"I get the weirdest DMs, we don't DM that often but when I get a DM from Lia it's like the weirdest possible thing I can ever think of; Dude I have seen Freddy Fazbear's nipples..."Fujikura Uruka

Vidya Games Thread

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Hideaki Itsuno, director of Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma, is leaving Capcom

Damn, what a shame. I liked his work on DMC3, DMC4 and DMC 5. Capcom has been on a decline with their games recently and I fear that the next DMC title will turn out to be utter crap without him.

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Civvie plays Doom's new episode, Legacy of Rust, it's also been a long time since the last entry in the Pro series

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

With DMC6's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Jump to a different worldine to actually get to witness a good Capcom videogame post 2019, or persist in this gay cyberpunk dystopia you had no hand in creating.

No, seriously, I played the fuck out of MonHun, Resident Evil, DMC, Dead Rising, Dragon's Dogma 1, Lost Planet 2, U/MVC3, SFIV and Third Strike. And now everything they put out is either extremely neutered and boring, downright awful, or genuinely unplayable on PC. It's so fucking depressing, man.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
With DMC6's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Jump to a different worldine to actually get to witness a good Capcom videogame post 2019, or persist in this gay cyberpunk dystopia you had no hand in creating.

No, seriously, I played the fuck out of MonHun, Resident Evil, DMC, Dead Rising, Dragon's Dogma 1, Lost Planet 2, U/MVC3, SFIV and Third Strike. And now everything they put out is either extremely neutered and boring, downright awful, or genuinely unplayable on PC. It's so fucking depressing, man.

Capcom is starting to look like Konami, except without the sexy vampire girl pachislot machines.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Capcom is starting to look like Konami, except without the sexy vampire girl pachislot machines.
Yeah, and instead Konami is about to put out a great looking MGS3 remake that didn't cut out a third of the dialog to appeal to modern audiences, and somehow the SH2 remake looks less shit than it did the first time they showed gameplay, but I'm not overly optimistic about it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

wizardcat.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

UberSoldat

New GVMERS video that looks at COD's cancelled titles

Kalion

:)
A collection of people going nuts with the newly released Gundam Breaker 4's mech customization:

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
A collection of people going nuts with the newly released Gundam Breaker 4's mech customization:

Damn, that Gaogaigar one looks fucking sick

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Idk man. I have been playing Capcom games for like 30 years. They come and go with their games being good or not.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
If Dragon's Dogma 2's DLC is cancelled i will minecraft myself in Palworld
i was already coping hard

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Idk man. I have been playing Capcom games for like 30 years. They come and go with their games being good or not.
nigga are you 40? :BijouBijou: and Capcom was never the best or consistent or even a name most people associate with amazing games, the only thing it had was good enough games that they then turned into mediocre series that the they turned into retardedly awful reboots.

God's Strongest Dragoon

nigga are you 40? :BijouBijou: and Capcom was never the best or consistent or even a name most people associate with amazing games, the only thing it had was good enough games that they then turned into mediocre series that the they turned into retardedly awful reboots.
Well here's the neat thing with Capcom, they've been around long enough that they can resell their old titles through reboots and a bunch of zoomers that never played the originals will have no frame of reference. It's why their reboots get rave reviews while other mid reboots get treated like trash because those other reboots are from games that came out on something like the 7th gen consoles.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Capcom was pretty decently regarded NES to SNES era. They started having more highs and lows towards the late PS1 era into the PS2 era where they started really faltering. 7th gen was a fucking mess for them, aside from a miniscule amount of standout hits and MonHun which was probably the only thing keeping them alive during that time. That continued on through 8th gen for the most part until they started making actual good ganes later in the generation. 9th gen has been alot better in general for them.

Then again, I was also a Megaman fan, so that heavily affects my views towards Capcom during those periods.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Capcom was pretty decently regarded NES to SNES era. They started having more highs and lows towards the late PS1 era into the PS2 era where they started really faltering. 7th gen was a fucking mess for them, aside from a miniscule amount of standout hits and MonHun which was probably the only thing keeping them alive during that time. That continued on through 8th gen for the most part until they started making actual good ganes later in the generation. 9th gen has been alot better in general for them.

Then again, I was also a Megaman fan, so that heavily affects my views towards Capcom during those periods.
The only good games they had were the OG games save for some remakes, but then they decided that everything had to be like RE7 and shit out more half made shit bethesda style, which fucking sucks because DMC, SF up to 4 and RE were the only ok enough games after the SNES :pippasadl: and the only RE games going forward are going to be either RE7 style or REmake (2, 3, 4) style :annoyedpippa: and I only see MH as the pick and E-gf game FF14 style :pippasquish:

UberSoldat

If Dragon's Dogma 2's DLC is cancelled i will minecraft myself in Palworld
i was already coping hard
We'll never see a Dragon's Dogma reach its full potential, start getting invested in other ARPGs.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

This is a kind of worrying sign in the wake of DD2 releasing as mid as it was. I'm looking forward to Wilds but it looks like MonHun is going to have to hard carry the rest of the company. Again. Lots of that going around with various classic Japanese developers, like Square having been held afloat by FF14 for so long, and even that's wearing off.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
This is a kind of worrying sign in the wake of DD2 releasing as mid as it was. I'm looking forward to Wilds but it looks like MonHun is going to have to hard carry the rest of the company. Again. Lots of that going around with various classic Japanese developers, like Square having been held afloat by FF14 for so long, and even that's wearing off.
I think Itsuno talked about leaving before DMC5 came out after he released a couple more games, anyway. Could be misremembering. Either way, despite its issues, DD2 sold immensely well, as did DMC5. The guy who made the Dark Arisen DLC for DD1 and largely made the first game good after that DLC, Kento Kinoshita, is still at Capcom, too, and could move the series forward in a better direction than Itsuno.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Top Bottom