"What if... in Mars, the alien is the rock?!?! And nobody knows because it is just like a rock?"Moona Hoshinova

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Mooms live with unarchived Karaoke.

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.
Of all the God knows how many livers Nijisanji employs the only ones that ever clicked with me were Belmond Banderas and Hanna Macchia. And I have not watched either in ages because there are so many other good streamers to follow.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
I know everyone is happy that Kronii finally told off her unicorns, but she is still an idiot for going against management's advice and addressing this nonsense in the first place. This wouldn't have blown up into such a big "controversy" if she just ignored it from the start.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Uruka failed to get mario kart to stream so she downloaded Garfield Kart... except the wrong Garfield Kart without multiplayer it seems.

e: and since that was awful she's going to play.... warner bros Multiversus

Last edited:

Mike

Willing to commit genocide at Subaru's command

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Mooms live with unarchived Karaoke.

Never heard much of Mumei's singing, but she's got a pretty good voice for folk/country music. Her voice on Landslide is really good, and that's one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. I should check into her karaoke streams when I have the chance.

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
I know everyone is happy that Kronii finally told off her unicorns, but she is still an idiot for going against management's advice and addressing this nonsense in the first place. This wouldn't have blown up into such a big "controversy" if she just ignored it from the start.
I don't know about that. Ignoring is the smart move, but unfortunately she's the one with the most rabid unicorns. It's bound to happen because we know how crazy turns a small thing into a big fucking deal.

She's based for tackling it head-on even if she couldn't express herself correctly.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Airi doing a chat stream, cozy vibes so far, right now she's discussing the sub rewards and her history as an angsty teen fanfic writer lmao

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
I'm happy to report Niji news, but the problem is the only ones I watch consistently are Selen, Pomu and Nina.

And I often feel like Nina is sorta hated on due to her, ... idk what to call it, but everyone treats her like a mom and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes? Often you see people accusing her of being a leech and such, which makes talking about Nina and her streams a bit of a hassle. She's really just fulfilling the role that fell on her. I remember on the old site we had tweets from her RM, didn't she say she wasn't comfy at first with the mom stuff? Like she's only 29 lol.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She flubbed hard at the start, for sure, but the people she was dealing with will never be happy. The goalpost would keep moving. She could have come out with these statements at the start and they would have just found a different way to complain.

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.
Never heard much of Mumei's singing, but she's got a pretty good voice for folk/country music. Her voice on Landslide is really good, and that's one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. I should check into her karaoke streams when I have the chance.
Mumei is a karaoke-goddess, when she tries. Problem is: Most of the time she does not and just clowns around instead.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
She is the Cyberg Tiger sent by cyberlife

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
they are quite a small blip on the radar where everyone and their mother either talk Holo or notable indies, I can hazard a guess that its probably because thanks to them being big in Japan but not exactly notable in EN.
Imho: theres like 26 of en members, my small brain can barelly keep up with one generation of holo or phase talents. Kind of hard for me to hold a confersation about niji because i often dont know what and when to look for. Nijien flagship rn is Vox and that would be a cool entrypoint, too bad hes a fujobait

Might be a factor for someone else too i dunno

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I'm happy to report Niji news, but the problem is the only ones I watch consistently are Selen, Pomu and Nina.

And I often feel like Nina is sorta hated on due to her, ... idk what to call it, but everyone treats her like a mom and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes? Often you see people accusing her of being a leech and such, which makes talking about Nina and her streams a bit of a hassle. She's really just fulfilling the role that fell on her. I remember on the old site we had tweets from her RM, didn't she say she wasn't comfy at first with the mom stuff? Like she's only 29 lol.
Don't worry we were wary about Nina at first but she has proven herself to be not who she was at least professionally so we respect her now

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Mumei is a karaoke-goddess, when she tries. Problem is: Most of the time she does not and just clowns around instead.
I think that’s definitely true for the past. I think things have gotten better over the last few karaoke streams.

And yeah, she’s phenomenal. On par, if not better than, Gura.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I think we can all agree that neither of them compare to Ame, though.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
While I agree with the sentiment, I question the route he took to get there. Koe as usual shows that he forms his assumptions based on things other people tell him or things that he partially reads and doesn't understand.

From what I've seen, most of the drama comes from Unicorns clipping/quoting parts of Kronii's membership stream and other times she addressed Tempus Collab in such a way that implies she said she would not. Since accurate quotes with context debunks all of that, the Unicorns have shifted the goalpost to say instead that the way she handled it™ is the thing that is upsetting her fans. Others blame Calli for somehow inciting all of this and destroying HL "culture" of CGDCT. Oh and Kronii is insulting all of her senpai somehow? There is no logic here.

My take: streamers can choose to or choose not to collab with whomever they want, viewers can choose to support whomever they want. Only shit on other people if they are exploiting others or are malicious in other ways. Collabing with the opposite gender is neither.
I mostly blame her for the "idol culture" remark she parroted after idiots who use it as a buzzword to force their own expectations on what norms streamers should observe; you can see this in the old thread too. Claim what you want about hololive talents having nothing to do with real idols but they certainly benefited from the theme and several talents have real idol aspirations; reducing the entire thing to a shallow pejorative is disrespectful and handling it this bluntly is at the very least tactless (even if effective in getting some of the gachikoi to fuck off - at the cost of making them her enemies).

Right now all she accomplished were several long days of pointless and annoying drama that wasn't even fun to watch.

Kalion

:)
Everyone can learn from the yabbit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom