"Dammit I missed my opportunity to draw a dick on it!"Axel Syrios

The Anime Thread

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I don't get why so many people like it, all of the characters are annoying tropes. The satire and "breakin' le cliche" thing gets old by the third ridiculous misunderstanding. It's essentially a combination of 2 of the things I hate the most, pointless slice of life and self-aware isekai (all modern isekai).

"Isn't this fantasy trope idiotic?" It says while making itself into the new SHITTER trope every isekai writer now follows.
I avoided watching it for several years because of similar sentiments, but when I eventually did watch it, I ended up really liking it. I do like slice of life shows though.

I haven't seen the Megumin spinoff yet.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I avoided watching it for several years because of similar sentiments, but when I eventually did watch it, I ended up really liking it. I do like slice of life shows though.

I haven't seen the Megumin spinoff yet.
I have watched it and I found the characters (specially aqua) FUCKING ANNOYING, I also don't get why MC tags along with this gaggle of parasites if he could just go off on his own and not be involved in half of the bullshit they drag him into (inb4: because it's funni!!! huehuehue)

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I'm not trying to convince you that you should like it. If you don't like that sort of comedy, then you don't like it, and that's fine. We don't all have to like the same things.

I went into it fully expecting to have the same response that you did. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it. The fact that I had such low expectations probably helped.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
NEEDLESS: Incredibly stupid, but (for the most part) doesn't take itself seriously, and that works to its advantage. Super cool aesthetic, reminds me a lot of Guilty Gear XX stuff (especially the OST). Really, REALLY funny (and lewd in the right ways). The plot gets a bit obtuse 3/4s of the way through and there's a pretty dumb anime-orignal ending, but from what I hear the manga itself is pretty dang good, so I'll have to check that out sometime.Either way, top tier 2000s shlock. 7.5/10.
I got this one on Bluray during a sale, I look forward to watching it.

Ensok

Early Adopter
Well there's now a Naruto/Boruto griefing thread back on the homeland but I just don't have the patience or energy to argue about anime online that much anymore...

Also mixed feelings on the Spice and Wolf remake coming up.

Zapan1984

Well there's now a Naruto/Boruto griefing thread back on the homeland but I just don't have the patience or energy to argue about anime online that much anymore...

Also mixed feelings on the Spice and Wolf remake coming up.
Kinda same with the Spice and Wolf remake, if they gonna adapt the Manga version i would be happy as the LN version is... well long-winded af.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
"How many Idol groups do you want on stage with you during your performance?"

"Yes"

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
The Winter 2024 season is starting now and it seems pretty weak for new shows, I'll have more time to catch vtuber streams and actually play games. I don't think any will be truly good, lmk if you see any hidden gems. I'm not going over anime with second and third seasons.

Solo Leveling: Based on a popular Korean webcomic with some kid who starts off the the weakest powers and seen as a nobody is suddenly given powerful new abilities that makes him overpowered and curbstomps everyone. Story is the same old guy power fantasy, the webcomic's only redeeming value was it's pretty cool art style that is now watered down into tv anime.. It's gonna be weird reading Jap names instead of Korean.. Sung Jin-Woo vs fucking Shun Mizushino lolol
It's been over a decade since the sudden appearance of the "gates"—the paths that connect our world with a different dimension. Since then, certain humans have awakened to supernatural powers. We call these individuals "hunters." Hunters make their living by using their powers to conquer dungeons inside the gates. In this world of tough customers, the low-ranked hunter Shun Mizushino is known as "the weakest hunter of all mankind." One day, Shun gets fatally injured when he runs into high-rank double dungeons hidden within a low-rank dungeon. Just then, a mysterious quest window appears in front of him. On the verge of death, Shun decides to accept the quest and starts leveling up... while the others aren't.

Mato Seihei no Slave: Some people seem hyped about this, seems to be based on a popular manga. Prob guys with kinks involving being dominated and enslaved by attractive anime women.
Yuuki Wakura watches as dueling supernatural forces ravage the Earth. Mato are portals to another dimension, avenues from which dangerous monsters escape. Peaches are resources given to women granting them abilities. Chief of the Seventh Unity of the Anti-Demon Corp, Kyouka Uzen arrives to save Yuuki from a monster. Surprisingly, Yuuki holds the power to increase the Peaches effectiveness. But to save the world, Yuuki must be willing to become Kyouka’s servant both on the battlefield and at home.

Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon) - Studio Trigger is now making a fantasy dungeon crawler + cooking anime.. times are a changing. I'm most excited for this.. weak season.
When young adventurer Laios and his company are attacked and soundly thrashed by a dragon deep in a dungeon, the party loses all its money and provisions...and a member! They're eager to go back and save her, but there is just one problem: If they set out with no food or coin to speak of, they're sure to starve on the way! But Laios comes up with a brilliant idea: "Let's eat the monsters!" Slimes, basilisks, and even dragons...none are safe from the appetites of these dungeon-crawling gourmands!

Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu ('Tis Time for "Torture," Princess) - I've read some of the manga, cute time waster despite it's ominous name. I'm not sure how they're gonna keep it fresh and interesting with the same schtick of the captured human warrior princess being threatened with horrible torture by the demon king that turns out to be fluffy and harmless so she gives up useless intel.
The princess who's been held captive by the Demon Lord's army is scheduled to be executed by the Demon Lord's relentless torture!

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
The Winter 2024 season is starting now and it seems pretty weak for new shows, I'll have more time to catch vtuber streams and actually play games. I don't think any will be truly good, lmk if you see any hidden gems. I'm not going over anime with second and third seasons.

Solo Leveling: Based on a popular Korean webcomic with some kid who starts off the the weakest powers and seen as a nobody is suddenly given powerful new abilities that makes him overpowered and curbstomps everyone. Story is the same old guy power fantasy, the webcomic's only redeeming value was it's pretty cool art style that is now watered down into tv anime.. It's gonna be weird reading Jap names instead of Korean.. Sung Jin-Woo vs fucking Shun Mizushino lolol

Mato Seihei no Slave: Some people seem hyped about this, seems to be based on a popular manga. Prob guys with kinks involving being dominated and enslaved by attractive anime women.

Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon) - Studio Trigger is now making a fantasy dungeon crawler + cooking anime.. times are a changing. I'm most excited for this.. weak season.

Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu ('Tis Time for "Torture," Princess) - I've read some of the manga, cute time waster despite it's ominous name. I'm not sure how they're gonna keep it fresh and interesting with the same schtick of the captured human warrior princess being threatened with horrible torture by the demon king that turns out to be fluffy and harmless so she gives up useless intel.

It's still weird not seeing sung jin-woo as sung Jin-woo what the hell

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Powerleveling ranges from tolerable until it gets ridiculous to ridiculous from the get go.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
This one looks good. It kind of reminds me of Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle from a few years ago.

It's also nice to see Dungeon Meshi finally getting an anime.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Tubedude

Here's hoping the anime does Dungeon Meshi justice.

46gumi

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
"Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu"/"The Dangers in my Heart" season 2 released today. I posted about it several months ago when season 1 was airing, but it's a really good manga, and season one was a good adaptation so I'm looking forward to season 2. Unfortunately for law abiding citizens, Hidive botched the release and it remains unavailable four hours after the scheduled release time with no reason given. To paraphrase Louis Rossmann, we're living in a time where people take your money and then turn around and give you a worse product than you'd get by pirating it for free. :vesperfacepalm:

46gumi

I'm actually killing myself

WHY IS IT JONG

I mean why not? Saki and Akagi exists and the latter is fucking kino. It's just funny to me because Mahjong Soul is sort of a meme in this place.

It's Trigger so I somewhat have faith. What I am wondering is if it'll be a full adaptation considering it's 2 cours.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I really enjoyed the first episode, it's the top new anime this season so far imo.

Solo Leveling was pretty average, the anime just doesn't have the budget or the right studio to adapt the webcomic's art properly.

The are only two surprises for me so far, sadly I'm not the target audience for either so I prob won't be finishing either. First is "7th Time Loop", one of these new villainess reincarnation shows. You can tell it's a low budget show, there is a lack of animation, but the main character is actually growing and adapting through all her lives. It's definitely geared for a female audience.

The other is "A Sign of Affection", this one has an animation budget and is about some deaf girl falling for an upperclassman. Feels like a jdrama.

Top Bottom