"I just see peepees, what is going on OH IT'S A HOT DOG, oh I'm sorry... shut uuuuuuup!!!"Hakos Baelz

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Cat boy Wolf girl plays New Vegas
If you haven't watched Hanabi before, she has a super cute accent and pronounces English words wrong (cutely) constantly.

I’ve enjoyed her streams from time to time. I was always surprised on how she never drew in more Indonesians due to her being one herself. Oceane has drawn some out to her streams for the same reason.

It’s a shame she’s not more popular but I think Hanabi is probably okay with it. Definitely gives off the vibe like vtubing is more of a temporary thing for her just to have some fun while going to uni. I believe she’s 19 or so.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
So @Reticule when are you gonna get to fixing your oshi? Because from what mine eyes see, she's only seemingly getting worse with each passing day.
I would hope that you'd get on with it before the she's too far gone...
:smugpipi:
Any day now, any day now.
:icanfixher: :pippasadl:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Gigachud requests a roommate thread for archival purposes. The farms have no system for it and it's high time we have one.
Go scour the old pages, if you can't handle it, you didn't do anything to earn that information.

Stop being a lazy bum and search for it yourself.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Any day now, any day now.
:icanfixher: :pippasadl:

Will you at least remember us all when you finally get to hold hands with your future trad tard wife?

RiverBear

Didn't know Lilpa had a concert on Youtube

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

So the quote on-quote "commie" Futakuchi Mana has just dropped her metal cover of Finana's Tsunami. It's pretty neat (don't really like the background metal screamos but still neat), but my mind was like

"So a commie tankie is trying to tell others to :educateyourself:, I guess?"

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Will you at least remember us all when you finally get to hold hands with your future trad tard wife?
No promises but I'll do my best to keep you proletariat in mind.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Cat boy Wolf girl plays New Vegas
If you haven't watched Hanabi before, she has a super cute accent and pronounces English words wrong (cutely) constantly.

"That took so many boolets"
- she, shooting baby gecko with a disintegrating rusty broken not-GRA laser pistol

SHE FUCKING SKIPPED PRIMM SLIM!!!

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Monaca is holding a memorial stream for her brother who has now passed away, she seems to be in high spirits and is remembering him with her viewers

apparently he had died around 3 or 4 days ago, she held a stream to commemorate him 3 days ago

He was about to debut his own model shortly before he passed, he seemingly didnt get the chance to use it

Judging by this tweet, she got the news on roughly the 17th

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Funko Pops ain't shit, period. They're the very embodiment of the soulless commodification of culture into copy-and-paste plastic abominations with empty eyes and immoveable limbs, exemplifying how their biggest fans lack both a soul and agency in life.

Rosemi playing Just Dance with her 3D model

Edit: holy shit ska Santa

Funko pops are bottom-grade soulless garbage. The type of people that watch Big Bang Theory are their main target audience.

SPOODOR CRIMS!!! i missed part one was there anything interesting?

She talked about her family. Talked about feeling like a failure or the family fuckup because her siblings are married and have kids n shit and she's a vtuber. Also mentioned that she has been getting a ton of support from her community and her sister tuned into one of her streams and told her she was really proud of her. She teared up a bit.

I feel like she should work on her marketing. Someone made a "deez nutz" joke and she got mad because that is not her style or type of content. Honestly she should go for a younger audience just with how safe and clean her image is. The only problem is that usually when you go for that audience you have to be a bit more high-energy and loud and that part does not fit her brand.

Earlier today I was watching Panko's stream and she was talking about Rie and how many covers she has released in such a short amount of time. She also was talking about getting Phase Connect gen 1 ads and then asking chat if they got ads. She mentioned that Sakana was not happy that a good number of people that were already subbed to Phase were getting ads for gen 2 and that he wanted the ads to go to people that were not subscribed to Phase members because they would be new potential watchers instead of people that probably already were going to watch Phase gen 2 anyways.

That said a bunch of people in chat commented that they started watching Phase because of the Ads. Few people checked Phase gen 1 after getting the first ads, others checked after Uruka's cover and Michiru's original which got a ton of ads. Finally a few others commented on tuning in after gen 2 ads. While Sakana is right that you dont really want the ads to go to the people that are already following, he does need to promote smaller projects a bit more with ads.

Monaca is holding a memorial stream for her brother who has now passed away, she seems to be in high spirits and is remembering him with her viewers

apparently he had died around 3 or 4 days ago, she held a stream to commemorate him 3 days ago

He was about to debut his own model shortly before he passed, he seemingly didnt get the chance to use it

Damn. I guess she is in high spirits because he's been in a pretty shitty condition for a while. After watching someone suffer for so long it almost feels like a relief once they pass.

Edit: Damn some of her fans made a tribute song with fanart of both of them. Fuck man. That shit hits hard.

Last edited:

Diya

✨𝓗𝓪𝓰 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮✨ (Talent Freedom'ed since 2022)

Her brother, called Bronaca/Ani-ping, was fighting cancer for years and have been in and out of hospital. His condition suddenly got worse and was admit for chemo and all that last month. About two-three weeks ago, the doctor give an estimate that he have about eight months left. Turn out it was far too optimistic. I knew this gonna happen when he suddenly tweet last week that he's going home, confirmed Hospice care in hindsight.
He was a cool, positive dude who stay strong to the very end. Bless be his soul.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
View attachment 8677
Wait wait, are they Loli's or Downies? The art sucks and I hate the brown one with the glasses the most!
Edit: These bitches aren't even new, they're just crappy nobody vtubers oh wow now you have twitter to spam shitty art of all 5 of you, wow that's completely different.
This is the tumblr "I fixed your artwork" style but with lolis. It's kinda ugly.

She seems to change her model every month or two and it doesn't make sense to me - the model's the most prominent part of a vtuber's brand so changing it unnecessarily seems counterproductive. Her channel's huge so she's obviously doing well regardless, but I feel model updates would be more lucrative if they were spaced out more so they were more of an 'event'.

Gigachud requests a roommate thread for archival purposes. The farms have no system for it and it's high time we have one.
We shot this idea down early on iirc because putting a lot of information together in one place is a lightningrod for takedown notices. It's not that hard to find what you're looking for for bigger vtubers, and for smaller ones you just have to use the search to find what you want, and save/bookmark anything you might want to refer back to later.

Earlier today I was watching Panko's stream and she was talking about Rie and how many covers she has released in such a short amount of time. She also was talking about getting Phase Connect gen 1 ads and then asking chat if they got ads. She mentioned that Sakana was not happy that a good number of people that were already subbed to Phase were getting ads for gen 2 and that he wanted the ads to go to people that were not subscribed to Phase members because they would be new potential watchers instead of people that probably already were going to watch Phase gen 2 anyways.

That said a bunch of people in chat commented that they started watching Phase because of the Ads. Few people checked Phase gen 1 after getting the first ads, others checked after Uruka's cover and Michiru's original which got a ton of ads. Finally a few others commented on tuning in after gen 2 ads. While Sakana is right that you dont really want the ads to go to the people that are already following, he does need to promote smaller projects a bit more with ads.
Music is something I think vtubers in general should promote more, especially corpos who have the cash to invest in bigger marketing campaigns. It's accessible, shareable content because people can easily post songs they like on social media or send them to their friends, and I imagine that'll have a trickle-down effect especially for people like Uruka who do semi-frequent karaoke and music streams.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Early holiday well wishes to you fucking animals.

chihirogumi

She seems to change her model every month or two and it doesn't make sense to me - the model's the most prominent part of a vtuber's brand so changing it unnecessarily seems counterproductive. Her channel's huge so she's obviously doing well regardless, but I feel model updates would be more lucrative if they were spaced out more so they were more of an 'event'.
I agree. I somewhat like Mouse, but every so often I tune in to her stream and am utterly confused when she switches up her model entirely for the 20th time with a new color scheme, clothing, and artist. Very jarring and it hurts her brand since she doesn't have a defining look that people can point to. I also agree it can be done right sparingly. Sakura Miko's old model had SOUL (and I hope she goes back to it in a one-off stream for nostalgia), but the new model she got almost two years ago has helped with her growth and she's been fine ever since.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why are the japs fascinated with padoru? Or is it just an ironic weeb thing? I thought the moon people only celebrated a perverted version of (the already perverted by amerifats) christmas mainly geared towards couples and eating KFC...? (meaning they have 3 fucking valentines days, ironic for a people with some of the lowest birth and marriage rates :SelenHAHAhere:)

kukkia

Early Adopter
Why are the japs fascinated with padoru? Or is it just an ironic weeb thing? I thought the moon people only celebrated a perverted version of (the already perverted by amerifats) christmas mainly geared towards couples and eating KFC...? (meaning they have 3 fucking valentines days, ironic for a people with some of the lowest birth and marriage rates :SelenHAHAhere:)
Christmas is basically a capitalism holiday, not a Christian one, and Japan is pretty damn capitalist. The whole couple angle is definitely more emphasized in Japan but if you go there around this time of year you'll still see a fair amount of Christmas themed stuff in stores, restaurants, etc. Not America levels, but still.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina's second ASMR got cut short when her power went out :shiinastare: It was really good while it lasted, at least she's in relatively a warm place.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
IRyS likely hinted she will be on Senchou's Sister Marine stream later:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom