"Y-You can't do this to me... YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED?!!"Magni Dezmond

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

lvl8

Helkar

Lumi HATES Pippa[the Ripper].

i actually get her point, well, sorta get it since i know jack shit about music theory, but eh, it's still a fun and unreasonably-catchy song to me, Ken, finish that fucking cover

Prostate Cuckarov

the retardedest

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

i actually get her point, well, sorta get it since i know jack shit about music theory, but eh, it's still a fun and unreasonably-catchy song to me, Ken, finish that fucking cover

I was just about to post this. Lemon woman has gone too far this time.

Also lol
dL25SyJ.png

Helkar

Also Jelly did a real good job with her cover idk.
Hime's version could probably also be quite solid, but i didn't really enjoy the zoomer-brainrot theme she went with. Somehow her zoomerifying her own song worked way better.

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"

Pippa the ripper from a music theory standpoint is actually an incredible song. it has so many pieces and parts and change-ups it's actually very impressive. The song itself is nearly a 1:1 copy structure wise of Cirno's perfect math class, which is a classic (skip to halfway point for comparison):

a
(Thanks to Chromu for originally pointing this out)

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
I wonder when will Fishman send the Pinkertons to break pipkun's fingers.
like anyone pays attention to a 1 view cartoonist.

famous artist pipkun

the doja cat copycat sure has opinions.

lvl8

Pippa the ripper from a music theory standpoint is actually an incredible song. it has so many pieces and parts and change-ups it's actually very impressive. The song itself is nearly a 1:1 copy structure wise of Cirno's perfect math class, which is a classic (skip to halfway point for comparison):

a
(Thanks to Chromu for originally pointing this out)

I don't know a thing about music theory or any thing related to that stuff, all I know is I like it.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
he song itself is nearly a 1:1 copy structure wise of Cirno's perfect math class
IIRC Pippa said this was the example she gave them of what kind of song she wanted.

DTrp

"I would be shot at for her"
IIRC Pippa said this was the example she gave them of what kind of song she wanted.
I didn't know about that, very cool. It certainly tracks!

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I wish Pippa would tell us when she's doing a surprise stream :annoyedpippa:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

I didn't watch the clip but I think Lumi's originals are generic mush :vomitdrawer:PTR is catchy and energizing :pippaworship:
E I can't help it, LEC intros make my hand close the video on it's own

RedRage

I wish Pippa would tell us when she's doing a surprise stream :annoyedpippa:

Fuck you, for a second I thought it was a collab or something with blue Pippa :annoyedpippa:

Bronze

Helkar

a collab or something with blue Pippa :annoyedpippa:
That would be kino but we're getting more twitch lewdtubers instead

e:
I think Lumi's originals are generic mush
:vomitdrawer:
PTR is catchy and energizing
:pippaworship:
I like PTR a fair bit, both the OG and various covers.
I like some of Lumi's songs quite a bit more than PTR, and some less. Honestly, she kinda falls into the same pitfall of "typical vtuber music" that a lot of chuubas seemingly end up in.

Last edited:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Honestly, she kinda falls into the same pitfall of "typical vtuber music" that a lot of chuubas seemingly end up in.

Most vtuber music, like most pop music, isn't real music.

i5m0ox.jpg

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
That would be kino but we're getting more twitch lewdtubers instead

e:

I like PTR a fair bit, both the OG and various covers.
I like some of Lumi's songs quite a bit more than PTR, and some less. Honestly, she kinda falls into the same pitfall of "typical vtuber music" that a lot of chuubas seemingly end up in.
To be clear, I'm reacting with horror to the prospect of more twitch lewd tuber collabs, not because they're lewd, but because none of them are any good. There are good vtubers making adult content, but not on twitch. They have to use those JPN pay sights to sell the good stuff.... to people who leak it for free. I think Vallure is bad and makes bad content too.

Anyways, I've always wondered why the PTR writer chose "The Rippa" as the main phrase? Was it supposed to be more of a rhyme with Pippa? I see this definition that fits, but this seems kind of obscure.
rippa.PNG

Is it supposed to be this, or is it more like jack the ripper? Jesse and the Rippers? I want to know what they were thinking!

RedRage

Completely random thought but I just remembered Pippa talking about looking for an editor a while back, I wonder if she ever went anywhere with that?

famous artist pipkun

To be clear, I'm reacting with horror to the prospect of more twitch lewd tuber collabs, not because they're lewd, but because none of them are any good. There are good vtubers making adult content, but not on twitch. They have to use those JPN pay sights to sell the good stuff.... to people who leak it for free. I think Vallure is bad and makes bad content too.

Anyways, I've always wondered why the PTR writer chose "The Rippa" as the main phrase? Was it supposed to be more of a rhyme with Pippa? I see this definition that fits, but this seems kind of obscure.
View attachment 79158
Is it supposed to be this, or is it more like jack the ripper? Jesse and the Rippers? I want to know what they were thinking!
rippa means excellent in nipspeak

Top Bottom