"Obaashits, when you speak English, your boys (Voice) is... ritto (Little), 'I shink yes bat it's kyut!' 'Subaru voice is fine', really?"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Watching Kiara's stream of her NY segment... I love watching Orange women doing activities normally done by the JP talent.

There's a surprising amount of streams to catch up on for new years, going to be playing catch up for a couple days.

And this is happening:

Welcome to the year Two thousand twenty three of the year of our Lord.

kestraline

Early Adopter
View attachment 9414

Just realized I was still subbed to Bunny_GIFs old roomie account, haven't seen her doing vtuber stuff for a long time, guess she has found greener simp pastures. Did anyone ever take note of what led to her splitting from the VShojo bunch and getting out of vtubing?
After she got cancelled she stopped using the vtuber model so yeah she's been purely flesh tubing for a few months now.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Theres some part of me that finds it weird that they pay the talent to join

The other part of me thinks its fucking hilarious that they literally have to pay people to join :whatastory:
They certainly don't have to pay people to join. By small corpo standards, Idol EN is doing gangbusters. The entire roster has more subs than Phase Connect gen 2 already. They're just making an investment in improving gen 2. Better equipment, model and debut means more potential subs and revenue. It might even entice people to jump ship and come to the corpo with the better offer. Spending money to make money, pretty standard stuff.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Theres some part of me that finds it weird that they pay the talent to join

The other part of me thinks its fucking hilarious that they literally have to pay people to join :whatastory:
I mean the way I see it, this is effectively the same kind of investment the likes of Holopro would have paid in-house to do all of this stuff when they bring in new talents considering they provide the Vtuber model which they obviously paid for themselves. I believe Holopro leases or rents out streaming equipment too if I recall correctly.

So really all this is says is "We don't have (or want to have) the internal structure to do all this crap ourselves, here's some money so we don't have to do it." which is funnier depending on your perspective.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
It may just be me but, are the ENs that joined the mario kart tournament not going to japan?.
ame, gura and kronii haven't shown signs of going any time soon.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
After she got cancelled she stopped using the vtuber model so yeah she's been purely flesh tubing for a few months now.
What did she actually get cancelled for though? I must've missed it, I remember she always had some drama shit going on but must've missed or forgotten her getting altogether cancelled.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
The crazy women are back for karaoke.
Aww, they're singing Auld Lang Syne. Man, Robert Burns was the master of conveying the deep, bittersweet emotion, even after all this time and in such an unusual dialect.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
What did she actually get cancelled for though? I must've missed it, I remember she always had some drama shit going on but must've missed or forgotten her getting altogether cancelled.
It was the layna layzar thing wasn't it? Iirc Mean girl bs she was accused of bullying Layna in the past among some other stuff

Council minus Kronii are telling us what the fox says

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Pippa got Obake PAM to sing Ram Ranch on her stream.

The Year of the Rabbit starting off strong.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
As for Shiina's PL, DumplingShirara is the name you're looking for.
>TFW you're the majority of the main information on someone's PL gathering, and someone beats you to the round up post so they get remembered for it instead of you.
1672555058949.png
Is this what females insist "mansplaining" is supposed to feel like?

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
>TFW you're the majority of the main information on someone's PL gathering, and someone beats you to the round up post so they get remembered for it instead of you.
View attachment 9422
Is this what females insist "mansplaining" is supposed to feel like?
I'm sorry if I don't remember OPs of info :shiinastare:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm sorry if I don't remember OPs of info :shiinastare:
Sokay. As a peace offering, I bring a photo that /pcg/ claims is Shirara/Shiina.
1672555708111.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Aww, they're singing Auld Lang Syne. Man, Robert Burns was the master of conveying the deep, bittersweet emotion, even after all this time and in such an unusual dialect.
Now they're singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Great song choices for this stream.

Zoomerrat also confirmed she has never heard it before lol

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Utano Pandora is having a collab with Kiara and Ophelia next Sat, guess it's going to be Hello Project and other idols related. Interesting to see her collab with someone outside of HL again.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
They certainly don't have to pay people to join. By small corpo standards, Idol EN is doing gangbusters. The entire roster has more subs than Phase Connect gen 2 already. They're just making an investment in improving gen 2. Better equipment, model and debut means more potential subs and revenue. It might even entice people to jump ship and come to the corpo with the better offer. Spending money to make money, pretty standard stuff.
Idol Corp is an interesting experiment to watch. If they remain profitable despite their noticeably higher than industry standard (for small corps and Sony, anyway) investments, we get to yell at every other corp 'WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT?!'

If Idol Corp turns out to not be profitable at all, we get to yell at Idol Corp 'THERE'S A REASON THE OTHERS DIDN'T DO THAT, YOU DUMBASSES!'

Given the incredibly low upkeep after the initial investment, I'm leaning towards the former, but I guess we'll see.

(Of course, getting EN 2 out ASAP makes sense regardless. The point of a corp is to develop synergies between members, and for that you need those members. You can slow down after the first dozen or so)
I mean the way I see it, this is effectively the same kind of investment the likes of Holopro would have paid in-house to do all of this stuff when they bring in new talents considering they provide the Vtuber model which they obviously paid for themselves. I believe Holopro leases or rents out streaming equipment too if I recall correctly.

So really all this is says is "We don't have (or want to have) the internal structure to do all this crap ourselves, here's some money so we don't have to do it." which is funnier depending on your perspective.
Remember Poltato PC.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Zoomerrat also confirmed she has never heard it before lol
literally how

You know given that she’s older than me I feel like she has to be from a different planet

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Utano Pandora is having an idol talk with Kiara and Ophelia next Sat, guess it's going to be Hello Project related. Interesting to see her collab with someone outside of HL again.

Yeah, I think it was originally planned for 2 or so weeks ago, but Kiara got really sick. Kiara mentioned talking with both girls about idols a while back and Ophelia had been on her radar since she did the Kiara episode of her voice analysis streams.

literally how

You know given that she’s older than me I feel like she has to be from a different planet
I honestly have no idea with her. She doesn't really watch movies and didn't play video games much before Hololive that were not mobile games.

Games and movies are one thing, but I am legitimately surprised she has never heard Bohemian Rhapsody. I think she is really only into anime songs and pop songs (like ones she would dance to in her classes), if I had to guess.

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I see some vtubers are celebrating the new year the right way.

With cake.

pikamee_butt_tweet.PNG

source tweet:

amelia_butt_tweet.PNG

source tweet:

Kiara_butt.png

EDIT:
Ponwolf ASMR, countdown to PST New Year.

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Sokay. As a peace offering, I bring a photo that /pcg/ claims is Shirara/Shiina.
How did they supposedly connect this photo to her? Do you have a link to when it was first introduced? (I assume original was nuked because no roommate posting on 4chan, but I assume one of the archive sites captured it)

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom