"Sleeping is just like a free trial version of death you know what I'm saying?"Axel Syrios

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Well there you are. Seems like life has just gotten in the way of Moom streaming at the moment. Hopefully not anything serious.

Autisticus

She remembers her old days, an outfit reveal could get her more than 50k ccv.

View attachment 14366
This is Rushia's outfit reveal peak ccv (I think).

This just shows she's still not moving on from her termination, and that is quite sad and concerning. Does she even still hang out with her old friends? I hope they still do.
She's been moving on in many ways, but she's still a bit disconnected on what being a vtuber outside of the Hololive-YouTube market blob means. Especially on Twitch where only a handful of Japanese streamers can get 10k viewers period.

Back on Rushia's birthday this year, she outright told us she was terrified of how she would react on that day, but found herself feeling surprisingly okay when she distracted herself by twitcasting all night and having people to talk to. She's also been showing way more willingness/desire to define herself as someone more than a former Hololive streamer.

She just doesn't have reasonable expectations for how to measure success at the moment. Her fans donate stupid amounts of money relative to her average CCV and buy merch at a rate that Vshojo stated far exceeded their expectations. She just needs to be consistent in streaming and stop letting the remaining JP antis drive her into paywalling everything out of fear.

As far as keeping in contact with her friends, she has vaguely confirmed she has in the past, at least some of them, but has not been doing so recently.

She's developed a fear of leaving her home and is basically a shut-in right now. She will go to the convenience store right before they close at night and to any appointments she absolutely has to keep, but is not leaving her home otherwise.

For about a solid month and a half, she has also been functionally nocturnal and has streamed from like 2am to 11am JST before going to sleep. She's had severe insomnia and gets lonely to the point that her fans will tell her to go to bed (and thus let them go to bed since most of them have to work in the morning) and then an hour later she will start another stream and practically beg us to keep her company because she can't sleep.

I realize this is the third wall of text I've spat out about this now, but I genuinely do like her a lot despite all the issues and can't help but get invested. She's made progress in many areas compared to last year and I'm happy to see it, but it sucks to see her develop new issues in their wake.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm pretty certain kson has sat down with Nazuna and explained it to her in clear terms, but something tells me she just wasted her time. Who knows maybe it will eventually dawn on her that life outside of the holoconsumersphere is different.

Anyway clueless hope woman will play Loli Souls

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Kobo and "Gabus" animation

And new cover from Moon Jelly

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Keep in mind that all attempts on /vt/ to pretend that Silvervale is actually le based and redpilled, Trump-voting tradwife material aside, she almost certainly isn't. The people attacking her are people who she thought were friends and allies, likeminded souls and genuine fans, only for them to collectively not even turn their backs on her, but outright attacking her for heresy on account of... playing a game of whose source material she has fond childhood memories.

It is not easy to break with one's social circle for years on a dime. And I'm not terribly convinced that she's necessarily all that fond of the le actually based and redpilled, Trump-voting, girl shut up and stay in the kitchen parts of the audience she has gained, either.

Her trying to cling on to pre-wizard game normalcy, when she wasn't yet aware how deranged some parts of the internet are, is understandable.
This is why I find the current social justice culture especially insidious compared to more traditional trolling; it's emotionally manipulative in a way that affects a lot of people who in other situations would absolutely know better than to take an extreme stance over someone playing a fucking video game. If some rando starts spamming SJW buzzwords at you it's easy to tell them to fuck off and be done with it, but if a longtime friend you otherwise respect sends you their emotionally-driven concerns (or "concerns", depending on the person) it's much harder to respond abrasively, even if what they're saying has no basis in reality whatsoever.

It's also genuinely upsetting having to let go of people who used to be chill but have lost themselves in Current Thing politisperging. I miss the days when "agree to disagree" was the default reaction to political differences.

It might interest some to know that Phase Connect are looking for more mods.

If you feel like you could help tard wrangle some sad girls and do a better job than Xalamon, feel free to apply.
C'mon Henri, beat Xalabussy at his own game. You can make Phase Connect great again.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Did someone namedrop us in the farms again? Why did we just gain 4 members in under an hour?
Edit: Indeed, Thomas thalus broke containment :cursedpeko:

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha will be having fun with pixel art animation again

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Niji moving to their next victim

You know I expect Discordfags to support this but am surprised some people here are onboard, rather pathetic.

As for Anycolor, wtf is going on with them. First Khyo and now False, both for the same bs reason, very strange. Why are they doing this?

SZ 109

On copyright, possible less discussed points to bolster fair use claims:
(Assuming they’re claiming the livestreams as the copyrighted material)

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
Clips being a small portion of a much longer livestream could be argued.

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Looking only at "the copyrighted work” in question, would the claim that the clips being used harm the market or value of the livestream archive itself hold up?
Specific to this context, a significant portion of the revenue has already been collected in the form of donations, and the bulk of the ad revenue from views come right after the archive goes up.
A counterargument could instead be made that such clips instead draw traffic towards said archive instead of away from it.

Ensok

Early Adopter

I'm expecting at least three solid hours for Assault on the Control Room. It's not the most difficult level but it is physically the longest in the entire franchise if you don't skip any areas which Sava obviously won't do.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

I'm expecting at least three solid hours for Assault on the Control Room. It's not the most difficult level but it is physically the longest in the entire franchise if you don't skip any areas which Sava obviously won't do.

Ah, I see she's continuing her take on Freeman's Mind, where Master Chief is actually three Grunts standing on each other's shoulders inside a suit of stolen MJOLNIR armor.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Look, I'm not False's biggest fan either, but he doesn't deserve to be struck out of existence by spurious DMCA claims. Nobody does. Niji is definitely in the wrong here and they're risking some major damage to their brand if they keep this up.
Oh I agree. Copyright abuse is against my morals and I don't like the process. I disagree that this will have lasting damage to the brand, though. No one cares or even remembers that Cover did this to that chick calling chumbuds pedos. No one cares that Toei and Nintendo do shit like this on the regular. Drama has a lifespan of a few days regardless of how ass-blastingly volatile it is (took people 4 days to forget Enna went on a massive racist stereotype tirade on stream).

As a completely separate thought: I do not like 'News' channels that cultivate audiences of dramafags, tribalists and V-Tuber antis seeking validation and believe my little hobby would be better off without them. I have no sympathy for people who make a living off the stress and misery of our oshis when something goes wrong.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Sava spends nearly 15 minutes talking about her throwing up habits.

Why can I never find a normal woman?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Did someone namedrop us in the farms again? Why did we just gain 4 members in under an hour?
Edit: Indeed, Thomas thalus broke containment :cursedpeko:
People had already mentioned the site (by name, which I didn't do) it a few pages back, then Ralph posted a direct link right below my post.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Sava spends nearly 15 minutes talking about her throwing up habits.

Why can I never find a normal woman?
No need for normal women, you're a gaogetter now. Enjoy the pregnancy
Mu1ELTSXzI9LYXgLg7I5y8RDxPuB3KSGLkhHimEcU4Ter4e4cyrmRsKzbdT70R5Jv7SMczUxvxs=w48-h48-c-k-nd

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
It might interest some to know that Phase Connect are looking for more mods.

If you feel like you could help tard wrangle some sad girls and do a better job than Xalamon, feel free to apply.
They need a wrangler for the Mods though. Fishman, make sure to get some extra ones for spares, it might become very stressful for them if they get out of line. :annoyedpippa: Just delete TOS violations jannys, you're not cute, you're not funny you're not a manager and you're not smarter then the Vtuber.
I can't watch stream atm but someone try and take notes/archive the Yuko member stream please, from what I'm reading we may have already reached the point of critical mass where she has expressed genuine concern over cultivating a fanbase of deranged lunatics lmao
How did Yuko get up so early? I missed it too but it's still goin at 4+ hours, that's a hell of a members stream :shiinastare:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
vTuber Cringe posted snaps from a Twitter account that just reposts trending Twitch Clips. The one in question is from the /r/livestreamfail topic about Silver. And the comments on that Clip talking about "Twitter Freaks" clearly demonstrate they haven't learned a fucking thing.

Some fun selections -
View attachment 14369View attachment 14368
View attachment 14370View attachment 14371
View attachment 14373View attachment 14374View attachment 14375
:selenpointandlaugh:

Remember, kids, when you virtue signal on twitter, these are the audience you're cultivating.

This is why you keep politics out of VTubing!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
People had already mentioned the site (by name, which I didn't do) it a few pages back, then Ralph posted a direct link right below my post.
No worries, you did our country a great service by contributing to the isolation and control of dangerous individuals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom