Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
View attachment 9414

Just realized I was still subbed to Bunny_GIFs old roomie account, haven't seen her doing vtuber stuff for a long time, guess she has found greener simp pastures. Did anyone ever take note of what led to her splitting from the VShojo bunch and getting out of vtubing?
I remember her and a streamer named Admiral Bahroo were getting cancelled as a pretty big deal thing. Although it's been a while and my memory of the event is pretty foggy in all honesty.
Even Lia's going after antis. Although this one just seems like a retard not understanding that she was joking.

Also

Last edited:

kukkia

Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Did I miss it, is there a reason there's two Vesper spaces and did anyone archive the first one?
e: nevermind, found it on /mans/

vestars20

Early Adopter

Thanks Nasa, but whose hand is that? Also, Phase Connect I would pay for EN voice packs from the JP girls.

Also, I watched the Holostar countdown show
Opening number is a banger - they need to spam that song
Uproar is an energetic menace - they remind me of Niji concerts where the choreography is just being hyped
Tempests cameo was nice - mostly because Altare was there to give Axel appropriate shit about his "hints"
Looking forward to seeing Vesper and Magni on stage one day...
Yagoo is truely the Sun of Holostars - that was a great concert and after show

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I remember her and a streamer named Admiral Bahroo were getting cancelled as a pretty big deal thing. Although it's been a while and my memory of the event is pretty foggy in all honesty.
From what I remember, pretty much Bunny got called out for being a pain in the ass to work with.

Bahroo was the much bigger deal and he stuck his nose into the drama between Bunny and the people she worked with because he was mentioned in passing. This turned into people finally being sick of his shit and got dumped on for being generally an asshole to pretty much everyone, but especially with people that were supposed to be his good friends.

Course, Bahroo was big enough to eventually just continue on, but I guess Bunny just gave up on her VTuber persona.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
From what I remember, pretty much Bunny got called out for being a pain in the ass to work with.

Bahroo was the much bigger deal and he stuck his nose into the drama between Bunny and the people she worked with because he was mentioned in passing. This turned into people finally being sick of his shit and got dumped on for being generally an asshole to pretty much everyone, but especially with people that were supposed to be his good friends.

Course, Bahroo was big enough to eventually just continue on, but I guess Bunny just gave up on her VTuber persona.
That's just about how I remember it. I actually used to watch Bahroo videos and I'm not so flakey to just drop people on a whim but ended up never watching him again after what was shown about him. Trying to use your fame and influence to control people isn't just shitty, it's downright cowardly. If anyone wants a refresher coarse on what happened, here's a generic article.
Edit: I'm not one to normally trust dexterto but I skimmed the article and it seemed accurate enough from my own memory of the events.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Also interesting, Vesper appeared on some indie's (Takahata101) new years stream at 15 fps and with the shittiest mic I've heard since my 360 days.

It's weird to me to think of Taka as "some indie" when I've watched him over the years to this point. When I first noticed him was during the abridge series boom when he was doing G Gundam abridged then he moved on to Team Four Star which has already been discussed here. After that he started doing DnD campaigns on his YT channel called The Unexpectables which were DMed by his actual sister Nadine "MontyGlu"(a pngtuber in her own right) and eventually a DnD campaign run by Lanipator. It was during these campaigns that he got his model and rebranded his channel. Other than that, I remember him saying during these that he's a recovered alchoholic that got a 101 tattoo to commerate 101 days sober and he's "asexual" though not sure if he still considers himself that way today. If you like alfabusa you've probably heard him from this

Happy New Year Assylum. Who knows what insanity awaits us in this new year.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
This is extremely funny as a audience member, but holy shit if I were Catxel I'd be trying to get out of this party fast if this doesn't turn around quick.

Magni as CurioBOT is actually a villain. He just kills someone's parent to coerce himself into two kobold servants so he can steal their dragon as a pet, but first he tries to figure out which kobold will break first to make this happen. This isn't even some edgy "They killed my family so I'll kill all of them" like Goblin Slayer or something, this is just pure power hungry bullshit, which is probably IC for our favorite war machine but if I were in this party I'd IC be very concerned. This is why evil characters, especially unsubtle ones like this, get really messy with good aligned parties if you're trying to actually play IC. It just creates a lot of conflict of interest and you have to make bullshit excuses to keep the party together because a good person doesn't want to stay with some crazy murder robot who tries to blindly smoke out his enemies while on a rescue mission. I'd have left and made a new character that could deal with this stuff, after this quest at the latest, assuming I don't just try to screw them over first.

For example if I were say Catxel and an actual good aligned character, Catxel doesn't have a stated alignment but I'm presuming good because its Axel mostly playing himself, I'd probably be trying to orchestrate a plan to gtfo and ensure the innocents don't get murdered by CurioBOT's reckless power grabs. Altor isn't even much better as he encourages this or even participates and has taken a pacifist gnome cleric with him as a heal bitch, Altor is also stated to be "Neutral Good" apparently.

I actually want this to really blow up in CurioBOT's face now, not just because it'll be extremely funny, but because it'd be perfect karma for this story. I don't know if I want the wyrmling to just kill him outright, as that would really suck for a fresh dnd player and I want Magni to keep playing because he's entertaining, but that robot needs the fear of god put into him.

I don't know if we'll see the wyrmling unless it is the next scene after this combat, but if we do see it in the last episode, then I'm expecting a big cliffhanger ending.

I went and dug up the module and read what's waiting for them. I'm looking forward to what happens success or failure and if after everything, Vesper explains to them what they'd done in the grand scheme of things, it's actually pretty funny.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I went and dug up the module and read what's waiting for them. I'm looking forward to what happens success or failure and if after everything, Vesper explains to them what they'd done in the grand scheme of things, it's actually pretty funny.
Once I heard "Sunless Citadel" I immediately double checked to see if it was THE Sunless Citadel, and when it was I took a glance at what was going on and what they experienced and missed like with Meepo who they killed by accident in the first session. They did a lot of funny things compared to how I've always seen this dungeon get run, poor Meepo.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
That's just about how I remember it. I actually used to watch Bahroo videos and I'm not so flakey to just drop people on a whim but ended up never watching him again after what was shown about him. Trying to use your fame and influence to control people isn't just shitty, it's downright cowardly. If anyone wants a refresher coarse on what happened, here's a generic article.
I didn't link the Dexterto article, because they are normally a joke of a website, but that article seems to cover it pretty well

I used to watch Bahroo a lot, too, but had been watching him a lot less until finally just dropping him after that incident. He definitely has or had (not sure if he has gotten some kind of help since then) a lot of personality issues that just generally got worse over time and started reflecting in his streams, such as insufferably complaining about basically everything and being stubborn/petty to a fault. He also just pretty much hated any games he played that weren't XCOM or Darkest Dungeon, by that point, probably due to his depression. At that point, finding out he had been big-dicking most of his friends behind the scenes was both not-surprising and pretty sad.

Also, to note, that was not the first time Bahroo had been the source of drama. He actually, similarly to Bunny, got called out by an artist on Twitter claiming to have not been properly compensated for work or issues with emote use agreements about two years before the above debacle. That ended in his favor, though, because the artist failed to really prove anything solid in terms of agreements and their side of the story was really flakey and full of holes.

Basically, dude has serious issues and I hope he is working them out, finally.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
"I don't want Axel to be like me when he's my age. I want him to only see the good things in life." ~ Grandpapa explaining how his broken wage life makes him wish better for the younger version of himself, a twink dingo harem protagonist. What a great dad.

Edit: Vesper says he got stabbed by a family member but refuses to elaborate, so I assume this wasn't some weird funny accident with a funny story.

Last edited:

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter

Everyone is here!
Screenshot 2023-01-01 023004.png

And Ina's voiceline consisted of a barely audible "mhm"

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Edit: Vesper says he got stabbed by a family member but refuses to elaborate, so I assume this wasn't some weird funny accident with a funny story.
What the fuck. This fucker makes me feel like I'm the weird one for having never been stabbed with how many times he has.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
This whole segment is really great but it does sadden me a little that nobody from en is in it, especially after they were in the little hologra short beforehand. If you want a really pedantic complaint, Watame's tail being replaced by Towa's also bothers me, mostly because Botan keeps her tail while in Koyori's outfit.
The only logical explanation is that Towa's tail is part of her outfit and it's a fake tail. How devilish.

"I don't want Axel to be like me when he's my age. I want him to only see the good things in life." ~ Grandpapa explaining how his broken wage life makes him wish better for the younger version of himself, a twink dingo harem protagonist. What a great dad.

Vesper said before that he had two stabbing stories, one funny and one sad, and he would tell the funny story if chat promised not to ask him to tell the sad story. The funny one was the one where he thought he lost his virginity. So I assume this one is the sad story.

Bae, Fauna, Mumei (What do you call these three? The first thing I thought of was Black Plague), Subaru, and Lui will have an off-collab on 3 January (JST).

Rough timestamp (1:42:00) of Altare and Axel showing up on the Holostars countdown stream. The objective, as far as I can tell, is for Altare and Axel to tell their senpai in English which card to pick. The level of English they used was... not very considerate lol.

The fearless white lion has one fear.

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
What the fuck. This fucker makes me feel like I'm the weird one for having never been stabbed with how many times he has.
You haven't had the pleasure of feeling the burning touch of a stab wound?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
As a peace offering, I bring a photo that /pcg/ claims is Shirara/Shiina.
I mean the body somewhat matches with the mirror selfie photo (the one wheres she wearing tank top and denim shorts, remember it popping up on homeland couple of times. Cant find it rn :c)

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
Vesper said before that he had two stabbing stories, one funny and one sad, and he would tell the funny story if chat promised not to ask him to tell the sad story. The funny one was the one where he thought he lost his virginity. So I assume this one is the sad story.
I recall that, I just wonder how sad are we talking about? Like did some crazy uncle try to murder him or something? Is the Noir family just full of unhinged preppers who flail their combat weapons around and one hit Vesper in the stomach? Vesper did mention that he had another weapon prior to his spear by his bedside.

Also Vesper just mentioned that he doesn't believe the vast vast vast majority of romantic relationships will succeed and are doomed to fail, this is some doomer Vesper hours right now. We need to get Vesper drunkzudans more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom