"I fucking hate pink vtubers"Pipkin Pippa

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
I've never used skeb. Has anyone here used it that could explain the process and how much it usually costs?
You pick an artist, leave a request (including refs), and they can either accept or reject it. The main gimmick is that there is no communication after the initial request, as in it's prohibited. The artist will have specified what they're willing to accept (including NSFW or nah).

Main advantages are extremely competent auto-translation, little to no fuss, and the fact that mainly Japanese artists use it. It's no good for anything that you need to get just right, and communication even if you're unhappy with the result is still prohibited. If you have a general idea like "Please draw Hexa smoking a huge blunt on the Joe Rogan show", it's honestly amazing compared to the rigamarole and mental illness you often have to deal with when commissioning western artists.
Price varies a lot by artist, but I'd say it's cheaper than western artists from first world countries in general. It makes it easy to discover artists and find people with cool and unique styles.

Overall, it makes it amazingly easy to commission fun little things. Great product.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I've never used skeb. Has anyone here used it that could explain the process and how much it usually costs?
Pipkin man has done a good job of explaining Skeb, but to answer your other question, asking how much art costs is like asking how long a piece of string is. Some examples of things that will influence the cost of a piece of art is the artist's name and reputation, the size of the piece, if you want a background, how many different characters are in there, the level of detail and polish to the art, and how much you want in the picture (headshots will cost less than upper-body, and that will cost less than a full-body, for example).

Good luck getting your art if you decide to commission something.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
Pipkin man has done a good job of explaining Skeb, but to answer your other question, asking how much art costs is like asking how long a piece of string is. Some examples of things that will influence the cost of a piece of art is the artist's name and reputation, the size of the piece, if you want a background, how many different characters are in there, the level of detail and polish to the art, and how much you want in the picture (headshots will cost less than upper-body, and that will cost less than a full-body, for example).

Good luck getting your art if you decide to commission something.
Not sure if you're implying you've had issues, but anecdotally speaking, I've not heard of people using it having actual problems. Skeb's supposed to refund you fully if the artist accepts but doesn't deliver, but I haven't heard of anyone having to resort to that. Meanwhile, I've had to deal with western artists making me wait exactly until I become unkind, which is until the Paypal dispute limit - six goddamn months. I can assure you I've never commissioned a marble bust or some kind of cathedral roof painting that would make that a reasonable time.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Still feeling Toriyama's death, but he wouldn't like me to be mourning and doing nothing, so I'll go back to the grind.
:depressedtako:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Not sure if you're implying you've had issues, but anecdotally speaking, I've not heard of people using it having actual problems. Skeb's supposed to refund you fully if the artist accepts but doesn't deliver, but I haven't heard of anyone having to resort to that. Meanwhile, I've had to deal with western artists making me wait exactly until I become unkind, which is until the Paypal dispute limit - six goddamn months. I can assure you I've never commissioned a marble bust or some kind of cathedral roof painting that would make that a reasonable time.
I've seen a couple of instances where artists have slipped in AI-generated artwork as a delivery which fooled the system because it technically counters as them delivering the art, but I'd say from both my own experiences and 99% of those I've seen, Skeb is usually a reliable way to buy commissions. Just check the artist's portfolio on the site and make sure it's all to your liking before putting money down.

Hff201

Early Adopter
Double-post because it's relevant to a conversation from earlier: the embassy of Mexico in Japan have tweeted out a message about Toriyama.

Archive

Too perfect.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Youtube was a mistake

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Double-post because it's relevant to a conversation from earlier: the embassy of Mexico in Japan have tweeted out a message about Toriyama.

Archive

Too perfect.

El salvador too

And believe it or not China

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got
Quality of art varies. It's cheaper than western artists by tenfold. I've gotten really cute art pieces for 150USD. The same thing would have been 400 maybe even 600 USD in western prices. I've found stuff as cheap as 5USD thats still good quality.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Some Discord exchanges need to be saved for use later

Hff201

Early Adopter
Some Discord exchanges need to be saved for use later

It looks like there's a lot happening in this screenshot, but I understand none of it aside from this:
JVsAFO7.png

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Megu should not be allowed around children :)

Edit: short im going track you down

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
It looks like there's a lot happening in this screenshot, but I understand none of it aside from this:
JVsAFO7.png
Hexa said she was going to be in VC with her discord. So I'm sitting in her discord waiting for her, and she just joins the tva one. So I was very late.:whatastory:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hexa said she was going to be in VC with her discord. So I'm sitting in her discord waiting for her, and she just joins the tva one. So I was very late.:whatastory:
Oh boy I sure hope that doesn't devolve into some incredibly gay slapfight over the kween chuuba...

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Oh boy I sure hope that doesn't devolve into some incredibly gay slapfight over the kween chuuba...

nah, we're just doing karaoke

she's been trying to get nag and I to duet, but I'm the only one of the two actually willing to sing, sad!

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
nah, we're just doing karaoke

she's been trying to get nag and I to duet, but I'm the only one of the two actually willing to sing, sad!
He is right about it being incredibly gay though

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
How gay/autistic do niganon and john sound?
Niganon sounds like he is still stuck in the locker he got shoved into in highschool and John is the most british brit that ever asked for a loicense

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Niganon sounds like he is still stuck in the locker he got shoved into in highschool and John is the most british brit that ever asked for a loicense
He's british?! EWWWWW, holy fuck that makes it so much worse...

Does nig sound whiny? That's the voice I've given him in my head.

Top Bottom