"You know you are in South East Asia when you have the following: dogs barking in the background, a TV open because a family member is watching, bunch of banana and mangoes, palm trees, coconuts... motorcycle noises outside, do you guys have flying cockroaches too?"Millie Parfait

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkia

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Dottovu changed her twitter pfp and her banner.
View attachment 17277
Surely this doesn't mean anything, and she only changed it because she wanted to, just like namirin/irys...right?
:dandanl:View attachment 17278:dandanl:
Maybe cover changed their contract details on what they can do as their roomates, hence namirin/irys changing her "hiatus" status.
I really doubt there's any rules about side projects and roommates, seeing as Karen constantly did stuff as DemonDice even though that's probably the worst keept roommate secret in all of vtubing. Well, other than the rule that you can't explicitly admit to being both.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Calli was making music and streaming, Kiara was going to conventions and posting cosplay, Ina had multiple characters released in Azur Lane and has an anime ongoing with her as character designer. Aside from anime all of this was during their first year as well, there is objective proof that their contract does not include anything preventing them from doing content on a side or any kind of non-compete clause
The Kson joining vshojo situation does seem to hint at there being some sort of noncompete, since she did it exactly 1 year after leaving holo.
I still want to give the person that is in charge of selection process for Myth a drink. I think part of the success that Myth got is due to them finding the right person to pilot their 2D.
Myth was this weird moment in chuuba history that changed everything, it might've still happened with another EN group, but I think Hololive's trajectory of courting EN audiences for the better part of early and mid 2020, plus the pandemic, and the large contingent of clippers they had built up, was the special combination of circumstances that led to the knockout success they had with myth.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I still think Holo's recruiting tactic of finding people with talent, skill and potential first, and vtubing qualifications second, pays off far more in the long run.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Team Snake Bite is online, practicing! rpr is also there, despite not only not being their coach, but also being a coach for another team.

Now we are hitting real team building moments, people malding seriously, not for a stream bit. rpr is a good coach, he is talking as it is, then finding something positive to point out.

Axel made a call, Selen made another, Altare sided with Selen. Later rpr sided with Selen and explained why, Axel was misunderstending the situation at the moment of making that decision. The game after that Axel was still mad and made a risky move. Later rpr told him to chill and walk around, saying IGL (in game leader) showing to his team he is malding can have bad consequences. Axel said every decision he makes gets shit on, rpr welcomed him to IGL position, lol. Looks like Axel calmed down.

At some point, chat went into members only mode.
Now it is subscriber only mode, things are looking pretty much normal.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Does this have anything to do with a certain fox girl and her views of masculinity?
1679419505723.png

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Well this is some bullshit. First it forces me to download the app, which it has never done before, and then it gets partway through and tells me "download quota exceeded" and asks for money. Any alternatives?
I just use megabasterd to download off mega without an account or their extension. They "recommend" getting an api key but I've never needed it. Also ignore the weird ass branding on it, it works great.

Limkin

The Kson joining vshojo situation does seem to hint at there being some sort of noncompete, since she did it exactly 1 year after leaving holo
I wouldn't use her as an apples to apples comparison, she left the company on bad terms and even then was able to use her vtuber model just fine. The part about joining another corpo is probably true, but it was a discussion about currently active members, I sincerely doubt any of them would try to have a gig in two different companies at once, it's just a recipe for disaster. Was it Wactor that actively prohibited you to stream as vtuber while employed by them? I was mostly talking about this kind of "non-compete"
Edit: just to clarify, I think there is a good chance for kson that it was part of a settlement with cover for letting themselves go of each other, not in original agreement. Someone who worked for so long, initially applied as a manager and if rumors are true, actively participated in starting an entire branch, you want to chain this sort of person before they leave a company as hard as possible to make sure they don't reveal (intentionally or not) sensitive info

May I ask again for dedicated strategy games and/or metal singer vtuber who isn't a complete crackhead?

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Fillian dying when Melody tells her what JOI is

Also is this some sick April fools joke from the far future?

I was curious and googled her name. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something familiar about those links.

View attachment 17289

Enjoy your gypsy curse

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Tenmama....

we_like_older_women.jpg

No I do not have anymore pixels
Don't fall for the mama, third marriage and even angrier than Tenma by what she said.
Also probably the Romanian part of her family.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Is this new?
Definitive proof of Tenma's PL as m1sskek that later turned into the 2view account who collabed with 2view NotPippa, with a Romanian flag and her voice. Posted on /vt/:

At 5:14

I was curious and googled her name. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something familiar about those links.

1679421276381.png

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Don't fall for the mama, third marriage and even angrier than Tenma by what she said.
Probably just misspoke, but third re-marriage. That'd be 4 total if taken literally.

Also scrolling down after the IRyS Megaman stream tweet.....so many keyboards posted, why are tweeters encouraging this. She says she's trying to slow down on buying keyboards and then they all start spamming pics at her!

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Riro opened up memberships earlier, and some oilers were in her chat gifting 100 subs each. Probably 250 or so given out so far.

kukkia

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Should be fine if he's willing to hit back, and never drops his wallet. Dropping a wallet will attract the entire 79 member extended family and they'll steal everything that's not nailed down.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
With Omegaltare.

To be entirely fair here, when Kiara got ran out of the idol business after leaving her family to live in Japan on her own at age fifteen or sixteen, she did candid interviews as her shot at revenge, and started/completed vocational training in the hotel business.

She did have a fallback option, she'd previously shown to not be shy about grasping at other opportunities (trying to get into Lufthansa), and she'd already dealt with disappointment once before.

She's emotional and insecure, but I'm confident she wouldn't break. She wouldn't get her dreams, but she'd have a life.

If she was the type to break, she'd have broken long before.
I was going to post something similar. There is a clip somewhere saying she was ready to give up her dreams after the whole covid and Olympics thing fell through to go be a wagie somewhere, probably in the hospitality industry. She's probably have been a depressed tour guide or hotel employee somewhere getting harassed by drunk horny Italian tourists.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Also scrolling down after the IRyS Megaman stream tweet.....so many keyboards posted, why are tweeters encouraging this. She says she's trying to slow down on buying keyboards and then they all start spamming pics at her!
Keyboard autists have worse spending habits than the average tech-related hobby

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Katta's ASMR arc is...um...interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom