"I used to be kind of pathetic in my past, a 'chūnibyō', I went around school with big-ass tough headphones around my neck and I wasn't even listening to music"Momosuzu Nene

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
the laws say contractors have to make their own schedules and bring their own equipment, so the talent pays for everything
Yet its a standard practice for companies to supply talents with equipment like iphones for tracking and, at some point, PCs, as well as licenses for software like vtube studio as well as mixing software in select cases. Hololive also lends usage of their 3D studio. They aren't contractors in traditional sense of the word, and more like performers, where the outfit, stage, lights, suits and other equipment is provided by the company.

As for the managers seeing the mv work, im right that the EN branch is managed by part time hobbyists. Im also right that Selen securing permission isnt the same as Niji securing permission. So its very likely EN managers signed off on art, but didnt get Jp corporate approval until the final video.
Which isn't Selens fault then? As far as any sane person is concerned managers sign off means they got ok from above.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I was bored, so I searched my name on the tva discord and saw this conversation that really made me laugh.
Discord-0-U8-Fp-Rre-I7.png

Discord-a-Xg-PHDv-Qjq.png

@thhrang It happened exactly the way you said it would except for the fact that she already had an account.
It just took her a while to make the schizopost :whatastory:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Yet its a standard practice for companies to supply talents with equipment like iphones for tracking and, at some point, PCs, as well as licenses for software like vtube studio as well as mixing software in select cases. Hololive also lends usage of their 3D studio. They aren't contractors in traditional sense of the word, and more like performers, where the outfit, stage, lights, suits and other equipment is provided by the company.
and its standard practice for the contractors to pay for art and shit. its probably in the contracts we'll never see.
Which isn't Selens fault then? As far as any sane person is concerned managers sign off means they got ok from above.
The EN managers arent real managers, they're kids playing branch manager. the head guy works at umg and is the management position is only part time, theres 6 or 7 people as a whole and 0 management experience. So yes, the en manager signed off on something they shouldnt have signed off on. its bad management but publishing the video was the wrong move on selens end.

Early Adopter
and its standard practice for the contractors to pay for art and shit. its probably in the contracts we'll never see.
it's not payment tho, it's a lend. They lose all that at the end of their contract.

its bad management but publishing the video was the wrong move on selens end.
She has okay of managers, artists, the song producer, the producer of original song. She was basically sure that isnt gonna get her in trouble because any sane person would assume so too. It's like saying leaving to get some milk was a bad move because you got hit by drunk driver on the way there, like, you couldn't forsee it.

famous artist pipkun

it's not payment tho, it's a lend. They lose all that at the end of their contract.
what?
She has okay of managers, artists, the song producer, the producer of original song. She was basically sure that isnt gonna get her in trouble because any sane person would assume so too. It's like saying leaving to get some milk was a bad move because you got hit by drunk driver on the way there, like, you couldn't forsee it.
Selen getting perms doesnt mean Niji got the perms.

Early Adopter
esl'd. didn't really understand the joke until now.
Selen getting perms doesnt mean Niji got the perms.
thats why there are managers. And if company didn't move an inch after however long this project was in development, despite the fact managers were aware and legal team might've probably been aware too, then it would be either complete negligence or sabotauge. With niji, it absolutelly can be both, look at the termination notice. It's been carefully constructed by a lawyer to not have ANYTHING that could have them sued by Selen, yet somehow NDA's are full of errors. That shows malice, but also add to that forgetting to reschedule tweets, that shows negligence. Like it doesnt take a genius to see whats happening here.

Also about shit NDA's- this is exactly the reason the entire gen of theirs got leaked. So that claim is verifiable.

Last edited:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

famous artist pipkun

sl'd. didn't really understand the joke until now.
what?
thats why there are managers. And if company didn't move an inch after however long this project was in development, despite the fact managers were aware and legal team might've probably been aware too, then it would be either complete negligence or sabotauge. With niji, it absolutelly can be both, look at the termination notice. It's been carefully constructed by a lawyer to not have ANYTHING that could have them sued by Selen, yet somehow NDA's are full of errors. That shows malice, but also add to that forgetting to reschedule tweets, that shows negligence. Like it doesnt take a genius to see whats happening here.
yeah its bad management. we don't know who wrote the termination notice. Man read the selen termination thread it's been deconstructed there.

God's Strongest Dragoon

With niji, it absolutelly can be both, look at the termination notice. It's been carefully constructed by a lawyer to not have ANYTHING that could have them sued by Selen
Not sure what the law is like in Canada but their termination notice actually committed defamation while at the same time showing them lying about it, most notably with the "management took down the video and then Selen made the misleading statement that management took down the video". Additionally the part about her causing delays in commission payments to creators can also be labeled as defamation considering multiple creators have come forward and stated that Nijisanji didn't make payments they were suppose to and Selen had to chip in. They are actually shifting the blame of not-paying to Selen to intentionally damage her reputation. I have a hard time believing any sort of legal counsel had even looked at the document before it was posted because any lawyer with the slightest bit of competency would have put a stop to it.

Not to mention they admit to harassing her to make a statement during her hospitalization for a suicide attempt. This is actually one of the most disgusting parts of the whole document because it is universally seen as an incredibly inappropriate act for any employer to contact hospitalized employees for anything other than a basic health update and even then, they aren't legally required to have the full disclosure. Again, any competent legal counsel would have taken whoever wrote this notice aside and reenacted an ISIS execution video. If she takes them to court, this last part completely obliterates any sympathy the ruling party has for Nijisanji and will likely crater the entire case for them. Harassing an employee during hospitalization is really fucking bad but doing it after a traumatic event, specifically a suicide attempt, is a nuclear event in a case. This one fucking document opens them up to so much god damn shit, it's actually insane.

Last edited:

Early Adopter
Still, Selen's fault here is minimal and Pipkun is a hater

Man read the selen termination thread it's been deconstructed there
Yea but the twitter thread with deconstruction is like 50 messages long and he beats around the bush a lot.

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Holy shit did somebody clip his gay roleplay?
We are reaching levels of homosexuality that shouldn't be possible.

Early Adopter
Holy shit did somebody clip his gay roleplay?
We are reaching levels of homosexuality that shouldn't be possible.
nobodys insane enough to do that.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Stunned But Dumb

Hey is gamersupps actually any good? Have any of you bought any? I was going to get some earlier, but was distracted by... everything and don't mind supporting the foxes. I will not be buying PEEna colada though, I do not like getting caught in the rain

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Hey is gamersupps actually any good? Have any of you bought any? I was going to get some earlier, but was distracted by... everything and don't mind supporting the foxes. I will not be buying PEEna colada though, I do not like getting caught in the rain

I've heard from a lot of people that they are pretty good. Never tried any myself though.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
They usually have a free sample offer
gamersupps was fine, but I am too cheap to buy that stuff

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I tend not to like companies targeted at "gaymerzzz" if you're gonna insult me like that just call me a fag ffs.

Top Bottom