"We're going to go into the shower room with all the dead bodies... But wait a minute, that's a wooden door, I don't understand"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

jesus christ
They rolled up to a prison, and started intimidating the prisoners for information, then in order to cover up that they had been making nefarious plans, took the one that could understand them as a slave, more or less. Then Magni as CurioBot started making plans to kill the friendly Kobolds in order to obtain a pet dragon. All this to double down on killing the kobold earlier. Even Axel was like "I'm not sure if I can do this" but then later on was spouting off IC "if you run, you'll be a target". I can't imagine how this is going to go but it's almost certainly going to get worse.
:deztheroom:

paul

Early Adopter
A pic from the Calli-Ina-Mel cakeparty

Also Irys was supposed to join them and meet Ina for the first time but sadly got covid.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Is this a meme I am missing context on, or are the people responding "yes" to this poll actually insane?
View attachment 9262
Sonny and the Briskadets are all psychopaths. Chat reflects the streamer.

Damn, so Apex is really dead in Japan, then. Hope something else takes its place, the big tournaments like these were always interesting.
CR Cup will likely turn attention more completely to VALORANT and possibly Overwatch 2. Both good competitive games and fun opportunities for new interactions as teams jump from 3 players to 5.

But I lament that 5v5 matches lacks the same gravity as having 60 players all competing at the same time. No more tense Aqua vs. Chihiro 1v1's, no more final ring shenanigans, even the backstories and history will take time to be rebuilt in a new game. End of an era, really, and V-Saikyo is probably going to go the same way.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

jesus christ
They rolled up to a prison, and started intimidating the prisoners for information, then in order to cover up that they had been making nefarious plans, took the one that could understand them as a slave, more or less. Then Magni as CurioBot started making plans to kill the friendly Kobolds in order to obtain a pet dragon. All this to double down on killing the kobold earlier. Even Axel was like "I'm not sure if I can do this" but then later on was spouting off IC "if you run, you'll be a target". I can't imagine how this is going to go but it's almost certainly going to get worse.

Magni is in way over his head with this plan, I get IC the idea but OOC I would be screaming internally at myself for wanting to do this.

Wyrmlings are extremely dangerous to a low level party, their breath attack can kill pretty much all of them in one shot, even on a save they'll either be outright down or be so badly injured that any stray hit will down them. On a failed save, they could potentially just outright die with no save at all due to overkill. This is going to go so incredibly bad if Magni tries to actually force the dragon to follow his orders.

They aren't frail either, this wyrmling has more hit points then those five goblins they killed put together and of course they can fly which ruins Altor's primary offense.

Wyrmling stats.PNG

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Magni is in way over his head with this plan, I get IC the idea but OOC I would be screaming internally at myself for wanting to do this.

Wyrmlings are extremely dangerous to a low level party, their breath attack can kill pretty much all of them in one shot, even on a save they'll either be outright down or be so badly injured that any stray hit will down them. On a failed save, they could potentially just outright die with no save at all due to overkill. This is going to go so incredibly bad if Magni tries to actually force the dragon to follow his orders.

They aren't frail either, this wyrmling has more hit points then those five goblins they killed put together and of course they can fly which ruins Altor's primary offense.

View attachment 9265
Well, yes, Magni has no idea, but that's part of the fun.
I think if we ever see CurioBot in a bad situation Magni's coward instincts might take over, which will be even funnier.

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
I think if we ever see CurioBot in a bad situation Magni's coward instincts might take over, which will be even funnier.
I'm imagining Vesper singing this as the 8ft tall death golem just hoofs it as fast as he can run away.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

View attachment 9265
You forgot to mention these fuckers have AC 17, which is the equivalent of a heavy armor or a medium armor + shield combo, so they'll have problems hitting a wyrmling even if it doesn't take flight immediately.

Edit:
I'm sure this will all go very well and Magni will learn a valuable lesson. That little guy they found is dead though 100%
Yes, that lesson is "new players should not get too attached to their characters" :smugpipi:

Last edited:

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
You forgot to mention these fuckers have AC 17, which is the equivalent of a heavy armor or a medium armor + shield combo, so they'll have problems hitting a wyrmling even if it doesn't take flight immediately.
Oh I know, I just didn't want to explain the full on obvious. I believe Catxel and Altor have around 12-14 hit points from what they've said, so even the bite can down them them if Vesper rolls decent as it does 1d10 + 1d6 + 4 averages to 13 damage.

Also it flies twice as fast as their normal move speed so even escaping will be a very trying challenge.

I'm sure this will all go very well and Magni will learn a valuable lesson. That little guy they found is dead though 100%

I'm expecting something like this when Magni sees the breath attack fuck something up.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

jesus christ

View attachment 9265

Honestly I hope Vesper claps them if they try to follow through on this. If it is a Wyrmling it's already smarter than all of them and I get the feeling they're thinking 'small and harmless' when they hear baby dragon and not the reality that it's going to be big enough to eat them already.

I also dislike that there's no inherent rules for deific anathema in Divine classes in 5e. They should get fucked over for trying to force a Cleric with a devotion of non-violence/pacifism to injure people in pursuit of a fairly objectively evil task and end up with a mostly useless gnome weight.

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
most JP websites are made to cater to... Japanese people, so at most the guide was meant for foreigners with close-to-no kanji reading skills. I forgot where I heard it from but afaik they made their website like that because Japanese are prioritizing their website to be accessible to most browsers hence the minimum site gimmick to make it more modern. I've also read anecdotes about people who worked on UI design lamenting that even if they were to suggest a different design altogether there's a higher chance their supervisor won't let it pass because people there aren't keen on changing things that still work

Basically another funny standard because most old tech is still being used there just like how fax machines are somehow still relevant there
Based Japan. With the rate at which BS that should be simple like twitter getting fucked up, with a simple website needing ten thousand javascript files from a hundred random sources to function doing god knows what, in a world where every damned website has to have the same stupid gimmicky elements that don't make things easier to use, it's nice that at least some nation on this dumb planet has a little bit of defense against that nonsense.
mega retard question
is millardo beercraft minnas husband? i never watched him so i dont know
Either he is or someone is putting a ton of work into the kayfabe that he is.
AFAIK, he is. They're a package deal.
LeanNigga
NiggaDice

Edit: does that six pointed star have some special meaning in japan? I know michiru also uses it. I assumed that mel was some kind of halfu jewish-japanese initially, same with aki rosenthal - but have since assumed its just the japanese not having to deal a lot with the tribe and thinking its just a kind of novelty than something of significance.
Edit2: I just realized the star has been historically used with vampire characters, because you know, Jewish people stealing the blood of christian babies to sacrifice to their demon gods etc. or something. With Mel being a vampire that would make sense if thats how the artist came about the idea of using the symbol for her.

I found some neat animations on twitter:

edit: that last tweet actually has four animated gifs, all of which are cool, but the first one with the shork is what i wanted to show off here so kind of worked out that it embedded here on this post.

Last edited:

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Its official. Roomie chan has moved out.

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
Honestly I hope Vesper claps them if they try to follow through on this. If it is a Wyrmling it's already smarter than all of them and I get the feeling they're thinking 'small and harmless' when they hear baby dragon and not the reality that it's going to be big enough to eat them already.

I also dislike that there's no inherent rules for deific anathema in Divine classes in 5e. They should get fucked over for trying to force a Cleric with a devotion of non-violence/pacifism to injure people in pursuit of a fairly objectively evil task and end up with a mostly useless gnome weight.
Considering how much people bullshit the rules now due to how vague some of 5E's rules are, I don't really care as a built-in game mechanic if divine classes just let you do whatever as long as you have a reasonable reason why (not this particular reason, but just in-general). It isn't hard to just go "Your God doesn't give you their power for this task" or just "They'll only use it to keep the devoted safe and tell the evil party to fuck off" to pull a fast one on the Tempus party's bullshit. That's probably how I'd do it personally, I don't need a manual to tell me I can turn off a cleric's magic and in the end I get DM fiat.

I'm going to presume that Vesper will force them to retreat in overall failure, I think he'll make an excuse for why it doesn't just murder them like the goblins come back t o take control of it or the dragon is just pissed and starts fucking with the kobolds like if the chief is a egotistical asshole trying to command it, but otherwise this is going to be a failure for their original objective. Catxel will go on a redemption arc for failing to save someone, Altor will get the fear of god imposed on him, and CurioBot/Magni will learn that EB doesn't just solve everything ever.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Yoidore Shirazu cover by Shirayuki Tomoe drops tomorrow.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Aw man, I forgot how fucking funny that hololive "niggas" video was. Every type is another unexpected punchline that catches you off guard. I totally forgot it had Sana for "big niggas", lololol!

EDIT:
DU MUSST

Full song

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Also Irys was supposed to join them and meet Ina for the first time but sadly got covid.

Why do these girls are constantly getting the Wu-Flu?

Yoidore Shirazu cover by Shirayuki Tomoe drops tomorrow.

Cant wait. I have been addicted to this song ever since it came out.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Considering how much people bullshit the rules now due to how vague some of 5E's rules are, I don't really care as a built-in game mechanic if divine classes just let you do whatever as long as you have a reasonable reason why (not this particular reason, but just in-general). It isn't hard to just go "Your God doesn't give you their power for this task" or just "They'll only use it to keep the devoted safe and tell the evil party to fuck off" to pull a fast one on the Tempus party's bullshit. That's probably how I'd do it personally, I don't need a manual to tell me I can turn off a cleric's magic and in the end I get DM fiat.

I'm going to presume that Vesper will force them to retreat in overall failure, I think he'll make an excuse for why it doesn't just murder them like the goblins come back t o take control of it or the dragon is just pissed and starts fucking with the kobolds like if the chief is a egotistical asshole trying to command it, but otherwise this is going to be a failure for their original objective. Catxel will go on a redemption arc for failing to save someone, Altor will get the fear of god imposed on him, and CurioBot/Magni will learn that EB doesn't just solve everything ever.

I know that it doesn't have to be in the book to be something to employ but I do wish that there was an existing mention or precedent for it established within the rules to kind of get across the idea that the deities of the settings aren't just impotent, passive observers and they will limit/cut off people that are acting against their desires, and that the abilities and magics of the Divine classes are tied to adhering to their particular tenets of faith. It would make it clear that what they're doing is evil in trying to force someone to break their faith.

If anything I'd think the dragon would want to go back to the kobolds over anything, the relation between kobold servants and dragons is pretty symbiotic and I consider the strength of a kobold tribe in service to a dragon to be a part of it's own hoard and/or a point of pride considering the amount of blind devotion kobolds can have to their chosen dragon. The dedication to protecting a wyrmling into adulthood in order to gain protection makes sense for the kobolds and the dragon would understand this power dynamic and accept it because it knows in the end it will be the one with power and the kobolds are only happy to serve. Dez (and maybe the rest of the party) kind of revealed their misunderstanding of this relationship by asking about how the kobolds control the dragon. It's not a matter of control and dominance for them, they're not trying to wield the dragon's power, they're already in full supplication and willful in surrendering themselves to dominion once the dragon is of age. That dragon sure as shit isn't going to allow itself to be controlled by some chucklefuck manlings that think they can simply own it's power, if they're lucky at all they'll get an offer to surrender themselves to service, but more likely it's going to come to either the dragon just fucking off on them because attempting to physically stop it or engage it is very likely to just kill them all unless they get super lucky.

I think I'm getting why Vesper's said that it's been an unhinged session, because it's almost certainly going to go to absolute shit. I wouldn't mind if it ended up in a full wipe because it would be a good lesson to them about the realities of tabletop games. You can for sure do whatever you want to do, but not everything is guaranteed to work out positively.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
I know that it doesn't have to be in the book to be something to employ but I do wish that there was an existing mention or precedent for it established within the rules to kind of get across the idea that the deities of the settings aren't just impotent, passive observers and they will limit/cut off people that are acting against their desires, and that the abilities and magics of the Divine classes are tied to adhering to their particular tenets of faith. It would make it clear that what they're doing is evil in trying to force someone to break their faith.

If anything I'd think the dragon would want to go back to the kobolds over anything, the relation between kobold servants and dragons is pretty symbiotic and I consider the strength of a kobold tribe in service to a dragon to be a part of it's own hoard and/or a point of pride considering the amount of blind devotion kobolds can have to their chosen dragon. The dedication to protecting a wyrmling into adulthood in order to gain protection makes sense for the kobolds and the dragon would understand this power dynamic and accept it because it knows in the end it will be the one with power and the kobolds are only happy to serve. Dez (and maybe the rest of the party) kind of revealed their misunderstanding of this relationship by asking about how the kobolds control the dragon. It's not a matter of control and dominance for them, they're not trying to wield the dragon's power, they're already in full supplication and willful in surrendering themselves to dominion once the dragon is of age. That dragon sure as shit isn't going to allow itself to be controlled by some chucklefuck manlings that think they can simply own it's power, if they're lucky at all they'll get an offer to surrender themselves to service, but more likely it's going to come to either the dragon just fucking off on them because attempting to physically stop it or engage it is very likely to just kill them all unless they get super lucky.

I think I'm getting why Vesper's said that it's been an unhinged session, because it's almost certainly going to go to absolute shit. I wouldn't mind if it ended up in a full wipe because it would be a good lesson to them about the realities of tabletop games. You can for sure do whatever you want to do, but not everything is guaranteed to work out positively.
The best way the relationship between a dragon and her kobolds has been described is in Neverwinter nights:: Shadows of undrentide.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom