"sometimes I post pregnant brian griffin and see if anyone sees it before I can delete it - nobody has caught it just yet"Coni Confetti

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Also interesting, Vesper appeared on some indie's (Takahata101) new years stream at 15 fps and with the shittiest mic I've heard since my 360 days.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
>TFW you're the majority of the main information on someone's PL gathering, and someone beats you to the round up post so they get remembered for it instead of you.
View attachment 9422
Is this what females insist "mansplaining" is supposed to feel like?
I remember your most excellent postings, there were several about her but this one summed the PL and anti stuff up.
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/vt-and-related-vtuber-lunacy.100431/page-56

But what you probably don't know is the /vt snippet at the end was my post, I was so embarrassed to see it on the homeland :pippasquish: 🧩 :pippasquish: 🧩 :pippasquish:
Sokay. As a peace offering, I bring a photo that /pcg/ claims is Shirara/Shiina.
Hah hah the alleged StairmASSter pic. "It's from a old tumblr that she just deleted" no evidence however it did pop up shortly after a stream where Shiina had discussed her past modeling and how a person at her work had seen her cosplay on tumblr and tried to flirt with her. I could see her double checking and deleting any lose ends on tumblr and throwing that pic on /pcg herself though as it's safe. If so, thank you Shiina!

Can't be Shiina.
No massive hoodie.
Hoodie and Panties is for streaming mode. In the past as a model, $$$ tech lead and influencer she had to put on some clothes!

Just a pic with no references, huh?

TinEye gave no matching images, figured it was worth a quick try, still doesn't mean anything to be honest.
The only rational explanation is that Shiina stalks me back and saw me crying over wanting to see her modeling pics and in her great compassion posted it herself.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Also interesting, Vesper appeared on some indie's (Takahata101) new years stream at 15 fps and with the shittiest mic I've heard since my 360 days.

Takahata101 is from ye old Team Four Star, the people who made DBZ and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged. I have no idea why he's a Vtuber now as I stopped paying attention to him years ago, but maybe someone here doesn't know who this guy is. He also played a vampire man once upon a time.

I don't know why Vesper was here though, maybe he liked Abridged series back when they were cool in the stone age of Youtube. He was probably in his late teens early 20s by that point so it makes sense that he'd be very aware of them. Maybe he wanted to meet another fellow vampire, who knows, but considering he probably did this on some laptop as he is with his family at the moment the 15 fps and shit is probably why that happens. Also Axel has a worse 360 mic as shown by this.

Actual headphone warning for people who underestimate how bad this mic is.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

I wouldn't say Takahata101 is "some indie". Though they are irrelevant now, the guy is one of the founding and major members of TeamFourStar of DBZ Abridged and Hellsing Abridged fame.

He definitely is not some "who?", especially for someone like Vesper, who likely watched DBZA as it released.

Apparently, Calli mentioned she is meeting Sana soon. Surprised she said so, since no one from the CouncilRyS girls in Japan have mentioned meeting her, yet, I figured no one would bring up that they did. Considering that Bae said in her zatsu from a little over a day ago that she had "no comment" on whether she went to Comiket and also this little bit.

I guess it is possible, all of CouncilRyS will also go with Calli to meet Sana, but I think it is more likely Calli just didn't go to Comiket.

Edit: fixed link.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I honestly have no idea with her. She doesn't really watch movies and didn't play video games much before Hololive that were not mobile games.

Games and movies are one thing, but I am legitimately surprised she has never heard Bohemian Rhapsody. I think she is really only into anime songs and pop songs (like ones she would dance to in her classes), if I had to guess.
Bae just seems like a pretty uncultured person, i don't think she would be a very interesting conversation partner, but most of the ENs are like that with the exception of Fauna, Ina, Kiara and Ame. But that probably just speaks to my preferences in acquaintances, i can't fucking stand talking to people who don't have anything worthwhile to say or discuss or aren't at least willing to be good listeners and keeping note when things are introduced to them.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Can't be Shiina.
No massive hoodie.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Apparently, Calli mentioned she is meeting Sana soon. Surprised she said so, since no one from the CouncilRyS girls in Japan have mentioned meeting her, yet, I figured no one would bring up that they did. Considering that Bae said in her zatsu from a little over a day ago that she had "no comment" on whether she went to Comiket and also this little bit.

I guess it is possible, all of CouncilRyS will also go with Calli to meet Sana, but I think it is more likely Calli just didn't go to Comiket.
If that link is supposed to jump to a timestamp in that stream it's broken

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
"Don't hit a blackout drunk dude." The very first thing I hear in Vesper's newest twitter space without me having any prior context.

Edit: He's apparently drinking in a motel. He is talking about how he pierced himself with a fishing hook once.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Vih

Doog
They certainly don't have to pay people to join. By small corpo standards, Idol EN is doing gangbusters. The entire roster has more subs than Phase Connect gen 2 already. They're just making an investment in improving gen 2. Better equipment, model and debut means more potential subs and revenue. It might even entice people to jump ship and come to the corpo with the better offer. Spending money to make money, pretty standard stuff.
Agreed, they are doing exceedingly well for their size, seems more like they just put their best foot forward and ran with it and much like Phase, I'm eager to see what they can do with it especially if they keep up their pace, hopefully they go for quality over quantity with gen 2 and don't try and force out a gen that clearly didn't have enough time in the oven
I mean the way I see it, this is effectively the same kind of investment the likes of Holopro would have paid in-house to do all of this stuff when they bring in new talents considering they provide the Vtuber model which they obviously paid for themselves. I believe Holopro leases or rents out streaming equipment too if I recall correctly.

So really all this is says is "We don't have (or want to have) the internal structure to do all this crap ourselves, here's some money so we don't have to do it." which is funnier depending on your perspective.
I do wonder though, what the onboarding package would be for someone going to niji or hololive, if those details ever do get leaked somehow, heads will roll

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Bae just seems like a pretty uncultured person, i don't think she would be a very interesting conversation partner, but most of the ENs are like that with the exception of Fauna, Ina, Kiara and Ame. But that probably just speaks to my preferences in acquaintances, i can't fucking stand talking to people who don't have anything worthwhile to say or discuss or aren't at least willing to be good listeners and keeping note when things are introduced to them.
Yeah, she is definitely lacking general knowledge outside of things she is personally interested in, so I can understand that line of thinking. I am kinda the same way as her, in regards to not really going out if my way to indulge in pop-culture much, so I can't really criticize that. She seems to have been slightly sheltered by her Asian helicopter mom, also.

If that link is supposed to jump to a timestamp in that stream it's broken
Thanks, fixed.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I have no idea why he's a Vtuber now as I stopped paying attention to him years ago
He went during the vtuber EN craze a while back, iirc almost like when notable voice acting related talents decided to get an avatar and doing vtuber content either to follow the booming trend or for shits and giggles. Might be wrong though.

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
"I did click off." Vesper talking about how he left Kronii's stream when she called him a raisin.

So Vesper pump and dumps bitches if they insult and laugh in his face like some pompus harpy. BASED PATROL!? CAN WE GET THE BASED PATROL ON THE LINE!?

Edit: Vesper's favorite Tempus moments are the L4D stream and playing DND with them as he's been wanting a group to play with again.

Edit 2: Vesper hints that the dungeon ends next episode. So this is going to go bad insanely fast or the last episode is much longer, and the boys said were happy to play more with him in a more open ended campaign in his own setting. So more Tempus DND is on the horizon and nothing has gone so bad that anyone is quitting.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Kaela is playing the goofy car game that uses her own sound effects again.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Takahata101 is from ye old Team Four Star, the people who made DBZ and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged. I have no idea why he's a Vtuber now as I stopped paying attention to him years ago, but maybe someone here doesn't know who this guy is. He also played a vampire man once upon a time.
He like lanipator and kaiserneko became an insufferable, unlikable politisperging femboy a la roosterteeth, he became a vtuber when tfs started losing fans and bleeding money because they dropped dbza.
I wouldn't say Takahata101 is "some indie". Though they are irrelevant now, the guy is one of the founding and major members of TeamFourStar of DBZ Abridged and Hellsing Abridged fame.
I mean he is "some indie" in the sense that he and tfs became what roosterteeth became (irrelevant in every circle), which is not rare as they (team four star) looked up to them.
You could see him as either a leech or a trend chaser as I'm pretty sure early on they only streamed as a group, but when twitch picked up traction he jumped there to randomly stream and failed to make himself a name even though tfs was at its peak.

They also had in group drama when a guy named ben left the group because kaiser "literal femboy" neko wanted to have complete control over writing and the "creative" aspect of things, which is why every joke was stale, uncreative and repetitive, and both lanipator and taka sided with kaiser which is pretty telling of taka's humor and personality.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Happy New Year everyone :D

Also new PEKO GEAR SOLID

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I do wonder though, what the onboarding package would be for someone going to niji or hololive, if those details ever do get leaked somehow, heads will roll
From what I have gathered, it seems like Hololive may send the talents an iPhone for tracking with the Hololive app and give them the avatar, but that seems to be that is the extent of onboarding in terms of equipment. It is possible they may get some kind of signing bonus, I guess, but the talents seem to be responsible for getting steam art assets done, among everything else. They definitely don't provide mics, going by Kiara and Bae's debut mics lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom