[Live] KIRSCHEPOSTING

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
She's made her decision, she's capping the time at midnight her time

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Just letting you know that this didn't pan out well for Lowtax either. The people he "hired" turned out to be almost completely useless and were easily corrupted into being spiteful, vengeful pricks. Not implying that history has to repeat itself.
Lowtax's problems came from being too spineless. If he'd had the balls to start virtually kneecapping fuckers every time one of his mods got uppity, things wouldn't have got so bad. Like he forgot he owned the site and not them, and you can always get more mods. Paycheque's nice and sustainable after all.
She's made her decision, she's capping the time at midnight her time
For the best honestly. All the big subathons that take off eventually have to cap it or they never end. She'll have to take breaks just for mental/physical health, I can't imagine having to be in "entertainer mode" for a month and a half straight.

Colgrave

Kirsche Simp
Kirsche's Fluff Huffer

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Sven

Holy insufferable fart huffing Christ I want to give this guy a swirly and it's been 20 seconds

Edit - god I hope it is satire, the sad thing is in 'current year' I can't honestly tell sometimes

Colgrave

Kirsche Simp
Kirsche's Fluff Huffer
That Overton does Window

node

Santa's Little Diversity Hire
I got'cha 4090 right 'ere :toiletpaperroll:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
View attachment 43770

>he now has a different role colour

So basically all of this could've been effortlessly avoided if anyone with the right authority had just given him a unique role with similar perms.

L o l.
I really am glad I dont spend my time reading Discord. Some of the gayest and most retarded shit ever known to man happens on those servers. Bunch of manchildren just bitching and moaning over nothing.

Also the AI channel is so fucking good. Only thing I actually check out for the most part (and clips channel).

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Ban chat. All of them. Currently stuck in another loop where they just blindly contest everything she says. God but I hate these people who nitpick a single detail, often a subjective detail, and pretend it disproves the entire point a streamer is talking about. Or just ignore the heart of the argument going on. I hate it and I hate these people. Pippa's tangents are awful for attracting them too.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
So how long has she been having this dumb debate about graphics with chat?

Al-Sandulishun

Annoyance
More than an hour.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Good god it's still going. :beataniugh:

node

Santa's Little Diversity Hire
Now this is REAL content :whatastory:
e. I wonder if chat is gonna show her the Dunkey cuck allegations :ironmousekek:

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
She came so close to beating that stupid level in Rockay City then Bagstard clipped through the world :whatastory: :gunpeko:

Towle

What's the last time she slept? How is she live right now, not that I mind.

Colgrave

Kirsche Simp
Kirsche's Fluff Huffer
Someone summarize it for me.
She was trying to articulate that we should demand better graphical fidelity from AAA developers, which is something I somewhat agree with. However, she came off obtuse when she basically said games like Elden Ring (a backburner game that has been in development for like a decade, running on an old engine that parallels the DS2 engine) should look like Final Fantasy Online (a live service game, on a newer engine, that is constantly printing money so as long as the game looks pretty). She doesn't know the rendering optimizations that the more recent FF games have over Elden Ring. She uses the recent earnings of Fromsoft to justify that every wall and tree should be photorealistic.

Her chat's opposition was a mix of: Fromsoft being a dev team of ~300 people (but reportedly FF's dev team is just as big if not smaller at periods), Fromsoft working on making the game access able to lower end hardware (should still have settings to satisfy the higher end of hardware), and the aforementioned DS2/3 engine with a few upgrades to slightly modernize it still making Elden Ring old (This makes sense, but she cannot combat this position due to her lack of knowledge).

Where I oppose her position on this is simply: Games are built on different engines (making others easier to work on than others), Certain camera perspectives reduce the amount of tris to complete your world (making it easier to optimize), and lastly I personally do not care too much about graphical fidelity as long as a game is readable and fun to play.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I don't understand why anyone thinks 'photorealistic' = pretty. Art direction is far more important than how many polygons a model has. The texture packs she was using for Minecraft look completely hideous because you had high-detail textures slapped on simple geometric objects. The visual dissonance was actively revolting to look at.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Final Fantasy Online (a live service game, on a newer engine, that is constantly printing money so as long as the game looks pretty). She doesn't know the rendering optimizations that the more recent FF games have over Elden Ring. She uses the recent earnings of Fromsoft to justify that every wall and tree should be photorealistic.
its funny that she used XIV as a comparison point when it still has content that looks like its on a PS3 and as a whole doesnt really require much to run, im pretty sure elden ring is far more demanding than it and probably has higher definition textures, even the areas post PS3 split (so, around Stormblood, the 2nd expansion i believe) still are not as high def as many people would think, even Endwalker has its fair share of simpler textures, especially on some armor pieces and bits of the world.

I think it was pretty retarded to bring up TERA and Minecraft mods because for the former you had an incentive to have coom textures (and most of the worldspaces are roughly on par with ER or FXIV) and Minecraft graphics mods usually are done by an autist hyperfocusing on graphics and/or really fucking jarring

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
"Photorealistic" isn't realistic to begin with, by the way. Cameras can only make a bizarre distortion of reality. That's why photography is a skill. The skill isn't taking "artsy" black and white emo photos or being in the right place. It's mitigating the warping a camera always presents to try to make it produce something at least somewhat similar to what your eyes see. This gap is especially evident when you do something like slap "realistic" textures on top of polygons but it's just as true with anything, just less obvious.
It's also why we get 100 Pixar/Dreamworks copypasta animated movies a year and even Disney fell on their faces and adopted that style. People have accepted that as realistic and appealing in the same way that kids once accepted Bugs Bunny as a rabbit. We get a few Avatar style movies per year because those are much, much harder to pull off (and people still scream about the always-misused term 'uncanny valley'). Another good thing to consider is how something like WoW looks timeless whereas all the games from the same time frame that tried to be realistic look super dated and bad.

Top Bottom