"Oh my god... my legs look so fat"Demondice

How did you find this site? [Survey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
So as we slowly approach 500 members, I'd really like to know where people are coming from. I have never personally advertised this website to anyone beyond the few hundred members who are part of the original Kiwifarms vtuber thread, so all other growth has been entirely organic. This poll is here to help me understand who my audience currently is, and will provide very valuable data that informs me decisions going forward. Apart from voting, I'd like people to post directly and tell me how they found this place if they weren't simply migrants from Kiwifarms.

If you don't want to dox yourself in any way and reveal associations with other communities or websites publicly, I'd really appreciate it if you informed me in private (via DM) about the specifics of your first contact here. I won't share this information with anyone, merely use it to improve my own insight into the population here.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I have been a long-time lurker on the New Zealand bird fansite, and relatively recently lurked the virtual youtuber thread because I got into Pipkin Pippa, where I saved the link to this site when it was advertised. I eventually made an account because I wanted to be able to check links (can't do without an account) and make comments on Pippa's content.

Edit: First comment I made was after Kirsche and Pippa's first collab. That was absolutely gold and I'm always enjoy it when they team up to make content.

Last edited:

TwoBit

Early Adopter
I saw someone on po.ast talk about it, I regrettably have forgotten who it was specifically. But this was the time when we were all basically refugees due to the homeland being under attack by the troon menace, and we were looking for a place to discuss our anime waifu's. I signed up the day I found out this place had been established.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
I was part of that "incubation message chain" on the homeland, I remember I even set up a discord that was eventually shut down because this was the superior alternative.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
From the incubation message chain as well. I am not graduating though.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Apart from voting, I'd like people to post directly and tell me how they found this place if they weren't simply migrants from Kiwifarms.

Niggas can't read.

Last edited:

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Homeland message chain or poast, I don't remember where I got the link from.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
My autism led me here.

(KF)

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Homeland message chain or poast, I don't remember where I got the link from.
He first dropped the link on poast, so that's where I saw it.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think the problem with this poll is that most of the active users who will even vote are just dedicated autists from the homeland (like you can already see by the vote distribution) any newbies who got here from some other random place are not nearly as active if at all.

Hannah Macchia's Dad

The Downfall of Talent and Agency
Saw a Nolan post and decided to join since I lost the access to my account on the homeland (same username)

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Came as part of the refugee exodus during the Vermin Wars.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Started lurking the homethread round the time of the Pippa fail dox and watched discussion of this place come to fruition and joined as soon as I saw a link to show support.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Saw the advertisement on poast but I've been initially a lurker on homeland for months before the vermintide war, first saw the posts about making this forum over at homeland though so I just ended up looking at the forum creation updates through poast once I couldn't access homeland easily

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
why are the votes publicly visible?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
why are the votes publicly visible?

Sorry, didn't even realize that option was a thing (I think it's disabled completely on KF) and that it auto-toggled.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
So as we slowly approach 500 members, I'd really like to know where people are coming from. I have never personally advertised this website to anyone beyond the few hundred members who are part of the original Kiwifarms vtuber thread, so all other growth has been entirely organic. This poll is here to help me understand who my audience currently is, and will provide very valuable data that informs me decisions going forward. Apart from voting, I'd like people to post directly and tell me how they found this place if they weren't simply migrants from Kiwifarms.

If you don't want to dox yourself in any way and reveal associations with other communities or websites publicly, I'd really appreciate it if you informed me in private (via DM) about the specifics of your first contact here. I won't share this information with anyone, merely use it to improve my own insight into the population here.
Again for my curiosity and for clarification between the options:
- I saw someone other than you post the link in the Homeland = 1
- I saw you post the link in the Homeland (in the thread or in the DM chain) = 2
- I knew you wanted to make the forum but didn't find it until later = whichever option I ended up getting the name of the forum from

Also, when you say migrants from Kiwifarms, does it matter to you whether the migrants posted in the Kiwifarms thread, lurked with an account, or lurked without an account?

I think the problem with this poll is that most of the active users who will even vote are just dedicated autists from the homeland (like you can already see by the vote distribution) any newbies who got here from some other random place are not nearly as active if at all.
There's already a banner at the top of the page. There are probably ways to increase participation but I can't think of any.

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Not_glowie

Just lurking
I was lurking homeland, so I came here when it went down. Then registered for attachments and I will continue lurking until I feel that there's something valuable to add to the discussion.

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire
Knew about the homeland from long before then found out it had a vtuber thread right before HoloEN debuted. Never made an account because didn’t want to be connected to the place. Then the death screams began and I dove for cover in here when it was brought up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom