"Wait, I got a mosquito; Mosquitos always get in my mouth, I've lost count"Kaela Kovalskia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Lmao Rin Penrose is doing a bit where she apologizes tearfully about a stream delay or some shit, so people are still bullying her with money

Honestly she is one of the best small corpo pick-ups ive seen, if Idol-EN doesnt catch on and she graduates to bigger pastures i can see her being fucking massive

As someone who initially gave Froot a chance because I was craving a Bri'ish streamer to listen to (so shoot me, I love hearing their retarded accent), having found Rin who doesn't have the baggage or attitude of Froot is like a breath of fresh air. Also she is very talented at entertaining lol I was watching some of her clips and streams last night and she has a creative knack that is hilarious.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Lmao Rin Penrose is doing a bit where she apologizes tearfully about a stream delay or some shit, so people are still bullying her with money

Honestly she is one of the best small corpo pick-ups ive seen, if Idol-EN doesnt catch on and she graduates to bigger pastures i can see her being fucking massive

This brit is both a creative genius and stubborn as all hell. I'm so excited for wherever her future goes.
68785668.jpg

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Altare from what I've seen is a pretty wholesome guy who tends to take his job as a streamer serious enough to generally try and be positive the entire time. He talked during his last FFXIV stream about how he received a bad infection when he was a kid, and while he was in the hospital in pain and discomfort the hospital would bring out a Nintendo 64 and Gameboys for children to play with to help them through their stay.

He said how because of that experience he streams to achieve a similar effect, saying that even if people think he's cringe, think his voice sucks, or whatever as long as someone feels happier during his stream then he's content with that. That's why, in his words anyway, he acts the way he does sometimes where he just goes over the top or does funny voices.

This is coming from the former toxic gamer who screams about Shaco from League of Legends.

He could be less cringe though. I don't know any other vtubers (that I care about) currently doing content later than Heavensward and I want to see his reactions to one of the best expansions but if he takes off his fucking armour and dance for the army of cockless simps following him around the game I'm going to report him for ERPing with children in public zones.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Selen is playing more of The Last of Us Part 1 (aka the crappy PS5 remake). Supas are off because sony is a piece of shit and thats whats needed for them to have the game perms and stream it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Luna being an onee-san off-stream huh…..thats unexpected I honestly expected her to be more PON off stream.
Luna is apparently either 28 or 38 according to leaks.

She's either a seasoned hag or about to reach hag-status. She also has always struck me as really playing her character well and being pretty smart and caring IRL.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
The question is; what's the ROI? Can you even donate to a short? What's the correlation between subs gained by shortposting and donation increases based on sub count, compared to donations on a comparable sub count grown purely by streaming?

I feel a lot of people mistake pure sub growth for revenue generation. I'd really like to get actual numbers and a statistical analysis going on this kind of stuff.
For Letty it's working for views and youtube adv revenue i think.
vivaldi_ia2OjDGF2Y.png
The real best example of this is Shiki Miyoshino from PRISM. She played the Shorts game HARD when she started mid 2021.
View attachment 10466
She had a monstrous 100k+ subs pretty quickly, but that really amounted to empty subs with not much follow up. As of now, she struggles to pull more than 150 CCV on any given stream.
View attachment 10467

Meanwhile, compare this to Pippa who has just ground like crazy and only recently started supplementing her already existing viewerbase with Shorts
View attachment 10468
View attachment 10469

Realistically, I think Youtube has made a mistake putting so much emphasis on shorts. It doesn't really seem to do much for a channel unless it already has a decent community already built. They really need to stop trying to compete with Tiktok.
Yes, we need to look at a longer time frame, but so far it's working very well for Letty. And even if she gets stuck in numbers like Shiki, this growth is still better than nothing imho.

vivaldi_nGtNKoNF6n.png
vivaldi_MjuarTcK0m.png

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Vesper hit 200k.
He did that during the drunk zatsu that got nuked
Why eat pizza with anyone? Just eat it on your bed by yourself.

The thing I get from Shinri is he seems like a pretty touchy feely kind of guy and tends to focus on internal and personal emotions, he likes looking inwards on a more emotional level and expressing himself that way likely due to the upbringing you cited. So how well you vibe with him probably depends on how well you can understand him I think.

Like for example, his second zatsu he talked about photos and how he likes to be behind the camera because it helps me align with that memory, which makes sense because his memory is garbage and in his brain the physical memory of taking the photo alongside the scene itself helps him remember. I have some pretty rough memory issues so I could really vibe with him on that level, especially when he explained how he "organizes" his room and how he forgets things until he sees them again. He feels like he appeals to pretty emotional people who want to either find someone who understands what they go through, or those who enjoy receiving people's emotions to understand other people.

Vesper I find is far more analytical and looks beyond his personal feelings while having a lot of personal stories he goes into, while Shinri seems to be almost the opposite he feels like a more abstract Vesper if I had to put it simply from these few hours I've seen him solely talk.

Regarding him talking about the game he played last night I'd imagine that he probably meditated on the game and his experiences with it which is why he talked about it after playing it and not during it, which makes sense for someone like him who seems to like to reflect on his emotions and then express them. To my understanding from the handful of clips I've seen of his horror stuff, he tends to casually talk about other things as he plays too, as opposed to focusing on the game. This man feels like an almost 24/7 zatsu while he's on stream from what I can tell due to what he plays and how he plays them where he just chatters on and on. Man shows little fear at all, so it is easy for him to just talk forever.

He feels radically different from Vesper beyond the fact that he's older, I can see how he appeals to people but it seems to vary on how much you can unironically vibe with him. Vesper is also much funnier by himself I feel, his voice just works better for comedy while Shinri's voice is too deep and soft unless he's being a smartass like in the Ultimate Chicken Horse collab.
Shinri said he loves Horror Lore so I can expect his Zatsus to discuss in depth the lore of the game he just played after he sat with it for a while off stream

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The question is; what's the ROI? Can you even donate to a short? What's the correlation between subs gained by shortposting and donation increases based on sub count, compared to donations on a comparable sub count grown purely by streaming?

I feel a lot of people mistake pure sub growth for revenue generation. I'd really like to get actual numbers and a statistical analysis going on this kind of stuff.
For the time being shorts are simply working for discoverability - make one about a topic people are interested in and it's an easy pitch to a new viewer than a 3+ hour stream vod. I'd imagine shorts views translating to stream views or revenue is going to vary from streamer to streamer depending on how similar their stream content is to the things they cover in their shorts.

I have a feeling this will change very soon, and shorts will become much more common as standalone content. In February YouTube are rolling out ad revenue sharing to creators based on shorts views, so it'll become a good content strategy to put out shorts more often as an additional revenue stream.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Had to make a quick clip from IRyS' RE7 stream from last night. The ending is great.

Alternatively, "IRyS goes full American."

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
There used to be a time when Pekora collabed with Nekomiya Hinata. Pekoras laugh used to get special attention by clippers and using all sorts of arrows and images to showcase it.

Hinata frequently collaborated with Holo talents during the early days she was even dubbed an honorary member by the fans iirc.

I do wonder why she hasn't done so recently considering she's an indie now.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hinata frequently collaborated with Holo talents during the early days she was even dubbed an honorary member by the fans iirc.

I do wonder why she hasn't done so recently considering she's an indie now.
She's one of those old-ass chuubas from before 2019 that a lot of people forget exists, like kings that are still around, the omega sisters and others.
Actually how many of the heavenly kings are still active? Only Siro? Nojaloli, kizuna, Luna and Mirai are all dead right?

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Netscaper

Early Adopter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Actually how many of the heavenly kings are still active? Only Siro? Nojaloli, kizuna, Luna and Mirai are all dead right?
Nojaloli shows up from time to time but yeah, Siro is the only active one these days. Akari is pretty much on life support and I expect her to announce her graduation sometime this year all things considered.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Gavis Bettel's new thumbnail is kind of different, not sure why. Will he be allowed to cook?

While we wait to see if Gavis Bettel kills himself via twitter space lock down insanity, let's see what his older twin brother did with his cooking adventures.

"I once put canned soup inside a pot while it was still in the can."

Oh goody Cover hired the next Gordan Ramsey, amazing. This guy will be maybe doing a Candy making handcam stream this week as a reminder btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom