"I'm sure there are livers out there who have used fanart as 'material' before; Recently I've jerked off to Hoshikawa (Sara)"Gundou Mirei

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'll grant you she's probably terrible at math for real, but if you think Gura is genuinely stupid, I have a bridge to sell you....
just because shes also highly educated does not prevent her from also being very very dumb not just math.Remember the Car shenanigans? or the Plane....most of GTA honestly.

I'm not saying it as an insult by the way Gura is my go to example because popularity.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

lvl8

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru vs Block Game (2023)

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I'll grant you she's probably terrible at math for real, but if you think Gura is genuinely stupid, I have a bridge to sell you....

This commentator has some things to say about Gura's debut stream.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Answers my question from earlier. It's alive

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

ID's resident glowie weirdo and extinct terrestrial megafauna ass huffer attempts to become skillful.

20230327_113233.jpg:gun:
parry this u casul

@Sithis 2nd wife is so loyal

@Azehara wtf

I would make a joke at your expense here @Azehara but that might piss you off, and I think you're a good poster.

A decent match for Aki's streetwear and Moona's gothy or punky outfit.
:vespernosebleed:

Horo7618

No one in particular
just because shes also highly educated does not prevent her from also being very very dumb not just math.Remember the Car shenanigans? or the Plane....most of GTA honestly.

I'm not saying it as an insult by the way Gura is my go to example because popularity.
So, Brooklyn? Williamsburg? We've got a nice deal going on the Verrazzano-Narrows....

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Some thoughts.
  • You're not doomed if you just have a laptop. I stream from what is now a fairly mid-range laptop and, though I have a capture card for consoles, I still primarily play PC games. Granted, not new AAA titles, and I do aspire to one day have enough saved up to get a beastly box so I can play those, but I don't think I'm suffering for lack of things to play currently.
  • Please don't buy game keys from sketchy key reseller sites. If you can't afford a game, get a different game, dip into your backlog, or just wait a week and Steam and/or GOG will have another sale.
  • Regarding costs for a rigged model, I've currently engaged a talented artist and a well-recommended rigger for an eventual model and the total costs are going to come out to around $700. It's not going to be mind-blowing but it should turn out more than fine for a newbie like me. You can go cheaper than the four digits she cites if you don't absolutely need to engage high-demand artists and riggers. (Protip: Artists in developing countries will typically have lower rates than those in expensive ones, but it's not like they can't draw as well. My current Murray art was drawn by artists in the Philippines and Mexico, and I'm very happy with them.)
  • Similarly, when it comes to microphones, I've gotten great results by basically doing everything the guy recommends in this video, including buying the $50 mic he recommends - though I found mine on sale for only $40 at Walmart. (I don't have the boom arm yet, partly because my current set-up doesn't have room for something like that, but I expect to get it soon.) Some of those OBS tweaks really do great to fill out the sound of an affordable mic.
  • There's a lot she doesn't touch on: Stream layouts, scheduling, making videos/clips, how to use OBS without doxing yourself and/or going crazy (the more I use it, the more I'm awestruck people have made multi-million-dollar careers using that piece of garbage). But I guess this is a good start to actually getting a model on screen, which I haven't yet - but that's because I chose to first
  • GO LIVE. Don't wait until you have a sweet model and a bitchin' gaming PC and an amazing mic. Just do it. You'll learn along the way and you can acquire the expensive stuff as you go - or you can flame out and decide it's not for you, in which case you'll have done so before you've dropped several thousand dollars on it.

Yes, I think it's still doxxing, even if nobody cares anymore. I don't think her brother had to do that, and I think her brother probably shouldn't have done it. I guess it is kind of a weird situation in the end.

Good point. I had forgotten the extent to which she had taken some of the horny-on-main stuff she had been doing (partially because EIEN has been like "hold my beer"). When you frame it that way I can agree that some of this backlash becomes all the more inevitable. That said, whether she was doing it or not, these people should have still known better.

I see the similarities in the model, but other than that I agree - Gura has never been all that coombaity from what I've seen. It always gives me pause when people call Gura a loli character since I think that word implies a level of sexualization, and I don't see anything sexual about Gura at all in either her design or behavior.
They are only superficially similar, just like fauna and riifu are superficially similar but that doesn't stop daily threads about how riifu is "fauna but better because she is lewd".

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Ya know, when you phrase it like that,  I feel like a whore.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

You can see how she has experience with black companies.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Two "pure seiso idols" on todays show ^_^ (subtitles included)

YlAkZ02UzAWk

Wait, Tenma actually has heart issues? With all the raging and malding she has on stream? She's definitely gonna die on stream one day.
Wouldn't be a sad girl company if not every girl was sad in some way

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer

this shit

fuck it

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

I don't care if this is a repost; enjoy this fucking weirdo before another organ fucking dies on her.

Free mug with every bag of insanely overpriced coffee.
Fuck, don't give him ideas. I would actually buy the coffee now.
:fishmandispair:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Kronmei love. So cute and sweet

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Two "pure seiso idols" on todays show ^_^ (subtitles included)

Fishman confirmed for poaching Matsuri for Phase JP gen 2.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I posit that Gura is actually really smart. just not in the traditional “I know a lot of sciency shit”

She’s a genius at marketing, is extremely charismatic, knows how Internet culture works and how to use it to her advantage, is insanely good at bouncing off chat and creating a brand, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom