"I really just genuinely like chocolate bananas and wieners!!!"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

In these trying times, I offer to you fellow men with voice changer enjoyers, this small corp called Mold Connect.

☣️

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

In these trying times, I offer to you fellow men with voice changer enjoyers, this small corp called Mold Connect.

☣️

Do you think Pippa send her some mold samples?

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Watching these Hololive 3D models up close hurts my soul. While they have a greater range of motion, they sorely lack expression and detail that the Live2D models have.

Subaru has one of my favorite Live2D models and holy shit is it a shocker when she's using her 3D model while streaming.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Do you think Pippa send her some mold samples?
Do you think there's a chance Fishman decided to proceed with Phase Connect's Bioweapons Research Division?

FbtfolIWQAEzqLw.jpeg

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Watching these Hololive 3D models up close hurts my soul. While they have a greater range of motion, they sorely lack expression and detail that the Live2D models have.

Subaru has one of my favorite Live2D models and holy shit is it a shocker when she's using her 3D model while streaming.
On the one hand, it sucks to have your favorite streamers use shitty models. On the other hand, having more people use 3D will probably improve future generations of 3D models.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
They're retarded on so many levels, because KF is still alive (maybe not at the moment due to hardware update down time), Poast was a thing before here, and now we have our own place here. The tards don't realize they're hating on their own and thinking they're being raided when it's their own stupidity.
I'm impressed that they somehow notice a drop in post quality, when that entire site has been completely worthless since 2014.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
On the one hand, it sucks to have your favorite streamers use shitty models. On the other hand, having more people use 3D will probably improve future generations of 3D models.
I'm sure tech will improve. It always does. The 3D models themselves aren't bad per se, it's just the weird jank in the eyes and the mouth being open almost the entire stream that weirds me out.

I'm not sure why I'm so passionate about this, but I guess that's what being a retard on this forum is like.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
It’s true in a lot of media that 2d looks better than 3d. I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to think that the live2d’s look better than the 3d models, even regardless of the tech-levels involved. That’s why things like Octopath Traveller still exist despite having the capability to make 3d models that would be far more ‘advanced’ than the sprites. Even if 3d were somehow literally perfect, there would still be a place for 2d.

But really it all just boils down to the fact that 2d girls>3d girls.

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
Are a bunch of vtubers getting clapped by youtube? I'm late and gay can someone fill me in?

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I wonder how long it'll take for us to hit page 1000 here?

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Are a bunch of vtubers getting clapped by youtube? I'm late and gay can someone fill me in?
JewTube updated TOS to nuke ASMR.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I wonder how long it'll take for us to hit page 1000 here?
Depends on how long the rest of the displaced Kiwibros take to find this place, I guess.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
JewTube updated TOS to nuke ASMR.
I personally hate ASMR, I don't get it, but I really hate having more things taken away from people that they enjoy.
Edit: Sorry for the phone posting.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Gura is live

Glad we have another forum to post about our favorite 2d anime girls. I like this over Poast.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

The older 3D models for Live2D girls are kinda bad. They could really use updating. I think the newer ones look a lot better. Myth's are really good, imo, I actually prefer Gura's 3D over her Live2D cuz her face rigging is so fucking bad on her 2D.

Moona has met a couple JPs so far. She tried to meet Calli, but Calli didn't have time since she was leaving for America. Moona wants to come back soon to meet more girls, but this trip is mostly gonna be whoever she sees at 3D studio, since everyone is busy and they don't have a lot of free time.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Did yours get shipped from Japan? I think with the newer nendos they usually take long due to shipping issues. If Banana got his on mid-October, then probably had to do with some of the Japan Covid shipping issues/second run of the limited edition. I love a lot of the Hololive merch, but holy shit does it take forever to ship and get places.
I'm... not actually sure. I was just happy to have them sent to the right address despite some moving fuckery that's been going on for me. I ordered them on goodsmile US if that answers anything aha. If I remember to check when I end up at the other place I'l
Edit: I got smart mid reply and dug through emails. Apparently shipping did start from Japan.

On one hand, Amogus. On the other hand since I'll have to watch it anyway, I REALLY hope the girls do that thing where they wear each others costumes, have someone ELSE's names while VC is on.

The older 3D models for Live2D girls are kinda bad. They could really use updating. I think the newer ones look a lot better. Myth's are really good, imo, I actually prefer Gura's 3D over her Live2D cuz her face rigging is so fucking bad on her 2D.
Yeah I feel like anything pre.. gen4ish? Could probably use a fairly decent update, and 4/5 could probably get away with being prettied up a bit and getting more fluid animation. Of course I wouldn't hate them getting a full update either. Gen0 girls for obvious reasons, typically get 3D updates often enough. Even Myth got some extra updates to smooth them out, as with Gura's hoodie wiggle and HoloX started off pretty clean since they're the newest.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Gura is live

Glad we have another forum to post about our favorite 2d anime girls. I like this over Poast.

The triumphant return of man-eater

Also Tenma shares her Trauma in Koe's chat after he watches her get teabagged by her dad in South Park

kestraline

Early Adopter
Want to become a PhaseConnect sad girl? Pippa has the stream for you.

Also I need to start opening this place up regularly like I did with the farms oops.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Altare is streaming Spore.

Behold! "Vespore Noir":

vespore.PNG

vespore2.PNG

vespore3.PNG

Edit:
It looks like the vod is private now. I suspect it might be because Altare briefly flashed his open windows on screen while pulling the game back up after showing off the art of his desktop background.

Last edited:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
(Hey guys, I lurked the fuck out of the VTuber thread at the farms so I figured I'd actually join up here)

Watching the Gura stream and there's something oddly fulfilling about seeing her tackle Man-Eater again. I dunno why... Something about how much she got discouraged and sad last time and seeing her getting it and enjoying herself now is a nice little wholesome story arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom