"I'm not having any sexual thoughts about them, okay? Don't lewd the twins! They don't need it!"Takane Lui

[Live] KIRSCHEPOSTING

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Fox is monumentally retarded on some topics.
News at 11.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The FFXIV vs Elden Ring argument might be one of the most retarded things I've read.

FFXIV, from a purely technical perspective, looks like dogshit. Foxnigga have you LOOKED at the hair textures? I can fucking count every individual pixel of those, and most of the armor textures. The render distance for actual characters is like 25 meters. It IS a PStriple game optimized for jap salaryman laptops from ten years ago. The fidelity is ass, and the upcoming graphical upgrade doesn't seem to be doing that much except updating the textures to actual 2014 standards, and making the shadows exist.

The reason the game looks good is because they were 100% aware of their limitations whenever making anything, and cover up the shit assets extremely well. Who gives a fuck if some of the enemy models look like 2003 WoW kobolds when they're getting blown up by a flashbang's worth of particle effects, and you pull packs of 10 of them into a writhing blob. If some plants or boxes or whatever look bad, they'll be stylized, or y'know, people don't stare down a fucking crate like TotalBiscuit in his prime, to determine if a game looks good or not. The character's faces are low poly and animated like ass, but it fits with the kinda goofy semi-anime style and exaggerated expressions everyone has. The environments look nice because they're well designed from an artistic standpoint, not because the game is high fidelity. Holy fuck nigga, Crysis, the ultimate graphicsfag videogame had this figured out in 2007.

1694023945569.jpeg

Because apparently this is peak photorealistic graphics, and Elden Ring needs to look like this, instead of

1694024077461.jpeg

Because those grapes are CLEARLY higher fidelity.

Peyton Turkanis

The main issue I had was that she said that there is no excuse for game devs with the budget to do so, to not be pushing their games to the graphical limits. She seemed to not understand that no matter how big a dev team, or how much money they can throw at a game, there are still hard limitations to what can be accomplished. There is only so long you can spend developing a game, so much time you can spend on minor models and locations, so much detail you can put in before performance starts to tank on even the highest end machines.

Games do not need to be pushing the bleeding edge of graphics when that could be better spend on other areas of the game, and finishing the game in a reasonable amount of time. There is absolutely a level of quality that should be expected, but expecting a constant push towards an exponentially more difficult to reach breakthrough of quality is absurd.

Dusk, Ultrakill, and Nightmare Reaper are some of my favorite shooters to come out recently, and those things could probably run on the hardware of the time they are emulating. They have absolutely trash textures and models compared to modern games, but still have a better art direction and style than most modern shooters. Improving their graphics would only make them worse, even discounting the fact that they are emulating a retro style.

Towle

This is a woman who played Minecraft at around 20fps on 4090.

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
A decent well thoughtout art style will make your game look timeless, photorealism will just look like shit in 4 years.
imo

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Now that the final end time is locked in at 0836 EST on the 12th, I have no reason to continue spreadsheeting. Though to be fair I never had a reason to begin with. Also, LibreOffice is a steaming pile of shit and I hate it.

Does anyone remember what she was doing on the night of August 17th that prompted a giant spike in donations? There aren't any clips from that period. The next highest was September 1st when she was doing the Pippa watchalong + YIIK. I'd like to be able to label the spikes with something more meaningful than record entry numbers.

E: I am actually retarded; not only is my real time ratio calculation wrong but it would be way more intuitive to just show time remaining; hang on.

E2: I was trying to do something really schizophrenic and graph some kind of time delta ratio that didn't make sense. Here's a much easier graph to understand.

Is this on Kirschecord?
It is not; feel free to share it there if you'd like.

Last edited:

Colgrave

Kirsche Simp
Kirsche's Fluff Huffer
Now that the final end time is locked in at 0836 EST on the 12th, I have no reason to continue spreadsheeting. Though to be fair I never had a reason to begin with. Also, LibreOffice is a steaming pile of shit and I hate it.

Does anyone remember what she was doing on the night of August 17th that prompted a giant spike in donations? There aren't any clips from that period. The next highest was September 1st when she was doing the Pippa watchalong + YIIK. I'd like to be able to label the spikes with something more meaningful than record entry numbers.

Is this on Kirschecord?

Peyton Turkanis

Does anyone remember what she was doing on the night of August 17th that prompted a giant spike in donations?
All I can tell from the tags was someone dropped a $1k donation. Not sure if there was any reason behind it.

Planetary Bombardment

All I can tell from the tags was someone dropped a $1k donation. Not sure if there was any reason behind it.
The spike was not nearly as significant as the first set of graphs implied, so that's probably the sole reason.

Topo Chico

Kirsche's stream shit the bed while sleeping
e:
and were back to chat plays pokemon, that was fast

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Alright, Kirschefags, someone get me the clip/vod/whatever of Kirsche watching Pippa. All of it.

UberSoldat

Watching Death Stranding made me realize that if such a game never had the budget and name of Kojima attached to it, people wouldn't buy it and fund a sequel.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Watching Kirsche play Death Stranding is one of the better gaming experiences I've seen with her. Mostly because the gameplay is so passive that she has nothing to distract her from all the random 'tism urges and noises she'd otherwise be making. That autism test was depressingly accurate.

UberSoldat

More Kirsche losing hours on zen games pls

wrp

node

Santa's Little Diversity Hire
:smugpipi: - Come on Kirsche, you know you have to finish YIIK to complete the bargain

yiik-a-post-modern-rpg-yiik.gif

Planetary Bombardment

Fox woman is presently doing a dramatic reading of twitter spergery; at the moment it's someone with a weird hate boner for her mods? At 5:12 or so in current VOD.

Edit:
I finalized the chart.

Observations:
  • In the future I need to track time remaining and total donations.
  • The initial massive jump was the result of the $1:2min rule. The fox woman probably could have started with 1:1 and pulled the same amount in less total time because...
  • ...even after the rule change there was fifteen thousand dollars worth of donations as the clock ticked down.
  • There is a not-insignificant spike of donations the first time the clock dips below 24 hours.
  • There is a dedicated group of people 'feeding the meter' as the clock dips into single digits.
  • Announcing that there is a cutoff to the timer prompted a huge response to the tune of ~12k USD.

Conclusions:
  • The fox woman undervalues herself. Stop it.
  • Starting with 1:1 is recommended for maximum sanity retention.
  • Donations will be reasonably steady after the initial peak.
  • There will be a spike as the clock approaches the end.
  • More donations can be encouraged by announcing a finite end.

Last edited:

node

Santa's Little Diversity Hire
Never played or watched Kojima's Amazon Driver Simulator ™️ Is there really a Piss Meter?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Never played or watched Kojima's Amazon Driver Simulator ™️ Is there really a Piss Meter?
Yes, you have a canteen that synthesizes water into monster energy drink and you have to piss it out

Top Bottom