"The earth that we all stand on; Nevermind, we all are children of the Earth, we are children of Takenoko"Omaru Polka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I bring news from the motherland, it's looking bleaker.
Did any of the other sub-communities manage to make their own thing or go somewhere? I imagine the Beauty Parlor menheras went to some gossip forum, but I don't know where the others would go.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
1663705825240.png
:smugpipi:

I love this blonde gremlin

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
That's a bummer, but I think he's had this happen before. I know he's talked about registering new companies and joked that his next one would be a phone book company. I really hate the people going after him, it's just absurd that he can't even have a mailbox.

It's even more annoying that they pretend what they're doing is virtuous and not just out of spite to hurt the guy. Killing his PO box isn't going to influence his site, it's just being a dick
1663706352532.png

Goddamn, I'll probably download the Virtual Youtuber thread archive of KF when Josh really gives up and puts all the data onto a torrent.
I think @Steiger has an archive that they condensed to a couple gigs in the site discussion thread.

Did any of the other sub-communities manage to make their own thing or go somewhere? I imagine the Beauty Parlor menheras went to some gossip forum, but I don't know where the others would go.
The Ralph and trans Ralph people seem to mostly be on Poast now and are rather active. I'm guessing the beauty parlor people went to ED as that seems to have a userbase similar to them, though I haven't checked. The one splinter site appears to still be dead, guess people didn't want to go there for refuge and I don't necessarily blame them.

My Immortal

The communities I seen didn't seem to have a backup plan in mind like the Vtuber thread did when the motherland started going offline. Unless they managed to form a temporary sub-community on Poast or Discord, I would think that they're still waiting for the main site to come back up.

Ensok

Early Adopter
The communities I seen didn't seem to have a backup plan in mind like the Vtuber thread did when the motherland started going offline. Unless they managed to form a temporary sub-community on Poast or Discord, I would think that they're still waiting for the main site to come back up.
The Star Wars thread has a Discord as a back up that I probably should've joined weeks ago but will likely do so now.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
View attachment 886

Goddamn, I'll probably download the Virtual Youtuber thread archive of KF when Josh really gives up and puts all the data onto a torrent.
If I have the space.
The press is absolute scum.

paul

Early Adopter
View attachment 886

If I have the space.
As it was already said, Steiger archived the thread already: 6800 pages with 6,8 gb file size. He posted the link in the forum discussion thread.

Subaru retweeted this tweet from the official japanese Darktide 40K account. Check out the second picture:
FdAcmQ8aUAEVElD.jpg

Also Pekora enjoying the destructive power of noble phantasms

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
View attachment 886

If I have the space.
I have my major issues with Josh but hopefully he’ll be alright.

I’m surprised he’s still going, that’s one positive thing I can say about him, he’s very resilient

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
Good thing I bookmarked this place a few days before the Farms went caput. This has all been so tiresome... If the farms do go down for good, it will live on in spirit, at least. Looking forward to shitposting with you all again!

Currently have Amiya on in the background as I type. Loving the comfy game show games stream!

Also goddammit Ame you almost gave me a heart attack.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Also, I don't know if anyone remembers this, but the one extremely creepy/ possibly trolling guy who makes black metal and dungeon synth covers of vtuber bgms has become incredibly prolific busting out several vidoes a day. Here are some newer ones that I liked:

Refresher for why I think this dude is off:

Good for him to weaponize his autism into something productive. He should stick to the covers and stray away from whatever the hell that Erina video is. Also, that sudden realization that he lives in the same shithole I live in. Bruh.

You've gotten serious answers already. Non-serious is clearly because the producers lose interest once their underage protégés get too old which usually coincides with their high school graduation.
Somewhat related but Menudo also had a similar "graduation" once the boys turned 18 or so. Not sure if they adopted it from Japanese idol culture or it was just a random coincidence. I believe they toured in Japan for a bit so it might be possible.

My Immortal

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
It would be awesome if there existed a vtuber who covered ancient history in a totally unbiased manner like Dovahhatty.
I've been saying since the original thread that he should get his avatar rigged and do off the cuff history streams in-between the regular videos.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Smol office fox lady beat her second Slay the Spire run by getting a lucky ass Silent run, got Apparition event with fucking Shuriken and Kunai relics while getting a decent Shiv build that wasn't vs Time Eater as she just barely drew lethal before she died. I swear the stars literally aligned to ensure she won that run to overcome her just pressing buttons sometimes. Her chat was giving some really sketchy advice that she actually followed too. I hope she plays to see Ascension 20 so she can fight two act 3 bosses at once.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Dang, that might be the deepest thought he has ever had.
As Vesper said:
"Axel's brain is like an old CPU. He has a single core but it goes crazy fast"

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Lurker No. 9

Zoomer v Boomer: Edited Edition

Lurked enough to know its been said a million times, but Cover really hit gold by getting the first corpo virtual dadtuber in the west and this stream cemented it for me. Blows my mind that back in his indie days he thought he had nothing to offer and now he's the monetary powerhouse of Tempus.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
View attachment 886

If I have the space.
I just don't have words for it anymore. I'm tired and saddened that so many people are willing to buckle. If only I could win the lottery and bankroll the site to create another fucking Internet because that's what it is going to take at this point. I hope Josh is doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom