"El come culow! hahaha! Yo come culow! Too ers puta! lol 'luh leche de mee madre... NO! no! nonono, no bien! neygativow bien! how'd you say 'no'? Luh leche de su madrey! Luh leche del culow! prostata!"Lia Rinkou

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Here is a link to the Advent Phasmo multi view

1729214682365.png
Her cousin saw she was streaming for Iriam and tried to off themselves.

Last edited:

dumdum did nothing wrong

Damn....Dizzy sounds like she's about to go jump in front of 18 wheeler too.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Ina is going to be one of the guests at Gigi's birthday stream

Last edited:

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
In fairness we all complain about twitch/youtube moderation but the only way it will change is if there's a better alternative. I don't blame anyone for trying to support a new vtuber-oriented streaming platform.
IRIAM isn't new nor good.
From the very quick and dirty searching I did for 5 minutes, seems like this company is a subsidiarity of a much larger e-commerce company that has major shareholders across the Japanese banking industry and even Nintendo has a 12% stake.
Looks like they might be trying to enter the EN vtuber market with Nyaru I guess.
IRIAM is owned by ZIZAI, previously known as DUO, the same corpo which once owned Mirai Ikari and majorly fucked her over.

JusticeDog

It's not exclusive, but it's a very questionable platform. It's app only (no browser support) and vertical mode only.
Why do all these stupid new streaming platforms refuse to let people use it in a browser? :depressedtako:Even dog shit like Tik Tok works on browser, how is that so hard for them to do/understand?

I'll give credit where credit is due. They at least didn't name it Vstreaming or V(something)
Funny you say that, because it turns out that a new corpo/group I saw a few weeks ago is going to be debuting there. :SelenHAHAhere:

----
And those Boarding Passes they are giving away are 3 for $300 and 1 for $1000 in donation funds. They are doing a separate give away for each founding member and there's no limit to how many of these you can win.

So its possible to win up to $30,000+ in free money to groom support any 1-view vtuber of your choice in that app. :MozumiPichi:

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
IRIAM is owned by ZIZAI, previously known as DUO, the same corpo which once owned Mirai Ikari and majorly fucked her over.
From the little bit of english investor info I have found, they were acquired by DeNA not that long ago and seemed to have transitioned focus to their streaming app.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
From the little bit of english investor info I have found, they were acquired by DeNA not that long ago and seemed to have transitioned focus to their streaming app.
Then my source is outdated, these fucking nip corpos are like an endless rabbithole of nonsense. Gonna update the unofficial happenings thread with this new IRIAM shit, I smell drama in the future.

DanishCookies

Tubedude

If you don't think AI voice is evil I think you're an asshole that can't think of others, really.
Mate, lots of western VA's of anime and anime adjacent stuff were complete assholes to people plenty of times before AI voice happened. I'm enjoying so many of them getting their just desserts for their bullshit over the years. Yes it sucks for the beginners or the people who weren't dicks to everyone but their own select few, but the same shit has been happening for decades in every other fucking industry, all those poor blue collars learned how to deal with it, the VA's can learn to deal with it too.
Manual laborers get replaced by automation
"LOL JUST LEARN 2 CODE, LEARN A SKILL, STOP GETTING IN THE WAY OF PROGRESS. YOU PEOPLE ARE SELFISH FUCKS"
AI starts setting its sights on VA work
"NO, YOU CAN'T DO THIS! THIS IS EVIL! I DESERVE TO BE PAID FOR HALFASSING MY WORK AND BEING INSUFFERABLE"

Void Scribas

he best part is that there's 100% going to be twitter accounts that repost art from bluesky and they might even have monetization turned on. This is all very shortsighted.

Artists are not artists because they are good at economy or good administration of resources.

It's not exclusive, but it's a very questionable platform. It's app only (no browser support) and vertical mode only.

WHY IS ALWAYS APP ONLY? Do japs think people watch vtuber only on the phone and not on their computer when doing homework or working?

From the very quick and dirty searching I did for 5 minutes, seems like this company is a subsidiarity of a much larger e-commerce company that has major shareholders across the Japanese banking industry and even Nintendo has a 12% stake.
Looks like they might be trying to enter the EN vtuber market with Nyaru I guess.

Wow, that's actual good backing, too bad they wasting it on some retarted app.

They could have put these indies inside the agency ala Phase Invaders and worked like a professional agency, this experiments never end well.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

VSoyBoy

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

JusticeDog

tarkanoltr

DanishCookies

Which Holo member did drugs?
:baeJam:
Is this the real reason Ina suddenly had to stop streaming for a bit?
No it's regarding that guy who fell from his hotel room balcony... in One Direction

USS IOWA

Which Holo member did drugs?
:baeJam:
Is this the real reason Ina suddenly had to stop streaming for a bit?
Nah I think it's one of the memebers of One Direction, Liam Payne, died after falling from a hotel balcony. It's always the balconies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I don't get why people keep trying to make a vtuber streaming platform. After all YouTube, Twitch and Kick don't make money, and I don't think Rumble does, and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon for any of them.

Now, there is some value in owning YouTube, Twitch, or Rumble, because the owners can influence cultural and political discussion. There's also value in owning Kick if you're funnelling people into your gambling website. Those all make sense to me. However, I don't see the upside of owning a vtubing streaming platform. You could control what vtubers say on your platform, but even ardent vtuber fans are consuming content elsewhere. If you want to groom autistic women pretending to be anime girls, there's easier and cheaper ways to do it than starting a new streaming platform.

Now, if you're not running a streaming platform to make money, or to control what people talk about and how they talk about it, why are multiple groups trying to create vtubing streaming platforms?

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't get why people keep trying to make a vtuber streaming platform. After all YouTube, Twitch and Kick don't make money, and I don't think Rumble does, and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon for any of them.

Now, there is some value in owning YouTube, Twitch, or Rumble, because the owners can influence cultural and political discussion. There's also value in owning Kick if you're funnelling people into your gambling website. Those all make sense to me. However, I don't see the upside of owning a vtubing streaming platform. You could control what vtubers say on your platform, but even ardent vtuber fans are consuming content elsewhere. If you want to groom autistic women pretending to be anime girls, there's easier and cheaper ways to do it than starting a new streaming platform.

Now, if you're not running a streaming platform to make money, or to control what people talk about and how they talk about it, why are multiple groups trying to create vtubing streaming platforms?
Because they see "Vtubers big" "Vtubers profitable" and think "damn if only I could take even a 5% cut of those profits", it has never been logical.
Holo and Niji aren't going to stream in your platform because they prefer ones that can promise them the biggest audiences, so you basically just bribe a bunch of randoms into streaming on your shit to trick some investors into giving you millions because this is definitely the next youtube, you run away with some of the money and bingo.

Top Bottom