"Why do they all look black?!"Chikafuji Lisa

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

For the emotes in case moe ends up collabing with vermintide instead of homostars :Vesper-UNHINGED:
I liked moe but she was the type to one day go on a rant about trans rites and shit, hopefully she never drank the koolaid and if she did cover puts the foot down.

Did she ever actually interact with troons? Or vshojo? Is this just a seaYamanba stirring shit in his edgy twitter 4chins reposting account?
I only really watched her during a couple collabs she did with Ironmouse and the others and I do vaguely remember her having some retarded views that she shared but I don't remember any troon shit it was mostly spazzing out because some cat femboy they had on did a sexual joke regarding her model and the dude got fucking metoo'd shortly after

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It's most likely just debut month timeslots.
Tempus was like that, first few weeks they had to stream on specific timeslots, after they got more freedom they started streaming in their preferred timeslots.
I was wondering about this, as well, with how close the times are between Shiori and Bijou. Bijou streams at 8 AM JST and Shiori at 11 AM JST. Would not be surprised to see FuwaMoco and Nerissa at 9 and 10 AM stream times. I am not gonna be optimistic and expect them to suddenly change to EU times, though, lol. Maybe we will be lucky and Nerissa will put herself in EU to be with Kiara, if she really is Caitlin and Kiara is her oshi.

Edit:
EN luna :gunpeko: another hard pass.

Last edited:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Apparently the Redditors are really curious on what made Natsumi Moe decide to join Hololive. According to them, she was asked about Hololive multiple times and always replied with "Not interested."

I'm too lazy to screenshot the conversation it so I'll just share the comment thread.
Hololive is very different now than back then, specially restrictions-wise and management-wise. I can understand someone changing their mind on that.

Besides the obvious not being a good idea to tell your fans you are considering quitting to join Hololive, of course.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Another Natsumi Moe channel and again she outlives almost everyone in the EN scene

Her RPG Maker brainrot is real

Damn, there are videos on this channel from 2017/2018 with less than 50 views.
Really happy for her.
e: The linked patreon which promises "no rewards" is still technically active. Ko-Fi link is still valid but unsure if she'd receive it. Since she eventually became a full indie as Moe I'd assume the Natsumi Moe dono links or ko-fi are the best way to bypass Cover's cut.

Last edited:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Really happy for her.
e: The linked patreon which promises "no rewards" is still technically active. Ko-Fi link is still valid but unsure if she'd receive it.
The giga grindset of getting passive income from people that forget to cancel subscriptions or rope it with an active sub

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

The Rrat

Early Adopter

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Not a single collab with a big vtuber all of them are 1-2views,so i think its fair to say that she is going to try to collab with her literal who? friends before anyone else
Highly doubt EN management gives the go-ahead on "literal who?" collabs when she's still in the early phases of trying to grow an audience and establish a loyal following. Besides, when a Holo senpai pings her for a collab (which we all know they're all eager to do since getting to play/stream with the new blood is a time-tested meta within the agency), what's she gonna say? "Sorry, you're gonna have to wait while I collab with this 2-view cunt you've never heard of"? She's gonna get her slot for her 2-view friends but definitely not before her in-agency collabs.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Highly doubt EN management gives the go-ahead on "literal who?" collabs when she's still in the early phases of trying to grow an audience and establish a loyal following. Besides, when a Holo senpai pings her for a collab (which we all know they're all eager to do since getting to play/stream with the new blood is a time-tested meta within the agency), what's she gonna say? "Sorry, you're gonna have to wait while I collab with this 2-view cunt you've never heard of"? She's gonna get her slot for her 2-view friends but definitely not before her in-agency collabs.
Bae didn't collab with her literal best friend until almost a year after debut, so I am inclined to agree with this.

edit: Irrelevant, actually, would delete if I could. There is no way she collabs outside of Holo before her senpai, but nothing stopping her from doing so after that.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Ok that was easy +the streams on Bilibili and her being friends with Artia.So she is a chink huh,i guess Holo really couldnt avoid it.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Bae didn't collab with her literal best friend until almost a year after debut, so I am inclined to agree with this.

edit: Irrelevant, actually, would delete if I could. There is no way she collabs outside of Holo before her senpai, but nothing stopping her from doing so after that.
sorry i worded that bad.What i was trying to say it was that her first outside of Holo Collabs arent going to be with the average twitch vtuber because she doesnt know them (aside from Ironmouse but that was in like the Caveman era of vtubing)

Ok that was easy +the streams on Bilibili and her being friends with Artia.So she is a chink huh,i guess Holo really couldnt avoid it.

So does she know Mandarin or Cantonese?

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
Thinking on it further, I don't believe that there's all that big of a mismatch of Shiori's voice and her model. Sure, she isn't the gothgirl dommy mommy that we were thinking of, but she still fits the archetype of the perky gothgirl that works at the bookstore that will happily talk your ear off.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
sorry i worded that bad.What i was trying to say it was that her first outside of Holo Collabs arent going to be with the average twitch vtuber because she doesnt know them (aside from Ironmouse but that was in like the Caveman era of vtubing)

Well bae's also a chink soooo, I don't think the company has rules against the chinese.
Thinking on it further, I don't believe that there's all that big of a mismatch of Shiori's voice and her model. Sure, she isn't the gothgirl dummy mommy that we were thinking of, but she still fits the archetype of the perky gothgirl that works at the bookstore that will happily talk your ear off.
Yeah idk why people were calling her a loli, she sounds more like Bae's high voice/Mumei, what's above a loli but below an onesan?

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter

kestraline

Early Adopter
so what happened? I thought she was done with the whole thing
She either applied or got scouted for Hololive.
It's most likely just debut month timeslots.
Tempus was like that, first few weeks they had to stream on specific timeslots, after they got more freedom they started streaming in their preferred timeslots.
I hope so. Either way it's dumb regardless. Constant messing around with time slots only harms things.

And I am sure she knows there will be a lot of her former fans who want to watch her but the given time slot is unworkable.
Really happy for her.
e: The linked patreon which promises "no rewards" is still technically active. Ko-Fi link is still valid but unsure if she'd receive it. Since she eventually became a full indie as Moe I'd assume the Natsumi Moe Ko-Fi is the best way to bypass Cover's cut.
You can also just donate through StreamElements.

Not exactly. She was part of a group of other OG EN vtubers who streamed on there, they eventually made a group but it didn't last.

There was a website too but it expired. Again, as a group it did not last long, although that wasn't the fault of the girls.

The thing is though, as someone who did watch her, Moe focusing on Bilibili was probably what was the last nail in the coffin for her, as she cut back her regular Twitch streams to stream on that site instead. And even if she was still speaking English there, you just were never going to get the same experience watching her as you would on normal western platforms.

I seem to recall Artia did approach her for advice at one point though. But they were never properly associated with each other.

Also, the game itself was called "Chinese Parents", doesn't mean that she herself is one. She has always refused to disclose where she was from.
She was trying to learn Mandarin to be able to communicate with the chat but it wasn't a lot. Just like how she knows some Japanese.

Cantonese is a very hard language to learn due to its structure and realistically the only way you can learn it is if you were raised around it. I have been told that by a lot of people.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Well bae's also a chink soooo, I don't think the company has rules against the chinese.
It shouldn't matter where they are from as long as they aren't spewing CCP propaganda on-stream, anyway.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
She either applied or got scouted for Hololive.

I hope so. Either way it's dumb regardless. Constant messing around with time slots only harms things.

And I am sure she knows there will be a lot of her former fans who want to watch her but the given time slot is unworkable.

You can also just donate through StreamElements.

Not exactly. She was part of a group of other OG EN vtubers who streamed on there, they eventually made a group but it didn't last.

There was a website too but it expired. Again, as a group it did not last long, although that wasn't the fault of the girls.

The thing is though, as someone who did watch her, Moe focusing on Bilibili was probably what was the last nail in the coffin for her, as she cut back her regular Twitch streams to stream on that site instead. And even if she was still speaking English there, you just were never going to get the same experience watching her as you would on normal western platforms.

I seem to recall Artia did approach her for advice at one point though. But they were never properly associated with each other.

Also, the game itself was called "Chinese Parents", doesn't mean that she herself is one. She has always refused to disclose where she was from.

She was trying to learn Mandarin to be able to communicate with the chat but it wasn't a lot. Just like how she knows some Japanese.

Cantonese is a very hard language to learn due to its structure and realistically the only way you can learn it is if you were raised around it. I have been told that by a lot of people.
you seem to know a lot about her.What happened with the Eilene family? I dont understand the situation past certain point.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Thinking on it further, I don't believe that there's all that big of a mismatch of Shiori's voice and her model. Sure, she isn't the gothgirl dummy mommy that we were thinking of, but she still fits the archetype of the perky gothgirl that works at the bookstore that will happily talk your ear off.

Yeah, I know several woman that are like this, she fits the character perfectly

/vt/ can keep malding about collabs, the lesbians on twitter can keep malding that she's attracted to men, commence Total Unicorn Death

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Agreed, I was pretty amused at the voice mismatch posts in the thread last night. I grew up in the era of goths and the goth bookworm quirky science girl was pretty common, think Abby from the tv show NCIS. Plenty of asian teenger girls rebelled against their tiger parents by going goth or punk.. I dated a few back in the day lol

What they look like in their mind vs reality
shiori_abby Copy.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom