General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why does everyone care so much about what two dumbass women who have no professional careers and spend the majority of their time online have to say about anything, SPECIALLY philosophical reasoning? They, like you and me (unless you are an actual respected professor who can authoritatively speak about anything) know jack shit about the world and their word means literally nothing.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Been touching grass the past couple days due to some family issues, hope all is well.
She probably has tiny little Asian feet.

As far as the KU100 goes, even Chama bought one, and then promptly never uses it
Doesn't she do ASMR with it? She does ASMR streams, but the archives usually end up being made members-only.
View attachment 1532
I will honor the homeland's tradition.
View attachment 1533
I am going to say my current one applies as spooky enough, given the origins.

Also, I can't express how happy I am IRyS is playing more MMX games. Hope she ends up playing them all (even 7).

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Why does everyone care so much about what two dumbass women who have no professional careers and spend the majority of their time online have to say about anything, SPECIALLY philosophical reasoning? They, like you and me (unless you are an actual respected professor who can authoritatively speak about anything) know jack shit about the world and their word means literally nothing.
Because I'm a retard that bases my opinions on similarly retarded anime women.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
No one cares, it's entertainment. It's not like anyone sees these girls as a source of wisdom or life advice.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
I for one question about how a half-eaten baked potato count as "personal item", but then I remember the vtuber in question, Fumino Tamaki is a bit of a weird catgirl, so I immediately understand why.[/SPOILER]

Isn't that a naan bread? Some of her shitposting involves it.

Nijifes is currently running, and the open stages should be available on Niji's channel on YT. If you just wanna stick with the Elira/Hana 3D, it should be tomorrow at 9:45 AM in JST. For more convenience, this playlist seems to have all the streams that will run for it (this is the one that will have the 3D).

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Sweet release.
Screenshot_1.png

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
So Axel just mentioned at the end of his last stream that he has the following coming up eventually:

Your Turn to Die (some visual novel horror game it seems)

Devil May Cry 3 (considering his clumsiness with BOTW, this should be good)

He has an non-member unarchived karaoke stream coming up. So if you want to see the Tempus Dingo sing again (and potentially cough blood on stream), there you go.
Your Turn To Die is actually really good, I've been waiting for a Holo to play it. It's basically a far more developed version of Danganronpa with some elements of Zero Escape tossed in. Hope he streams at a reasonable time for me to watch it.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
It is like watching two goldfish brains talk and both of them hurt each other in their shared idiocy.
Every interaction was like watching a pokemon battle where both pokemon have confusion.

Happy spooky month. Here's my favorite Myth original song. They have yet to top this song which is hilarious seeing as it was just supposed to be a half-shitpost kinda thing.

Grandpire believes flat is justice, guess we know why he appreciates A-chan.. I might need to withdraw my membership :confused:
Hey he also likes 2B, so it seems he just wants like 60% dumpy, 20% leg (because tall), and 20% everything else. An interesting ratio, but Vesper is an interesting guy.
one and only answer.jpg
Personally I've always been partial to the smaller, lithe kind of frame. On pure aesthetic alone, designs like A-chan and Shiina appeal to me moreso than something like Noel. However, I'm actually not that picky and I actually find most types attractive to an extent. In fact your design (or even real life girls) have to be just plain ugly as fuck or mismatched as hell before I'll start considering writing it off completely. For instance, I just can't look at Fairy Ichika's model because it weirds me out, and Kson's swimsuit model hits this as well just because her breasts looked so bad when it was made into L2D. If irl women get bad implants I feel the same way as well. Models like Noel's escape this because I perceive hers as actually looking 'natural', and it ends up with me thinking she still looks really nice instead of wanting to avert my eyes.

That Pippa 'debate' was absolute dogshit. Very very entertaining though. It's hilarious to watch people who have really no idea why they believe something try to come up with good reasons on the spot.
They, like you and me (unless you are an actual respected professor who can authoritatively speak about anything) know jack shit about the world and their word means literally nothing.
I don't necessarily agree. Sure, you might get my attention at first if you claim to be an expert on something, but I certainly won't put my whole trust in someone even if they have a really prestigious title. I've seen first hand that loads of these Ph.D wankers are no smarter or more clever than anyone else. They are human just like you and me, and in my opinion we all have to use our own minds to come to conclusions about different topics. I respect people that study their chosen craft and will likely give their ideas more consideration, but they can still be just as wrong as any novice. Challenging ideas is part of the process, and any doctor or professor worth their salt oughta know that. Part of the problem is that 'authorities' these days have been almost deified as people you can't challenge. Regular people could and should speak on subjects they may not be proficient in. Yeah, I've insinuated up above that Pippa and Lumi were clueless about the things they were arguing about, but at least they are actually talking about it and using their brains instead of letting all the soy turn them into NPCs.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Colleges are still churning out engineers, doctors and scientists. Don't let a vocal minority of loudmouth retards that skip their classes just to protest at the most minute imagined slight for public attention tell you otherwise.
You're not wrong, but for one STEM student that seems sane, you have multiple students with bullshit majors like gender studies or the "simple" majors like English and communications. These are the people that go on stupid protests and get angry at white people being in the "safe space" part of the library.
A few years ago I might have agreed with you both. But with stuff like diversity quotas and ESG (Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance) funding becoming increasingly widespread, I find it hard to agree that this nonsense has stayed at university. Instead, these people leave university and go to positions that have widespread influence, particuarly teaching, tech, human resource management and entertainment production.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
That Pippa 'debate' was absolute dogshit. Very very entertaining though. It's hilarious to watch people who have really no idea why they believe something try to come up with good reasons on the spot.

I don't necessarily agree. Sure, you might get my attention at first if you claim to be an expert on something, but I certainly won't put my whole trust in someone even if they have a really prestigious title. I've seen first hand that loads of these Ph.D wankers are no smarter or more clever than anyone else. They are human just like you and me, and in my opinion we all have to use our own minds to come to conclusions about different topics. I respect people that study their chosen craft and will likely give their ideas more consideration, but they can still be just as wrong as any novice. Challenging ideas is part of the process, and any doctor or professor worth their salt oughta know that. Part of the problem is that 'authorities' these days have been almost deified as people you can't challenge. Regular people could and should speak on subjects they may not be proficient in. Yeah, I've insinuated up above that Pippa and Lumi were clueless about the things they were arguing about, but at least they are actually talking about it and using their brains instead of letting all the soy turn them into NPCs.
I think the conclusion to this is that everybody is a fucking retard, but we should allow retards to speak their mind instead of immediately writing them off and/or censoring them. Because even if they are "100% wrong", it's still funny to laugh at their dumb ass.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Also that vote was a fraud because you could vote multiple times, but only with LUMI'S twitch points, so naturally Lumi-ISTS have an advantage in the vote!
Rigging voting polls in your favour is hilarious and peak shitposting.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Welp, had to bail out of that Lumi Pippa stream things were getting too tistic for my taste. Good to know to win Pippa over I either gotta be ripped like mgr Sam or just wait till i'm 50+ and grow a moustache.
Hopefully those leaks are fake but I suppose we'll see going foward as alienating your core audience for the lowest common denominator has gone so well for every company that's done it in recent times. Not too surprising but you hate to see it (especialy when gen 1 hasn't been around for two years yet). I suppose the easiest way to test that is to use the no no words in the other girls chats and see what happens.

In the meantime, "moraly grey gay"(her words) Marimari is playin some pokemans

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I don't think anyone posted that Holotalk is coming back next Sunday, Kiara is gonna announce it in her next schedule. It's gonna be either Korone, Ayame, or Pekora, she doesn't want to skip to JP 4th gen yet.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Sweet release.
FUck, man. Missed it live so I was listening to the VOD while playing Tyrian, and it went down just as Pippa joined!

I'm depending on you, lizard.

Also, lol

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Hopefully those leaks are fake but I suppose we'll see going foward as alienating your core audience for the lowest common denominator has gone so well for every company that's done it in recent times. Not too surprising but you hate to see it (especialy when gen 1 hasn't been around for two years yet). I suppose the easiest way to test that is to use the no no words in the other girls chats and see what happens.
What leaks?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
What leaks?
this was posted on /vt/ a bit ago, and then on the farms, apparently
vtleak.png
vtleak.jpg
TL;DR some spitballing and unconfirmed discord screening floating about by an Anon about Phase possibly cracking down on "4chan lingo" like rrat, janny, ogey, or schizo in discord and chat
this is not really new, they already banned Janny for a time because of the janny/tranny rhyme and other shit, but ogey, kino, and rrat is just retarded
maybe its just more of "words that annoy us" rather than some honest offence to them but thats apparently how it is, considering the new flak 4chan/kiwi has gotten due to recent events then to an extent it was kinda expected to distance from it as a corpo, but there is some sperging brewing about in both /vt/ and even the farms

tbh its wierd because outside of oogey rrat or janny (idfk what xalabussy fucking means) EDIT: (apparently its a retarded /vt/ meme since thats the only place where i could find a mention of it, back in the 22nd of september in /pcg/) its more shitty zoomer memes like calling shit literally 1984 or kino so fuck if i know if its something legit lmao

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
... holy shit. $90k to whisper a bunch of bullshit into weeb ears, and titfuck a dildo on her RL account?? 😭
Check out her Holotalk episode, she talked about her studio a fair bit there. She owns 2 KU100 so that's 20k alone for that, you can say all you want about her actual asmrs but she takes that shit really seriously, she's totally the person to drop 90k on an interface alone

Timestamped at 1:13:04 if the link doesn't work

Just started

I like it, it looks cool and sounds fun but it just isn't the type of song I'd see myself going back to
Also, it sounded like Ina struggled to hit the high notes, her part seemed to be outside of her range
Kiara hits incredibly high notes as usual but standout are Ame (I think this is the best she's sounded in a song yet, including her King cover lmao) and Guras incredibly melodic opener.

Kiara clip tax about her thoughts on it:

I think the guy might be reading too much into it but I choose to believe it because the thought that its intentional is cute

Overall, I FUCKING LOVE HOLOMYTH

Came across this cancerous thread, and for as much as this place shits on Vshojo (deservedly so), their parading of being the company with talent freedom and nothing else to offer besides that seems to have hooked people anyways.
A look into the replies and qrts and Vshojo is by far the most popular company to join, whilst Hololive is considered as impossibly strict to work with
My bet is that 90% of these indies wants to join Vshojo so they can go on and continue to coombait while being corpo, because thats all they have going for them no actual talents

I just thought its interesting how different the perception of Vshojo is in here compared to whatever corner of twitter that is.

Sorry for asking a potentially dumb question but why are Selen (and apparently Petra) in japan? They don't have any actual 3D debut lined up and as far as I've seen the Niji events with Selen so far uses the Live2D so there is no need to travel.

Also the typhoon as a reason why Pomu and Fiana couldn't make it sounds retarded considering that obviously the planes with Hana and Elira were able to land.
Its probably a visa issue that couldn't be solved in time.

But even if it was the typhoon, that issue could have been avoided if they flew in the talents a bit earlier than just a few days before the event. The Holo ID1 girls were in japan for 2 weeks already before their event so even if a typhoon hit it doesn't matter because they are already on location.

Niji announcing full of confidence that their overseas talents will make it to japan and perform when apparently visa stuff wasn't even finalised yet so they now had to backtrack a ton. This all just looks very unprofessional for anycolor management imo

Clip tax:

Madman Kowkarot made a mega compilation of the EN&ID Among Us that's over 2 hours long. Give it a watch even just to appreciate that mans efforts

paul

Early Adopter
Elevated canine

Oh no, "Colon El" started the "coop"!

Guessing i'm late on these, but screw it, I don't have time to do reps anymore. I mainly just wanted to see if the videos would embed with just a link anyway.

This animator is great, hope he does more clips

In case anyone is still wondering if Vesper really has OCD, here's your answer

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
DOOG BIRTHDAY

EDIT: and a stream in over 2 hours

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom