"Pain, yatta!"Mori Calliope

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I have SVCh and use her a lot, didn't get the Vampire Hunter skin yet, and I don't like Type 97 because Ch*nese guns are ugly.
Understandable. I think after SVCH and some of T97's outfit she probably hasn't been hired to do more art for GFL and worked with other gacha games like Arknights (one playable unit + skin) and Azur Lane (plenty of waifu boats from adult hags to lolis so small, josh would have a seizure if he saw it on kiwi), that and her current business as the funni takowife

So at least you don't have to spent more money.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Russia and Britain, finally making amends.

@John Vtuber why are you late? It's time to stream!

Last edited:

hololive ruined /jp/

So 10ma got bullied in europe for being a gypsy and not for being japanese. that makes more sense.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Just throwing out a guess here but I think she likes her new mic.
View attachment 17291
She's been pulling in more viewers than normally with the ASMR which I guess is good and is the goal for a streamer but at the same time it's just leading to more coomers discovering her. Ah well at least it pays the bills
:smugrys:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Sana left not because she couldn't commit to some behind the scenes work, she left because she couldn't commit to the bare minimum of actually streaming at least once in a while and she heavily prioritized her art career over her vtubing career, the latter directly affecting the first because she worked for chinese game whose fanbase has a rabid hateboner for Hololive (Ina's character in it is excluded from all rankings, last in popularity polls and she never did anything for them anymore afterwards).
Sana left because she couldn't keep up all activities, not just streaming (she couldn't dance and she couldn't record for long periods of time because of her back).
as for nagu she still works for manju/yongshi her character in arknights is not popular because it sucks, and the shit sana draws was still popular despite her being a holo, (chinks still hate kson despite leaving, but have no hatebonner for nagu despite her still working for holo)
she is literally putting exactly the same eggs into exactly the same basket that already got her in trouble before - cultivating obsessive fanbase and blowing money on expensive crap.
She wasn't streaming as mike while being rushia, hell I'm pretty sure she didn't even had a YouTube account before she got fired, if she streamed as mike while working for holo, she could have gotten a different audience, or more opportunities to grow on her own yet she relied on holo and only holo for her revenue, roommate and holo are "different baskets".
Streaming on alt is not "putting eggs into a different basket" unless you are doing something different, or there is a good chance of you not being able to stream on main without doing anything bad. If she wasn't a menhera she wouldn't get fired, she is and she will do something incredibly stupid that would ruin her career again and again, just give her time. Ina is a very good example, she does different things as Nagu, so if cover decided to close EN she still has entirely different career unreliant on streaming.
It is "putting eggs in a different basket" streaming is complimentary to holo members, whether they are doing it as their holo persona or their roommate, some are even more popular as their roommate than their holo counterpart because they keep growing both of their audience's, why limit yourself to outer sources of income, even if it's still streaming, most holo audience's aren't fully shared with their roommate's.
You are acting like takodachis when there were bitching about Ina raiding with her guildmates during her break, and not streaming because "she is clearly physically capable of it so why can't she just stream"
Not sure if you checked or not but, most if not all people bitching weren't even takodachi's, i checked her thread on vt the day the info on her playing with friends got shared, and none of them started complaining, they were only posting art, the ones bitching were either falseflaggers or raiding the thread trying to bait.
She had 8 streams in the last two months. That's one stream a week. This isn't "days where she takes breaks" it's "one day a week she still does streams". She simply chooses to spend her time doing side job instead of properly resting which, again, circles back to "they absolutely can do roommate activity and there is nothing in the contract that prevents it". Some choose their free time to be spent on rest, some choose it on work. It's not mandated, it's a personal choice
You are talking about a single month, any time she released a schedule it has "break" or "offline" listed on it, she didn't stream because of her surgery, and even during her recovery, she traveled to Japan to record her holofes performance, she still has time to work as both kronii and dottovu, while also taking breaks to spend with her family and friends, and yet again there are non-compete clauses on their contract, meaning they aren't allowed to do vtubing outside of holo as a whole.
I wouldn't use her as an apples to apples comparison, she left the company on bad terms
No she didn't, rushia and kaoru did, kson is an alumni she didn't get erased from holo.
and even then was able to use her vtuber model just fine.
Not while working for holo.
The part about joining another corpo is probably true, but it was a discussion about currently active members, I sincerely doubt any of them would try to have a gig in two different companies at once, it's just a recipe for disaster.
They can't join a different company while working for holo, no company is retarded enough to allow their workers to join the rival company.
Was it Wactor that actively prohibited you to stream as vtuber while employed by them? I was mostly talking about this kind of "non-compete"
Most if not all corpos do this, kawaii doesn't let you stream period (wether you're vtubing or not) holo seems to be no vtubing outside the company only.

nightowl

Who?
Tenma doesn't look particularly Roma, but who knows. Roma != Romanian

I got the impression she worked in Japan. I recall her mentioning something about her main job that sounded more like Japanese work culture. I believed the Romanian evidence from the start, but figured she wasn't streaming from Romania most of the time. Maybe she's visiting home or something?

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Flaggot in Selen's chat.
and again. He doesn't even stick around. Just hops from chat to chat, saying the same message.

Untitled.png

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Calli was making music and streaming, Kiara was going to conventions and posting cosplay, Ina had multiple characters released in Azur Lane and has an anime ongoing with her as character designer. Aside from anime all of this was during their first year as well, there is objective proof that their contract does not include anything preventing them from doing content on a side or any kind of non-compete clause
There's a big assumption here that everyone's signed the exact same contract with the same clauses. I would imagine Myth would've had more leeway to negotiate specifics given they were joining an experimental branch that could've gone either way; but HoloEN was already established and successful by the time Council/IRyS were signed on so Cover would've had more negotiation power by that point.

Non-competes in entertainment are typically timed and it's not uncommon for talent to want to renegotiate them at the first possible opportunity as being tied to a single company severely limits their career options (PL but I've seen someone lose almost an entire team of contractors before because he refused to lift the non-compete on their contract renewals, which I personally found hilarious because I never liked the guy); so going back to the Kronii/IRyS speculation a few pages ago, it's entirely possible they've re-discussed the terms of their contracts recently that have allowed them to do more "roommate" activity.

You know Gura's just letting her cook lol
1679429882028.png

and again. He doesn't even stick around. Just hops from chat to chat, saying the same message.

View attachment 17300
I see this person around all the time, and it's the exact kind of attention whoring I hate. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just jumping from stream to stream hoping to find the one streamer who'll interrupt everything to say "hi Rapture Queen, trans rights!" or some bullshit like that.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I thought the russian loli was gonna be gura 2.0 for idol but she hasn't made that big of a splash after all, even when they purposefully used her roommate to try and get some of her old audience. I wonder if she would've fared better in Holo or Niji, but I guess the jewish money is just that good.
Non-competes in entertainment are typically timed and it's not uncommon for talent to want to renegotiate them at the first possible opportunity as being tied to a single company severely limits their career options (PL but I've seen someone lose almost an entire team of contractors before because he refused to lift the non-compete on their contract renewals, which I personally found hilarious because I never liked the guy); so going back to the Kronii/IRyS speculation a few pages ago, it's entirely possible they've re-discussed the terms of their contracts recently that have allowed them to do more "roommate" activity.
How do you then stop contractors from getting bribed by companies with more money, poached or fucking off after they got famous from your investment in them? Genuinely interested.

If we talkin' about chuubas, there has never been a case of a vtuber getting poached WHILE IN AN AGENCY, most of the known cases are those who were already out of the door or close to it because of mismanagement or the agency being in the process of dying. I don't want to know how many "HEY YOU THERE! I CAN PAY YOU 10 TIMES WHAT YOU MAKE HERE!" offers people like Gura (or her manager via interception) get.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Well this is some bullshit. First it forces me to download the app, which it has never done before, and then it gets partway through and tells me "download quota exceeded" and asks for money. Any alternatives?

edit: Well that was an adventure. First I had to change to Chrome and start the download, then once it told me I hit the transfer limit I jumped to another country with my vpn, and thankfully Chrome kept the chunk already downloaded and let me finish it.
Try MegaBasterd. You will still have to change your vpn server once you reached the download quota but it will automatically resume downloading after you changed your vpn server.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I thought the russian loli was gonna be gura 2.0 for idol but she hasn't made that big of a splash after all, even when they purposefully used her roommate to try and get some of her old audience. I wonder if she would've fared better in Holo or Niji, but I guess the jewish money is just that good.
She got nerfed hard by youtube due to her model iirc and that's why it has taken so long to get memberships started up, and I think there's also an element of them overestimating the overall market for loli given her stream schedule. If they had it to where she was streaming JP primetime hours or NA/SA primetime hours she'd probably do better.

Edit -
Screenshot_20230321-163747-847.png
Please cross your fingers and pray/hope the best for my wife, I'm too young to be a widower.

Last edited:

this shit

fuck it
If we go by sanctions it's easier to send money in Russia from Israel than from Japan

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
If we talkin' about chuubas, there has never been a case of a vtuber getting poached WHILE IN AN AGENCY, most of the known cases are those who were already out of the door or close to it because of mismanagement or the agency being in the process of dying. I don't want to know how many "HEY YOU THERE! I CAN PAY YOU 10 TIMES WHAT YOU MAKE HERE!" offers people like Gura (or her manager via interception) get.
Wasn't Rosemi originally a Tsunderia talent? Ria the rat. She'd only debuted for a little while before dropping them when she got the Niji invite. I think she caught some flack for it when people realised & I don't remember much drama behind the scenes regarding it, mostly just opportunism on her part.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

View attachment 17300

I see this person around all the time, and it's the exact kind of attention whoring I hate. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just jumping from stream to stream hoping to find the one streamer who'll interrupt everything to say "hi Rapture Queen, trans rights!" or some bullshit like that.
Oh hey, found his old Twatter and Deviantart.

Dude's a coomer obsessed with Lesbians by the look of it.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Wasn't Rosemi originally a Tsunderia talent? Ria the rat. She'd only debuted for a little while before dropping them when she got the Niji invite. I think she caught some flack for it when people realised & I don't remember much drama behind the scenes regarding it, mostly just opportunism on her part.
She was, and I still see it getting thrown at her on /vt/ pink woman seethe threads from time to time.

It might seem cynical to a degree, but I genuinely can't fault her for it. If someone else is offering a better deal it makes sense to take it, Niji offered better numbers, and especially with the hindsight we have now knowing Tsunderia were way out of their depth as a corpo and probably didn't have much going for them behind the scenes that'd encourage talents to stick around.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
I don't really listen to vocaloid music but I've recently become obsessed with Yuyoyuppe's SICK EP.

It's some kind of strange mix between metal and vocaloid. Every song on this album is great, especially the second to last song "Datte". So naturally, as vtubers tend to cover vocaloid songs, I wondered if any of my favorite vtubers would ever do a cover of one of these songs.
monkeys-paw-paw.gif

So of course this gets recommended to me.

My opinions on the artist aside, she is obviously talented and it's not a bad cover, though I still prefer the original. I then went looking to see if there were other vtuber covers of this song and found quite a few, including one by Trash Panda members Aerize and Zephyrianna.

I had only heard of the Trash Panda guys before, the others seem to be two views focused on music.

Fauna's birthday stream is in less than an hour with some kind of follow up stream 2 hours later.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom