"Ahem agham, ugh I just choked on my saliva"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Going to attribute that to naive optimism and a sense of loyalty to the company that gave you a chance. Didn't Lisa quit college and her mother forced her to get a job? A bit sad if she ends up quitting Vtubing in its entirety and goes to college.
I'm pretty sure she's not working where her mom works anymore. Recently she said she doesn't have that job anymore but didn't delve into why, seemed like some sort of messup or workplace drama. She said she's okay for now from streaming and commission work she does, so it remains to be seen what will happen. It seems like she really wants to keep vtubing though and has said so multiple times.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I'm pretty sure she's not working where her mom works anymore. Recently she said she doesn't have that job anymore but didn't delve into why, seemed like some sort of messup or workplace drama.
She might have only talked about it in members only, but tldr without getting into details and only based on my memory: her mom got fired around Christmas time, and that put her in a really awkward position.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Might be wishful thinking with the recent influx of Jewish money into the small corpo scene.
I was curious so I found some more context on this from one of Aviel's tweets about a Phase Invaders style gen in Idol.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I was curious so I found some more context on this from one of Aviel's tweets about a Phase Invaders style gen in Idol.

I really think there's not much downside for small corpos to take this approach. They save money on commissioning a new model for their talent, and the talent brings their existing audience with them into the corpo so they don't have to start from zero. Maybe things get weird when it comes to rights to make merch, but if PC figured it out successfully, Idol probably can too.

Some of Holo's first gen were "invaders" too, right? Roboco and Suisei?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I really think there's not much downside for small corpos to take this approach. They save money on commissioning a new model for their talent, and the talent brings their existing audience with them into the corpo so they don't have to start over from zero. Maybe things get weird when it comes to rights to make merch, but if PC figured it out to decent success, Idol probably can too.

Some of Holo's first gen were "invaders" too, right? Roboco and Suisei?
Roboco is weird, iirc. Her model was create outside of Cover, but her actress was hired to play her after the character was made. Suisei was more like Invaders, in that she made her avatar and was streaming with it before she joined Hololive.

Apparently Idol gives their talents a stack of cash to make their avatars and whatever else, right? I'd think they would just be able to deduct some flat amount from that initial cost from people who already had their own personas.

Kalion

:)
Apparently Idol gives their talents a stack of cash to make their avatars and whatever else, right?
I always thought this was a really weird thing about small corpos: Very few of them seem to give a shit that their new employees actually have the equipment to do their job. For Tsunderia, Meru started with a potato PC that could barely handle running a PC game and streaming at the same time. Yuuuna for a long time used a very loud laptop which you could hear the overtaxed fan in her microphone. Nen still uses a shitty laptop that runs Apex at 10FPS.
You'd think you would want to make sure the people you're sending out to make you money actually have the tools needed to make you money.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I always thought this was a really weird thing about small corpos: Very few of them seem to give a shit that their new employees actually have the equipment to do their job. For Tsunderia, Meru started with a potato PC that could barely handle running a PC game and streaming at the same time. Yuuuna for a long time used a very loud laptop which you could hear the overtaxed fan in her microphone. Nen still uses a shitty laptop that runs Apex at 10FPS.
You'd think you would want to make sure the people you're sending out to make you money actually have the tools needed to make you money.
Ideally yes, but what are you going to do, ship them a one or two thousand dollar computer and hope for the best and that they don't just run off with it? At least with digital assets you can always duplicate them and give them to someone else. Though after a long enough period it would make sense to send them some hardware as they've shown that they're sticking around.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
If I had to make a guess it's because every time they seemed to get eyes on them, they stepped back and failed to capitalize on any momentum they gained.

Kana was and is still known for random hiatuses, and she was their first big break out.
Char slowed her streaming down and squandered her initial explosive growth. She was very, very well liked in the pre-HoloEN ENvtuber community and collabed with a lot of people who was big at the time (including YuniLuna). Then she just dropped off.
Purin... poor Purin. Life hates her. She's taken long breaks due to getting Covid (twice. The first time she got her her mother died of Covid as well), pneumonia (and nearly dying from it), a hurricane destroying her house, and many more life events. These long breaks always destroy whatever momentum she gained.

TsunQuest (Gen 1) cemented Tsunderia's reputation as "the hiatus company" because, despite having strong debuts, Kallin went on random breaks, Meru disappeared for a whole month shortly after debut, Yuuna had health and family issues which made her take frequent breaks, and Ria straight up graduated a month in (to go become Rosemi). Miori, who joined after Ria's departure as "DLC" was the only real breakout one. And it wasn't because of the Tsunderia name, but because she spent months playing the YouTube algo game HARD.

Re/Verse (Gen 2) was a huge ball drop. Orla admitted she only joined the company on Urara's request so that Hanabi would have someone to debut with. Everyone knew something bad went down when it was a gen of only 2 people.

TsunDream (Gen 3) got a huge boost when their Nijisanji mashup cover got noticed and boosted by NijiEN themselves. But then multiple members either slowed down their streaming or took breaks after that, once again smashing any momentum they had gained.
Its sad to see. The fact that they cant seem to get their shit together is really bad. I can't really say for the others but Ami and Lisa are both extremely talented and nice/comfy to listen to. Both of them are also doing things that are not really the norm when it comes to Vtubers.

I'm pretty sure she's not working where her mom works anymore. Recently she said she doesn't have that job anymore but didn't delve into why, seemed like some sort of messup or workplace drama. She said she's okay for now from streaming and commission work she does, so it remains to be seen what will happen. It seems like she really wants to keep vtubing though and has said so multiple times.
Haven't been able to catch her for more than a month so I missed that.

Roboco is weird, iirc. Her model was create outside of Cover, but her actress was hired to play her after the character was made. Suisei was more like Invaders, in that she made her avatar and was streaming with it before she joined Hololive.

Apparently Idol gives their talents a stack of cash to make their avatars and whatever else, right? I'd think they would just be able to deduct some flat amount from that initial cost from people who already had their own personas.
From what I can remember, the talents get some creative freedom when designing or giving feedback on their model/designs but im pretty sure that the company is the one doing most of the work. They do get $3,000 to drop on equipment or debut-related material including music videos, hardware upgrades, overlays and animations and custom bgms.

Saw this on the Twatter. Seems to be a website that does a sort of recap of covers/originals and whatnot. Good way to keep track of all of that.

Last edited:

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
You really have to be fucking menhera to be set off by a guy being as retarded and dramatic as this
Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but if someone came up to you and told you they really hated your purple and orange polka dotted socks in a snarling tone, how bothered would you be if you never actually owned such a pair of socks? Like, even if you're menhera, something like that you'd shrug off if you didn't think it was applicable in at least some way. I'm not a fan of coomerbait so I don't watch yuri, so idk what she's actually doing, but I wonder if maybe she wonders sometimes if she's happy with what she's doing, and thats why it got a reaction.
I also have never had any sort of celebrity to have to deal with schizos and autists sending me anonymous messages so my armchair psychologist bs is even less grounded in reality.
My point still stand though. Anyone with pronouns in their bio is a drama hungry leech and you should stay clear of them at all costs.
I make an exception for normie-ish females in some cases. It seems like it would be grating to constantly be referred to as a guy online if you were a woman, especially if you have a username/avatar that is not explicitly female (though with how many guys have female avatars, maybe even that isn't much help). This trans junk has made all of this a lot more irritating and bothersome than it should be. Most of the time though, your rule is good imo.

Presented without comment:
1674199491820.png
Twitter | A
(edit: actually I'll clarify for anyone not looking closely, this was not pippa, just another user)

In unrelated news, did you know there are actually TWO (2) Dr. Lolime vtubers in FlaVR?
(If you don't mind, consider letting me know if you did or not in this poll because I'm curious: https://strawpoll.com/polls/bVg8oRPeNnY)

Yes that's right, it's not just the male nurse who thinks men can legitimately be pregnant and thinks nutrition isn't important for medical considerations using the citrus loli character that Pippa and her chat created that fateful evening - we also have the very chill and cool actual female German Dr. Lolime who is obsessed with Five Nights at Freddie's and has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the franchise, and who also enjoys Crusader Kings among other comfy games. In fact, she not long ago got her very own live2D model officially making the transition from pngtuber to vtuber:
1674200840011.png

As thanks for your engagement, here are some pictures i found made by ai art guys - some on the fan discord, some on /fvr/:
1674143654976861.png1674069000909091.png01297-256715321-masterpiece_best_quality_illustration_1girl_solo_focus_1.4_Accurate_five-finge...png1674171027461818.png1674060787785503.png00451-2442166614-masterpiece_best_quality_illustration_1girl_solo_focus_1.4_Accurate_five-fing...png1674149751242740.png

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but if someone came up to you and told you they really hated your purple and orange polka dotted socks in a snarling tone, how bothered would you be if you never actually owned such a pair of socks? Like, even if you're menhera, something like that you'd shrug off if you didn't think it was applicable in at least some way. I'm not a fan of coomerbait so I don't watch yuri, so idk what she's actually doing, but I wonder if maybe she wonders sometimes if she's happy with what she's doing, and thats why it got a reaction.
I also have never had any sort of celebrity to have to deal with schizos and autists sending me anonymous messages so my armchair psychologist bs is even less grounded in reality.

I make an exception for normie-ish females in some cases. It seems like it would be grating to constantly be referred to as a guy online if you were a woman, especially if you have a username/avatar that is not explicitly female (though with how many guys have female avatars, maybe even that isn't much help). This trans junk has made all of this a lot more irritating and bothersome than it should be. Most of the time though, your rule is good imo.

Presented without comment:
View attachment 11167
Twitter | A

In unrelated news, did you know there are actually TWO (2) Dr. Lolime vtubers in FlaVR?
(If you don't mind, consider letting me know if you did or not in this poll because I'm curious: https://strawpoll.com/polls/bVg8oRPeNnY)

Yes that's right, it's not just the male nurse who thinks men can legitimately be pregnant and thinks nutrition isn't important for medical considerations using the citrus loli character that Pippa and her chat created that fateful evening - we also have the very chill and cool actual female German Dr. Lolime who is obsessed with Five Nights at Freddie's and has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the franchise, and who also enjoys Crusader Kings among other comfy games. In fact, she not long ago got her very own live2D model officially making the transition from pngtuber to vtuber:
View attachment 11168

In further totally completely unrelated subject matter, what do you guys think about the voice of this indie vtuber?

As thanks for your engagement, here are some pictures i found made by ai art guys - some on the fan discord, some on /fvr/:

poll.PNG

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
View attachment 11168
Dr. Lolime versus "we have Dr. Lolime at home"

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Ideally yes, but what are you going to do, ship them a one or two thousand dollar computer and hope for the best and that they don't just run off with it? At least with digital assets you can always duplicate them and give them to someone else. Though after a long enough period it would make sense to send them some hardware as they've shown that they're sticking around.
I believe its more lack of support for pre-debut talents. Noone approaches a talent and asks "ey, like, whats yer specs? Do you know how to work in obs?" Where they could be atlest given some lowbudget decent valorant machine options from local marketplaces or shops to stream on, or given advice how to set up obs for streaming. Corpo bad!!!!!!

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Went over Idols site to see if they made changes. They had a little more specific info on audio equipement I didn't see on their tweets. Didn't know they would cover work expenses as well.
2023-01-19 23_58_45-Audition — idol — Mozilla Firefox.png
2023-01-20 00_03_51-Audition — idol — Mozilla Firefox.png

https://idol-company.com/audition/

The CEO also confirmed that Project Star is not related to the ongoing auditions.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
"pronouns opinion"
Noone really gives a shit about what is between your legs on the internet, thoe. The only people that care about how is one perceived on the internet are attention whores and mentally ill people. Former should TITS OR GTFO, latter should dilate, easy as that.

Dr. Lolime versus "we have Dr. Lolime at home"
Dont diss Lolime. Lolime (male) makes all the collabs happen and organizes shit. Hes more of a "work behind the scenes" guy.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Since FlaVR was brought up I have to say I've started watching Marie Mehlo recently and I really like her. Very cute and funny.
1674149751242740.png

Also I had no clue Lisa had a PL and looking her up I found this:

So different from the Lisa I know and love I wish she would show this personality a bit more.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

For suisei: She also has to kinda fight it out to keep her current "suisei" persona because back when her application was accepted on hololive, she was told that she cannot keep her old persona at first. There's no detailed explanation regarding that beyond Suisei own's anecdotes telling that she went to have a talk with the company after that and asked them to reconsider their decision, and even after that she's still dealing with the problem in INNK that leads to her eventual transfer as hololive gen 0.
There's a channel that nicely summarized her vtuber journey from indie to current hololive. Her case is probably quite unique among other corpos seeing that not a lot of them likes to adapt the whole "invaders" idea

On the topic of suichan:
She'll be singing Stellar Stellar for her first take video, which makes sense given this is the song that perfectly sums up her VTuber career as a whole

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Diving into the fanart part of Holomyth Ina, i can't help but wonder just how bad the effect of her break back then that almost half of I saw so far is just NSFW in all shape and form.

Is this just the takodachis way of releasing their stress when their oshii didn't stream for a while? Or are they just horni? Or is it both?

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
The waiting room for the Haruka X kson collab is up and of course there's a Tenga

:whatastory:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom