"Wait when is the 4th of July though, on the 4th?"Henya the Genius

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Is this the power of gacha? Even if she is one of the biggest vtuber worldwide in terms of ccv, this is wild.
fgo gacha streams seem to be racking quite the views because even Shien himself is peaking at 5k right now, his average usually ranges between 2-3k views for comparison. gacha suffering still a popular brand of entertainment I guess

obviously don't do gacha kids
Screenshot 2022-09-20 220657.png

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!

Trudwal

Towa baby
Other than Nene, Suisei (sort of) and now Lui, which other Holos have admitted to auditioning multiple times?
Watame

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
And I often feel like Nina is sorta hated on due to her, ... idk what to call it, but everyone treats her like a mom and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes? Often you see people accusing her of being a leech and such, which makes talking about Nina and her streams a bit of a hassle. She's really just fulfilling the role that fell on her. I remember on the old site we had tweets from her RM, didn't she say she wasn't comfy at first with the mom stuff? Like she's only 29 lol.
Nina has a unique set of antis that baby the NijiEN boys (especially Mysta) so everytime she interacts with any of them in a way that activates their schizophrenia they start furiously tweeting and making pastebins of all her accursed crimes, i dunno if it actually got posted onto the farms but a couple weeks ago she go one of those circling around by some schizo tumblr types.
EDIT: I found the pastebin link again, it was probably posted on the farms because it was archived

https://controlc.com/15e1f6c7 https://archive.ph/erP6y

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Yeah, from me
Excuse me sir, have you properly checked to see if Laplus fits the head rule before making such a joke? We don't tolerate that kind of degeneracy around here unless they are at least 6 heads tall!

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
Excuse me sir, have you properly checked to see if Laplus fits the head rule before making such a joke? We don't tolerate that kind of degeneracy around here unless they are at least 6 heads tall!
Oh shit, yeah, taking a forced break from the usual place kinda borked me a bit, my bad

Talking about relevant things, the whole Kronii shit is a stupid shitshow and I hope it blows over soon. Although I have to admit that some of the memes are really funny xD

Orange woman good.jpeg

Jan K. Hater

A trick people used to use in the homeland was to post something that SEEMED like it was thought out and full of effort, but entirely wrong. Often Scuttle or someone would show up and correct them. It was pretty convenient lol, but I'm not sure if anyone's tried it here yet.
Isn't that just conversation? Someone thinks they're smart, you disagree and then discuss? I guess if people are trying to bait by merely pretending to be smart there's a lot of problems going on though.

I haven't been very active in the thread in a long time, but going way back there's always been problems with meta talk, I've thought. If you each try to keep the conversation going forward, you can go interesting places. But when you've got someone saying, "There's too much Gura talk right now! Shut up you guys!" there's no place for that to go, it's just a roadblock. Even something more positive like pointing out the lack of Niji talk and inviting more is generally gonna result in people trying to force out something quick to help out.

Not trying to shit on anybody, just pointing out it's better to talk about Niji and 2views than to talk about talking about Niji and 2views.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Twitter embeds seem broken at the moment (thanks @Godzilla1984), hopefully they will come back online soon. We may want to start taking screen shots again / archive if this continues to happen. If they don't seem broken to you, they are probably cached in your browser.

What's really weird is I can still put in embeds in Brave and it resolves, but Firefox craps out.

You can put links in Code and the embeds won't automatically convert them:
Screenshot 2022-09-20 110935.gif

Code:
https://twitter.com/irys_en/status/1572246683693772800

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
What's funny is her irl self probs fail the head check too cause she's small from what I recall. And dresses how you expect a girl that portays Laplus

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Nina has a unique set of antis that baby the NijiEN boys (especially Mysta) so everytime she interacts with any of them in a way that activates their schizophrenia they start furiously tweeting and making pastebins of all her accursed crimes, i dunno if it actually got posted onto the farms but a couple weeks ago she go one of those circling around by some schizo tumblr types.
Add to that /pol/ crusading to try and get her fired for her PL political views. Honestly, Nina has mellow down a lot. She seems more comfortable with her role and she is trying to make the most of it.

On the topic of NijiEN talents, I don't blame Scarle for numberfagging. ILUNA is carrying the brunt right now of Nijisanji hate. We've seen it time after time with all of the EN waves; except NOCTYX and ILUNA have it harder due to following after LUXIEM. I don't think her feelings are wrong, although I think they are misplaced (as someone mentioned above, she isn't doing that bad). I just think Scarle can't find her niche and due to that her streams suffer a lot. She has the hot model. I think she has the personality to use it, but there's nothing entertaining aside from the flirty. ILUNA and NOCTYX have good streamers but the match-up for their gens/models seem weird. There is no chemistry in their so they all come off as solos than together.

fgo gacha streams seem to be racking quite the views because even Shien himself is peaking at 5k right now, his average usually ranges between 2-3k views for comparison. gacha suffering still a popular brand of entertainment I guess

obviously don't do gacha kids
View attachment 856
Not surprising since Japanese love their type/moon IPs. I thinnk in August the game made 6 billion yen on just banners. I wonder how much more will it do with this boost.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Kiara continuing her GTA V playthrough. Hopefully she'll see it to completion

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I recommend Enhancer for Youtube. Besides speed you can control audio, picture-in-picture mode when scrolling down the comments, take screenshots, set filters and a lot of more stuff.
I second Enhancer, been using it for years.
I run Brave and here are my extensions:
Screenshot_1.png
They all should be self explanatory.
Between redundancies, Twitch and YouTube do what I tell them to do.

Edit:
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Yeah...
he had to pity, F

ShienF.jpeg

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I second Enhancer, been using it for years.
I run Brave and here are my extensions:
They all should be self explanatory.
Between redundancies, Twitch and YouTube do what I tell them to do.
Good stuff, I second ClearURLs as well, but no Decentraleyes? C'mon man!

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
IIRC Koe and Naggz are PhasePilled, because chat made them view Miichan and Pippa clips on several ocasions. I might also have seen NothingButAFan (their resident weeb guide) in Pippa's SC a month or so ago.
Naggz is mostly familiar with Tenma, and I think at this point mostly knows Pippa as Tenma adjacent. Tenma's been getting a lot of fans on his reaction vids and such. Beyond that, Tenma's been in his chat and he seems fairly proud to point out she called him "Funny man" lol. I don't know if he's ever investigated any stream of hers though, especially since I typically miss everything she does on twitch.

Amusing side note: Some number autist in his comments keeps track of who has shown up how many times, apparently Tenma's at 20, which is also top 20 of all Vtubers who have shown up in 69 (nice) episodes. PIppa is at 7 appearances. Which probably makes sense since Tenma with all her shenanigans is probably a far more.. "safe for normie" type option. Also the ESL likely prevents some spergery that could be possible due to culture differences. A couple of those are also Pippa/Tenma duos clips.

Koe I actively don't know if he's familiar with Pippa at all since I don't check his content, but he has a video on his channel where Tenma showed up while he was watching some South Park clip of her.

Far as I've seen it just seems like both are vaguely aware the two exist in some manner and enjoy them moreso than PC itself.

Isn't that just conversation? Someone thinks they're smart, you disagree and then discuss? I guess if people are trying to bait by merely pretending to be smart there's a lot of problems going on though.

I haven't been very active in the thread in a long time, but going way back there's always been problems with meta talk, I've thought. If you each try to keep the conversation going forward, you can go interesting places. But when you've got someone saying, "There's too much Gura talk right now! Shut up you guys!" there's no place for that to go, it's just a roadblock. Even something more positive like pointing out the lack of Niji talk and inviting more is generally gonna result in people trying to force out something quick to help out.

Not trying to shit on anybody, just pointing out it's better to talk about Niji and 2views than to talk about talking about Niji and 2views.
I should clarify it was just a joke somebody made in the OG thread where "If you post the wrong info, someone will show up to correct you."
It wasn't usually an argument or anything, in fact most people found it super helpful. It happened a few times where someone had the actual correct information and posted, then typically everyone was like oh cool we learned something.

So I didn't intend to sound like I was shitting on anybody either. I'd argue that the thread has typically been on board with talking about anyone and everyone, and on top of that most of the regulars are perfectly glad to be corrected or discuss. Well as long as there wasn't some passive aggressive tribal fagging or woe is me slapped on it.
Personally I hope we do pick up a few more Niji enjoyers to give updates. As far as I recall we lost 2 or 3 posters in the meantime who usually did that. I know one doesn't intend to bother, the other seems mia. Granted they were mostly a Nijiguys follower.

The only times I believe I've seen actual meta fatigue is stuff like the Pippa dox and things like that. Where it lasted for like 30 pages despite basically just getting dumped, then somewhat corrected and partly debunked a week or so later. But one could argue the 27 or so pages between those were totally unnecessary.
Even then it's often not so much people say "Shut the fuck up already." they usually just say "Okay as a break from all that" and post their clips or whatnot.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Holofightz is creating Nene right now, if anyone wishes to see their process

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Almost on my 3rd day without power. 3rd world living at its finest. I have like 4 clips I need to edit but due to the power/internet situation, these may take a bit to post.

Glad you're ok my dude. Stay safe, we need your phase clips or else Low Effort Clips will monopolize the market.

Since you've mentioned Shiina, I'll share this week's schedule below.

FdAKyxCagAIWisi[1].jpg

Slow week because she's gonna have her first live performance in Ai Matsuri this sunday (same place where Pippa will be doing some meet and greets).

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I always say quasarcake is a hit or miss, but I think this Ame in the bus is a definite hit

Ame bus by quasarcake.jpg

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Naggz is mostly familiar with Tenma, and I think at this point mostly knows Pippa as Tenma adjacent. Tenma's been getting a lot of fans on his reaction vids and such. Beyond that, Tenma's been in his chat and he seems fairly proud to point out she called him "Funny man" lol. I don't know if he's ever investigated any stream of hers though, especially since I typically miss everything she does on twitch.

Amusing side note: Some number autist in his comments keeps track of who has shown up how many times, apparently Tenma's at 20, which is also top 20 of all Vtubers who have shown up in 69 (nice) episodes. PIppa is at 7 appearances. Which probably makes sense since Tenma with all her shenanigans is probably a far more.. "safe for normie" type option. Also the ESL likely prevents some spergery that could be possible due to culture differences. A couple of those are also Pippa/Tenma duos clips.

Koe I actively don't know if he's familiar with Pippa at all since I don't check his content, but he has a video on his channel where Tenma showed up while he was watching some South Park clip of her.

Far as I've seen it just seems like both are vaguely aware the two exist in some manner and enjoy them moreso than PC itself.

I should clarify it was just a joke somebody made in the OG thread where "If you post the wrong info, someone will show up to correct you."
It wasn't usually an argument or anything, in fact most people found it super helpful. It happened a few times where someone had the actual correct information and posted, then typically everyone was like oh cool we learned something.

So I didn't intend to sound like I was shitting on anybody either. I'd argue that the thread has typically been on board with talking about anyone and everyone, and on top of that most of the regulars are perfectly glad to be corrected or discuss. Well as long as there wasn't some passive aggressive tribal fagging or woe is me slapped on it.
Personally I hope we do pick up a few more Niji enjoyers to give updates. As far as I recall we lost 2 or 3 posters in the meantime who usually did that. I know one doesn't intend to bother, the other seems mia. Granted they were mostly a Nijiguys follower.

The only times I believe I've seen actual meta fatigue is stuff like the Pippa dox and things like that. Where it lasted for like 30 pages despite basically just getting dumped, then somewhat corrected and partly debunked a week or so later. But one could argue the 27 or so pages between those were totally unnecessary.
Even then it's often not so much people say "Shut the fuck up already." they usually just say "Okay as a break from all that" and post their clips or whatnot.

As I remember it one of the most tiring thread derailings was the rushia drama, that lasted for like 2 weeks, and it was the only time I wished we had a whole board to ourselves so that the drama discussion could be had elsewhere with all of the details well categorized in an OP. But apart from that the motherland had a lot more people who complained about the content than actually shitty or repetitive content. And usually dramafests and spergouts were interspersed with stream commentary, random clips, fanart and just random convos that were a breath of fresh air from all of the rabid vitriol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom