"I apologize deepury, Sakana-san doesn't even have boobaa... but by the way he's eating he's gonna grow some soon"Tenma Maemi

Pippakistan's Psych Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You say that, but Pippa herself even says they don't, to the point she was coping that oldfags all move on because according to her you can't keep people coming back so you constantly have to be appealing to newfags.
nah
:mikothumbsl:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
You say that, but Pippa herself even says they don't, to the point she was coping that oldfags all move on because according to her you can't keep people coming back so you constantly have to be appealing to newfags.
I was watching the Henri unban appeal video yesterday because of some stuff, and about 80% of the people who I remembered repeatedly seeing in chat during that period just seem to be gone now. Not drowned out by newfag harines and harder to spot, just gone.

JMForte

I was watching the Henri unban appeal video yesterday because of some stuff, and about 80% of the people who I remembered repeatedly seeing in chat during that period just seem to be gone now. Not drowned out by newfag harines and harder to spot, just gone.
I mean yeah, Pippa doesn't do the same content she used to, and she doesn't act like she used to, she's tightened up on being "yab" to the point I would say every streamer in phase is more "yab" than her, she's terrified of hurting the brand of the company, and getting cancelled and all the other reasons, I get why she does it. She's inconsistent with streaming, streaming used to basically feel like the most important thing in her life to her, you could feel that from her streams, now it doesn't feel like it, and as good as that is to not have Pippa be depressed, it does make streams from now feel like they lack something in comparison to then. It's like the tortured artists that get better, their art gets worse as they get less tortured.

RedRage

I noticed it when I was working on the 3 year stuff. Even just the different timestampers over time was weird to see how many came and went.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Yeah, agreed, genuinely think Phase went a bit over-zealous this season, not helped by everyone getting sick after their Offkai hangout and people going away on vacations while multiple members are also away on cons/concerts, resulting in barely any girls actually streaming.
A fairly easy to solve problem the way i see it, but they'd have to recognize it as a problem first.
I mean while I get that, she could have streamed if she really wanted to, and as someone who was hyping up offcollab stuff and how much content she could get from going on these trips and all that, it really just doesn't show. Mint was streaming fairly consistently while she was in Japan. Pippa doesn't really have any excuse to not stream outside of "vacation" because she had her own room, she could have set something up and streamed, so if her numbers and all that do fall off because of these trips, and she goes schizo about it, the entire issue is her own made one.
I'm not sure exactly what the recording schedule was like or how much flexibility they had with access to the studio, but she really needed to factor that in when scheduling everything else on the trip. It really does feel like they were spending most of their non-recording time dicking around which in itself is fair, it's a rare opportunity to experience another culture, might as well make the most of it - but it meant she'd then just come back too tired and/or drunk for the regular streams. I think anyone reasonable would be fine with the streams being short and more scuffed if she's busy and away from her regular setup, but actually showing up to those streams and not breaking the chain should be as much of a priority as showing up to the recording sessions.

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"

JMForte

I'm not sure exactly what the recording schedule was like or how much flexibility they had with access to the studio, but she really needed to factor that in when scheduling everything else on the trip. It really does feel like they were spending most of their non-recording time dicking around which in itself is fair, it's a rare opportunity to experience another culture, might as well make the most of it - but it meant she'd then just come back too tired and/or drunk for the regular streams. I think anyone reasonable would be fine with the streams being short and more scuffed if she's busy and away from her regular setup, but actually showing up to those streams and not breaking the chain should be as much of a priority as showing up to the recording sessions.
I think I read it somewhere, not sure if here or on /pcg/ or discord but Uruka said something along the lines of it only taking them half a week to record the stuff, not sure if that was true, but yeah they were probably just taking a vacation and enjoying their time, I mean they weren't even supposed to go to NYC according to Lia, that was an optional thing that they chose to do, but it just is kind of dumb for Pippa to try and hype things up like she's going to be doing a bunch of offcollabs and all this and that and all the content she can get out of it and the ideas she has and nothing really does come out of it, but that's a thing Pippa does even beyond this stuff, still waiting on all those ideas she has written down, but I guess that's just the way things are, like with all that wonders ai crap.

Helkar

RedRage

The last second extension for NYC week did not help either, and I assume they didn't stream to avoid revealing that they were back in the states cause of the timezone change. Not like that mattered much with Luwud attention whoring again :whatastory:

JMForte

The last second extension for NYC week did not help either, and I assume they didn't stream to avoid revealing that they were back in the states cause of the timezone change. Not like that mattered much with Luwud attention whoring again :whatastory:
Everyone can tell, they're stupid for trying to hide it, and it comes off even worse when they panic tweet things out trying to make it seem like they are still in Japan, like even Pippa tweeting on the Yuni account trying to make it seem like she's in Japan just makes it obvious they aren't actually in Japan. I don't know why they have an obsession with obscuring that stuff when it's fucking obvious.

Helkar

To summarize this page: i hope that we're now back to consistent Pippa streams and there'll be no major interruptions in the foreseeable future.

RedRage

Everyone can tell, they're stupid for trying to hide it, and it comes off even worse when they panic tweet things out trying to make it seem like they are still in Japan, like even Pippa tweeting on the Yuni account trying to make it seem like she's in Japan just makes it obvious they aren't actually in Japan. I don't know why they have an obsession with obscuring that stuff when it's fucking obvious.
The owl tweet was dumb and really sold it considering she'd already signed off on not picking back up the midnight posts till she got back, but like with the other trips the only thing that bothers me is getting told its one week, then finding out last second (or an hour after she was meant to be live with the JP timezone) that suddenly its two weeks. I doubt Sakana sprung the NYC trip on them last second, and its not like I expect an itinerary, just tell us how long she'll actually be gone instead of these weird half measures and half truths that leave everyone that cares frustrated and feeling like she doesn't care in the moment cause she's off having fun or whatever.

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
but I guess that's just the way things are, like with all that wonders ai crap.
As far as I can tell it was the Wonders AI company who dropped the ball on that one, their showing at OffKai 2023 was abysmal and it seemed like their tech never improved while everyone else went all-in on generative AI and alternate-reality, completely overtaking them. I could see why she was excited by it at the time since they were promising new concepts that hadn't been explored in vtubing yet, but what they offered very quickly became obsolete (her having to spend hours recording lines for that virtual friend thing they were trying to do feels incredibly archaic now that modern voice cloning tools can produce reasonably convincing voices with just a few minutes of reference audio, as an example).

The owl tweet was dumb and really sold it considering she'd already signed off on not picking back up the midnight posts till she got back, but like with the other trips the only thing that bothers me is getting told its one week, then finding out last second (or an hour after she was meant to be live with the JP timezone) that suddenly its two weeks. I doubt Sakana sprung the NYC trip on them last second, and its not like I expect an itinerary, just tell us how long she'll actually be gone instead of these weird half measures and half truths that leave everyone that cares frustrated and feeling like she doesn't care in the moment cause she's off having fun or whatever.
It's so funny that people are convinced she's been playing a long grift to make us think she's "based" or whatever for money, when we all know she's fucking terrible at lying and we can see through her in one glance. :smugpipi:

JMForte

the only thing that bothers me is getting told its one week
It's because Pippa is bad at planning things, it's like with the house, she plans for it to go one way and then things happen and then she decides to do things the other way and doesn't actually properly inform people, because that would make it obvious. I can totally see them deciding to go to NYC last second after hyping themselves up about it, especially if like Fishman offered to pay for their tickets if they wanted to go.

RedRage

It's so funny that people are convinced she's been playing a long grift to make us think she's "based" or whatever for money, when we all know she's fucking terrible at lying and we can see through her in one glance. :smugpipi:
She can't even pretend to like a game, only retards think we're 3+ years into her master plan.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
As far as I can tell it was the Wonders AI company who dropped the ball on that one, their showing at OffKai 2023 was abysmal and it seemed like their tech never improved
If I remember right, the only reason their big thing with Shiina happened at offkai 2023 was because volunteers wouldn't let the in to set up ahead of time, so they had to speedrun that shit in 15 minutes, and then, of course, it didn't work.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
As far as I can tell it was the Wonders AI company who dropped the ball on that one, their showing at OffKai 2023 was abysmal and it seemed like their tech never improved while everyone else went all-in on generative AI and alternate-reality, completely overtaking them. I could see why she was excited by it at the time since they were promising new concepts that hadn't been explored in vtubing yet, but what they offered very quickly became obsolete (her having to spend hours recording lines for that virtual friend thing they were trying to do feels incredibly archaic now that modern voice cloning tools can produce reasonably convincing voices with just a few minutes of reference audio, as an example).
If I remember right, the only reason their big thing with Shiina happened at offkai 2023 was because volunteers wouldn't let the in to set up ahead of time, so they had to speedrun that shit in 15 minutes, and then, of course, it didn't work.
I noticed that they're no longer mentioning Phase as a partner on their site.. wonder when that happened.

:smugpipi:

I kind of assumed that the fallout of Offkai'23 is what brought us to 3D via SPWN.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
It doesn't help that every second post on /pcg/ tonight has been numberfaggotry.
you mean "it doesn't help that Alienmixture was in the collab"

or big falling outs like raildex.

its quite possible a lot of those guys were banned by jl7ten for being funnier than him

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom