"This is my formal apology to Papanova who just told me he watched my entire stream last night, I didn't think he knew how to use youtube… uh… sorry for being a disappointment"Eva Ananova

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanSapling

Are the people here who are saying Puyo Puyo is OP actually knowledgeable about the game, or are you just balance whining because Suisei didn't automatically win when she played?

I have been trying to google around to find out about the balance, and from what I can see, people who actually play the game are saying Puyo is weaker, and several of the best Japanese players win with Tetris.

Maybe Marine is just actually very good at the game?

niggaphil

several of the best Japanese players win with Tetris.
If you want to use amameya the tetris god as your evidence to say tetris is stronger, I have a bad news for you. Even he had lost to puyo puyo players before. Don't just google the first few video only

Edit: If you want to fuck with intermediate puyo players, Tetris players have several strategies that could act fast in sending garbage, by performing quick combo strategies (2-wide, 3-wide, or 4 wide). The problem with Hololive girls are they only relied on double T-spin strategy (which is a HUGE NO to new player if you cannot act fast), and they could not execute it very fast or efficient. It gaves the puyo players a lot of time to plan the combo, instead of clearning the garbage

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Aqua, Marine and Watame song
I didnt keep up with the blue journey stuff. What is it? Just a project for songs or some kind of label?

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
In short, the Puyo puyo is the GOAT in this VS game. It is a known fact, as the developer changed the tetris attack rules to make sure puyo puyo won't be at disadvantages. Next time maybe the tournament should either make puyo puyo or tetris only

Edit: To make sure people won't say I am talking out of my arse, I will just cite a wiki to show the balancing issue:

"In Versus and Party, the number of lines sent is based on whether a Tetris player is challenging a Tetris or Puyo player. In Tetris-only matches, the attack table is the same as in most guideline games, while in matches with Puyo and Tetris players, the same tables are used but with nerfs to adjust game balance, as well as the margin time system applying to Tetris attacks."

I'm sure it's just a COMPLETE coincidence that in both the Nijisanji and HoloLive Puyo Puyo Tetris tournaments the winner of the tourney was playing Puyo

RyanSapling

If you want to use amameya the tetris god as your evidence to say tetris is stronger, I have a bad news for you. Even he had lost to puyo puyo players before. Don't just google the first few video only

So your argument for that Puyo is stronger is that one of the best Tetris players sometimes loses to Puyo players? Do they always lose, or do they happen to go 50/50 with other players on their level?

For the record, I have no horse in this race, and I don't know shit about the game. I just instinctively the dislike balance whining that immediately follows a tournament win, because it's usually completely uninformed. At least in all the games I follow.

I'd prefer to just let the winner get the credit for the win, instead of trying to imply they got carried.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
From what I understand, Marine basically went out and specifically learned a hard counter to Tetris players called the "Holy Counter" after losing to Suisei before.

Last edited:

niggaphil

So your argument for that Puyo is stronger is that one of the best Tetris players sometimes loses to Puyo players? Do they always lose, or do they happen to go 50/50 with other players on their level?

For the record, I have no horse in this race, and I don't know shit about the game. I just instinctively the dislike balance whining that immediately follows a tournament win, because it's usually completely uninformed. At least in all the games I follow.

I'd prefer to just let the winner get the credit for the win, instead of trying to imply they got carried.
Hey, you are the one who throw out the question in questioning our view, I just answered you with some tetris and puyo puyo knowledges that I had. Now I am the one whining? I just give my comments that maybe next time doing puyo puyo or tetris only will be better.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
1681658538287.png

In unrelated new, Tamaki/Norio is... debuting a Live2D outfit for Norio?
Whatever brought this on, it's a very cute outfit
1681658556884.pngE:1681659122108.png Looks like pro artist friends might have made an illustration or two
E2:1681659885764.png Her bag has these cute little characters, reference to other vtubers she has drawn? not a NorioPro/Tamaki watcher normally
E3: 1681661054985.pngSorry, there's a ring already1681661073745.png alternate color 1681661236405.pngLook at her kids

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I didnt keep up with the blue journey stuff. What is it? Just a project for songs or some kind of label?
Idk. Some sort of project together with EMI Records Japan (universal music jp). 9 original songs will release till July. And big announcement after releasing last song at July 8th.
As described on youtube, united by a theme of feelings, self-discovery etc.:
A song is a song that wants to be close to someone's heart.
Whose heart is this? You don't need to search for such an answer with Blue Journey.
Spend your time with Blue Journey listening to the talent singing and talking to yourself.
To keep shining with you, it's not enough as it is
Knowing that there is such a feeling that we can cuddle up to because we are Gunzei
That's why we travel, singing about someone's feelings found in a world without a map
Blue Journey", traveling through someone's heart with music

Horo7618

No one in particular

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Are the people here who are saying Puyo Puyo is OP actually knowledgeable about the game, or are you just balance whining because Suisei didn't automatically win when she played?

I have been trying to google around to find out about the balance, and from what I can see, people who actually play the game are saying Puyo is weaker, and several of the best Japanese players win with Tetris.

:lolcalmdown:
Were we reading the same thread? Most posts were just enjoying the tournament. I don't think anyone ever implied that Marine was carried by puyopuyo or that she isn't good at the game. I don't know or care about which game has the advantage but it's hilarious you did some surface level google searches and genuinely tried to "um ackshually." Relax brother, we were just having a good time.

These two posts sum it up.
https://thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/post-71538
https://thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/post-71558

RiverBear

Tetris is OP but Puyo is over compensated.

Tetris has easier combos, but throwing trash into the opponent's side only helps them get combos themselves.

Puyo pieces on the other hand fall very slowly but netting 2 -3 combos in a row effectively shuts off whatever the opponent was doing to because Puyo trash can't be combod into

Either way, you need to be skilled at both because the game switches in between rounds

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh

obviously marine is wearing vibrating anal beads that allows her to predict her opponent's moves

niggaphil

Tetris is OP but Puyo is over compensated.

Either way, you need to be skilled at both because the game switches in between rounds
Actually, there is a mode called swap mode in this game. It requires both knowledge of tetris and puyo. It is more chaotic and fun to play.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Since the Rin collab, Rie has gained 200 subscribers. I don't like the trend of her riding off the coat tails of more popular people to acquire fame just for the sake of catching up to Airi and not being the least subscribed. In order to balance this out, Pippa must continuously raid Airi to ensure she grows faster.

I've got to hand it to you, creating the superduper persona to promote yourself through reverse psychology was a clever move. Brilliant, really. You've earned yourself a sub.

I'm sure there's *clip* clips of it, but it was basically the first 10 minutes of the most recent CHaDcast, starts here:

Interesting. 6:56, Irys: "I thought the sack was just shaped like a ball." Bae: "That's what I thought!" So it sounds like they thought that the scrotum is a solid mass of flesh, like a boob maybe, rather than a sac with the organs separately suspended inside. It's funny but weird, kind of like Lia's ignorance in the balldo reaction. I'm pretty sure these girls have had or at least interacted with pet dogs and cats, at least some of them unneutered males. You'd think they'd get a better idea of what's going on down there just from looking.

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Interesting. 6:56, Irys: "I thought the sack was just shaped like a ball." Bae: "That's what I thought!" So it sounds like they thought that the scrotum is a solid mass of flesh, like a boob maybe, rather than a sac with the organs separately suspended inside. It's funny but weird, kind of like Lia's ignorance in the balldo reaction. I'm pretty sure these girls have had or at least interacted with pet dogs and cats, at least some of them unneutered males. You'd think they'd get a better idea of what's going on down there just from looking.
Something something public schools

(seriously, what are they even teaching them in health class any more)

niggaphil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom