irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>pippa voting against fucking Dio
:shiinastare:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Security

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
So it sounds like this was good stream for someone like myself to skip! :BijouBijou:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
You're both not wrong and yet wrong. The Beatles strength were in the tightness of their songwriting, the sharpness of their performances, and the perfect production. They are very much the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, and its parts were all really solid.
"Tightness of their songwriting" is certainly one of of saying "like it was written by a seven-year-old." Unless it's something like Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, at which point you don't get credit for just writing random shit like a 00's kid trying to be funny because you're high as fuck. All sang in a four eunuch harmony with basic bitch composition because it was the 60's and standards were non-existent at the time.

But occasionally they'd bust out some drug-fueled jam session so actually they were geeeeeenyussis. Not counting when Lennon stole a track from Zappa, of course.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
I agree....but I do actually like that particular song.
Sure, it's one of their best, but I don't think it's one of the best songs ever.
After the first four albums, sure.

But those first four albums are magnificent.
I'll give you that even if I think they are just good to okay.

DogBone

As we all know, the opposite is true. Women can't really be gay.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Reticule dislikes The Beatles. You don't want to be like Reticule, do you?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
"Tightness of their songwriting" is certainly one of of saying "like it was written by a seven-year-old." Unless it's something like Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, at which point you don't get credit for just writing random shit like a 00's kid trying to be funny because you're high as fuck. All sang in a four eunuch harmony with basic bitch composition because it was the 60's and standards were non-existent at the time.

But occasionally they'd bust out some drug-fueled jam session so actually they were geeeeeenyussis. Not counting when Lennon stole a track from Zappa, of course.
To be fair Lennon and Yoko had to steal that song from Zappa because the alternative that Yoko made was WAY worse

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
"Oh my god I love Cardi B!"

red-foreman.jpg

Reticule dislikes The Beatles. You don't want to be like Reticule, do you?
Hitler breathed oxygen, you don't wanna be like Hitler, do you?

Security

Can we get some Tool up in this bitch?

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Pippa does a little trolling. :smugpipi:

Sven

Puts Monster in
doesn't pick Monster

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
On the Beatles I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt because the era that they made albums was kind of rough and it really wasn't until 67 with the release of the Doors and some others that bands put more care into album contruction. Though then again I have Abbey Road and the only song I really like on it was Harrison's. Lennon was an ass, and while McCartney was alright I didn't really care for his songwriting. Helter Skelter was kinda cool though.

Come Together though makes me laugh because Lennon ripped off someone for that song (like a lot of people did, Page, Blackmore, Blackmore tended to admit to doing it more). But it apparently got to him so much that as a solo artist he covered the original song because "he totally didn't rip it off". But he slowed down the cover and it matched up to Come Together really well, that cheeky fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom