"I do need an adult, unironically"Kirschey

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite
I used to watch NijiEN until Pomu left and Selen almost committed suicide because Niji is disgustingly spiteful to their employees. It also made me realize the doc Sayu made about them was right. I used to look up to Riku Tazumi as the same level as Yagoo, but nowadays he's just a pathetic version of Yagoo. The fact he possess vast fortune and underpaying his workers has made me perceive him as excessively greedy just like a pathetic corrupt politician pocketing taxes. Their fanbase is also so toxic, they would go as far as wishing their fellow NijiEN to be kicked out of Anycolor.

Edit: I forgot to add my thoughts about their CEO before my bed time.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
I used to watch NijiEN until Pomu left and Selen almost committed suicide because Niji is disgustingly spiteful to their employees. It also made me realize the doc Sayu made about them was right. Their fanbase is also so toxic, they would go as far as wishing their fellow NijiEN to be kicked out of Anycolor.
I am still surprised Luca has gachis after the Raziel leak

the red road

Postal rrat

chinshilla
Chinchilla is once again facing the ultimate terror angry scottish people

closedblas

So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
All the time. I bookmark my youtube subscriptions page and try to keep it clean.
I guess I don't have an oshi, it just didn't work that way for me.
Probably contrary to a lot of other people here, I do not watch gaming streams at all. About a 70/30 between karaoke and chatting.
  • NijiEN all dropped for obvious reasons. Elira was already getting annoying with all the JPRG streams.
    • I dropped Mint too (sorry). She kinda talked about how she prefers having streams around a game. The Matara podcasts were very good tho.
  • NijiJP only kept Toko and Chima. They don't stream that much and drop a song occasionally. Nornis is pretty good.
    • There's a few that I'm subbed to who stream like once a month. I have a rrat that they grandfathered themselves onto an old contract so they just have to do a rare stream to collect a decent side-job check.
  • HoloENs on and off depending on content. There's a couple of long-form clippers that are good enough for me so I don't watch them live (eg. Fauna).
    • "superchat reading streams" also kind of annoying. I mean I get it but I don't want to listen to it, but it also takes place as a zatsudan.
    • Dropped Kronii because of that sad/weird-vibes phase but picked her back up later.
    • Dropped Nerissa because I've come to hate living in the Midwest. Not into the other advents nor the new gen.
  • HoloJP - only keeping Suisei (doesn't stream much tbh), Botan, Ao and Hajime.
    • At one point (before holoX) I think I had half the JPs but the content just didn't work for me.
  • Phase
    • dropped Jelly because I never catch her live and I'm not watching vods of solitaire.
    • dropped Airi because her audio is horrific.
    • dropped Uruka, Shiina, Eimi. Vibe wasn't right.
    • Yuu is on thin ice because holy fucking shit overwatch
    • Clara too because Airi is infecting her with bad audio production.
    • Still have Eber, Erina, Lia, Loki, Nasa, Dizzy. It's a good time, we're having fun.
  • Brave
    • A bunch of the newer Riot Music girls, didn't impress me that much. Dropped Nagase Yuka too, I don't like that voice type.
    • Dropped Idol's Roca because her karaokes were archived and her other streams are kinda mid.
    • Dropped VspoEN's Narin because she's been seething for 2 months and still haven't dropped a slur. Only keeping Remia.
    • globie's Kiri and V4's Serina were great pick ups, ty mozzumite brownshilling.
    • Dropped Kurumi Noa because... by god it's illegal to be this cute and I don't want to get parasocial.
  • Indies/other corps
    • Dropped Rene from 774. Pretty huge shift in like everything. I dunno what's going on with 774 but there's probably shenanigans.
    • Dropped Miori. She crazy.
    • Dropped Otsuka Ray. Time slot change.
    • Dropped Ruki the flutist, I prefer instrumentalists to show me what they can do instead of covering anisong.
    • Dropped Inuyama Tamaki. NorioPro gives me bad vibes.
    • Dropped Kagura Mea. Weird drama bs and vsinger power creep.
Anyway, I know exactly what I want so I just curate for that.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite

It's not really content related but the timezone change when Kiara moved back to Austria in Feb 2021 was absolutely brutal. She went from being a late night PST streamer to being a morning/afternoon streamer and I basically stopped being able to catch her live. Kept up with vods for a while but the fomo wasn't there anymore and now I mostly just watch timestamps, weekend streams, and clips. I do think she lost quite a few people from the timezone shift... keep in mind this was before even IRyS so Myth alone had only Calli in this timeslot.

Unseiso Dragon

Seiso? Say No!
Pippa got me into Phase but oddly enough never lasted as my oshi.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: sister cleaire, event horizon, no eyes
Early Adopter
The one that I felt clearly is Futakuchi Mana.

Before she went into the 'vtuber woman who is a political activist and shit on you for not having sympathy to the current thing' stuff, she does metal stuff and was pretty dang good at it. Then she debuted as a Vsinger, talks about her stuff, revealed that she's a Marxist and then she goes into that one political talk about Ukraine and Russia during the first few months of the war...

Safe to say I only really listened to her music/covers these days.

Aside of that, there's Hana of ex-ID. Though its not because she's wasting her potential and probably dooming the ex-ID into its merged status, its just that I don't really vibe with her anymore. She no longer tries interesting games or FPS and her on-and-off schedule is not really good for me, so I just let her go.

Also since I found out about it after I made this post, might as well edit it.

U-san in ID and probably meeting Dokibird there. Interesting.

Last edited:

JusticeDog

If Killa is joining the Hoor Corpo, she's going to regret getting her tits chopped off.
Should I even ask :dokiWTF:
I dropped DK (from V&U) after she had multiple streams in a row where she wasted at least hour doing extremely basic troubleshooting in games she was planning to play. :cursedpeko:

Salado

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I went through the vtuber bell curve, where I seriously started watching with Holo, got somewhat bored of most of them, moved on to Phase Connect and le based indies. Realized that I kinda stopped enjoying watching Pippa or Kirsche because they got big enough that the level of chat interaction they do takes over the streams, and most chatters are genuinely retarded, and constantly arguing with retards isn't good content. I still watch Kirsche sometimes, I don't watch Pippa at all anymore. I did try to start watching Pippa again somewhat recently but I just don't feel it anymore. I do still occasionally watch other members of PC, mainly Uruka, Shiina and Tenma. But I ended up mostly going back to watching Mori and Randon.

tl;dr: Dropped Pippa completely, scaled down watching Kirsche.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I feel pretty comfortable calling this a fairly big Cover L.

Why are you all :guradumbl:voting this man? He's right!

Part of the whole point of having an agency is to make things like this go smoothly, and you'd think Holo would be pretty damn good at it given their resources and experience. Someone really dropped the ball here. (I doubt it's just the fault of the government bureaucracy because nobody is blaming them and Ina seemed to pretty clearly blame the company.)

I guess I need to look into VAllure more, I know next to nothing about them other than that they're the :WHORE!!!: corpo, but with Shibi donating to 3 girls, possibly all connected with Stronny's PL via EIEN, I wonder if a gen 2 is in the cards.

Imagine Zuni's voice trying to do sexy ASMR.

If she does ditch EIEN, that'll be the second corpo in a row she's jumped ship from. Before EIEN she was Zekki Kanis with RealCorp, but she left there suddenly with no explanation from her or the corpo - in the middle of a subathon or donothon (can't recall which). I was glad (at the time) when I found out she landed on her feet in EIEN.

I wouldn't call her an oshi but I was a periodic watcher of the late Shirayuri's Yoro Yoyo, who used to look like this.

yoro.jpeg

She had bizarrely terrible rigging, but a very distinctive design and I think it suited her well.

But then after Shirayuri disbanded, she became this…

LfKFY1sd_400x400_74ea07e6-b577-4bf8-95eb-16ae929b4d5a_533x.jpg

This model is objectively much better in terms of rigging, but the lolified character design was just too different and I don't think it fit her at all - maybe I had just associated her original design with her voice too far in my head. I started ignoring the Twitch notifications of her channel until I finally just unfollowed.

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
It's been a while since I shared anything here so have some clips from the recent 7 Days to die Holo Collab.

Biboo immediately caps Calli gangsta style the moment she gets a jun.

Da Fister, Blue Woman and Orange chicken do stupid shenanigans and gets diarrhea.

Biboo wants to read Berzerk but is a bit traumatised by the content.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Considering the IRL photos that leaked of the Manko girl, I'm not surprised she likes Nirvana.

The real Italian alt girl.

FUCK I DIDN'T KNOW SHE DID THIS STREAM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

EDIT: Wait, Nirvana is Panko's favorite band?! How did I not know this?!

Pippa DROPPED, Panko new oshi!

she at least doesn't have dogshit music taste

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Oshi, no, because I had no such thing until Shiori's debut.

But out of the dozen+ vtubers I've consumed a reasonable amount of content of, Subaru was my entry into the medium (also the only vtuber of whom I own merch), but I just lost interest over time. I was also quite a bit into Okayu, but dropped her as her content changed from chill gamer tomboy to lewd cat. And I was a lot into Usui Clear (Ria-chan) for a while, but the content eventually got very repetitive, and chat grew too big.

Nina Kosaka/Matara Kan as well, I suppose. I like her, but the only vtuber I like enough to go to twitch for is Clio. Matara doesn't quite make the cut. Probably due to her vshojo tier model.
Shut the fuck up Holodrones
Ina not getting her VISA is worse than Terminations and Graduations :PomuAngry:
And we all know why Ina didn't get her work visa.

smug.png
"He already has a woman? I MUST HAVE HIM!"

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Not really drop, but sometimes it's just hard to watch the live streams for awhile because of IRL. So, some interest is lost as I do find myself skipping a VOD that I probably would have just put on if it was live. Sometimes they canceled too many streams that are at a hard time for me to watch, but that I can watch. For instance I stop trying to wake up in time to watch it because 1/2 the time it's not there and instead it's a tweet apologizing for accidently eating rocks or something. Some people have types of streams I skip and some have types of moods or rants they get into that I will turn off because it's annoying, or I've heard it too many times. Sometimes I check out new vtubers and I like them but I don't keep watching them that often just because there's so many others I want to watch. There's some that do good ASMR streams but I ONLY watch their ASMR. I'll try to watch their normal streams and it's just not that appealing VRS other vtubers I normally watch.

Long term audio issues really push it with me. I haven't dropped anyone over it but it really annoys me when they just can't be bothered to set up some OBS filters for months on end. "I appreciate you all so much blah blah" well stop hurting our ears then! Some people used to have good audio and then they just stopped, FOREVER. It's very unfortunate as that should be priority #1. It's not a money thing either as you can find plenty of videos showing you how to set up your 20$ mic with OBS to sound fine. I've done it myself, it may not sound great, but it doesn't sound like shit or hurt your ears. It also sucks for clips and makes a lot of busy work to make it sound slightly better. I don't know how to get rid of the harshness caused by them peaking though. Just sound like shit. I haven't gave up on anyone over his, but there are times I just can't watch a stream because it's giving me a headache. Please vtubers, fix your audio. If a piece of software is preventing you from using filters, get rid of it.

Sometimes a vtuber just starts having a lot of mid streams and nothing that good. It will just dawn on me when looking at their lives for the last month, it's like all filler with no A side streams. It makes me apprehensive that they may be just running out their contract. It's insult to injury too when they've also dropped multiple games or other content that I really enjoyed. It just feels bad, man.

I'm sick of tiktok meme shit. It's funny for about 5 seconds and it's been unfunny for months now. Please vtubers, be funny on your own. Anyone can copy dum shit. Making new dum shit is what counts.

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Because the majority of his fanbase doesn't regard the leak as factual info, the C&D Raziel got was their moment of "See? He's not doing anything bad!" and tries to deflect any slip-ups by literally playing victims as some of the Nijisisters have demonstrated recently in the latest twtsperging and the unnecessary reaction/fearmongering after doki got invited to AX.

I'm sure there's a bit of crack in the Indonesian community too after comifuro announced doki as their guest because some of them are still nijisisters (at least from what I've seen in the FB community). They're just genuinely that much of a retard for their nijien oshis

Bronze

With Kawaii dead I can't help but wonder if EIEN is soon to be next on Bossman's "Month of Ice" list... NotKilia now referencing a "freak bitch alien" likely to be https://x.com/FerumiKaipa and an "edge-lord bird" likely to be https://x.com/NemoNevermore_. in her latest to-be-deleted Tweet:
Both have Thrones up for new models/rigs with donations and twitter follows from VAllure's Shibi Cottonbum (who also notably gifted a similar amount to the Ekkomori throne). /vt/ rrats indicate these new accounts are EIEN's Zumi and Navi (respectively), but since the accounts are protected there's only circumstantial evidence at best. At the very least, Kilia herself confirmed she is very close friends with Navi during one of her gunpla building streams and Navi and Zumi were among the first evidence points for Ekko being Kilia so it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that Ekko would want to return the favor. Probably worth watching for people with any interest in EIEN (if they even exist).
I guess I need to look into VAllure more, I know next to nothing about them other than that they're the :WHORE!!!: corpo, but with Shibi donating to 3 girls, possibly all connected with Stronny's PL via EIEN, I wonder if a gen 2 is in the cards.

I haven't watch much of Navi and only a bit of Zumi but I didn't see VAllure type of content from them. Mirri and Blaise do more of that stuff(tbh Blaise just feetposts afaik).

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Did you remember how mindbroken Lui was playing Super Mario Bros? She will get worse at 6PM JST playing the hardest NES Mario game, SMB2,

If you can't bear to watch her suffer. 774inc's Hebiyoi Tier will be shipping her colleagues in the corpo.

Ui-mama got memed by her daughter.

VSpo's Yakumo Beni mimicking voices and sounds.

Top Bottom