"BOOMER RIAJUUUUUUU!"Elira Pendora

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Here's hoping Hololive intensified their background check for their EN3, wouldn't want this kind of shit ruining the whole mood of the branch.

The last thing I want is HoloEN members vagueposting in twitter or in videos.

Also, apologies if this have been posted here:

It's Mafia Wars

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Any rrats on why he left a comment so fast? Not even more than 4 hours later and he just knows, is he a Pippa vod watcher?
Pippa reached a lot of people with the Hogwarts shit, so I imagen she ended up on a lot of different people's radars.

paul

Early Adopter
Pomu when Arknights
I finally watched Kilia's privated drinking stream. Boy, the wine hit her really hard around the 1:30 hours mark - and she emptied the whole bottle till the end of the stream. Went full needy girlfriend at some points and phrased some things in really questionable ways. Need an example?
Right after that she started screaming but I spare your ears that part :fubukiyabai!:.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Any rrats on why he left a comment so fast? Not even more than 4 hours later and he just knows, is he a Pippa vod watcher?
Likely answer is he has a friend who watches her and relayed it to him or something.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
We'll make a VTuber out of Donut Operator yet.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
1678521938927.png

Wow, Henri's handiwork on the Vtuber wiki is getting some attention.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Pomu when Arknights
I finally watched Kilia's privated drinking stream. Boy, the wine hit her really hard around the 1:30 hours mark - and she emptied the whole bottle till the end of the stream. Went full needy girlfriend at some points and phrased some things in really questionable ways. Need an example?
Right after that she started screaming but I spare your ears that part :fubukiyabai!:.
:coomer:Okay I'll cuddle with you but we gotta move the boobs in a couple inches to the middle....I just can't otherwise.... :shiinastare:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Awful mixing and cheesy scripts
Fq7FES9X0AEWtAo

1678525845882.png

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Edit: Maybe it's not such a good thing that she is on his radar...

Presumably this tweet:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Shouldn't matter wtf they think because they shouldn't be ranting to me about it mid-stream.
Unless it's a position you agree with, of course. Then it's based and shit.
Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi is currently debuting a neat N64 inspired model

The model is neat, but god damn is there a lot of dead air. Really makes you appreciate chuubas who don't have that. It's surprisingly hard work.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I’m in the Sayu Discord mostly to see her responses to see if I want to stay.
She is rebranding 35D4E545-1FF2-4395-9826-C44CEDC61994.jpeg
She confirms she’s planning on addressing thing later on, so a response is in the works
9DEB23DF-EB5B-49DA-9E9C-5D0D398EFA77.jpeg

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I noticed after posting this that IRyS herself is mirrored. Compare to my profile picture; white hornament, hair accessory, and eye color are all flipped. Her kimono and dark wing are flipped too. Easy enough to fix, right? You just mirror the whole image! ...except for that darned sign...
So, I combined my nil artistic ability, extremely minor technical know-how, an online photoshop clone website, and autism to do my best at flipping the sign! It looks decent if you don't look closely. By the time I noticed that some of my lines were wonky, it was already too late to fix them.

I've also been stalking the artists social media profiles, and he's aware of the mirror issue. So there's a chance he might fix it officially? Or if any of you are better at art/photo-editing than me and want to take a crack at it, be my guest. The only issues I can tell are an extremely minor perspective shift, and the major problem: the lighting. If anyone does better let me know, because I might want to crop this to use as a phone wallpaper if it can fit.

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
I don't know, maybe some of the people here should stop acting like it's completely normal not to wait even a day before they fire her to jump around with constant "we're the good guys, we didn't do anything wrong, she's the bad guy, we're not sucking our company's dick at all", and let the girl who is being insulted, and have people wishing for her to hopefully kill herself, talk.

Maybe it's just me being schizo for thinking that jumping in to accept the words, and defend, and act like the people on XSOLEIL can't tell a lie when they proved they can't wait a day to jump in the bandwagon to try to clear their own names when they're not even the ones being attacked lol.

Sayu was doxed without a day having passed since her termination was announced, but her supposed colleagues are the ones who are right, putting her further under the bus when she hasn't had time to clarify anything on her side. They may be absolutely right that the girl is a piece of shit, and yet it reflects terrible on them to have done that to someone when their own fans (Niji's fan base) want to eat her alive.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Zaion essay under spoiler. :zaionwhatsgoingon:

We have two sources for Niji's version of events: Niji's suspension and termination notices, and XSoliel's statements. Zaion/Sayu's version of events is currently limited to liked comments and spicy vague-posting on Twitch.

My thoughts on the announcements:
- The termination announcement confirmed that stealth suspensions are real. Some people argued that Cover should have done this for Vesper. I really don't like this approach. It places responsibility on the talent to lie, more blatantly in some cases than others. E.g. At the time of Vesper's suspension, he had already said he'd rather stream than visit his family for the holidays. It also breeds rrats about every unannounced break going forward. But it's possible that management sometimes gives the talents a choice: "You're suspended. Do you want to cover it up or do you want us to announce it?"
- About the reasons given: "They're really petty" vs "A corpo has the right to expect these" - open to argument. "Other livers did many of these things" - fact. "Other livers don't do all these things at once" - also fact. "Other livers were punished when they did these things" - I don't know whether that's true.
- My speculation: Management jumped down Zaion's throat for something they should have let go, e.g. dark jokes. Zaion looked at other people doing the same thing and seethed about it, then doubled down on stuff she should not have, e.g. running her mouth on stream about fighting with management over her old accounts. Then things spiralled. You can swap whoever started it.
- More detail vs less detail: The level of detail is definitely intended to get people on Anycolor's side. But regardless of whether or not Anycolor intended it, it makes Zaion unemployable to JP corpos at the very least. And there's the reason corpos are often vague, and the reason why employers have codes for bad references. The more you say, the more likely it is that an ex-employee can accuse you of slander or wrongful termination. I do not know if Zaion has any legal ground to stand on, or whether it would be wise for her to sue even if she did. But as things stand, she is pretty much forced to address the situation. Contrast with Yugo/U-san and even Oceane/Zoey, who aren't admitting wrongdoing but are also (currently) content with "I'm thankful you found me" sentiments instead of spicy vague-posts.
- Adding on Zaion's likes on her PL account as an offense is a dangerous precedent. I'll admit I'm a hypocrite because I wished something would happen to Kyo for liking comments attacking Zaion using his PL, but now I think I'd rather not have it on either of their rap sheets.

My thoughts on XSoliel's statements:
- A group stream like HoloJP3 and Kawaii did might have been more prepared, but individual streams are fine in principle, following the precedent of Noctyx and Yugo. If XSoliel knew Zaion's termination was coming, they had the time to think about what they wanted to say when the announcement dropped.
- These statements really do a lot to make people think Zaion deserved to be terminated.
-- For Rushia, the main things that showed the termination was necessary and not just corpo BS were the massive short-term cost Cover incurred in canning her before 3rd Fes, and that the other talents were sad but accepting of Rushia's fate.
-- For Yugo there was less acceptance; there was NijiEN Sad Day on Twitter and Uki went as far as to say that they fought for Yugo.
-- Zaion though... I can see how Kotoka can be taken out of context, but I think she was disappointed that Zaion didn't take her advice. But Ver goes into a lot more detail than I would want an ex-colleague to, explicitly saying that this wasn't a "one oopsie, you're out situation, this was a compilation of several rule breaks, one rule after another" and so on.
-- I'll add that it's possible that Zaion's unfiltered commentary has backfired on Ver before, and not just on herself. If so, and if there's more of that behind the scenes, that sheds some light on any negative feelings her former genmates have expressed.
- Having said all that, I don't think Zaion is a backstabber. From this post in her termination archive thread:
Okay so interestingly, I just watched one of her streams in the bg all the way through (genshin alhaitham pull stream if you need the car fax). This was streamed approximately 3 weeks ago and she constantly repeated how she's "the trouble child" and how often she "gets in trouble." She spoke very warmly about her genmates and several other senpai (Iluna being the ones to have helped her the most). I'm starting to think the management rrat I had isn't so far-fetched here....
Also can confirm, she says she did not know about the ban on using older accounts and that no one told her before she was forced to scrub her streams. She brought up something about "being able to EVENTUALLY use her older accounts" but idk what she meant by this?
It does seem like she's got a bone to pick with management and isn't afraid to air out her dirty laundry lmfao
(Kinda based but I see where the bullet points are coming into play)
If this is accurate, even if Zaion fought with her genmates and senpais as Kotoka and Ver imply, she never held it against them. She might feel differently now though. It's also possible that the fights only occurred after Zaion's suspension.

I don't think niji is bad, even though i don't watch their livers i still think a vtuber industry with two major powers is infinitely better than one with only one agency that monopolizes everything. The fact is neither niji nor holo wins out over the other in all categories, and neither is perfect or blameless. This very forum praised the nijis back in october-december when they were looking better than the stagnant hololive, so don't kid yourselves and act like you "always knew how bad it was".
View attachment 16141
A graph of what roles i think each agency fullfills, neither side is "correct"
I think that graph oversells the kayfabe aspect of Hololive (outside of Luna, who is weeb Andy Kaufman). The character settings quickly become limited to jokes and conversation framers while the talent openly talk about their real lives.

Niji = black is mostly a meme, but I think they do do somewhat more retarded flailing than Holo, whose worst offense was when they suddenly found themselves persona non grata in a foreign market they were trying to expand into and were backstabbed by a bunch of their local talents there.
There's kayfabe as in lore. I agree that's reserved for debuts, media (e.g. Non-Fiction, Jouya Repaint, the HoloX manga) and fanworks.

Then there's kayfabe as in maintaining a persona with boundaries, however loose or tight those boundaries are. Examples are how Gura is still a gremlin, but no longer a drunken gremlin, and how Fauna prefers to tease her powerlevel instead of going all out. I think Holo has more talents who do that, and to a greater extent, than Niji, though there are exceptions like the NijiJP who graduated immediately after telling the story he had in mind (also an outlier in the lore type of kayfabe). Meanwhile VShojo-adjacents (less so VShojo themselves) will just write all of that off as "being inauthentic".

Last edited:

Jealous

Lurker

Limkin

It's hard to stay in-character, when a character is forced on you with no consideration of who you are, how you behave and what is your personality. They probably try to pick people at least somewhat based on it, but as evident it doesn't always work out. Indies and people who had full control over it have no excuse though, you chose who you want to be, and if you don't act accordingly then you should've picked something else. Although some people have such massive presence that a model wears them, not the other way around. Like when Rin's mom was using it, she changed everything down to little mannerisms and details in movements and facial impressions, you wouldn't expect a live2d to be able to convince

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Onolumi has streamed twelve different games in two weeks.

Her ridiculous streaming hours (I should tally them up at some point... I'm suspicious she's up there with Kaela) aside, that's insane and I'm honestly wondering how she even remembers the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom