"Sakana hates my tongue. Sakana HATE!"Kaminari Clara

Mascot & Artwork Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
A month or two ago, some people were kind enough to prototype a potential mascot character for the site. Now that we're very stable in terms of both finance and userbase, I would really like to start personalizing things a bit more. Thus I'm opening this thread for people to discuss and propose new ideas of how to make this site more unique.

I'd also like to make this a more formalized process than just having people randomly suggest stuff, so here's a little structure;

If you are an artist and you're willing to make content for this site on a free or commissioned basis, either post here with some examples of your previous work/portfolio for public analysis, or send the details in private if you'd prefer anonymity.

In the past, a lot of work here has been done on a voluntary basis. That's cool, but I do like to reward people for their assistance, either financially or just with a perk of some kind so that other people here know they've been a major contributor. I want people to feel pride and accomplishment in helping us grow and distinguish the 'brand'.

Right now there are a few things I'd really like;

• A background collage. Remember the homeland's background? It seems stupid to NOT have something like that considering the hundreds of talents that regularly get mentioned here.
  • Stylized elements for various parts of the forum. I.E the banners over each section and icons for each separate board within these sections.

In addition to these things, there is an ongoing need for people with knowledge of CSS, HTML, web design and Xenforo's architecture in order to implement these things. Currently @Fucking YTs has been extraordinarily helpful in wrangling this forum, and I am incredibly grateful for his aid. However, having more than one person able to implement changes deeper than my very basic knowledge of HTML makes implementing changes and troubleshooting solutions to problems easier and faster, not to mention less stressful on each individual member.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Here are some of my thoughts and details:
  • I have no problem working on icons, it's sort of my bread and butter... but it depends on what we want. Do we want to go with the "Asylum" theme with simple line art icons like the homeland has, or more detailed vtuber related ones? I feel like simple is better for icons, and I may not be the person to do it if we want complicated faces and things like that. Also, simpler icons create a less gaudy feel.
    • The homeland's icons are something like 34x29px.
    • I need to figure out how to add icons to each thread, as everything is dynamically created. Hopefully that's built-in to xenForo (I'm away from my local copy)
      Edit: It does not, and they removed the ability to just add them with CSS in version 2.0. Looks like we will need two addons: Core & Node Icons & Tools

• As for the background collage I'll leave that for someone else. The current homeland xmas collage is 3000x3548px which I've included down below (sorry for the size, but I had to convert it from webp to jpeg -- yes, webp was it's original file type):
    christmas-cards5.jpg
    Anyone doing this would probably want to work with very high-res art to keep the quality high throughout the image. Also, since this would be a highlighted piece on every page I'd be mindful of stealing art, but that's up to you guys.

• I have no interest in monetary gain or rewards, but if someone is doing difficult work like mascots then I can definitely see that.

Last edited:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Currently I'm busy with college stuff, unfortunately, so VA-tan is gonna need a bit more time to develop in the womb. I think I can get her to a "reference sheet" state soon-ish if I push to do it in my free time for a bit. Ideally she'd be detailed enough that we can commission better artists to do Æ-tan style chibi stuff and t-shirt designs to sell.

Last edited:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Well hey, I'm an artist, I work for commissions, and I do like this forum AND VTubers, so if you'd like to hire me for anything, here's my infographic and a handful of stuff I've done. I'm willing to negotiate prices if the drawing's small (which I assume it would be if it's just a forum asset).

commission.png

urbanrivals01.pngwitch.pngEmma's-OC.png
Pippa-v2.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
No, dude, I've had an internet presence for years.

I make shit. Comics and the like. You don't use an internet screen name at that point. My name is literally in my handle here.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
This is a Vtuber board mainly. Might as well just shitpost a mascot into existence using AI.

Someone did Uruka clown art and I feel the whole Joker/Clown motif is fairly relevant given the forum name. I might work around that concept.
1672968681290.png
1672968694832.png

HuskT

Not sure about any of the colors but here
Poppy.jpg

Edit: Changed the face and added a dog/pill creature idk
Poppy1.jpg

Switch the dog colors so he looks less like winnie the poo and you got yourself a winner there.
Pilly.png

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Will have to edit the face to have better facepaint because AI turns facepaint into shit.
1girl, small breasts, black hoodie, {{clown}}, sitting, {{{indian style}}}, shor s-1386712828.png

1girl, small breasts, black hoodie, sitting, {{{indian style}}}, red eyes, short s-1126200700.png

Edit:
1672977425711.png

Mascot Edit Paint.png

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Dog is great, looks like a pokeman.