"Everytime I drink milk I play the 'sickness gacha', sometimes I'll throw it up! and sometimes I'll get lucky!"Fujikura Uruka

The Kestraline Kronicles - Discussion Thread

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
JSagThu8_o.png

Cant believe that in 21 pages of autism nobody pointed this out

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
JSagThu8_o.png

Cant believe that in 21 pages of autism nobody pointed this out
Given he's Scottish he's probably called that because it's a bit of a light insult in the UK. Spanner, deriving from the phrase spanner in the works, is someone who is a bit dim, who fucks things up or someone who causes problems for others.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Given he's Scottish he's probably called that because it's a bit of a light insult in the UK. Spanner, deriving from the phrase spanner in the works, is someone who is a bit dim, who fucks things up or someone who causes problems for others.
It means wrench. That's why 'spanner in the works' is a phrase; someone dropped a wrench into an engine and messed it up.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
It means wrench. That's why 'spanner in the works' is a phrase; someone dropped a wrench into an engine and messed it up.
Yeah with Autists the simplest answer is the best

This is also why its easy to fuck with them. Look at the Chris Chan saga or like, a lot of Youtubers, like I dunno Technology Connections. You see people do lots of mean spirited shit but as linguistic gymnastics. The autist won't get it and for instance in Chris Chan's case they can be convinced to do weird shit that way. However if you question them directly they will understand that. And often get pissed off because for an autist they simply cannot decipher tone on the internet so if you ask them something simple you have a 50/50 chance of them taking it personally. Any of us who have gotten a DM from Nolan know this.

So like there simply isn't anything creative to his names, they are just something he picked up in Sonic.

Spanner
SOTI (like someone wondered Sonic on the internet? Sure I guess he could have that one)
Sonic Epsilon

Simply put, he was probably like "I'm gonna do some Sonic shit I need to be Sonic themed"

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
what he do tho? aside of wanting to fuck toasters and pinball machines
Over time he started getting into random spats with his audience over relatively minor things. At first he would take the critiques, as you know its all information and some of the stuff he is covering isn't necessarily 100% documented so naturally he got some stuff wrong. However over time he would seem to take this stuff personally, like I'm talking getting one guyed from 6 videos ago but still having a grudge personally. It would affect his tone often.

He also would poli-sperg on twitter, so you know, the whole Elon Musk thing. That stuff though can be ignored because I aint following his ass on Twitter lol. But the other stuff, he kind of transformed from doing a pretty good job to having a chip on his shoulder over some really really minor shit. Like if you compare him to Vwestlife, who also sperged about Elon, TC definitely lets shit get to him more than Vwestlife

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Over time he started getting into random spats with his audience over relatively minor things. At first he would take the critiques, as you know its all information and some of the stuff he is covering isn't necessarily 100% documented so naturally he got some stuff wrong. However over time he would seem to take this stuff personally, like I'm talking getting one guyed from 6 videos ago but still having a grudge personally. It would affect his tone often.

He also would poli-sperg on twitter, so you know, the whole Elon Musk thing. That stuff though can be ignored because I aint following his ass on Twitter lol. But the other stuff, he kind of transformed from doing a pretty good job to having a chip on his shoulder over some really really minor shit. Like if you compare him to Vwestlife, who also sperged about Elon, TC definitely lets shit get to him more than Vwestlife
didn't know, I just follow him on youtube and he usually doesn't show his tismrage on videos so...

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
didn't know, I just follow him on youtube and he usually doesn't show his tismrage on videos so...
He was just an example, most of the time he is fine but if he see it enough you can spot it. Like I was originally gonna use the 8-bit guy as an example but he does it a bit less. Most of the time these guys have their tism fits off platforms, but TC is one I have seen kind of let it seep out more where it was noticeable.

Of course no where near say Nolan or Chris Chan, those are the cream of the crop of freakouts. TC and the like are more well adjusted and definitely smarter, however you can't hide your autism forever, the lack of being able to handle social cues will show itself.

FreewayCola

Yeah with Autists the simplest answer is the best

This is also why its easy to fuck with them. Look at the Chris Chan saga or like, a lot of Youtubers, like I dunno Technology Connections. You see people do lots of mean spirited shit but as linguistic gymnastics. The autist won't get it and for instance in Chris Chan's case they can be convinced to do weird shit that way. However if you question them directly they will understand that. And often get pissed off because for an autist they simply cannot decipher tone on the internet so if you ask them something simple you have a 50/50 chance of them taking it personally. Any of us who have gotten a DM from Nolan know this.

So like there simply isn't anything creative to his names, they are just something he picked up in Sonic.

Spanner
SOTI (like someone wondered Sonic on the internet? Sure I guess he could have that one)
Sonic Epsilon

Simply put, he was probably like "I'm gonna do some Sonic shit I need to be Sonic themed"
That isn't why he's called Spanner, as funny as it would have been if it were because of Tails.

So, way back (probably 2009) everyone used to refer to SOTI (which was his name at the time) as a tool, literally for no other reason than he would constantly act like a tool.

Eventually after whining about being called a tool for a few years he suddenly (2011/12) decided he was okay with being called that, and even joined in with the joke. When he decided he didn't want to be known as SOTI anymore, he changed his name to "Spanner"... because he's a tool.

It's still dumb, but it's a lot less funny than one would hope.

SOTI did indeed stand for Sonic On The Internet, and Sonic Epsilon was the name of his rom hack. Sometimes it genuinely is Sonic.

TL;DR Autism, but not just Sonic Autism.

Last edited:

FreewayCola

Oh, and the guy rages if you refer to him as SOTI, even to this day. Will correct you in a stern voice saying "SPANNER!". Fucking weird cunt.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oh, and the guy rages if you refer to him as SOTI, even to this day. Will correct you in a stern voice saying "SPANNER!". Fucking weird cunt.
Are you mayhaps one of the fine sonic connoisseurs acquainted with Mr. SOTI?

FreewayCola

Are you mayhaps one of the fine sonic connoisseurs acquainted with Mr. SOTI?
Not one that has spoken as of yet, but I guess I would have been considered one back then. I haven't been a fan since about 2005 if that lessens my autism.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Not one that has spoken as of yet, but I guess I would have been considered one back then. I haven't been a fan since about 2005 if that lessens my autism.
Well, no matter your circumstances I hope you enjoy your time here in the 'sylum, bringing in more details and info is always welcome.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

You stopped being a Sonic fan around '05, but you were still immersed enough in the fandom to have followed this dude for fifteen years?

FreewayCola

You stopped being a Sonic fan around '05, but you were still immersed enough in the fandom to have followed this dude for fifteen years?
Not quite, fellow internet autist. I was still part of the online community for a good few years after due to friends I'd made etc, but never posting about Sonic. I completely stopped visiting in 2014.

I met SOTI in Skype calls that people from said sites would have back then. While I personally haven't spoken to him since 2016, I still have him and other people on my contact list, although his account seems to be abandoned now.

I know about him still raging to the name SOTI because of connected people. And I've been told by 3 people that he is currently in a discord server halfway trying to justify things, but being told off by everyone there.

He's apparently terrified that the police are coming to his door, and he's crying about losing everything, but actively seems prepared to leave everything alone.

FreewayCola

Also, while I think he probably didn't cum on that tablet, he needs checking in on for the the obsessive stalking. It's not the first time he's done it apparently.

Zyklon Mag

Looked up the wipes shown in his document out of idle curiosity to see if they had a problem with leaving tacky residue on glass-like screens or whatever. I'm also pretty sure there's nothing particularly harsh in these.
Lemon Fragrance Antibacterial Multi-Surface Cleaning Wipes contain amongst other ingredients: Less than 5% Non-Ionic Surfactant, Also contains: Disinfectant (per 100ml of Liquid contains 0.15g Benzalkonium Chloride), Perfume, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone
Couldn't find any complaints of the sort for this product, yet both of them say there was some kind of tacky substance found on the tablet screen. Plastics especially on styluses could get tacky due to plastic decomposition but that would get removed by cleaning wipes.

I'm kinda leaning towards him nutting on it and trying to find a cover story.

Top Bottom