"Just kill yourself with knives, it's easy!"Onolumi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Imagine what Rackets is thinking right now that he just got raided by a vtuber and his CCV has doubled.
He's probably thinking that he wishes he didn't post his nudes as he used to get closer to 10k CCV on night streams before.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Can some Nijifags here confirm whether these claims have any weight or are blowing shit out of the water? A lot of the complaints sound like some nit-picky shit you typically see the idiots on Iketog spew.
The general gist of those posts fits the category of "yeah in hindsight they may be right but I didn't think it was that bad at the time." Doxx site autists tend to overreact to everything but sometimes where there is smoke there's actually a fire. I think they are definitely exaggerating Yugo's on-stream difficulties (and some of the stuff they are bringing up were jokes) but getting at a part of his personality that would have made things difficult off-stream. Some of the complaints are dumb, though, like the male-female stuff (does anyone think Finana cares about being called a bitch lol?) So yeah, pretty nit-picky and exaggerated, not entirely true, but not totally false either.

I was never a Yugo watcher and only really saw him in collabs. I didn't dislike Yugo either, but I did find it sometimes hard to tell when he was seriously angry about shit or just putting on an act. I just kinda chocked that up to my own inability to read social cues for ESL speakers but in hindsight he probably was pretty angry whenever something didn't go his way. Frankly Yugo did come off as a bit immature when it comes to language. I guess his background left him in a fairly awkward situation in which he can speak English, Japanese, and (at least some) Thai, but isn't great in any of them. Some people would see this as a blessing - he could easily bring both his Japanese and English to native levels if he tried - but I guess he didn't If he approached English or Japanese with more diligence he'd probably be fine. But he didn't seem to want to take the time to understand things, and the result is that sometimes it felt like he had a harder time grasping stuff in English than someone like, say, Pikamee or Meloco (based on her few streams).

I think the poster in this pic is pretty accurate:
Fj9aC-OVsAAV6Az.jpeg

It was clear to me even as a non-Japanese speaker that Yugo's Japanese is also very limited and forceful. Considering how obsessed Japanese people are with decorum, I'm not surprised that upset some people. Some livers like Nagao (who likes energetic people) and Oliver (who is familiar with gaijin) but others would definitely be put off by his behavior. I can see why JP livers and fans are much more open to people like Shu, Elira, Petra, Sonny, even Alban, etc who are far more polite and understanding of social queues. Also, this just reminds me of that one stream in which Shu flexed hard on Yugo's Japanese skills.

Even in English Yugo could come off as a bit rude to other livers. It did feel like he needed to be around some of the people who "got" him (mainly Fulgur or Sonny) to be able to interact with others. That's not ideal in a vtuber. I don't wanna LARP as a doctor but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Yugo is actually autistic.

Meloco is an interesting comparison to Yugo because she's pretty obviously a similar liver in many regards but has been much better received (of course, it's only been a few days) by JP fans. Meloco actually understands Japanese fully and seems like she's more genuine about learning English, which is why I said earlier that unless Yugo changed overnight they aren't the same person (that and they don't sound alike lol).

I'm one of the resident Nijifags so I'm not gonna be like "oh yeah I'm nothing happy Yugo is gone!" But I think it is telling that my general reaction to the news was "well, at least that's over," whereas if it was most other livers I'd be genuinely sad. I don't really think Yugo fit in all that well, and it is probably for the best for all parties that he moved on.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The general gist of those posts fits the category of "yeah in hindsight they may be right but I didn't think it was that bad at the time." Doxx site autists tend to overreact to everything but sometimes where there is smoke there's actually a fire. I think they are definitely exaggerating Yugo's on-stream difficulties (and some of the stuff they are bringing up were jokes) but getting at a part of his personality that would have made things difficult off-stream. Some of the complaints are dumb, though, like the male-female stuff (does anyone think Finana cares about being called a bitch lol?) So yeah, pretty nit-picky and exaggerated, not entirely true, but not totally false either.

I was never a Yugo watcher and only really saw him in collabs. I didn't dislike Yugo either, but I did find it sometimes hard to tell when he was seriously angry about shit or just putting on an act. I just kinda chocked that up to my own inability to read social cues for ESL speakers but in hindsight he probably was pretty angry whenever something didn't go his way. Frankly Yugo did come off as a bit immature when it comes to language. I guess his background left him in a fairly awkward situation in which he can speak English, Japanese, and (at least some) Thai, but isn't great in any of them. Some people would see this as a blessing - he could easily bring both his Japanese and English to native levels if he tried - but I guess he didn't If he approached English or Japanese with more diligence he'd probably be fine. But he didn't seem to want to take the time to understand things, and the result is that sometimes it felt like he had a harder time grasping stuff in English than someone like, say, Pikamee or Meloco (based on her few streams).

I think the poster in this pic is pretty accurate:
View attachment 8045

It was clear to me even as a non-Japanese speaker that Yugo's Japanese is also very limited and forceful. Considering how obsessed Japanese people are with decorum, I'm not surprised that upset some people. Some livers like Nagao (who likes energetic people) and Oliver (who is familiar with gaijin) but others would definitely be put off by his behavior. I can see why JP livers and fans are much more open to people like Shu, Elira, Petra, Sonny, even Alban, etc who are far more polite and understanding of social queues. Also, this just reminds me of that one stream in which Shu flexed hard on Yugo's Japanese skills.

Meloco is an interesting comparison because she's pretty obviously a similar liver in many regards but has been much better received (of course, it's only been a few days) by JP fans. Meloco actually understands Japanese fully and seems like she's more genuine about learning English, which is why I said earlier that unless Yugo changed overnight they aren't the same person (that and they don't sound alike lol).

I'm one of the resident Nijifags so I'm not gonna be like "oh yeah I'm happy Yugo is gone." But I think it is telling that my general reaction to the news was "well, at least that's over," whereas if it was most other livers I'd be genuinely sad. I don't really think Yugo fit in all that well, and it is probably for the best that he moved on.

Thanks for the reply. I was honestly under the impression Yugo was native Japanese speaker before reading that compilation of complaints. I don't think I saw much of him speaking a lot of Japanese before that clip you posted, but yeah, it sounds pretty odd.

If Yugo did have a temper issue, I am guessing a lot of it was happening behind the scenes. I just felt like I never really read much about issue with him except the earthquake thing and the drunken menhera episode he had. I am guessing AnyColor asked him to be more humble and chill out or leave, and he couldn't change his ways.

Though, if his JP sucked, his English sucked, and his Thai sucked, what is his native language? And that rrat that he is Meloco is absurd lol.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Anyone know why Tenma's Euro Truck Sim stream has been privated? I was looking forward to that one.

Regarding the potential dox: On the one hand, I'm curious to know all the secrets like everyone else. I know what board we're on (or used to be on), but on the other hand, I feel bad about the thought of her finding out and stressing over it. Is.. is this what having an oshi is?

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Though, if his JP sucked, his English sucked, and his Thai sucked, what is his native language?
If there's one thing I've learned from Americans, it's that you can still suck ass at speaking (especially WRITING) in your native tongue.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
He's probably thinking that he wishes he didn't post his nudes as he used to get closer to 10k CCV on night streams before.
What about Rackets? I stopped paying attention to him a long time ago, but what stupid stuff has he gone and done since? (I did not like his humor, did not feel in good faith also with his supposedly Christian values and how he acted on stream)

(Maybe I'll hop on the ancestral lands and see if there's a summary somewhere, one of you mentioned a MATI episode...?)

kestraline

Early Adopter
Raiding Rackets was nice but she should have raided Pomu as she was live and likely would have responded positively to a Pippa raid too.
Anyone know why Tenma's Euro Truck Sim stream has been privated? I was looking forward to that one.

Regarding the potential dox: On the one hand, I'm curious to know all the secrets like everyone else. I know what board we're on (or used to be on), but on the other hand, I feel bad about the thought of her finding out and stressing over it. Is.. is this what having an oshi is?
She had the radio on playing actual music, mostly a German radio station, wasn't due to yabs or anything. Although she say "final solution".

I do wonder if they will actually pull it off, or if they will just do it through DDK since that is what the recent Ironmouse streams have been on.

Maybe they can ease it in with a call-in stream or something. Any other people in PhaseConnect that people want to see interacting with Hololive?

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Guys, PCG has split and Pippa now has her own thread apart from it. I don't know how to feel about this...

kukkia

Early Adopter
If Yugo did have a temper issue, I am guessing a lot of it was happening behind the scenes. I just felt like I never really read much about issue with him except the earthquake thing and the drunken menhera episode he had. I am guessing AnyColor asked him to be more humble and chill out or leave, and he couldn't change his ways.

Though, if his JP sucked, his English sucked, and his Thai sucked, what is his native language? And that rrat that he is Meloco is absurd lol.
That seems likely, yeah.
I haven't looked too deep into Yugo's PL background so I don't know what was her first language. I guess maybe it was Japanese first, but she then moved abroad and lost a lot of the JP skills? Which would make her a "native" JP speaker, just a very bad one, in the same way some English speakers are quite poor at the English language.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
She had the radio on playing actual music, mostly a German radio station, wasn't due to yabs or anything. Although she say "final solution".
Haha watching her live on Twitch now and she literally just said the reason. Yeah, makes sense.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Guys, PCG has split and Pippa now has her own thread apart from it. I don't know how to feel about this...
Some of their posters don't like Pippa and have tried making a thread just for her on and off for at least a year

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
If there's one thing I've learned from Americans, it's that you can still suck ass at speaking (especially WRITING) in your native tongue.
This is true, especially if you say, keep trying to learn other language at expense of your native language and ended up not learning at all. It might be the reason why I decided to ditch my attempt to learn Japanese, in fear of fucking up my native language + english that I have learned so far (that and relying on weeb club for it might not be the best idea back then)

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Some of their posters don't like Pippa and have tried making a thread just for her on and off for at least a year
I didn't think they would actually do it, I'm shocked!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'll have you know I sent this to my South American friend and he told me this was so frighteningly accurate that it had to have come from personal experience.
Maybe it does...? :smugpipi:

soap suds

I haven't looked too deep into Yugo's PL background so I don't know what was her first language. I guess maybe it was Japanese first, but she then moved abroad and lost a lot of the JP skills? Which would make her a "native" JP speaker, just a very bad one, in the same way some English speakers are quite poor at the English language.
Correct. Yugo was born in Japan but moved around a bit. We know they spent some time in Thailand and maybe lived in Korea for a bit. If I am remembering correctly, Yugo just moved back to Japan because they thought, for whatever reason, that they had to move back in order to get the job. Their apartment was very bare bones and they were in the process of buying furniture early on.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Another one departing the VTuber scene, Noripro's Hoozuki Warabe the oni grandma is retiring as a talent due to family circumstances on 30 January 2023 but may still work on video editing in the background (she did movie and video editing for Marine's Treasure Box and Unison as well as Bae's Play Dice).
Her tweet with Noripro's announcement message.

VSpo's Kurumi Noah is singing right now. Get here since her singing streams (and most VSpo singing streams) are usually unarchived

Also later tonight AZKi as a guest for Choco-sensei's inspection.

Looks like this will be for her great new outfit.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
What about Rackets? I stopped paying attention to him a long time ago, but what stupid stuff has he gone and done since? (I did not like his humor, did not feel in good faith also with his supposedly Christian values and how he acted on stream)

(Maybe I'll hop on the ancestral lands and see if there's a summary somewhere, one of you mentioned a MATI episode...?)
It's something and nothing. He's mostly dropped the Christian thing now though still hangs on to some of it. The big thing that happened was last month he started shilling a product known as the "Balldo" which is a sex toy that goes on your testicles and you use to penetrate a woman with. He not only begged them to be a sponsor, but also got one and used it, and then talked about it on a special stream. Josh and Jim both covered it on their shows, and Jim made a comment that it was a furry thing because the balls stick out the sides kind of make a knot, he then checked the reviews and they were all by furries.

The other thing that happened was Nick's wife now streams and she tells a lot of questionable stories. It also turns out the two of them had a private discord (never use discord) where they shared questionable pictures with patrons. These pictures got leaked. Nothing extreme, just them in their underwear and holding a whisky bottle between thigh and butt cheek, as well as some photos from behind where they're nude at a nude resort called Hedonism 2. They might have been there during "Cuck Week" based on what users found, as they streamed from a hotel room after Anime Matsuri which people believe is the nude resort, though that's questionable.

It's one of those things where it's not horrifying but it's something you should probably keep to yourself and not share with Internet weirdos. Though Nick has been acting more and more degenerate with the sex talks on his streams, though I don't consistently watch them, just a random stream occasionally.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I didn't think they would actually do it, I'm shocked!
I dunno why you would care about pcg breaking apart? 4chans dumpster, retards galore, so much so you cant distinguish normal post from shitpost nowadays and dont get me started on vermin jannies.
With pippa feet stream being the breaking point its only natural that fags would want to split away actual fucking degenerates so that the quality of discussion would be atleast somewhat preserved. f
For as much as it can be considering fucking everyone else. Im calling out liafags.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Don't forget that Pippa managed to get 2K viewers from her stream to Shiina's stream, Shiina continued the feet stream for another hour and got 1K subscribers and a shitload of superchats out of it.
Shiina is very welcoming and she knows that despite her content not being on the same level as Pippa's, she can probably appeal to a part of her audience without having to cannibalize or act as an off-brand version of the yabbit. Its nice to see versus Tenma or Yuri being openly hostile to the Pippa viewers.

Avi got a new outfit two days ago and had a donathon. Really like her model and the new outfit with the shorter haircut is great. Also I just realized that her modeler/rigger did also rigging jobs for Hololive like Aqua's casual outfit and hoodie, Iofi's dress and Kanata's nurse outfit. I wonder how much she had to pay for it.

I really love her model.

Funny thing is that Nyaru used to think Henri was harmless actually. Just a weird schizo and all. However, her opinions have changed in last few days and does think he is cause for concern. So maybe the girls are turning their views on him recently,
Henri is somewhat harmless the main problem is when he decides to start shit with anyone and everyone related to the rabbit. He's the type of person that Kiara bitched about when she talked on Gura's chat that one time.

Whats funny is that im 99% sure Uki identifies as some form of "non binary" so they still have some form of their desired rep

Well, if he isnt next by some act of god lmao
Pretty sure that Uki was just gay and Fulgur said he was bi or some shit.

>rejected by 112 vtuber companies
What did she mean by this?
Means that she probably applied to every small corpo under the sun and got turned down because she had tiny-ass channels.

Pippa mentioned being called a useful idiot.
That tweeting troon got called out.
View attachment 8026
Yeah the useful idiot thing seemed directly targeted at this idiot. I guess this is Rie's Henry breaking containment and starting shit with other talents in the same company.

Pippa is too nice, she thinks Hasan's friends are real and not just California parasites chasing clout. Seeing how the dude behaved towards randos and his fans at Twitchcon when asked about Sam Hyde I think he's just a serious piece of shit towards everyone because he's narcissist. The second Hasan's money and clout dry up all of his "friends" will probably drop him instantly.
While I get her logic, there is no chance in hell the people that hang around Hasan are there because they like him. Its all for clout. That's why content creators all move to California. The hang out with other content creators for clout.

Calli wants the Pippenis.

How many southern vtuber girls are there? This is why Calli vibes well with Gura and I feel like she would also vibe well with the Yabbit if only the Yabbit wouldnt be such a fucking simp.

View attachment 8030
This is the worst idea ever.
Shiina also said something similar. The only decent drunk girl in that company is Tenma.

I unironically think a Pippa interview with Mana asking why she is so batshit crazy would be interesting.

Also, Calli really seems to be interested in Pippa lol. I hope they collab just to see the Twitter sphere explode with spergery and watch the fancords seethe.
I would enjoy a Mana interview. Pippa is fairly great at doing the interviews and I wish she would do more maybe 1 a month or 1 every 3 months atleast.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Now that I have some time I clipped out Grimmi and Aerobuddy voices for comparison purposes. My opinion still stands that they are the same but I could be wrong.
How Grimmi normaly sounds

How Grimmi Sounded during day 6 of her subathon

Aerobuddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom