"I would groom Pippa"The Proctor

VTuber Research Study - Participant Recruitment

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter

MysticMads

ei @MysticMads, you’re a cool guy. Just wanna know your thoughts on the cesspool of the world called “Swifties”.
Thanks! I mean, my thoughts on swifties are practically like my feelings towards any fandom; there's always gonna be a loud, toxic minority that ruins the image of the overall fanbase. That's just a thing that unfortunately happens, and it sucks with how easily some of these people target, attack, and harrass others for stating one's opinion on a certain piece of media. Herd mentality is a strong weapon.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I don't think that I meet the third requirement. I just watch vTubers; I don't interact with them.

I mean, I might have interacted with the ones who post here the same way that I'd interact with any other forum members, but other than that, nope. I don't type anything in the live chat; I don't leave comments on YouTube videos; I don't even hit the like button. I just watch vTubers the same way that I watch any other form of entertainment.

CountStagula

I don't think that I meet the third requirement. I just watch vTubers; I don't interact with them.

I mean, I might have interacted with the ones who post here the same way that I'd interact with any other forum members, but other than that, nope. I don't type anything in the live chat; I don't leave comments on YouTube videos; I don't even hit the like button. I just watch vTubers the same way that I watch any other form of entertainment.
I'm the same except I'll at least hit the like button since it benefits the streamer & takes such little effort on my part

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
done

may your research be successful

Bronze

Done. I actually saw your (or someone who shared your post) twitter post. Was gonna post here myself but thought people may not show interest. This way is better anyway as they can ask questions to you

Good luck with your research.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Responded.

I feel like the questions could have been responded to very differently, depending on who I picked, rather than how parasocial I am. For example, would I rely on Pippa of Phase Connect to help me if I needed help? Almost certainly not - if I needed anything other than someone to talk to, I feel like relying on her would not be a good choice, given her social anxieties and inability to manage her own life. If I picked someone like Amanogawa Shiina, who seems much more able to manage her life, I might have said yes.

In any case, hope the results helps you with your study.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Ok i will give it a try

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Aw look at how nice all of you are being... we really are all bark no bite huh guys? :SelenHAHAhere:

Kalion

:)
Aw look at how nice all of you are being... we really are all bark no bite huh guys? :SelenHAHAhere:
We all expected it to be a marketing intern looking for how to frame their new generation but instead it looks like a guy genuinely trying to collect data for his paper.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
What? Like, a person that I know? Someone I met on the bus? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I took it as something like "would you feel comfortable disclosing and discussing your faults to X."

I feel like the questions could have been responded to very differently, depending on who I picked, rather than how parasocial I am. For example, would I rely on Pippa of Phase Connect to help me if I needed help? Almost certainly not - if I needed anything other than someone to talk to, I feel like relying on her would not be a good choice, given her social anxieties and inability to manage her own life. If I picked someone like Amanogawa Shiina, who seems much more able to manage her life, I might have said yes.

As someone who also decided to pick Pippa (there are a lot of Pippa fans on these boards), I agree. I feel like I'd be comfortable talking to her about anything, but I don't think she'd be the person I'd rely on if I needed help with a serious matter, and I answered the questions accordingly. Had I chosen a different vtuber I definitely would have answered those questions differently. Just off the top of my head I think Kirsche is someone I don't think I could open up to as easily, but it also feels like she'd have my back if I were ever in trouble (that didn't involve OBS settings). So the whole tone of anyone's survey answers is set by who they choose at the beginning, if they really are answering "in character." I wonder if MysticMads is accounting for that somehow.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Responded. I appreciate the time and effort you put into making the survey. It isn't perfect, but frankly, for what it is it's an interesting and original subject to analyze for a paper and I respect you coming out to our little dusty corner of the web to ask us personally to contribute.

Tubedude

Done.

On the mental health continuum part, answers on a few could heavily vary on if someone agrees/disagrees with the general ideologies of where they live.

Examples:
These three - "That our society is a good place, or is becoming a better place, for all people" , "That people are basically good" , and "That the way our society works makes sense to you"

For instance, I heavily disagree with the common ideals in the area I live in, and think the way the people here keep trying to move society does not make much sense.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
What? Like, a person that I know? Someone I met on the bus? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

A lot of the questions seem to be formatted like this. "If X was a real person, Y."
do you send supas crying about your dead dog or how depressed you are?

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Tubedude

Post full image, thumbnail crops it.
He's talking about the names of the vtubers that show up in the fill in before filling it in, the image shows what it needs.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Finished mine last night looking forward to the results when Proctor gets them gl man

Top Bottom