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
How much jewcorp getting paid for these collab? Rin having a collab with Ayla yew from nextstage project ( the corpo that had 2 talents graduate right after their debuts )

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Even boobs aren't just massive fleshbits. But honestly I can't tell if they are hamming it all up for the "lol I'm dumb" jokes or if schools these days are that fucking bad.
Nothing to do with schools. It only requires someone with Bae's looks and sociality to still be a virgin in her 20s.

Of course they're hamming it up.
How much jewcorp getting paid for these collab? Rin having a collab with Ayla yew from nextstage project ( the corpo that had 2 talents graduate right after their debuts )

I remain convinced that Aviel's mid-term plan is to buy up other small corpos to pad numbers and consequently benefit from the two-digit members slice-of-life environment that Hololive benefits from.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Huge win for Ayla. She's now sitting at almost 1.6k subscribers. She only hit 1k last Monday. I only watched this briefly but they seemed to have pretty good chemistry.

It has now been two months since Froot posted her tweet pledging money for a LGBTQIA+ youth charity and then never mentioned it again - including when she was on another stream raising money for a related telephone hotline, which would have been a perfect time to show off that she had cut the check.

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
SA2 and Metroid Prime in the same week? Hell yeah spooder let's go
That's Fusion, but still, Let's gooooo (I wonder how much Ami will get jumpscared by SA-X)

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
:kaelalaugh:

Little extra art from the artist of Vesper's thumbnail
FtTxEayWAAYuY0V

Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
About charities, and more relevant to the thread, on Selen - she is not quitting!

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Meanwhile in Idol land, I clicked on Nikki's stream to find two Jews yelling at each other for minutes on end. Seems legit

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Meanwhile in Idol land, I clicked on Nikki's stream to find two Jews yelling at each other for minutes on end. Seems legit

My wife loves abusing her wife. Normally I'd speak up but that's less time she has to abuse me, sorry Nikki

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Remember Tetris attack AKA Panel de pon, AKA Pokémon puzzle league? I like that puzzle game, that should make a come back.:optimistic:
All this talk just has me wanting to play Puzzle Pirates again. My absolute favorite game in that, swordfighting, was based on Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo.
Man that game was great, it's just being a pirate, but everything you do is a different puzzle game and your skill at the game determines how effective you are at sailing, loading cannons, fighting, etc. Oh and it's an MMO.
Bilging was a puzzle based on Tetris Attack.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
That's Fusion, but still, Let's gooooo (I wonder how much Ami will get jumpscared by SA-X)
lol meant Fusion, been talking about Prime so much lately I had a brain fart...

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Gura will be finishing Choo-Choo Charles at 8E/5P.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
More VC before my exams of this month
1681678446817.png

1681678319006.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom